Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

lol at everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Trying to work "AJJ - A Song Dedicated to the Memory of Screamy the Fish" into more of a joke than just the title but the actual song is really sad and i don't want to even try to rework the lyrics so I'mma leave this idea here and :justpost:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
one thing I will say to the taxman's credit: one time I saw mangtosteens at the market and I got them because of the memes, and they were actually pretty good. Not like, life-changing, but a solid 8/10.

RIP rich, your attempt to get goons to click MLM affiliate links for weird chinese juice introduced me to a fruit that's like halfway between an orange and a strawberry. That doesn't make up for, y'know, all the other stuff, but mangosteens are pretty good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

one thing I will say to the taxman's credit: one time I saw mangtosteens at the market and I got them because of the memes, and they were actually pretty good. Not like, life-changing, but a solid 8/10.

RIP rich, your attempt to get goons to click MLM affiliate links for weird chinese juice introduced me to a fruit that's like halfway between an orange and a strawberry. That doesn't make up for, y'know, all the other stuff, but mangosteens are pretty good.

I actually picked up some Mangosteen juice because I saw it and thought of these dumbass forums

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
What a thread.

Anyway, I feel real bad for the guy's exes and especially his kids. What a lovely thing to do.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I wouldn’t have before but “between an orange and a strawberry” sounds rad so I’m going to now

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mangosteen was really the weirdest blunder. How are you going to create a forum that fosters a very cynical anti-corporate view and then get mad when your affiliate link snake oil thing gets called out?

I guess he figured out the correct way to grift the forums but mangosteen was hilariously tone-deaf.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Grumble Bees posted:

What a thread.

Anyway, I feel real bad for the guy's exes and especially his kids. What a lovely thing to do.

Honestly, this mess is going better than I thought his e-wake on the forums was going to go.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Kind gentle goon seeks goonette partner in life and love (under 140lbs), please pm me on https://www.forums.somethingawful.com or on AIM

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HonorableTB posted:

I'll never forget the time I tried to helldump someone and hosed it up so badly that I got helldumped in my own thread and forcibly taught some humility following a 1 week probe. Taught me a lot about throwing stones tbh

It's funny as someone on the other side of a similar experience you think I'd remember more of it. I can't even remember who it was that called me out. The only thing really I can recall is someone else in the thread saying in my defense, "that's not rolling with the punches, that's rope a dope" which made me feel seen. Maybe it didn't happen at all and I dreamt it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

frozen but not forgotten

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Peter Daou Zen posted:

laughing at internet stuff and trying to explain it to "normies. . ."

well you see, this guy's fish died and then he froze it. people came up with various ways he should bury the fish to honor its memory. no, no its a gold fish not a big fish. his name? well we named him Screamy but. . .then somebody had cum in their mouth and took all the attention away from the fish.

look it doesn't matter WHY HE FROZE THE FISH HE JUST DID

My girlfriend got mad at me last night because I kept laughing at my phone, and whenever she asked what I was laughing at, I couldn't explain myself for obvious reasons.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
It was pathetic and sad watching the last few times he posted here before the site was sold.

Like he was a shell of what he used to be. Not surprised.

RIP

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

22 years of my life here. My other account is irretrievable so this will have to do. RIP Lowtax and condolences to the wives and kids left behind :(

Concept Theory
Aug 10, 2003
drat, what a wild ride

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
For all the people lamenting over their lost old user accounts, email Jeffrey. He's really helpful and I'm sure he'd help figure it out for you all.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Or maybe don’t

Having all these 40 somethings from the early 2000s coming back and complaining about how the forums are these days is like some weird old dude who lived in your house a long time before you moved in coming around one day uninvited and criticising how you’ve furnished it

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
Finally caught up reading this thread.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So he killed himself because he was gonna be broke from the court ruling or because he felt that he was confirmed in court that he was an abuser? Didn't he want a divorce too. Maybe there is more to this. A mystery to be solved.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

usbombshell posted:

Finally caught up reading this thread.

i'm so sorry, my condolences

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i like seeing Jeffrey pop into the thread. he's so wholesome and really wants SA to become a community again and rise beyond its juvenile origins.

protip: sell out as soon as you can my dude. the forums will never fill the same spot in your heart that drugs and sex could. get hosed up on PCP and abandon yourself to hedonism. gently caress hookers and eat endangered species; life is only the progressive loss of meaning, and one day you will be broken too.

still glad you saved the site tho

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
Has anyone told King Reol?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Donated for the kids and family. RIP Lord of the LowTaxes, you created something very special, and I really hoped you could shake off the demons.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Still lolling at someone being dumb enough to believe that the tenbux icon could be turned into a profitable NFT, as well as the idea that NFTs have any real value.

Just lmao

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

i like seeing Jeffrey pop into the thread. he's so wholesome and really wants SA to become a community again and rise beyond its juvenile origins.

protip: sell out as soon as you can my dude. the forums will never fill the same spot in your heart that drugs and sex could. get hosed up on PCP and abandon yourself to hedonism. gently caress hookers and eat endangered species; life is only the progressive loss of meaning, and one day you will be broken too.

still glad you saved the site tho

Hard disagree. relative to the amount of money I spent on this site, no drug has even come close to the sheer mindfuckery regularly found here.

Though if I had allegedly epent 400k to buy these forums, hmmm
That's a lot of sex and/or drugs

daemonsultan
Dec 28, 2004

drat, those news sucked. Been here for 17 years, one third of my life. Gotta give the guy credit for, if nothing else, setting this poo poo up. And even though guilty of domestic abuse and stuff, I feel empathy. RIP, dude.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Will we have a representative at his funeral?

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

The Real Amethyst posted:

That would involve going out.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bogus Adventure posted:

Still lolling at someone being dumb enough to believe that the tenbux icon could be turned into a profitable NFT, as well as the idea that NFTs have any real value.

Just lmao

Hmm yes, cartoon apes are a much better investment

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Real Amethyst posted:

we're all going, re-read the ToS we all agreed to be buried in his tomb with him.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Lowtax’s death has brought new attention to the site, something it hasn’t seen in many years. Through his sacrifice SA will be born again into everlasting life.

Guys was Lowtax actually Jesus? Has anyone checked his tomb recently to see if the stone is still blocking the entrance?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Scratch Monkey posted:

Lowtax’s death has brought new attention to the site, something it hasn’t seen in many years. Through his sacrifice SA will be born again into everlasting life.

Guys was Lowtax actually Jesus? Has anyone checked his tomb recently to see if the stone is still blocking the entrance?

No

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

any update on the fish yet?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Still dead

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

drat RIP screamy fish you were a real one

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I was 12 in 2006 and used my moms credit card to :regd06:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Lowtax.

I'm sorry to hear about your death.

I remember that one time when the forums were down and everyone was on your Twitter feed and you had us all get on Twitch and raid random people. That was the first time I ever got on Twitch and I've been a big fan of that since. So thank you for putting me on to that and thank you for the good times, buddy!

Rest in peace.