Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
HUMANITY, YOU loving PIECES OF poo poo
https://twitter.com/HeadlinerClip/status/1458297015771697160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

how else are you going to get the info you need for max adrenochrome harvesting

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

inconsequential posted:

I feel like it’s fair to not be so hardcore in the Travis Scott is a literal Satanist, but to look at the situation metaphorically. So much of modern pop-culture is about empty values like notoriety and material wealth, and Travis Scott is probably less of an incredible talent who worked hard to succeed than a man who had good connections and got lucky. Watch how the young people are almost all videotaping with their phones. They aren’t there to enjoy beautiful music, they are there to worship an idol and signal their status to their friends. In this sense, Scott is a false prophet, and the values he represents are arguably quiet immoral. Cheaping on security and safety so somebody can make a few extra bucks, layers and layers of bureaucracy to stop anyone from being able to simply stop the show when people are being hurt, the perverse incentives to keeping the show going at all costs, Scott’s own past with inciting chaos and ignoring the safety of his crowds. This is a gaudy celebration of all the terrible (arguably evil and thus Satan adjacent) values of modern life. Furthermore, as the wealthy continue to engage with occult imagery, it becomes increasingly likely that at least one so called artist will be drawn to the notion that people are willing to die for their art/message/engaged in their worship.

I just finished an interesting book called The Immortality Key. It harkens back to some really cool anthropological vibes this thread had back around cuppy time. Someone had suggested Our Sun God, and The Golden Bough, both which make the case for what’s called “pagan continuity”, which is to say that Christianity was just the next evolutionary step in nature worship. In The Immortality Key, the author makes the case that the Mysteries at Eleusis in ancient Greece was a secretive, cult like activity where spiked, hallucinogenic wine let people “see the afterlife” and thus be granted a form of immortality. There’s a metaphoric connection that mushrooms have been shown to ease hospice patients with anxiety about dying. in the sense that a good psychedelic trip can dissolve your ego and make you feel infinitely connected to the universe, the notion that physical death is not true death makes some sense. The evidence is maybe not the most compelling, but hell, it’s from thousands of years ago. Who can really say what happened? It was interesting reading that there may have been death cult and spiked beer rituals dating back to 14,000 BC. Also I just read Ishmael so thinking about agriculture and its beginnings and its aftermath is fun. It’s floated that discovering beer and it’s psychotropic influences may have been a major instigator in agriculture. Anyway, interesting read!

Does the book directly tie the Mysteries to early Christianity? I feel like I can connect some dots, but if you have more than the typical solstice->christmas type stuff I'd be interested.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Right, this is the line of discussion that interests me more than trying to find direct or indirect connections to Satanism in the Aesthetic of Astro World.

I went to Bonnaroo a few times when I was in college, and it's not that the experience was literally a ritual performed in service to The Market/Capitalism/Western Values for all that they provide us. However, if you were going to dream up a mass ritual performed in service to those things, it would be virtually indistinguishable from Bonnaroo.

And in the same way, my question looking at screen caps of Astro World put side by side with Hieronymus Bosch paintings is "How is this distinguishable from Hell on Earth?"

Except Bosch was a hella cultist himself and the Garden is a loving commentary on the people around him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBG621XEegk

It's a Ben Garrison comic on canvas.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Nov 12, 2021

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
NORMAL SOCIETY THAT DEFINITELY ISN'T RULED BY DEVIL WORSHIPING DOMINIONISTS PEDDLING BLACK MAGIC
https://twitter.com/brainnotonyet/status/1458976983027699726

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tungsten posted:

let's settle this the proper leftist way, with a circular firing squad

Leftists have a reputation for being self destructive but are also infiltrated and dismantled at literally every level, no matter how small and powerless.

Probably unrelated.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Wasabi the J posted:

It's a Ben Garrison comic on canvas.

That was basically all he did.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Leftists have a reputation for being self destructive but are also infiltrated and dismantled at literally every level, no matter how small and powerless.

Probably unrelated.

Rightists are the same way tbh, and that's even with the state supporting them tacitly or explicitly. Night of the wrong wives.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
someone post infiltratorhandbook.txt

unrelated boy that concern trolling just keeps popping up in these high profile case threads!

If you're actually academically interested about something, look up your source and what they loving do outside of their main feed.

Clicking through follows and likes is how I find half these "dog whistles" ffs.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cameo appearance by the Canadian elite's favourite bimbo Mark Carney

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

TheGoonspiracist posted:

Just popped in because I don't know if this has ever been discussed in the thread yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUersarZuo

Hey this is insane!!! A lecture by a widely renowned, still tenured at the U of U professor, about the details of similarities between case studies of child cult abuse victims, programming, and explicit links to the cia.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/galileo/home

I smell limited hangout. What's going on here? Did some clique antic end up pissing off some other intelligence?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

someone post infiltratorhandbook.txt

tldr: schedule more meetings

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

I smell limited hangout. What's going on here? Did some clique antic end up pissing off some other intelligence?

I just started reading Avi Loeb's book yesterday and am about halfway through. He makes some pretty convincing arguments that whatever Oumuamua is, it's very likely not a naturally occurring object.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StratGoatCom posted:

quote:

After the recent release of the ODNI (Office of the Director of National Intelligence) report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP), the scientific community now needs the determination to systematically, scientifically and transparently look for potential evidence of extraterrestrial technological equipment.
Lmfao good eye Strat

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

StratGoatCom posted:

A TV producer is still buttmad his X-Files ripoff got cancelled after one season and wants to lay groundwork for a reboot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_Zabel

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmfao good eye Strat

These freaks are about arrogant enough to do something dangerously stupid and cheese off an alien species. They've forgotten what it means to deal with a peer that can destroy them, worst possible choice for dealing with aliens. edit: Good God, what have those fools done!?!

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Nov 13, 2021

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm living in Children of Men, but I would love to live in one of the last couple Expanse books. Hell yeah

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

join us in the uap thread if you aren't already there, it's a lot of fun posting. the general consensus is that all of this is soaked through with spooks through and through (always has been) but that there's something deeper going on than "psyop to get MIC money or distract from things"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

join us in the uap thread if you aren't already there, it's a lot of fun posting. the general consensus is that all of this is soaked through with spooks through and through (always has been) but that there's something deeper going on than "psyop to get MIC money or distract from things"

yeah come and birdwatch with us, it's a great time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Wasabi the J posted:

You are not ready:

https://www.academia.edu/35152712

Also, that author is an esoteric scholar that wrote an interesting looking book:

Foucault's Pendulum starting to look like a documentary

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

every day I get closer and closer to understanding that Borges was god and Eco his prophet

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Probably unrelated.

the attempted joke was that i was saying what a cia plant would say but too directly, thereby problematizing it

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

Hooplah posted:

Does the book directly tie the Mysteries to early Christianity? I feel like I can connect some dots, but if you have more than the typical solstice->christmas type stuff I'd be interested.

The author is a Classics scholar who speaks a bunch of languages and gets very into the weeds about lots of stuff that was over my head. He talks to archeological chemists, and religious scholars, art historians and even gets into the Vatican archives, so if you’re interested in this stuff it’s definitely worth a read. It was definitely more in depth than solstice stuff, but I don’t know how common the notion that Dionysus was possibly a precursor to Jesus is. I think the connections are still tenuous, but definitely worth exploring.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Right, this is the line of discussion that interests me more than trying to find direct or indirect connections to Satanism in the Aesthetic of Astro World.

I went to Bonnaroo a few times when I was in college, and it's not that the experience was literally a ritual performed in service to The Market/Capitalism/Western Values for all that they provide us. However, if you were going to dream up a mass ritual performed in service to those things, it would be virtually indistinguishable from Bonnaroo.

And how would you characterize Burning Man? A Silicon Valley Wicker Man revival?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Bilirubin posted:

And how would you characterize Burning Man? A Silicon Valley Wicker Man revival?

open source bohemian grove

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Hey this is insane!!! A lecture by a widely renowned, still tenured at the U of U professor, about the details of similarities between case studies of child cult abuse victims, programming, and explicit links to the cia.

I met the chick from the Many Sides of Jane show that was on A&E at one point. It was weird, because I had already done a bunch of research on this stuff, and had to mentally take note to not say anything that would cause a switch.

It's a nice crack ping when you realize that parts of the abuse patterning is just built into so much of society at this point.

Think about what happens when you can cause ptsd across wide swaths of the population at once and use that as a trigger for something years in the future.

Just scale up all the bs DSM-v psych stuff to 100k people at once and you get the tiktok hellscape we live in now.

TheGoonspiracist has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Nov 13, 2021

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

mark immune posted:

:vince:

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Here's the old prime time clip that might sit a bit different 30 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxdxXVx2wdk

It's pretty much all trauma conditioning on all sides. Whether satanic or not.

Add the internet and the trance formation becomes a real thing. Lol.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3403158/

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Bilirubin posted:

I have this same thought at least once a day lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

every day I get closer and closer to understanding that Borges was god and Eco his prophet

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That doesn't look like a well cited or referenced work.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 13:30 on Nov 13, 2021

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

TheGoonspiracist posted:

Think about what happens when you can cause ptsd across wide swaths of the population at once and use that as a trigger for something years in the future.

I've wondered if part of the qanon op's success is because victims of child sexual abuse are more likely to be radicalized by a narrative of an elite pedo conspiracy that is conveniently polarized across the political spectrum. But I never imagined it from this angle, or at this scale.

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Nov 13, 2021

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

The Sausages posted:

I've wondered if part of the qanon op's success is because victims of child sexual abuse are more likely to be radicalized by a narrative of an elite pedo conspiracy that is conveniently polarized across the political spectrum. But I never imagined it from this angle, or at this scale.

I doubt this was preplanned, but some kind of political op exploiting the high rate of child abuse? A natural thought, if you're a psychopath.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

StratGoatCom posted:

I doubt this was preplanned, but some kind of political op exploiting the high rate of child abuse? A natural thought, if you're a psychopath.

maybe related, reminds me of this editorial about abuse rates in Minnesota from last year

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2020/07/protect-our-kids-from-betsy-devos/

e:
"There are 56.5 million K-12 students in the U.S. And 25% of that number is a shocking 14,1 million children who are likely to be sexually abused or harassed during their K-12 experience."

expand those numbers over decades and apply it to a system where mob mentality replaces pro-democracy opposition

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 15:09 on Nov 13, 2021

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Zabel co-authored with Richard Dolan the book A.D. (After Disclosure) 2012, which concerns the subject of an extraterrestrial presence on Earth covertly interacting with humans and governments and what develops when this fact is made public.

Dolan is a credulous, but generally well regarded in the community, UFO/UAP researcher. His approach is to as fully as possible separate the "facts" of a case as reported and his personal opinions, which makes him better than the majority, and he focuses on what is reported rather than giving too much weight to anonymous sources. He strikes me as a true believer, through and through.

Dr. Steven Greer and the entirety of the To the Stars Academy crew, with the possible exception of money man Tom DeLong, though, are absofuckinglutely spooks and frauds.

What happened with Horatio Sanz? I heard about the some if the parties he and Fallon had in their SNL days with underage girls but nothing recently or anything Satan related.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Mameluke posted:

I'm living in Children of Men, but I would love to live in one of the last couple Expanse books. Hell yeah

then youre still on mars cause you cant afford passage and the laconians dont even care youre an og martian

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

richard dolan is a street level hustler who happened to be born with the right gender and ethnicity to get hired answering phones for the MIC. he leveraged this job into a fully constructed insider mythos talking head persona. now her gets to run with other high level white grifters like catherine austin fitts, the skys the limit get it its a pun

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

mark immune posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What are the odds that this is a limited hangout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3X7AuSUHck

Gotta be 100%, right?

EDIT: this is the guy that Tony Goldwyn is going to be playing

quote:

The FBI subsequently requested a panel from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) to review its scientific work on the case.[14] On May 15, 2011, the panel released its findings, which "conclude[d] that the bureau overstated the strength of genetic analysis linking the mailed anthrax to a supply kept by Bruce E. Ivins."[11][15] The NAS committee stated that its primary finding was that "it is not possible to reach a definitive conclusion about the origins of the B. anthracis in the mailings based on the available scientific evidence alone."

lol lmao

in the meantime:

https://twitter.com/FluorescentGrey/status/1447626819562209281

quote:

In 2004, [Steven] Hatfill filed lawsuits against several periodicals and journalists who had identified him as a figure warranting further investigation in the anthrax attacks. He sued the New York Times Company and New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof for defamation, defamation per se, and intentional infliction of emotional distress in connection with five of Kristof's columns in 2002. The courts dismissed this suit, finding that Hatfill was a limited purpose public figure.[4][5][6] In 2007, Hatfill settled a similar libel lawsuit against Vanity Fair and Reader's Digest for an undisclosed amount, after both magazines agreed to formally retract any implication that Hatfill was involved in the anthrax mailings.[7]
[1:25 PM]

well shucks who was this Steven Hatfill guy who was apparently completely exonerated once all blame was shifted to Bruce Ivins?

quote:

Hatfill was enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army from 1975 to 1977.[12] (In 1999, during an interview with a journalist, he claimed to have been a "captain in the U.S. Special Forces", but a subsequent investigation revealed that, according to the Army, he had never served with the Special Forces.[13]) Following his Army discharge, Hatfill qualified and worked as a medical laboratory technician, but soon resolved to become a doctor. He worked as a medical missionary in Kapanga, Zaire under a mentor, Dr. Glenn Eschtruth, who was murdered there in 1977. A brief marriage, from 1976 to 1978, to Dr. Eschtruth's daughter, Caroline Rush Eschtruth, produced one daughter.

In 1978, Hatfill settled in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and entered the Godfrey Huggins Medical School[14] at the University of Rhodesia in Salisbury (now Harare). (His claimed military associations during this period included assistance as a medic with the Selous Scouts and membership in the Rhodesian SAS

In 1988, he completed a master's degree in microbiology at the University of Cape Town.

Back in the United States, another of Hatfill's post-doctoral appointments commenced at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), one of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, in 1995. He then worked in 1997 to 1999 as a civilian researcher at the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), the U.S. Department of Defense's medical research institute for biological warfare (BW) defense at Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland. There, he studied, under a National Research Council fellowship, new drug treatments for the Ebola virus and became an authority on BW defense.

In January 1999 Hatfill transferred to a "consulting job" at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), which has a "sprawling campus" in nearby McLean, Virginia. The corporation did work for a multitude of federal agencies. Many projects were classified. Hatfill designed BW defense training curricula for government agencies.

Hatfill later went to work at Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. In September 2001, SAIC was commissioned by the Pentagon to create a replica of a mobile WMD "laboratory", alleged to have been used by Saddam Hussein, then President of Iraq. The Pentagon said the trailer was to be used as a training aid for teams seeking weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.[33]

FBI Director Robert Mueller changed leadership of the investigation in late 2006, and at that time another suspect, USAMRIID bacteriologist Bruce Ivins, became the main focus of the investigation.[37] Considerable questions were raised about the credibility of the case against Ivins also.[38]

In 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, Hatfill was interviewed on several right-wing media outlets including Stephen Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic,[70] The Epoch Times, and Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson.[71] He criticized the U.S. response to the pandemic, particularly the exclusion of hydroxychloroquine for early treatment of COVID-19, making unproven claims that the low fatality rate experienced by some nations is the result of their early use of the drug.[72]

In February 2020 Hatfill became an unpaid "volunteer" advisor to White House trade director Peter Navarro on the subject of the coronavirus pandemic. He interacted directly with senior officials at the Department of Health and Human Services, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the White House, and he represented the administration in dealings with health care companies. Early in the pandemic he urged Navarro to quickly acquire tests and supplies, although he said such supplies should come only from U.S. sources. In an email to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows he said the president was being "grossly misadvised" by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, and recommended that the virus should be fought by widespread proactive administration of hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug which the FDA had declared ineffective and potentially harmful to use for coronavirus.[11][73] He repeatedly criticized Anthony Fauci and FDA commissioner Steven Hahn, at one point telling Fauci that he was "full of crap". Although the two were not removed from the task force as he urged, they were increasingly sidelined by Donald Trump.[11]

Following the election, Hatfill became an active participant in Trump's efforts to overturn the election results, flying to Arizona to help challenge its election results, writing proposals for "Trump's Legal Fight", and sharing anti-Biden rumors.[11]

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Nov 14, 2021