Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wmoty, Eat my fuc vs Shard, Aew Full Gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page AEW Full Gear 13.10

Pro wrestling is art.

nth, pro wrestling is good

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Pro wrestling is art.

Nth

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nth for Page/Omega. That felt like something special- the two figures were larger than life, evenly matched, and though there was only one outcome that would work they made it feel like anything could happen. Just top level stuff.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Seconding Page/Omega for MOTYC, beautiful moment

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Edit NM.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 14, 2021

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Let's nominate the PPV all at once. Probably redundant at this point but gently caress it:

HM: Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter vs Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa, AEW Full Gear Buy In 13/10
MOTYC: MJF vs Darby Allin, AEW Full Gear 13/10
HM: Lucha Brothers vs FTR for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Miro, Eliminator tournament final, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: The Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs Jurassic Express & Christian Cage, AEW Full Gear 13/10
HM: Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo vs Cody Rhodes and PAC, AEW Full Gear 13/10
HM: Britt Baker DMD vs Tay Conti for the AEW Women's Title, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs Men of the Year & American Top Team, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Title, AEW Full Gear 13/10

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kevino07 posted:

Let's nominate the PPV all at once. Probably redundant at this point but gently caress it:

HM: Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter vs Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa, AEW Full Gear Buy In 13/10
HM: Lucha Brothers vs FTR for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Miro, Eliminator tournament final, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: The Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs Jurassic Express & Christian Cage, AEW Full Gear 13/10
HM: Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo vs Cody Rhodes and PAC, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs Men of the Year & American Top Team, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Title, AEW Full Gear 13/10

Nth all these.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Kevino07 posted:

Yep, Nth all this.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
MJF vs. Darby
Bucks vs. Jurassic Express
Punk vs. Kingston
Miro vs. Danielson
Luchas Bros vs. FTR

HM
Tay Conti vs. Britt (Gotch style baby!)
Inner Circle vs. American Top Team
Cody Rhodes and Pac vs. Black and Andrade

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Kevino07 posted:

Nth to it all.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Kevino07 posted:

nth

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: EDDIE KINGSTON VS. CM PUNK, AEW FULL GEAR, 13/11

OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED

Nthed. I bought the PPV based off of this match and it was completely awesome. All the other matches were anywhere from good to great, but this was exceptional. Easily my best match of the night.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What are the top 3 matches from Full Gear? MJF/Darby, Eddie/Punk, main? Want to catch some of it while it’s fresh but I also have company and although she’s wrestling curious, I don’t think her idea of a perfect morning is watching 4+ hours of pro wrestling. I could catch a bit while she’s still sleeping

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 14, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
As a match, Darby/MJF is probably my match of the night, then the mainevent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a cyborg mug posted:

What are the top 3 matches from Full Gear? MJF/Darby, Eddie/Punk, main? Want to catch some of it while it’s fresh but I also have company and I don’t think her idea of a perfect morning is watching 4+ hours of pro wrestling. I could catch a bit while she’s still sleeping

Subjective opinions of course but I'd say my 3 favorites (from an INCREDIBLE card) are Kenny vs. Hangman, Eddie vs. Punk, and MJF vs. Darby.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kevino07 posted:

MOTYC: Lucha Brothers vs FTR for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, AEW Full Gear 13/10
MOTYC: Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo vs Cody Rhodes and PAC, AEW Full Gear 13/10
This lines up for me, with the exception that I’ve changed Lucha Bros v FTR to a MOTYC.

e: and the tag match with Cody/Pac/Andrade/Black to a MOTYC too. I loved it actually.

Great PPV

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The main and Eddie/Punk are the absolute must watches, you could sub in the tag for MJF/Darby depending on your preference (or if you can watch both)

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

What are the top 3 matches from Full Gear? MJF/Darby, Eddie/Punk, main? Want to catch some of it while it’s fresh but I also have company and although she’s wrestling curious, I don’t think her idea of a perfect morning is watching 4+ hours of pro wrestling. I could catch a bit while she’s still sleeping

I can't split the top 4 personally so pick your 3 from the brief descriptions:

MJF vs Derby Allin was exceptional as an opener and probably exceeded my expectations more than any match on the card,
Danielson vs Miro was a brutal fight between a monster and technical underdog
Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk was a fight is a different manner. Felt like there was real venom.
and Page vs Hangman was an exceptional culmination of 2 years of build.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

AEW Full Gear

HM: Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter vs Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: MJF vs Darby Allin
MOTYC: Lucha Brothers vs FTR
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Miro
MOTYC: The Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs Jurassic Express & Christian Cage
HM: Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo vs Cody Rhodes and PAC
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page

I'll have to rewatch Britt vs Tay tomorrow but I wasn't feeling it at all live. At one point I was pretty sure Tay was concussed.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Subjective opinions of course but I'd say my 3 favorites (from an INCREDIBLE card) are Kenny vs. Hangman, Eddie vs. Punk, and MJF vs. Darby.

I'm in agreement with this and I'm Nthing all of them as MOTYCs.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Now that the Full Gear noms are (mostly) done I noticed last night that Matt Hardy vs Orange Cassidy from the 12th has 5 WMOTYC noms (Testekill, Renaissance Spam, Senerio, Chris James 2, Kirios) so should be moved into that section

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks, friends! I think I’ll do Eddie/Punk, MJF/Darby and the main in that order. If company is still sleeping after that I’ll watch Danielson/Miro

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Motyc Ren Narita vs Will Ospreay NJPW Battle of the Valley Nov 13th

Ren is gonna be such a star when he returns

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

2nd. This ruled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Now that the Full Gear noms are (mostly) done I noticed last night that Matt Hardy vs Orange Cassidy from the 12th has 5 WMOTYC noms (Testekill, Renaissance Spam, Senerio, Chris James 2, Kirios) so should be moved into that section

I had the others listed but not Kirios, not sure how I missed that but I'll fix it now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Full Gear nominations.

MOTYC: MJF vs. Darby
MOTYC: Danielson vs. Miro
MOTYC: Super Elite vs. Jurassic Express
MOTYC: Punk vs. Eddie
MOTYC: Inner Circle vs. American Top Team
MOTYC: Omega vs. Hangman
HM: Lucha Bros. vs FTR

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM from me. Ren Narita loving rules and just keeps getting better.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs MJF AEW Full Gear 13.10
(MJF being infuriatingly good at wrestling is one of AEW's best strengths)
HMMOTYC: Lucha Bros vs FTR AEW Full Gear 13.10
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Miro, AEW Full Gear
(Just delightful violence)
MOTYC: Christian Cage & Jurassic Express vs The Superkliq AEW Full Gear 13.10
(A really good fight you could feel the venom and the tension in the air)
HM: Inner Circle vs Men of the Year & ATT AEW Full Gear 13.10
(A plunderbrawl that was about 1000% better then it had any right to be)
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page, AEW Full Gear, 13/11
(Anything that makes this loving 30 year old internet and irony poisoned dude ugly cry in his apartment is worth mention on this list)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa vs Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter AEW Full Gear 13.10

Absolute insanity, but in a very goood way.

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs MJF AEW Full Gear 13.10

Absolute banger of an opener between two absolutely outstanding guys. The future of AEW is in good hands.

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: FTR vs. Lucha Bros., 11/13

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Miro AEW Full Gear 13.10

Just two guys unleashing absolute murder on each other and then decided that more murder was necessary.

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Adam Cole & Young BUcks vs. Christian Cage & Jungle Express, Full Gear 11/13

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Britt Baker vs Tay Conti AEW Full Gear 13.10

Good, hard-hitting match. Both Britt and Tay fought like all hell and busted out some gnarly-rear end moves.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Cody Rhodes & PAC vs Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo AEW Full Gear 13.10

Rarity posted:

OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Inner Circle vs Men of the Year & ATT AEW Full Gear 13.10

On the one hand this was real sloppy at times but on the other hand it was also just pure dumb fun. General insanity all around.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Pro wrestling is art.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Stealing Kevino07's template

HM: Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter vs Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa, AEW Full Gear Buy In 11/13
MOTYC: MJF vs Darby Allin, AEW Full Gear 11/13
MOTYC: Lucha Brothers vs FTR for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, AEW Full Gear 11/13
HM: Bryan Danielson vs Miro, Eliminator tournament final, AEW Full Gear 11/13
MOTYC: The Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs Jurassic Express & Christian Cage, AEW Full Gear 11/13
HM: Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo vs Cody Rhodes and PAC, AEW Full Gear 11/13
HM: Britt Baker DMD vs Tay Conti for the AEW Women's Title, AEW Full Gear 11/13
HM: Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk, AEW Full Gear 11/13
MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs Men of the Year & American Top Team, AEW Full Gear 11/13
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Title, AEW Full Gear 11/13

Edit: fixed the dates because this is America

Oil! fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 14, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Juice Robinson vs Moose NJPW Battle of the Valley Nov 13th

Got to HM for Moose's amazing Pulp Friction sell

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
MJF vs. Darby
Bucks vs. Jurassic Express
Punk vs. Kingston
Miro vs. Danielson
Luchas Bros vs. FTR

HM
Tay Conti vs. Britt (Gotch style baby!)
Inner Circle vs. American Top Team
Cody Rhodes and Pac vs. Black and Andrade

nth, im so happy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
why are these tagged 13/10 shouldnt it be 13/11 or am i bugging

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

graph posted:

why are these tagged 13/10 shouldnt it be 13/11 or am i bugging

Sorry you had to find out like this, but you've been in a coma for -1 month

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There isn't a 13th month

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It is actually a month ago.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Month-Day-Year sucks and should be made illegal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll have to catch the main later but for now

NJPW Battle in the Valley November 14th (maybe 13th?)
MOTYC
Will Ospreay vs Ren Narita
- Narita is going to be an absolute star real soon, and Ospreay made him look like absolute dynamite

HM
Juice Robinson vs Moose
- Couple of weird moments but on the whole it was a very enjoyable match

Kazuchika Okada vs Buddy "Murphy" Matthews
- Okada with a noise producing crowd is a winning combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Buddy Matthews - NJPW Battle in the Valley 11/13

What a delight to have Okada wrestling in front of a crowd that can make noise again, and you can tell he's incredibly pleased to have that aspect back even if only temporarily.