Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies

by sebmojo

Mormon Nailer posted:

I hope the shepherd appreciates your efforts because it's very nice of you

they safely nodded at the finished product the. retreated back to the hills

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hello the yob. I am going to Phoenix over thanksgiving this year and I am excited to ride go carts in the desert and maybe go find some legit Mexican food.

also wondering if there are still Gila monsters out and about in November? :thunk:

What part? For anyone not familiar, it's a huge metro area that's basically one big city, you can go almost a hundred miles from one corner to the other and pass through say Glendale to Phoenix to Mesa and not even notice other then some neighborhoods are very nice and some very much not so, and plenty in between. Phoenix is sort of the catch all term for "the area" just like saying "New York" as perspective to anyone who doesn't know (not meaning you Prof. C, just in general).

I wouldn't count on stumbling across gila monsters out and about hardly ever. Not to say it's impossible but you could walk outside of town in the desert for years and never see one, they are pretty rare and reclusive, you probably would have to go to one of the zoos and even then good chance they would be chilling underground. Almost zero chance you would see one around town in the open. Plenty of other stuff though, especially in the desert and on the fringes.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Mormon Nailer posted:

I have not, and will never, post content

the other kind of content

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

pnac attack posted:

the other kind of content

No content just malcontent

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
As an adjective, post-content would mean after the satisfaction.

alnilam

Gila is the name of the scientist, the lizard is called Gila Monster

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
My wife and I have been cleaning and reorganizing the crap out of the house lately and it's really helped to get out of the funk we've been in.

It's easy to get overwhelmed by life but living like trash monsters just makes it worse

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

Dr. Gila and Mr. Monster

He changes forms after drinking Gila monster venom, though this is just unrelated coincidence.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mayonnaise is just hamburger lotion.

Heather Papps

hello friend

french fries are a burgs sidekick

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

condiments are the burgs utility belt contents and other toppings are the burgs super friends that are only around sometimes. the bun is the burgs butler.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Mayonnaise is just hamburger lotion.

It puts the lotion on the buns

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

condiments are the burgs utility belt contents and other toppings are the burgs super friends that are only around sometimes. the bun is the burgs butler.

I thought the buns were the butt?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

gonna make a burg real quick and test this out

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

Standing at the build your own burger toppings and condiments bar, thinking really hard about picking the right tool for the job for like 10 minutes. For the third time I reach for the tomato slices, then pull back my hand and furrow my brow. This is not something to be taken lightly. "Just go with it you've got this!" I tell myself as in a snap decision I slap some pickles on top, and it is done, there is no going back. I will never know if I made the right choice, but it is something I will live with for the rest of my life.

cruft

Twenty Four posted:

Standing at the build your own burger toppings and condiments bar, thinking really hard about picking the right tool for the job for like 10 minutes. For the third time I reach for the tomato slices, then pull back my hand and furrow my brow. This is not something to be taken lightly. "Just go with it you've got this!" I tell myself as in a snap decision I slap some pickles on top, and it is done, there is no going back. I will never know if I made the right choice, but it is something I will live with for the rest of my life.

Harrowing!

Escape From Noise

I've been in Fukuoka this weekend. A friend of mine moved here back in April and I've been meaning to make it out here since then, but obviously with the pandemic and everything, that didn't really happen. I tend to visit this place pretty often, it's kind of my go-to for when I want to take a trip for the weekend but don't really have anything planned. It's not super close, but it's easy to get to by bullet train. Every time I visit I'll have a day where I'm wandering around and just think "I could totally live here given the opportunity!"

It's a very neat city.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

cruft posted:

Harrowing!
A timely reminder to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic_iClOg34A again.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I wish I would have known this before ate burgers for dinner

Escape From Noise

Zil posted:

I wish I would have known this before ate burgers for dinner

Zil, eat the butts

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
And now I wonder if you could feed that script to the AI dungeon thing and set it to just keep on writing and then pipe its output into a series of speech synthesizers, for never-ending harrowing radish tales.

roomforthetuna

Also a reminder of this, the best joke in the world, which I may have made up a few years ago, I can't find any evidence of its prior existence on the internet.

What does a horseradish say? [in a croaking whisper] "I'm a radish."

Edit: confirmed, it's in my file of jokes in the "I made this joke in my sleep" section, along with "Why don't birds like beekeepers? Because birds prefer not to have their beaks eeped."

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 14, 2021

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is amazing dad joke power on display

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Ahahaha

xcheopis

I've been in Fukuoka this weekend. A friend of mine moved here back in April and I've been meaning to make it out here since then, but obviously with the pandemic and everything, that didn't really happen. I tend to visit this place pretty often, it's kind of my go-to for when I want to take a trip for the weekend but don't really have anything planned. It's not super close, but it's easy to get to by bullet train. Every time I visit I'll have a day where I'm wandering around and just think "I could totally live here given the opportunity!"

It's a very neat city.

What particular things do you like about it? Just the feel of the place or the food or...?

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

What particular things do you like about it? Just the feel of the place or the food or...?

Hmmm. Yes I think it's kind of neat because it is an older city like Kyoto, and has a lot of older structures, but they also look kind of unique. Older architecture here kind of looks like a mixture of architecture in Honshu and Okinawa sorta? I guess I like that feel of an older City with meandering streets and stuff. But unlike Kyoto, people here are a lot more friendly, kind of like Osaka. People are pretty laid back and stuff. I always end up meeting all kinds of people here and chatting a lot. It's definitely not as immediately beautiful as Kyoto, but it still has a lot of parks and nature. The food is also very good. It's also a very young city as well, which is cool. Makes it sorta vibrant in a way. It also has a nice history and art museum.

I guess it has a sort of feeling similar to Portland years ago. It's not a main city but it's got stuff going on and a neat little culture.

Escape From Noise

Also the airport is abbreviated as FUK.

biosterous

roomforthetuna posted:

Also a reminder of this, the best joke in the world, which I may have made up a few years ago, I can't find any evidence of its prior existence on the internet.

Edit: confirmed, it's in my file of jokes in the "I made this joke in my sleep" section, along with "Why don't birds like beekeepers? Because birds prefer not to have their beaks eeped."

these are both great thank you i love them

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Bad Video Games

roomforthetuna posted:

As a dad, I approve. I will be sharing these with my son.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
BYOB: we can appreciate a good cheese slap

xcheopis

Hmmm. Yes I think it's kind of neat because it is an older city like Kyoto, and has a lot of older structures, but they also look kind of unique. Older architecture here kind of looks like a mixture of architecture in Honshu and Okinawa sorta? I guess I like that feel of an older City with meandering streets and stuff. But unlike Kyoto, people here are a lot more friendly, kind of like Osaka. People are pretty laid back and stuff. I always end up meeting all kinds of people here and chatting a lot. It's definitely not as immediately beautiful as Kyoto, but it still has a lot of parks and nature. The food is also very good. It's also a very young city as well, which is cool. Makes it sorta vibrant in a way. It also has a nice history and art museum.

I guess it has a sort of feeling similar to Portland years ago. It's not a main city but it's got stuff going on and a neat little culture.

Very cool. :)

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
We've already got the Christmas tree up.

Send help!

xcheopis

Zurtilik posted:

We've already got the Christmas tree up.

Send help!

Ok, I'm gonna need 3 or 5 young cats

City of Glompton

i volunteer Reggie

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Finger Prince

It's a very neat city.

Ya man, Fukuoka is pretty great. Got that small city vibe with its own sort of scene. Plus they've got those great lights there. Not doing it now, but it’s too early. Maybe it’s too early. But during the day, it’s rush hour, you cross the streets, and this really stupid tune comes on, with, playing this digitalized version of 'When a body meets a body comin’ thro’ the rye’.
The stuff on the ground here is all for the blind. Lights up at night.. If my eyes went blind I’d run into something.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
They're touching the friendship sandwich

more falafel please

forums poster

Achtane posted:

BYOB: we can appreciate a good cheese slap

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Also the airport is abbreviated as FUK.

*Booking a ticket* Hello yes I would like to go to FUK