Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
weah was awesome imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

"christian pulisic, he had the smell" - jermaine jones jr.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

shirts and skins posted:

Him or Weah, yeah. Really solid all around.

Only saw the second half, but Weah was amazing, and that defensive play when they first went down to 10 was great.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pissed then in the second half in a way I can’t remember

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
From now on please refer to the Mexican National Team as "LLL Tri"

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

a disappointing performance by the americans, leaving them just one point above Canada

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Tim Weah MoTM, that game was cathartic as hell.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jovial Cow posted:

Tim Weah MoTM, that game was cathartic as hell.

Weah was good, Pulisic has that poacher's nose for goal, Zimmerman was good, Steffens was good, let's be fair. Pepi was pretty invisible, Aaronson was good. Yedlin sucked. This team is going to be okay a year from now if they stay healthy.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Hondurass really hosed it up for everbody. There's a 7 point gap from 5th to 8th and motherfucking Panama can leapfrog Canada on Tuesday. Had they managed to not be pants on head dumb the playoff spot would have been wide open and the top 3 would have had breathing room.

Honduras always finding a way to be pieces of poo poo to everybody

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

3/3 against Mexico this year. Unbelievable.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

imagine thinking el tri could win against the united states mens national team

lmao

just lmao forever

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

G-Hawk posted:

imagine thinking el tri could win against the united states mens national team

lmao

just lmao forever

That's right :hmmyes:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Love it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Finally, decades of soccer moms having kids play soccer coming home for the US to finish maybe top 16 in the world cup!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

stab posted:

Hondurass really hosed it up for everbody. There's a 7 point gap from 5th to 8th and motherfucking Panama can leapfrog Canada on Tuesday. Had they managed to not be pants on head dumb the playoff spot would have been wide open and the top 3 would have had breathing room.

Honduras always finding a way to be pieces of poo poo to everybody

Speaking of late fuckups, Jamaica could've put some real pressure on Panama for the playoff spot and put some distance between them and the bottom of the pack teams, but then...

https://twitter.com/TelemundoSports/status/1459368343257993217

Oops.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Mexico are poo poo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Derpies posted:

Finally, decades of soccer moms having kids play soccer coming home for the US to finish maybe top 16 in the world cup!

Helps that we're no longer choosing to develop them by sending them to Dayton or Stanford when they turn 18

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Fun match last night.

Weah is pretty good and definitely the MotM. Great to see the US play such a young squad this campaign (especially against the dinosaurs that Mexico keeps playing).

I don't know why half of you keep moaning about the USMNT performance and acting as though you're one step away from not qualifying to Qatar. The US has been impressive all year. Sure, a few bad performances (in non-critical matches) but something to be expected as new people get rotated through. Guess it's about constantly portraying yourselves as some sort of underdog as a means for coping with...I don't know, if you're in this category, maybe go see a therapist.

Jovial Cow posted:

that game was cathartic as hell.

:laugh:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Derpies posted:

thank you for your service, moms

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

I don't know why half of you keep moaning about the USMNT performance and acting as though you're one step away from not qualifying to Qatar. The US has been impressive all year. Sure, a few bad performances (in non-critical matches) but something to be expected as new people get rotated through. Guess it's about constantly portraying yourselves as some sort of underdog as a means for coping with...I don't know, if you're in this category, maybe go see a therapist.

Yeah the underdog thing exists but also missing 2018 left some scars. I've been very optimistic about this group given its packed with talented young players who are at big clubs, something the us has never really had before. This clearly isn't the 2017 squad. But the general fanbase is not ready to trust the team not to gently caress up again yet.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tortilla Maker posted:

We were praying (futilely) for goals from Jozy Altidore *so recently*. It takes a while to get over that mindset.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

They’ve been routinely bagging results but the quality of play wasn’t that strong.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
no one trusts berhalter

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

African AIDS cum posted:

Mexico are poo poo

Yes and it owns to see them realize it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's sad that I had to throw that headline into Google Translate despite 4 years of high school Spanish.

Mi español es malo...como LLL Tri contra EEUU.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/vernfern29/status/1459407230697041927?t=5gJmTEawUx7I-eIoTnb2FA&s=19

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Thassa red, coulda killed the lad.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Canada gains +2 to Concacaf shithousing

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Alright so I thought the canadians were kinda being dumb about ha ha our cold weather is gonna gently caress with Mexico but well

https://twitter.com/gvlo2008/status/1459960989240209414?s=19

This does seem a bit difficult

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I was in Denver for the USMNT qualifier against Costa Rica in 2013 when it was snowing and the temperature was like 30 degrees. It definitely seemed to put Costa Rica at a disadvantage, they were pissed. It was a great time in the stands though.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Alright so I thought the canadians were kinda being dumb about ha ha our cold weather is gonna gently caress with Mexico but well

For more context (and coverted into American heathen metrics)

It'll be 9 degrees Fahrenheit at kickoff and may drop to 0
There will be 25 mph winds
Oh and theres 8 inches of snow expected

Who's ready for a shitshow and 90 minute display of hoofball? (They're also playing on awful artifical turf designed for CFL football so that ball bounces and moves wherever the gently caress it feels like)

Edit: the pissbaby moaning in that twitter thread is so loving funny. It's like they forget Mexico makes teams play at extreme altitude in 95 degree weather with 90000 fans screaming homophobic insults at the players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ2iAQoH3pk

stab fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 15, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The CONCACAF weathermen have logged on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I hope they remembered to bring the winter ball

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I was in Denver for the USMNT qualifier against Costa Rica in 2013 when it was snowing and the temperature was like 30 degrees. It definitely seemed to put Costa Rica at a disadvantage, they were pissed. It was a great time in the stands though.
Don't forget how the Costa Ricans went collectively apeshit the next time the Americans went there for a game.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

stab posted:

For more context (and coverted into American heathen metrics)

It'll be 9 degrees Fahrenheit at kickoff and may drop to 0
There will be 25 mph winds
Oh and theres 8 inches of snow expected

Who's ready for a shitshow and 90 minute display of hoofball? (They're also playing on awful artifical turf designed for CFL football so that ball bounces and moves wherever the gently caress it feels like)

Edit: the pissbaby moaning in that twitter thread is so loving funny. It's like they forget Mexico makes teams play at extreme altitude in 95 degree weather with 90000 fans screaming homophobic insults at the players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ2iAQoH3pk

It's going to be more unpleasant to be in Commonwealth than usual (because Edmonton sucks) but I feel with enough beer and yelling it will be tolerable.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Gameday

Canada, you know what to do

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Gameday

Canada, you know what to do

Lose by 12, yes.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

G-Hawk posted:

It snowed for 21 hours straight and may still be falling lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Another Bill posted:

It snowed for 21 hours straight and may still be falling lol

Oh man is Mexico going to play at the Iceteca today?

:madmax:

https://twitter.com/cbcsports/status/1460614252729933829?t=BBvVfuGv2_hIDlGWOJld-A&s=19

Lol they handwrote "It's Cold" in the loving snow I am dying. (Latest update has kickoff temp at -17, or ONE DEGREE FAHRENHEIT lmao)

When did Canada take the crash course on the CONCACAF dark arts?

stab fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 16, 2021