Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

September is over. Next up:

quote:

October: 2 Spooky 4U - Paint up something creepy or spooky. Could be a ghost, or some classic undead or hammer horror inspired figures. Could be a more modern take on horror ala The Ring or something unsettling or wrong about an otherwise ordinary scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I ape!!! oath these 3 dread wolves, scarecrow, and witch from the recent Reaper Kickstarter

And adding this 3d printed corrupted astronaut from Loot Studios on a scratch built base:

ape!!! fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 3, 2021

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: August Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Gotta love old school GW elfs; they look like such assholes. Your work on these models really brings out those qualities; the highlights and contrasts in the cloth play off well against the glinty metals, and you can just sense the haughtiness coming off of them (especially that guy on the left).

Second Place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

Pretty well done for a mass paint job, but the hero with the red-hot hammer is just :chefkiss:. That mausoleum is a particular standout as well; you've really captured the cold hard feel of the stonework, and it's a nice counterpart to the heat from the big guy's weapon.

First Place, 3 points: Ashcans

These Sisters are fantastic! Nice color scheme to their cloaks, which really sets off the scuffed-up weaponry and draws the eye to the model at the same time. Your edge highlighting really works well here, and makes the models look nicely aggressive. Ice cool blue meets meltaguns, I like it.

Bonus Point: Ugleb

That Cad Bane is great, but these ramshackle combat buses are just ridiculous. Excellent highlighting and metals, and the weathering is really well executed.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for October:

1 Ulterior Motives set (Pit, Statue, Runestone, Sarcophagus, Trapdoor, Gate, Arcane Circle and Zombie) from Northstar Miniatures
2 Ghouls from Mantic
1 Death Jester and Marionette from Reaper
1 Necromancer from RPE
1 Necromancer from Greebo Games, 32mm
1 Lich from Archon Studios, 32mm

28mm except where noted.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: August Judgements! :siren:

Bonus Point: Ugleb

That Cad Bane is great, but these ramshackle combat buses are just ridiculous. Excellent highlighting and metals, and the weathering is really well executed.

Very kind, thank you!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: Ashcans

These Sisters are fantastic! Nice color scheme to their cloaks, which really sets off the scuffed-up weaponry and draws the eye to the model at the same time. Your edge highlighting really works well here, and makes the models look nicely aggressive. Ice cool blue meets meltaguns, I like it.

Wow, thank you! I've been really enjoying painting the new Sisters models, they're fantastic compared to the old ones (which were 20+ years old, so fair), and wanted to use my own scheme so that I didn't feel locked in to any of the major orders. I'm glad to hear you like it!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
For the month of October, I Ugleb hereby oath these scratch built toxic goo pools, a 3D printed Vault Entrance (Thingiverse) and Corvega car (Modiphius STL).

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, Oath 3 Reaper Miniature Grave Minions for October

Pumpkin-head guys stealing gravestones? Seems right for Halloween!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, Oath 3 Reaper Miniature Grave Minions for October

Pumpkin-head guys stealing gravestones? Seems right for Halloween!

Ugleb posted:

For the month of October, I Ugleb hereby oath these scratch built toxic goo pools, a 3D printed Vault Entrance (Thingiverse) and Corvega car (Modiphius STL).

ape!!! posted:

I ape!!! oath these 3 dread wolves, scarecrow, and witch from the recent Reaper Kickstarter

And adding this 3d printed corrupted astronaut from Loot Studios on a scratch built base:

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for October:

1 Ulterior Motives set (Pit, Statue, Runestone, Sarcophagus, Trapdoor, Gate, Arcane Circle and Zombie) from Northstar Miniatures
2 Ghouls from Mantic
1 Death Jester and Marionette from Reaper
1 Necromancer from RPE
1 Necromancer from Greebo Games, 32mm
1 Lich from Archon Studios, 32mm

28mm except where noted.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed

Claiming the challenge for the collection of spooky undead minions!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oops! I took the photo a few days ago and almost forgot to upload it, I hope that's okay.

For the month of October, I Lord Hypnostache oath 5 Living Dead Warriors. 28mm Fireforge Games

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Busy October, gotta be a lighter month for me.

I, TotalHell, oath 1 specter and 1 coffin w/ corpse, both by Reaper for the month of October

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for October two Mantic ghouls and one Reaper vampire:

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

October Oath Complete - Three 28mm dreadwolves, a witch, and a scarecrow from Reaper Miniatures. 3d printed Astrozombie (80mm) from Loot studios with a scratch built base. Claiming 2 Spooky 4U.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in October!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath complete!

(I'm not super thrilled with the photo but here it is just in case I don't get to reshoot it.)

E: also claiming 2 Spooky 4U !

moths fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath complete!

Claiming the spooky theme for the month, what with spirits and a coffin skeleton and all.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

And here's a bonus image of an actual game where I already used some of it!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Claiming 2 Spooky 4 U for these zombies. I'm also claiming Daily Double for the standard bearer, combining this month's and next month's challenge in the freehanded banner.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

You're still going, and it's still good!

Second place, 2 points: ape!!!

That carnage is looking good! The reds are nice and the black veiny things are painted neatly.

First place, 3 points: Lord Hypnostache

I'm loving the limited palette on these guy. The purple is a nice contrast, that draws the attention to the flesh parts. Very cool looking.

Bonus, 1 point: Moths

These guys had a bad time. That's worth a point.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: ape!!!

That carnage is looking good! The reds are nice and the black veiny things are painted neatly.

Awesome, thank you!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: Lord Hypnostache

I'm loving the limited palette on these guy. The purple is a nice contrast, that draws the attention to the flesh parts. Very cool looking.

Thank you so much!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

And thank you judges! I'm honored as always!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in October!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for October two Mantic ghouls and one Reaper vampire:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oops! I took the photo a few days ago and almost forgot to upload it, I hope that's okay.

For the month of October, I Lord Hypnostache oath 5 Living Dead Warriors. 28mm Fireforge Games

TotalHell posted:

Busy October, gotta be a lighter month for me.

I, TotalHell, oath 1 specter and 1 coffin w/ corpse, both by Reaper for the month of October

Approved!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

Here are some spooky guys for Halloween!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

October is finished. Next up:

quote:

November: Make your mark - Add some tattoos, kill markings, war paint or other such freehand decoration to your model.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath these 7 metal Relicblade minis from the Storms of Kural box set.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for November:

1 Cad Bane from FFG's Star Wars Legion and 1 Master of Possession from Games Workshop's WH40K

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one GW Ork Mek for November!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2021

3 Regimental Advisors, GW
2 Barbarians and not-Jack Burton (rescuing this guy I started a while back and never finished), Hasslefree
Notrek and Fauxlix, MOM Miniatures

all 28mm

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November, a Proteus Mobile Command Post and Thunderstorm Heavy Hovercraft for Dropzone Commander.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following for the month of November: 10 Dreadspears and one Wightking on Skeletal Steed. 28mm GW

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: September Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Galaspar

Just tons of character in these guys. A nice bright color scheme to offset the grimdark, makes the whole tableau seem almost cartoonishly amusing. The nonplussed look on the pistol-wielder's face really sells it. (I love that...what is that, a servo-skull parking meter on the right? Some kind of rent-a-relic?)

Second Place, 2 points: Lord Hypnostache

It's not so much the gore here, as the potential for gore these Flayed Ones represent. Excellent contrasts, and the muted colors make them appear camouflaged--giving the impression of a lurking threat waiting to strike.

First Place, 3 points: ape!!!

Speaking of cartoons and bright colors, these villains look fresh from the pages of 60's and 80's Marvel comics respectively. Carnage is vivid, bloody, and very well-defined and blacklined; and the Goblin just looks like he's having a super time. Excelsior!

Bonus Point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Nice partizan. Really, all the models in this grimdark fantasy set are neat, but the guy with the polearm stands out. Excellent deep contrasts as usual, playing against the bright primaries of the cloth and plumes. These soldiers look ready for action.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following for the month of November: 10 Dreadspears and one Wightking on Skeletal Steed. 28mm GW

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November, a Proteus Mobile Command Post and Thunderstorm Heavy Hovercraft for Dropzone Commander.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2021

3 Regimental Advisors, GW
2 Barbarians and not-Jack Burton (rescuing this guy I started a while back and never finished), Hasslefree
Notrek and Fauxlix, MOM Miniatures

all 28mm

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one GW Ork Mek for November!

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath these 7 metal Relicblade minis from the Storms of Kural box set.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for November:

1 Cad Bane from FFG's Star Wars Legion and 1 Master of Possession from Games Workshop's WH40K

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Jack Burton in the closest rendition I could get of his Fu Manchu shirt. Challenge is the shirt, also claiming Rescue Ranger per the oath post.

A set of Regimental Advisors supporting the Imperial Army. Claiming the Daily Double for the Astropath on the left with his Shiny (Feb) staff and Blended (May) cloak.

Notrek and Faulix looking for adventure in the frozen city.

A pair of notable Heroes for a fledgling SPQR Gaul warband.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in November!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

This is ambitious and later than I like but,

I, moths, oath:
7x Pz35(t)
3x Pz III N
3x Pz IV G
2x Stuka 87 D

for November

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

November Oath Complete - claiming Make Your Mark for the freehand squid tentacle on the turban guy's shield (It's one of the symbols from the game). i also freehanded some patterns on the tiles on their bases.

Thanks Electric Hobo and Dr. Gargunza for the September awards!