Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Two Tone Shoes posted:

King stepping up to stall is actually pretty loving ballsy. Dude knows he's dead as soon as anyone tries to kill him but he's still making a distraction.

This is why i love this manga and why mumen rider and king are the goats - they just do the right thing even though 1. they know its dangerous 2. in kings case he really doesnt even want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TheLoneStar posted:

Characters overanalyzing and freaking themselves out over the simplest of King's comments will never get old to me.

It is genuinely my favorite bit in the manga. This was a great chapter.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Jerkface posted:

This is why i love this manga and why mumen rider and king are the goats - they just do the right thing even though 1. they know its dangerous 2. in kings case he really doesnt even want to
I would almost include Genos too. Obviously way different power level, but he regularly gets trashed but is always stepping in to help. Most recently to Tatsumaki who is frankly rude to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is why us webcomic readers have been antsy for years now. It was all so loving worth it. I lvoe you king

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

pik_d posted:

Here's the previous chapter redraw translation

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/IL7o4yc/1/1/

Thanks so much for posting this!

The latest chapter was amazing! But the whole process is so confounding to me. Like, they released chapter 151, and then, I guess, ONE decided "oh wait, we need Evil Natural Water to come back!"

Honestly, following this story in real time is so bizarre, but I really love it. I don't know if there has been another story like this, where people get to follow the live updates and where the narrative is tweaked and refined in real time, and the different versions (anime, manga, webcomic) add unique layers to the overall lore.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I assume that move is based on collapsing star cannon. That the other heroes saw collapsing star cannon during the Boros arc and assumed that must be one of King's special attacks.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
gently caress yeah I think we're finally going to see King go wild. The whole gag about him being weak has been funny but I've been patiently waiting for him to show his true power.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
As webcomic readers no doubt already know, the moment when King finally fires the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon is the fireworks factory

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah, the moment when King transforms and turns out to actually be the strongest is so cool. Then when he fights Saitama for real instead of in a videogame is just the *chefs kiss* cherry on top

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Fritzler posted:

I would almost include Genos too. Obviously way different power level, but he regularly gets trashed but is always stepping in to help. Most recently to Tatsumaki who is frankly rude to him.

actually after the last few chapters I ship Tatsumaki x Genos

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
blood sugar levels are very important

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

AnonSpore posted:

As webcomic readers no doubt already know, the moment when King finally fires the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon is the fireworks factory

i mean i have a personal fireworks factory coming up. a number of them. but god yes this whole sequence too is amazing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Gologle posted:

actually after the last few chapters I ship Tatsumaki x Genos

Genos is 19 years old and Tatsumaki is 28.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Tatsumaki looks and acts like she's 10 so it evens out

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

aegof posted:

Tatsumaki looks and acts like she's 10 so it evens out

Is that really the logic you're gonna go with?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Is that really the logic you're gonna go with?

No, it was just an easy joke.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
when in doubt, add more sperm

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

aegof posted:

is that so

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kuvo posted:

blood sugar levels are very important

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

aegof posted:

So is Genos tbf

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

K I N G

It's just the perfect gag. It doesn't get old and every time is as good as the first.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The fact the chapter starts with but these guys are different, they're invigorated and enthusiastic about facing King! only to immediately lead to them starting to second-guess themselves and convince themselves King is toying with them is just fantastic stuff :allears:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
gently caress yes, been waiting years for this.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It's here! We're at the fireworks factory!!! :allears:

Black Sperm misinterpreting why Evil Natural Water was not attacking King was glorious. Perfection :discourse:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I want to give some respect to Child Emperor too, even though he doesn't have much to offer in the fight at this point I love that he's constantly trying to come up with strategies. I even like his little lady bug comms system!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

skaianDestiny posted:

??? so?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the fireworks factory. Please follow all instructions given by our senior tour guide, King.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

skaianDestiny posted:

So they're both adults?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's best to just drop the topic of tatsumaki's love life. it can't possibly go anywhere good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's best to just drop the topic of tatsumaki's love life. it can't possibly go anywhere good.

Absolutely, but I'm just kinda marveling at the oddest possible objection to the subject.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Did anything important happen this time

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm not a webcomic reader, but it seems like Yes.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
As far I can remember the series has not shown a single romantic relationship. And maybe only 3 characters who have ever expressed even an inclination to having romantic desires: the female Whip monster, Puri Puri Prisoner, and that one sword disciple. None of the cases are examples of healthy feelings...

Edit: oh, also Suiryu and young Bang seemed to want to hit on ladies...

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 15, 2021

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Bucswabe posted:

As far I can remember the series has not shown a single romantic relationship.

saitama and king????

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jsoh posted:

saitama and king????

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. We've already seen that King is in a committed relationship with the Doki Doki Sisters.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So they're both adults?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Absolutely, but I'm just kinda marveling at the oddest possible objection to the subject.

Saying a 19 year old girl who recently graduated high school and a 28 year old man who may be solidly in his career of choice have the same level of maturity is absurd. This would apply regardless of gender.

The circumstances for Genos and Tatsumaki are of course very different, but there is an age gap in terms of life experience that makes it just as skeevy as pairing Genos (19) with Lily (14). Focusing on them both being "legal age" misses the point of why an age gap can be a red flag.

And yeah, OPM isn't really a shipping series (ONE in general doesn't seem to have much a focus on shippy romantic stuff).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

skaianDestiny posted:

Saying a 19 year old girl who recently graduated high school and a 28 year old man who may be solidly in his career of choice have the same level of maturity is absurd. This would apply regardless of gender.

Yes but this is anime/manga we're talking about, a genre that gave us the "it's OK, she's actually a 1000 year old dragon" argument and a truckload of stories that are about creepy teacher-student relationships.

I'm grading on a pretty steep curve here.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 15, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatsumaki will go right back to cratering Genos in a wall in 16 chapters/11 years anyway, so I don't think you really need to worry about the hypotheticals of them dating that much.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
genos is also a fighting robot with no human body. who never went to school. he has no emotions except wanting to strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

skaianDestiny posted:

The circumstances for Genos and Tatsumaki are of course very different, but there is an age gap in terms of life experience that makes it just as skeevy as pairing Genos (19) with Lily (14). Focusing on them both being "legal age" misses the point of why an age gap can be a red flag.

And yeah, OPM isn't really a shipping series (ONE in general doesn't seem to have much a focus on shippy romantic stuff).

There is no prerequisite requirement to make sure both adults have the same "level of maturity" beforehand afaik. They only need to be adults