Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And NOT fill out that info box??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Wait, when did the name of the La Luna abnormality change? Looks like it's 'Il Pianto della Luna' now?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

dervival posted:

Wait, when did the name of the La Luna abnormality change? Looks like it's 'Il Pianto della Luna' now?

It and a couple other abnormalities changed names when the translation was redone into something competent. They updated a few of the abnormality names to better match the original text. See also: Big and Will Be Bad Wolf, etc

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

TeeQueue posted:

It and a couple other abnormalities changed names when the translation was redone into something competent. They updated a few of the abnormality names to better match the original text. See also: Big and Will Be Bad Wolf, etc

nah they changed la luna in particular again 6 days ago with the added localizations

she is now

CATHOLIC

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

This game is so neat.

Are there any mods to make text or parts of the UI bigger or anything? I have trouble seeing parts of it.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh okay so I can just… DO THAT with key pages now. I see that the game has decided that I am ready for more complexity. :stonklol:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Crasical posted:

Oh okay so I can just… DO THAT with key pages now. I see that the game has decided that I am ready for more complexity. :stonklol:
Ah, you're out of the tutorial and can now attribute pages to each other? Yes, you can make some absolutely BUSTED builds with passive attribution. This is also the point in the game where you should start religiously doing the general receptions as soon as they become available since they give you some very strong tools to play around with - the Urban Plague receptions (Workshop-Affiliated Fixers and Jeong's Office) both have some absolutely phenomenal passives that you'll really, really want to make use of. Workshops have a passive that gives you +1 strength if all allies are alive (very useful for general use) and by attributing Mika and Hanafuda to Olga's page you have the beginnings of a very powerful Discard archetype user.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 10, 2021

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Very much enjoying this mysterious and compelling game. I just got to day 25 and why did that robot have guts in it :cry:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Do brain meats count as guts or is that just the stuff in the torso

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Crasical posted:

Do brain meats count as guts or is that just the stuff in the torso

It is the guts of your head.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Sotc: Distorted Yan down through the clever expedients of "keep trying" and "get five copies of Duel". Looks like just Xiao to go this tier. Not sure how useful the Yan bits will be against her, but I don't really understand Yan yet, so.

At least purple tear is kinda fun to farm once you do the drudgery of slapping together some basic alt floors, lol.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sotc: Distorted Yan down through the clever expedients of "keep trying" and "get five copies of Duel". Looks like just Xiao to go this tier. Not sure how useful the Yan bits will be against her, but I don't really understand Yan yet, so.

At least purple tear is kinda fun to farm once you do the drudgery of slapping together some basic alt floors, lol.

The main thing to know about the new cards you've gotten is that Will of the City is one of the best cards in the game and frees you from the tyranny of Singleton, and the gibberish keypage itself is an amazing support page with a very good mass attack (though I personally just attribute it to Nikolai to create the ultimate support unit). With the exception of Will and the exclusive pages the rest are a selection of bad to situational - Ominous Power is a standout because it enables some absolutely disgusting Blockma shenanigans when you run three of it with three of the draw card you get off Xiao - you use one ominous power to fuel one Bi An, then Bi An immediately draws them both back into your hand so you functionally have infinite light and cards.

To make a good Yan deck, just make a standard Singleton build and add in Will of the City, Distorted Blade, Lock and Baleful Brand.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 12, 2021

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Blind Faith is also pretty good imo. Very strong against mass attacks and in power null, which are becoming increasingly a thing at this point in the game. Even outside that the rolls are fine for a net 2 light cost card.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arcvasti posted:

and in power null
gently caress! I never worked out how to use Blind Faith properly and now it seems so obvious. Oh man, being able to throw out three 8-10 rolls would have made Keter realization so much easier than how I did it (Overcharge + Twelve Fixers).

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreyjoyBastard posted:

God the music in that fight kicks rear end.

GilliamYaeger posted:

The main thing to know about the new cards you've gotten is that Will of the City is one of the best cards in the game and frees you from the tyranny of Singleton, and the gibberish keypage itself is an amazing support page with a very good mass attack (though I personally just attribute it to Nikolai to create the ultimate support unit). With the exception of Will and the exclusive pages the rest are a selection of bad to situational - Ominous Power is a standout because it enables some absolutely disgusting Blockma shenanigans when you run three of it with three of the draw card you get off Xiao - you use one ominous power to fuel one Bi An, then Bi An immediately draws them both back into your hand so you functionally have infinite light and cards.

To make a good Yan deck, just make a standard Singleton build and add in Will of the City, Distorted Blade, Lock and Baleful Brand.

Distorted Blade/Baleful Brand/Lock are cool but not really that great, they're overcost for their effects. Not terrible, but nothing amazing. Lock especially will very rarely get maximum use due to it's dice layout.

Sword of Volition is a lot of fun. :v:

Arcvasti posted:

Blind Faith is also pretty good imo. Very strong against mass attacks and in power null, which are becoming increasingly a thing at this point in the game. Even outside that the rolls are fine for a net 2 light cost card.

Blind Faith really needed higher rolls and a bigger penalty to be reliably useful as a niche power null card, imo.

Cool art though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Acerbatus posted:

i've heard it a few too many times but I do quite like it, ditto for the background comments for that matter

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

I wish they'd made it longer so I could hear the last digit of e.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1459071276119515139

Welp. Looks like we've got a Distortion in our party for Limbus. Their head's the same as the train icon on the Limbus Company logo, so it's very possible that we're going to spend the game riding around in a Distortion/malformed EGO.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 12, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1459071276119515139

Welp. Looks like we've got a Distortion in our party for Limbus. Their head's the same as the train icon on the Limbus Company logo, so it's very possible that we're going to spend the game riding around in a Distortion/malformed EGO.

You never know maybe they're like Nemo and just got their normal face replaced by a clock face for style reasons. You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in the City.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Arcvasti posted:

You never know maybe they're like Nemo and just got their normal face replaced by a clock face for style reasons. You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in the City.

We already know Dante from library of ruina, though, and they're also involved with distortion detective as i understand it. i should really get around to reading it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blind Faith is good only in situations with power null and serious light pressure. Fortunately, three of the most obnoxious encounters in the game (xiao, apocalypse bird, heart of aspiration rematch) fit that profile!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Xiao boss fight down on technically my second attempt. :toot: My first attempt was when I first found it and hadn't cleared anything of that tier yet. It did not go well. Real dramatic squeaker of an ending too - she was about to blow Gebura to smithereens, but had exactly low enough bluebar that Gebura used the infinite speed die to land a Vertical Slash for the killing stagger.

now, the bad news: burning the books didn't give me her keypage :negative:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 14, 2021

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

You know, it took me a while to realize this thread was sharing real estate with another game that came out, and I was really worried that there was this whole upper layer of cards and poo poo that I hadn't even gotten into in an already overwhelming game.

I really love Express Train To Hell btw. It's like "This is incredibly useful... but watch out!"

Also boy Blue Star is a really loving mean abnormality to get on Day 13. I restarted my save because I kind of got in a catch-22 where I was afraid to do any Dusk events but really needed them to progress the story but I had a bunch of abnos that were really mad whenever clerks died and near-impossible to suppress. I'm lucky I had enough LOB lying around to upgrade someone so I could work with it safely. It churns out stats like nobody's business but wow. Baby's first Aleph.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Tiny Myers posted:

I really love Express Train To Hell btw. It's like "This is incredibly useful... but watch out!"

:allears:
That one gives people PTSD. It's refreshing to hear from somebody who likes it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Tiny Myers posted:

You know, it took me a while to realize this thread was sharing real estate with another game that came out, and I was really worried that there was this whole upper layer of cards and poo poo that I hadn't even gotten into in an already overwhelming game.

With Limbus coming out too, we probably should rename this thread into a general Project Moon one, yeah.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Theantero posted:

With Limbus coming out too, we probably should rename this thread into a general Project Moon one, yeah.

or just combine the title into a horrible monstrosity:

"When the work result was Bad and was 4 or higher, add +45 power"

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

When the work result was Bad, On Hit: opponent gains 1 Project Moon Megathread next scene

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm cool with it being changed but last I heard the limit was 85 characters. if anyone comes up with a good one just pm a mod or report a post in the thread and ask for the title to be changed.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
When the Qliphoth counter hit zero, the Project Moon thread was filled with spoilers

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Crasical posted:

:allears:
That one gives people PTSD. It's refreshing to hear from somebody who likes it.

It's really fun! I'm only on Day 21 (my second run after I restarted at about Day 28) but so far it hasn't really been a problem. I can use it to get some really tight researches that I wouldn't otherwise be able to manage due to how much damage they deal to somebody. :toot:

I also forgot about it when trying out new things with a new abnormality, fully intending to restart, and right as I was making some progress a train suddenly ran across the screen, killing half my team instantly. It has such loving hilarious comedic timing.

Also I got the gun from Der Freischütz and was very confused as to why my teammates kept dying :thunk:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
When the work result was Good, the genre changed. A Project Moon Megathread

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Also I got the gun from Der Freischütz and was very confused as to why my teammates kept dying :thunk:
it's extremely useful and can really gently caress with some late ordeals whose gimmick is "throw a whole bunch of bad guys at you", but it also requires you to think really hard about who you send to suppress The Perfect Meal so it's more or less useless

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
ITT: Trains

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

It's really fun! I'm only on Day 21 (my second run after I restarted at about Day 28) but so far it hasn't really been a problem. I can use it to get some really tight researches that I wouldn't otherwise be able to manage due to how much damage they deal to somebody. :toot:

I also forgot about it when trying out new things with a new abnormality, fully intending to restart, and right as I was making some progress a train suddenly ran across the screen, killing half my team instantly. It has such loving hilarious comedic timing.

Your run is sounding an awful lot like my run, so I'm just going to warn you off of magical girls right now. Do not engage with magical girls.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

If you have der shooty then megucas are fine, tbh.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Oh my god I totally forgot about the train and it went across my screen and just barely missed anyone

Also it would appear I accidentally took a magical girl before I even saw this post so that ship has sailed :negative:

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 15, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Well, only one of the magical girls is an actual issue, so you might still be fine :v:

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Well, this one was encased in amber.

But she wasn't the problem - loving Army in Black was, aka "hope you don't have a Violet Noon ever!". So I had to reset again. < :mad: >

I swear to god I'll finish the Dusk event one of these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Well, this one was encased in amber.

But she wasn't the problem - loving Army in Black was, aka "hope you don't have a Violet Noon ever!". So I had to reset again. < :mad: >

I swear to god I'll finish the Dusk event one of these days

Ah yes, AiB. I seem to be in the minority in finding it to be one of the more useful abnos in the game. Then again, I did get it after day 27 and I rushed the Disciplinary department so that made managing it easier. You can keep it contained through the Violet Noon with Der Shooty and an easily farmable (can be forced to escape in just one work) escaping Abno- when you get the heads-up that VN is coming, magic bullet 5 clerks in a threatened department, force the abno to escape, suppress it, rinse, repeat until less than 15 clerks in the facility are threatened by a giant monument squashing them. Still, probably more effort than it's worth.