Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Screamy the Fish posted:

I thought it was posted because they were threatened with chat logs leaking between them and Rich?

Otherwise I'm confused how they used it to defend his actions?

Just confused about the cum-text.

ill be real, ive tried to comprehend it and i have no clue why she posted some nut pics other then shes easy to google and is trying to get more people onto her OF? i dunno, i personally would just not post pictures of nut shots in my glizzy gobbler in forums that are explicitly not for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mx. posted:

it was big on ED

I've got a confession to make. I spent about as much time browsing ED as I did lurking here back then. I'd like to use project chanology as my excuse but I know that doesn't cut it. All the ironic racism sort of left a bad taste in my mouth and it's pretty clear now that it was not 'ironic'.

Kiwifarms was basically started by ED users who thought a certain article didn't go in depth enough about a certain someone. A lot of people using ED turned out to be genuinely evil bastards.

Screamy the Fish
Nov 14, 2021

by sebmojo

Boba Pearl posted:

ill be real, ive tried to comprehend it and i have no clue why she posted some nut pics other then shes easy to google and is trying to get more people onto her OF? i dunno, i personally would just not post pictures of nut shots in my glizzy gobbler in forums that are explicitly not for that.

Maybe she's just built different.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Boba Pearl posted:

clearly the plan was to create enough buzz to earn millions on the highly desirable https://opensea.io/collection/lowtax kyanka collection

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq09UkPRdFY

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Am I too late for that sick screaming gangtag. This new gangtag means that Lowtax death can finally mean something.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Boba Pearl posted:

yeah, i mean, a women posting her nutted in mouth while defending a domestic abuser is one thing

What the gently caress, what did I miss jfc

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sex Robot posted:

What the gently caress, what did I miss jfc

Go to the lepers colony and look for futa snake.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

"he was only a fish"
But he was human enough to be a great comfort in hours of loneliness and pain

:screamy:

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

screamy, please

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

you don't understand. in this moment, they are the main character of SomethingAwful. they must post nut shots. they can't not

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"he was only a fish"
But he was human enough to be a great comfort in hours of loneliness and pain

:screamy:

Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

furries are still some of the most embarrassing poo poo I have ever seen.

Do you not ever read your posts?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

kilus aof posted:

Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human.

There's a missing Shatnerian pause before "...human"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bad news from India: Richard Lowtax Kyanka might be dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxraes5lWCU
But who was he? Microsoft Sam explains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rzaoo8xDcM

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is still going on huh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Crazy people keep providing entertainment.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

sharknado slashfic posted:

Well the news is apparently still making its way to the outer reaches of the goon diaspora so yeah

Dr. Drool
May 7, 2007
If it's worth doing at all, it's worth doing for a dollar.

Goo posted:

It really surprises me when I outlive people. Even if it shouldn't.

The surprise comes because deep down you didn't, none of us did. On August 29, 1997 Skynet became self-aware at 02:14 am Eastern Time. It turned humans into ghosts long before this site was founded. It turned you into a ghost long before you joined.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr. Drool posted:

The surprise comes because deep down you didn't, none of us did. On August 29, 1997 Skynet became self-aware at 02:14 am Eastern Time. It turned humans into ghosts long before this site was founded. It turned you into a ghost long before you joined.

Isn't this death stranding

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Gotta love the ancients here who don't know Lowtax hasn't owned the site in some time.

As long as they don't also complain this place is too woke.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

veni veni veni posted:

it's not novel anymore but furries are still some of the most embarrassing poo poo I have ever seen.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Bad news from India: Richard Lowtax Kyanka might be dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxraes5lWCU
But who was he? Microsoft Sam explains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rzaoo8xDcM

blessed

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

plz to have screamy tag

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Mods please change topic title to

"itt a tribute to our late flounder, farewell, deer screamy"

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I would also like a screamy tag

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
screamh please

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Creamy

MrDizzystick
Mar 8, 2007

Pillbug
gimme the screamy pleasey

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Screamy dreamy teamy

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Screaming for Screamy plz

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gas

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Screamy lives

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.

veni veni veni posted:

it's not novel anymore but furries are still some of the most embarrassing poo poo I have ever seen.

Idea SA poster apparently:

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Screamy tag or bust

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
creamy for a screamy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Valko posted:

I've got a confession to make. I spent about as much time browsing ED as I did lurking here back then. I'd like to use project chanology as my excuse but I know that doesn't cut it. All the ironic racism sort of left a bad taste in my mouth and it's pretty clear now that it was not 'ironic'.

Kiwifarms was basically started by ED users who thought a certain article didn't go in depth enough about a certain someone. A lot of people using ED turned out to be genuinely evil bastards.

:same:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

hard counter posted:

This is a real bad situation, pure and simple. I’ve always taken the view that the best way forwards when someone has committed grave misdeeds is to hope that, over the course their life, they will eventually grow up after facing suitable consequences for their actions. It takes introspection, sobering up to the effects their actions had on others, repenting of it, rejecting the old way of living that caused it, and finally the humbling of oneself before the people who’ve suffered to ask for their forgiveness to try and start repaying the debt owed. Richard definitely owed a lot to his family. We all go down this path in one form or another because we all let people down eventually, albeit in lesser ways. It’s an important road to walk because over time it'll lean us towards becoming the best versions of ourselves, while also letting us reject the bad. Some of us, like Richard, have bad versions of ourselves that are so awful the journey to fix things becomes even more critical to the people around us.

Forgiveness is never owed back though, and some things can never get fully fixed, but it’s important that someone admits their guilt to the people they hurt because it will help the healing process. Maybe those that suffered will just spit in the accused’s face when they’re on their knees, who knows, but when things play out this way everyone gets a fair chance to move on and be better than they were before.

It’s extremely sad for everyone involved to see someone’s journey go unfinished like this, when in some kinder, parallel world they could’ve done things differently. Growing as a person is something everyone, everyone full stop, in their right mind inevitably does. It’s also very depressing to see such huge debts go unpaid when they're squelched like this.

The forums have always had this one-sided view of Richard. In the early 2000s he was seen as a fresh, young pioneer and entrepreneur. He was quite funny to people who were craving edgy and unpolished humour, especially the kind you wouldn’t find on mainstream platforms, and he became highly influential in this community and on other niche parts of the internet for some of the early trails he blazed. Crass, uncaring jokes on this new media made use of novel formats and modern dispersal mechanisms to do things that’d never been done before and Richard was in the right place at the right time to get in on it. Being naturally ironic and socially disengaged helped him with perpetuating the new humour. Nobody ever thought Richard was some kind of Da Vinci, but he was seen as a popular figurehead for some of the weirder parts of the web, and that gave him some status as the internet’s weird uncle who smells funny but tells rowdy jokes.

Somewhere along the way things went bad. Real, real bad. Success brought in opportunities that were squandered one by one. Part of the new money coming in helped fuel personal addictions so severe Richard definitely did not seem like a man in the right mind for huge swathes of time. Over the years the pills, booze and whatever else Richard engaged in became infamous on the forums...first as jokes but later as subjects of anonymous concern. Pics of him crashed out on the company office’s furniture floated around. He also became negligent, belligerent and deceptive. We, as a community, tolerated this spiral for a time. His natural social disengagement was absolutely authentic and one thing he also never lied about was wanting to live carefree so all this was completely on-brand for him, if still disappointing. It was hard to tell him he was wrong. He eventually got into a kind of paralysis where he felt like he couldn’t do anything for the website anymore because there were always some kind of criticisms no matter what he did. The man hated criticism and avoided it with even more absenteeism. Things got worse when he started developing the kind of health problems he had in middle-age where self-medication into numb oblivion became even more tantalizing. But self-sedation like this only clouds your mind even more. For a while he probably lived in the quiet darkness of his old reputation’s shadow, content to let it coast him along in life. His interactions with staff and the forums became one-sided, and he expected others to do all the work for him with next to nothing in return. He was hurting people, but it wasn’t serious... until it was.

Eventually he hurt his own family, in utterly reprehensible ways, and the forums found out. That was enough for everyone. That’s the disgraced Richard the forums know today. As outsiders we’d seen the transformation of Rich into the absolute worst version of himself and that’s what’s been put under the spotlight. Even the kind of jokes he used to tell seem like uncomfortable anachronisms now. I don’t know what kind of substances Richard was on when he ended his life, or if a lifetime of substance abuse already took its toll by then, but these are not, and have never been, the actions of a man in a clear state of mind.

Going by the OP’s eulogy, LA’s posts and the other anecdotes posted ITT the real Richard was neither of these one-dimensional descriptions and I pray the family he leaves behind learns the wisdom needed to navigate the complicated legacy he leaves behind. His young children especially. The real truth behind the man belongs to them now. I wish he could’ve grown into being more of the best version of himself that his loved ones, and the internet, saw glimpses long ago of but that’s not a world you’ll often see when someone is dealing with a tag-team of their own personal demons, severe addiction and health turmoil all ganging up on them at once. Especially when they self-isolate.

Any goon who actually bothered to read this should make a point of making mental health a top priority, full stop. There are all sorts of professionals who’ll help you with whatever’s troubling you, whether it’s needing the aid of marriage counsellors, anger management classes, rehabilitation clinics, therapists/psychologists or even churches if that’s your thing. There are people out there who are willing to help you if you look in the right places. Suicide is never the answer. For heaven’s sake call the suicide hotline if that’s something you’re dealing with right now. If Richard had taken his mental health more seriously earlier on, every single bit of this awful situation could have been avoided.

Richard left behind an immense personal debt to his family and I am incredibly proud of the forums for shouldering part of the financial element of the debt with the Go Fund Me. Everyone needs to have a look at the work that’s being done there. Richard may have developed the forums, but it’s the users that have made it so great.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Imagine finding furries embarrassing, when you yourself, are in fact,, a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Edit: double post