Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Read After Burning posted:

All the fruit pies, jellies, and tarts in Animal Crossing look so good. :(

Gimmie this fuckin' thing!

Very important: if you put jelly on a table you can interact to jiggle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Anyone played KOTOR on Switch yet? I kind of want to pick up something chill to play between SMT V sessions, and KOTOR will scratch that itch as long as the port is alright.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Agrias120 posted:

Anyone played KOTOR on Switch yet? I kind of want to pick up something chill to play between SMT V sessions, and KOTOR will scratch that itch as long as the port is alright.

I know a cod goon that was playing it last night. He gave it a thumbs up.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Snake Maze posted:

Very important: if you put jelly on a table you can interact to jiggle it.

:aaaaa:

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1459258275338199041

I know someone was looking for the premium edition SMTV earlier. Went up on GameStop just now.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have been informed that some goons have falsely posted that FF8's story is bad.

I am here to clarify that this is false; FF8 is, in fact, a good story.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Absolutely wild that those Pixel Remasters didn't go to the consoles right away.

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have been informed that some goons have falsely posted that FF8's story is bad.

I am here to clarify that this is false; FF8 is, in fact, a good story.

nothing that happens to the characters is memorable

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Copernic posted:

Use fewer summons.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

flavor.flv posted:

I had that happen a few times, the problem is in the right one, it's not connecting to the switch properly. Blow some duster on the rail connection and do a joycon firmware update and see what that does

I ended up putting it to sleep and then left it alone for a while

Now it works again and I've no idea why....

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Zurtilik posted:

Absolutely wild that those Pixel Remasters didn't go to the consoles right away.

It annoys me so much. Same with how the mobile versions don’t have controller support, so I couldn’t even pick them up for tablet instead if I wanted.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Copernic posted:

Squall yelling poo poo about refusing to be spoken about in the past tense is hella memorable

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Remember when Twitch or Square put up highlights of people's reactions to the E3 show and they featured Rocco Botte's excitment when they announced the Pixel Remasters but left out his bewilderment a few seconds later when it only said Steam and Mobile?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Agrias120 posted:

It annoys me so much. Same with how the mobile versions don’t have controller support, so I couldn’t even pick them up for tablet instead if I wanted.

what kind of psycho sits at their iPhone with a controller

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Reposting my FF8 chart here I made after I beat it recently, it has a bunch of cool events*

*in-game blog reading required

https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1454110449130164233?t=3upNrqd-htYfMF_JqorrLg&s=19

Every FF game has lames and FF8 is a bit stiff compared to 7 or 9 but the setting and art design makes it worth it. Wish they'd kept the materia though.

I did use the cheats a bit too, no shame in cheating on switch edition when you need to move things along.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Use fewer summons.

:rimshot: :golfclap:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
FF8 can't have the worst story in the history of video games because Ephemeral Fantasia exists.

Agrias120 posted:

I ended up liking Voice of Cards, but not enough to get the other endings. The menu loading/lag got kind of unbearable by the end of the game, hopefully it was only a Switch thing.

I got all four endings but I wish the game would let you save right before the final boss instead of making you go through his speech and all that poo poo every time you want to get a new ending. I guess they didn't want people to save themselves into an unwinnable situation since you can't leave the room after you trigger his speech, but there are better ways to prevent that. Like having an autosave, which...it did, so the problem was already solved and there was no reason to prevent saving after the speech.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Agrias120 posted:

Switch up reviewed the port and say it's good, with a couple of annoyances(rare instance of text boxes being TOO BIG instead of too small), runs around 40-50 fps most of the time but with good frame pacing so there isn't much stutter.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Twelve by Pies posted:

FF8 can't have the worst story in the history of video games because Ephemeral Fantasia exists.

I got all four endings but I wish the game would let you save right before the final boss instead of making you go through his speech and all that poo poo every time you want to get a new ending. I guess they didn't want people to save themselves into an unwinnable situation since you can't leave the room after you trigger his speech, but there are better ways to prevent that. Like having an autosave, which...it did, so the problem was already solved and there was no reason to prevent saving after the speech.

Yeah this is more or less the entire reason I didn’t do them all.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
yay finally playing SMTV!

Hmm...the battles seem to be missing a bit of a visceral "pop" at least in handheld. Sound effects sound kinda meh, hitting weak points doesn't feel "juicy," the extra turn icorns are kinda weird and the overall flow seems a little slow/soft especially compared to SMT4 or punching idiots in the face in Nocturne

extremely minor quibbles for what I'm sure is going to be an amazing RPG but yeah kinda underwhelming in that regard. I'll try n see if docked is any better

The world itself looks decent but kinda blurry handheld, and there are random fps drops. It's fine for an RPG but I wouldn't say it runs silky smooth

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

KingSlime posted:

yay finally playing SMTV!

Hmm...the battles seem to be missing a bit of a visceral "pop" at least in handheld. Sound effects sound kinda meh, hitting weak points doesn't feel "juicy," the extra turn icorns are kinda weird and the overall flow seems a little slow/soft especially compared to SMT4 or punching idiots in the face in Nocturne

extremely minor quibbles for what I'm sure is going to be an amazing RPG but yeah kinda underwhelming in that regard. I'll try n see if docked is any better

The world itself looks decent but kinda blurry handheld, and there are random fps drops. It's fine for an RPG but I wouldn't say it runs silky smooth

Yeah, I have a Lite so only handheld for me and I found myself wondering if it was even hitting 720p or if it was just aggressively filtered. Still, the game is pretty except that bit and it also rules

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Welp, finally got to the point where I had to delete a game to make room for KOTOR on my 64gb card. I knew the day would come where I would need to upgrade.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I upgraded to a 400gb and am now at the point where I have to delete/archive stuff too

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I hold in my hands a Zelda Game and Watch

Blessed Saint Miyamoto be praised

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fun Times! posted:

Mario Party palming should only be used to gain victory over friends and enemies and therefore has no use in a single player game. Didn't you read the factory safety warning?

the computer is my friend. and my enemy.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Twelve by Pies posted:

That game's plot is impressively nonsensical.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So apparently the GTA re-releases are a trashfire? I haven't been following but that's what some of my friends were saying? I was really looking forward to replaying VC and to a lesser extent SA, but yeah, guessing it's a no-go then?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re fine.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Same. Did you notice that the triforce on the back lights up when it’s turned on?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Open Marriage Night posted:

Same. Did you notice that the triforce on the back lights up when it’s turned on?

:prepop:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So apparently the GTA re-releases are a trashfire? I haven't been following but that's what some of my friends were saying? I was really looking forward to replaying VC and to a lesser extent SA, but yeah, guessing it's a no-go then?

they're barely acceptable. only buy if you're a superfan and are willing to put up with bad performance and occasionally-good-but-mostly-bad graphics to have them on switch. otherwise just reinstall (or pirate if you don't own them) the original pc ports and mod to your taste

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Weedle posted:

they're barely acceptable. only buy if you're a superfan and are willing to put up with bad performance and occasionally-good-but-mostly-bad graphics

kinda sounds like every port ever on this machine

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's pretty nice. Definitely a better buy than the Mario one last year. I mean, it could have just been Links Awakening and been a better buy!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they’re bad on all the other machines too

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The Diablo port is unfuckwithable. I think that might be the only good port tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
hanvt played them yet due to smt 5 but theyre sitting on my pc and i have to say. seems like theyre good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

definitely not. doom, the witcher 3, and saints row 3 look and run better than this. dark souls, borderlands and asscreed 4 stick a solid 720p30 in handheld mode. burnout paradise is 720p60. gta3 is like, 600p20-30 and looks worse than all of those. it's bad

Weedle
May 31, 2006

to be clear: i will play all of them to completion, because they're timeless classics that i will love forever. but they deserve better than this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

None of those games is nearly as resource heavy as Rockstars technical heavyweights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they’re two decade old games