Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.

Bonaventure posted:

found Matthew Gault's account

I don't get paid enough to have a podcast.

fuctifino posted:

How much mouth semen is considered enough to be an acceptable memorial for a recently deceased loved one?

A good memorial should have enough people to cover for those that are too broken up to get hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Basic Poster posted:

I also feel pretty icky that how it all went down very probably had something to do with his death. He wasn't great..I get it. But I wish we could take a lesson about how we did dog pile the poo poo out of him and maybe could have done better.

nope, if someone fucks up that mistake defines them forever and everyone is entitled to heap scorn on them and be as nasty as they like

realizing flawed people are not human and opening the floodgates to your ugliest impulses towards them is a cornerstone of mental health and self love

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

You haven’t aged since 2001 and I’m scurred. Have you considered making songs about things like eating breakfast at McDonalds? Can’t believe you are still alive and somehow immortal. Are you a highlander? Are you going to Tax’s funeral to represent the interwebs?

Peggy Edson posted:

Lol just loving lmao at all the fail posters coming out of the woodwork that haven't been here since 2006
Fail is kinda mean. Some are here to give a nice deceased person a proper eulogy and share the ways this noble fish touched their hearts. I say we offer Screamy to the sacred flame and play Amon Amarth. Odin would be proud. We will never forget you Screamy!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
thank you for this thread mr. lowtax

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I think the best thing about SA is that the community was always screamingly funny but lowtax was always actively unfunny anyway lol lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Novo posted:

nope, if someone fucks up that mistake defines them forever and everyone is entitled to heap scorn on them and be as nasty as they like

realizing flawed people are not human and opening the floodgates to your ugliest impulses towards them is a cornerstone of mental health and self love

Helluva time to play the moral scold card there, buddy.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Do u think they have Mangosteen in the afterlife?

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I know they do

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
keyboard goop guy plz make a cameo appearance

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

I think the best thing about SA is that the community was always screamingly funny but lowtax was always actively unfunny anyway lol lmao

Still waiting for my Garfield joke

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The most shocking and depressing thing I've learned in this thread is the sheer number of goons who are so fresh food averse they think the goddamn fruit is called a mangosteen.

Truly hosed up

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lowtax sowing: It's fun enabling cyberbullying on the internet!

Lowtax reaping: Oh noes the goons cyberbullied me to death!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Joe Bogan posted:

The most shocking and depressing thing I've learned in this thread is the sheer number of goons who are so fresh food averse they think the goddamn fruit is called a mangosteen.

Truly hosed up

what's it called then?

also lol

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

DogsInSpace! posted:

You haven’t aged since 2001 and I’m scurred. Have you considered making songs about things like eating breakfast at McDonalds? Can’t believe you are still alive and somehow immortal. Are you a highlander? Are you going to Tax’s funeral to represent the interwebs?
Aww, thanks. Ive lost quite a bit of weight, so i do feel like im aging in reverse a bit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Novo posted:

There isn't really any meaningful nuance to "he beat women and scammed money from others". Neither of those things is an "oopsie my bad sorry" worthy of defense.

Also lmao at :qq: people are flawed :qq: as if that isn't always a flimsy rear end excuse to never change yourself for the better.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Joe Bogan posted:

Truly hosed up

You typically refer to a fruit by the name of the tree. You don't go around talking about apple fruit.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

For me, nothing of value was lost. I can't mourn someone who killed himself in an act of vengeance against his own family, no matter what good he may have started out with.

But I can extend my sympathy to those he left behind, because grief is hard, especially if you have to grieve over a bastard like that, the callous stupidity of an act that you can never get over, the answers that will never come, the anger you can only vent at the air because he took that away from you and the love and the loss that will swing you back and forth across this grief for years.

I have lost far better people than Lowtax to suicide and death and my sadness and anger still swings me back and forth for them too. I hope his children take solace in knowing he can never hurt or use them against their mothers again, they are their own selves and not because of him and do not have to shoulder any legacy of his.

And speaking of legacies, Lowtax started this website, but SA grew far beyond him years ago and he was figuratively already dead by the time he signed it away. We are the lucky ones, we get to be free, but his family do not, remember that.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Lux Animus posted:

it's about mouth capacity - to each according to their load

if you meet lowtax in the load

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Joe Bogan posted:

Truly hosed up

are you conflating mangos and mangosteens? lol

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

what's it called then?

also lol

A Mango.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Is there an actual obituary yet?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

loddite posted:

Is it weird that I'm thinking of posting regularly on SA now because I don't get enough people disrespecting me as a matter of course in my life?

Everyone I hang out with is too nice tbh. Sometimes I crave being told I'm boring. It's a nice change of pace. Makes me feel like I can trust you.

SA's cool and good these days at least in part cuz the people here are generally nice (well in most of the forums anyway) but also not afraid to call you out if something you say is dumb bullshit, yeah

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Hello buffoon goon

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

are you conflating mangos and mangosteens? lol

gently caress I'll never live this down. Only one way out

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Lol you idiot

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

There isn't really any meaningful nuance to "he beat women and scammed money from others". Neither of those things is an "oopsie my bad sorry" worthy of defense.

Also lmao at :qq: people are flawed :qq: as if that isn't always a flimsy rear end excuse to never change yourself for the better.

no lowtax definitely had a lot of self improvement to do

i was more getting at this need some people have to perceive the community or its founder as all good or all bad, by focusing on examples of terrible things each has done

it doesn't cancel out the wonderful things the community and its founder have also done. i don't think its healthy to look at the world in black and white. you can be nostalgic for things you loved about old SA without also thinking slurs are funny, for example

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If a mangosteen and a mango are the same thing are a mango and a man the same thing too

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

CornHolio posted:

Is there an actual obituary yet?

They had to scrap it and start over after page 200.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

dogg i would suggest a cursory internet search

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I can't believe the forums managed to outlive him. RIP in piss

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Joe Bogan posted:

gently caress I'll never live this down. Only one way out, another life lost to mangosteen related cyber bullying.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Novo posted:

that mistake defines them

Oops I mistakenly did a widdle fucky-wucky ladyhitting sowwy uwu

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I wonder if Lowtax remembered the time he livestreamed banning people here 1 hour before he banned himself irl

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

E_Motion posted:

Wouldnt be the first Chiefs player to shoot himself

The way the Chiefs are playing this year, may not be the last

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Because of the “PC brigade” I’m “no longer welcome” at my local carls jr just because I complimented the cashiers “massive bazookas”

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ZentraediElite posted:

They had to scrap it and start over after page 200.

It's been the same page for 259 pages. It's like it wont end, ever

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Novo posted:

no lowtax definitely had a lot of self improvement to do

i was more getting at this need some people have to perceive the community or its founder as all good or all bad, by focusing on examples of terrible things each has done

it doesn't cancel out the wonderful things the community and its founder have also done. i don't think its healthy to look at the world in black and white. you can be nostalgic for things you loved about old SA without also thinking slurs are funny, for example

So, what you're saying is "the truth is somewhere in the middle?" Or it more "in conclusion, SA is truly a land of contrasts?"

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangosteen

Wikipedia posted:

Not to be confused with mango.

I was confused as well.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
speaking of weird exotic fruit i found some rambutans in a walmart once. no idea how that happened. what chain of events led to those things ending up in the walmart fruit aisle.

my favorite band when i was an obstreperous teen was called Curve. they had an album cover that was a macro shot of a rambutan.

thanks for listening to my TED talk. rest in piss lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

Shame Boy posted:

Oops I mistakenly did a widdle fucky-wucky ladyhitting sowwy uwu

yes i get it. but if we supposedly believe people can improve themselves then in the context of a human life that is indeed a mistake, right? like, why do we tell people to go to therapy or seek help if we think that when they gently caress up or are hosed up that just means they're totally hosed?