Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

shy boy from chess club posted:

Spending the first weekend together tomorrow and I still can't believe how lucky I am. I seriously thought I'd never meet anyone that would make me feel this way ever again. I'm so happy :3:

This is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You kids and your "music" these days...

https://twitter.com/BrassAgainst/status/1459318939926814723

Sophia, the lead singer, dropped trousers and pissed all over a guy's face while performing.

That's getting back to some GG Allin poo poo...

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 13, 2021

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Back in the 80s, either Trooper or Cheap Trick (I think Trooper), someone in the band did that at a local gig while they were performing. IIRC the guy (pisser, not pisee) got charged with assault.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
And here I thought “I’d drink a gallon of her pee just to see where it came from” was just a saying…

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

shy boy from chess club posted:

Spending the first weekend together tomorrow and I still can't believe how lucky I am. I seriously thought I'd never meet anyone that would make me feel this way ever again. I'm so happy :3:

New Relationship Energy is a powerful drug. I'm getting a dose of it now and it takes some control not to text every thought all day.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

StormDrain posted:

New Relationship Energy is a powerful drug. I'm getting a dose of it now and it takes some control not to text every thought all day.

For real. I'm coming down nice and easy from a hit two months ago, almost had me quitting my job, selling my poo poo and moving to Alaska for them. Not like they even asked me to, naturally. And I'm being hyperbolic... I wouldn't have sold the house that quick.

But poo poo man, while I'm happy for you OP, doesn't hurt to explore your feelings, ask yourselves why you feel the way you feel, and communicate to make sure you're on the same page. Be well!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I ordered a bunch of clothes because a national store here had a huge sale on top of a sale and i could use a coupon on top. ended up getting the tall size t-shirts i wear for $15 each which is awesome.

Anyways, i ordered 14 items, and they split them into 9 different shipments. some things i ordered two of are each coming in a different shipment.

This is even beyond rockauto levels of fuckery.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

meatpimp posted:

You kids and your "music" these days...

https://twitter.com/BrassAgainst/status/1459318939926814723

Sophia, the lead singer, dropped trousers and pissed all over a guy's face while performing.

That's getting back to some GG Allin poo poo...

The hilarious thing is instead of just owning it they've posted that and so many music mags and such are reposting their apologies like this one incident isn't the most interesting thing a fuckin' brass band that badly covers mostly Rage has ever done.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I know I chose the right wall color because it complements Rosie's eyes.

My girlfriend's moving into my house this weekend, while I'm still stranded in Guam, MAN am I having a weird year.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Elviscat posted:

I know I chose the right wall color because it complements Rosie's eyes.

My girlfriend's moving into my house this weekend, while I'm still stranded in Guam, MAN am I having a weird year.

cats am good

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

StormDrain posted:

Oh right on! Congrats man! Yea we telegram all day except when sleeping. He works third so it's not completely out of control, ha. I hate talking on the phone but we did for 6 hours the other day. Powerful drug indeed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

A bit late to the coffee chat since I’m on vacation and not keeping up here, but…

This trip has turned out really expensive for coffee between myself and my college buddy that’s with us:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Picked it up today! This thing is like riding a light cycle.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

opengl128 posted:

fantastic.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

opengl128 posted:

I got out of bikes as electrics were starting to hit the market, was really close to buying one for a while. I imagine they're even better now. Enjoy and you should do a write-up of your thoughts.

Nice weekend overall...put some more miles on the E28, messed around with the no-start possible timing issue on the Locost and went to take the Fiat for a spin and it wouldn't start.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Awesome!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Started to work on my air compressor aftercooler Sunday when the wife came out and said the main bathroom toiled wasn’t wanting to drain, and no amount of plugging was working.
She was right. My 25’ drain snake didn’t work either, so, well, poo poo. The bath seems to drain OK but there nothing flowing past the clean out at the exit from under the house, so I don’t know where that water is going and it worries me.
Some of you may recall I had half my drains replaced in 2020 at great expense. This is the other half, of course.
I really hoped that it would hold on another couple years, at *least* until I paid off the loan for the first half, but nope, gently caress you, house things. Probably. Plumber is coming to look at it on Tuesday.
My wallet is already whining in anticipation.

I hate that my house keeps costing me $$$ in stuff no one can see, like plumbing, AC, and roof, while I have no flooring in half the house and cracks in the walls.
Also, it’s eating into my car funds.

I’d sell the damned thing if I thought I could find another one at a reasonable price. Probably just find a new flavor of poo poo sandwich, though, in all reality.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Even with a new house it is a poo poo sandwich as you are dealing with lowest quality everything the builder could get away with. Had to replace some of the door knobs as they were the cheapest Home Depot ones and the mechanism inside for the latch just stripped after a few weeks of use.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Advent Horizon posted:

A bit late to the coffee chat since I’m on vacation and not keeping up here, but…

This trip has turned out really expensive for coffee between myself and my college buddy that’s with us:

We did the same when we were in Kona in 2017. $350 in coffee, in it's own insulated pelican case, got shipped home with the wife.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Possibly controversial opinion: One of the best coffees you can buy in Hawai'i (and only in Hawai'i) is the Starbucks Kona varietal.

It's stupid good, and I always bring some back. Hell, I'd pay you to ship me a bag if you're willing. Either way, go get it. It's good.

Do not buy it on Amazon, somebody is making a fuckload of money. $50/bag. Yeesh.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

sharkytm posted:

got shipped home with the wife.

Harsh, can’t even spring for an economy seat?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i'd be worried about the beans getting old before i could drink all of that

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

BraveUlysses posted:

We gifted much of it.

BigPaddy posted:

Harsh, can’t even spring for an economy seat?
LOL. I wasn't going home for 21 more days... Research cruise on the sister ship to the Northwestern of Deadliest Catch fame.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

Advent Horizon posted:

Nice! Did you get to try the bourban barrel aged coffee? Ridiculously expensive, but pretty drat good (I bought some as a gift for the gf, knowing I'll get to drink about half of it myself anyway). Also, is that one of the Hanalei Bay Villas?

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

We’re sitting in the Lihue airport and a police chase started right in front of us. A drunk woman came to pick someone up and then tried to run. The cops ended up blocking all the roads (glad we got here early!) and she got into the parking lot. They were cruising the lot like Pan Man ghosts while she sped around trying to get out; I saw her hit at least one fence.

She must have escaped because SHE CAME BACK to pick up her passenger. She tried playing cool but the road was crawling with cops and we saw her in handcuffs.

Krakkles posted:

Possibly controversial opinion: One of the best coffees you can buy in Hawai'i (and only in Hawai'i) is the Starbucks Kona varietal.

It's stupid good, and I always bring some back. Hell, I'd pay you to ship me a bag if you're willing. Either way, go get it. It's good.

Well, crap, I’m at the airport now and just saw this. Sorry!

BraveUlysses posted:

Vacuum seal and freeze.

A Small Car posted:

Nice! Did you get to try the bourban barrel aged coffee? Ridiculously expensive, but pretty drat good (I bought some as a gift for the gf, knowing I'll get to drink about half of it myself anyway). Also, is that one of the Hanalei Bay Villas?

We did taste it and it was gooood. Didn’t buy any, though. I was mostly after DD coffee and my friend bought most of the varieties you see above. It’s actually rum barrels from Koloa Rum and the reason I didn’t get any was it tasted a lot like rum to me - not great for work.

The house is a place along Moloa’a Creek, right across the street from the beach.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

Advent Horizon posted:

We did taste it and it was gooood. Didn’t buy any, though. I was mostly after DD coffee and my friend bought most of the varieties you see above. It’s actually rum barrels from Koloa Rum and the reason I didn’t get any was it tasted a lot like rum to me - not great for work.

The house is a place along Moloa’a Creek, right across the street from the beach.

That will teach me to not trust my memory (and I was just there yesterday!). It is indeed rum barrels, and I'm an idiot.

That's a nice area of the island, and it sounds like you got quite the exciting send off!

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Oh snap, another goon on the island? Shoot, we could have done a goon meet. With rum. And coffee.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Part of Alberta has reached warp speed.

That's a stationary highway camera.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It was a little sporty last night. We had130k gusts.

There is someone building a new house a couple blocks away from me and they just started framing the other day.. and I saw a lift of 4x8 sheeting unsecured there on my way home last night. I am morbidly curious to see what it is like this AM. Added points, there is a newly built house just downwind from it that I totally expect to see battered and bruised.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

It was a little sporty last night. We had130k gusts.

There is someone building a new house a couple blocks away from me and they just started framing the other day.. and I saw a lift of 4x8 sheeting unsecured there on my way home last night. I am morbidly curious to see what it is like this AM. Added points, there is a newly built house just downwind from it that I totally expect to see battered and bruised.

Cue the insurance fight! Around here, there's a mandatory wind deductible that screws everyone over. And my insurance company won't cover damaged trees unless they're on the ground... So the widowmakers hanging are coming out of my pocket.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Can’t say I am missing winters in the north. My reward for surviving summer here is 80s every day for the next 5 months.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
My sweet baby cat Cheesecake is getting xrays and fluids. The little bastard has been gettin in the trash and now he's vomiting. Send some good vibes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I am generally anti-establishment and anti-boughie. My girl just signed up for ski club today, so her two sports are crew and ski club. I'm so conflicted.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

meatpimp posted:

I am generally anti-establishment and anti-boughie. My girl just signed up for ski club today, so her two sports are crew and ski club. I'm so conflicted.

We all become what we hate

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
drat kids these days rebelling by getting into upper-class extra curriculars. Why can't she start a punk band with her loser friends?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain posted:

My sweet baby cat Cheesecake is getting xrays and fluids. The little bastard has been gettin in the trash and now he's vomiting. Send some good vibes.

No obstruction shown on xray, he got anti nausea medicine and a fluid injection. I just made some rice as the vet wants me to give him bland diet of chicken and rice.

Now I'm on cat watch!

Here's a pic from last week with his black brother Binx. Cheesecake is the blond tabby.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Good vibes going to kitty. Hope it's nothing serious!

sharkytm posted:

Cue the insurance fight! Around here, there's a mandatory wind deductible that screws everyone over. And my insurance company won't cover damaged trees unless they're on the ground... So the widowmakers hanging are coming out of my pocket.
Yeah, I'm going to be leaving shortly. I'll take a good look. I can't imagine the sheeting didn't go for a ride and maybe knock down their framing. It was howling.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

No obstruction shown on xray, he got anti nausea medicine and a fluid injection. I just made some rice as the vet wants me to give him bland diet of chicken and rice.

Now I'm on cat watch!

Here's a pic from last week with his black brother Binx. Cheesecake is the blond tabby.

Those are some fuckin nice kitties right there. I hope he feels better and stops eating garbage.

I bid on another stupid shitbox even though I've been too sick to fix the ones I've got.

It was mysteriously bid exactly up to my max bid which was still shy of the reserve. Feels a little like fuckery. The offer now goes to the owner, and i can't imagine they'll stick to the reserve over $150 on a sub-$1000 car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

So we worked in the garage together and it went great. Did a wheel bearing on his friends car and of course half the race got stuck on the hub. Spent an hour getting that off then we promptly lost it. So stuff was not going well but still had fun doing it with him so things are looking good. Also made pizza, played in VRC, went pants shopping and had a super gay old time.

All he has to pass is the road trip test and I'm calling him a keeper