Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Endbuster posted:

Don't make me put the diesel in it :getin:

But good lap man, your FJ has a ton of power, it pulls on me like crazy. EDIT: yee haw I have the fastest Jimmy NA. Neat.

I just edged you out again but I think I'm at my limit without switching to manual, I tried your Jimmy tune out and its very good. If you can make it even better with the diesel swap it will be absolutely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

azflyboy posted:

Has anyone found good spots to farm skill points with off-road vehicles? I remember in Horizon 4, you could just make loops up and down a beach with some sand dunes to rack up easy skill combos, but I haven't run across anything like that in FH5 yet

The dunes on the west edge of the map along with the areas around them where they start to transition into other biomes are fantastic for generating offroad points. Get a car and tune it for rally driving and you’ll be drowning in jumping and drifting points before you know it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just got the Doom song as a horn so I feel I just won the game.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hi or low?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

gently caress SNEEP posted:

A Goon Forza discord for Horizon/Motorsport would be a real good idea

https://discord.gg/VgNMbRvh

Just made this now. Will be making some roles within the day, etc.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So now that it's been out for a bit: anyone picked up on hot, steamy tips and settings for running this with a wheel. I'm perfectly happy with the default settings, but I'm sure there might be tweaks and such to do.

Especially interested in stuff that might help with drifting, as that is now my giant to kill.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So I discovered that when a skill song plays, your character dances and bops to the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvaO-U29eYo
(I forgot i had music turned down when I recorded this)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

GolfHole posted:

Oh boy! I found the map editor.

172 463 968 for a spooky time.
You shouldn't have hit so many cacti!

Wait how do I load this code please?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
stop
calling
me
superstar

:mad:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Convex posted:

stop
calling
me
superstar

how so superstar

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Convex posted:

stop
calling
me
superstar

Hey mister superstar... I'll do anyhting for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEWmaL4U1s

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

AirRaid posted:

So I discovered that when a skill song plays, your character dances and bops to the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvaO-U29eYo
(I forgot i had music turned down when I recorded this)

It used to do this in FH4 too and when playing with others you can see them dance in their car if they have a skillsong going, it's pretty funny.

azflyboy posted:

Has anyone found good spots to farm skill points with off-road vehicles? I remember in Horizon 4, you could just make loops up and down a beach with some sand dunes to rack up easy skill combos, but I haven't run across anything like that in FH5 yet

Just to the east of the stadium there is an area with vegetation, small trees and fences that you can just spin around on forever to rack up the skillpoints. All it lacks are jumps, haven't found a similar place to the beach yet though, that place was crazy easy to rack up scores at.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 14, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want to see a TV show about what happens after the festival packs up and leaves. Those communities have been devastated. It's like if the olympics flattened a whole city rather than a designated area.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

It used to do this in FH4 too and when playing with others you can see them dance in their car if they have a skillsong going, it's pretty funny.

Just to the east of the stadium there is an area with vegetation, small trees and fences that you can just spin around on forever to rack up the skillpoints. All it lacks are jumps, haven't found a similar place to the beach yet though, that place was crazy easy to rack up scores at.

The actual beach to the west of the dunes is decent, lots of small hilly bits you can kangaroo off pretty well, it lacks a ton of wreckage items tho.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

AirRaid posted:

The actual beach to the west of the dunes is decent, lots of small hilly bits you can kangaroo off pretty well, it lacks a ton of wreckage items tho.

You need stuff to wreck because that what gives you the most points as it combos with a lot of different stuff. But the best is jumps + wrecking of course.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I had to use the Forza Edition Mercedes racing truck for the Horizon Tour event and that is a very funny vehicle with how effective it is in stock tune at A800. It feels so much better than the Unimog tuned up to A800.

The 2 5K bonus boards on the highway - the powerline board and the board that is stationed on top of the highway bridge supports - are very annoying to get.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Godzilla07 posted:

I had to use the Forza Edition Mercedes racing truck for the Horizon Tour event and that is a very funny vehicle with how effective it is in stock tune at A800. It feels so much better than the Unimog tuned up to A800.

The 2 5K bonus boards on the highway - the powerline board and the board that is stationed on top of the highway bridge supports - are very annoying to get.

The one on the highway bridge supports is actually really easy to get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFbSS2oumTo

Use a rally car and it's even easier.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

how so superstar

i thought getting into the hall of fame would be the end of it. it was just the beginning

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Convex posted:

i thought getting into the hall of fame would be the end of it. it was just the beginning

Youre part of the family now :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Control Volume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Dumb question, how do I get into the Hall of Fame? I noticed I needed it for a seasonal thing

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If anyone is having stutter issues:

Setting the process priority to real time in task manager eliminated nearly all of the stutters and sub-60 drops I have been having when environment texture quality and environment geometry quality were set to anything above high. Etreme preset@4k + FXAA.

Gotta do it every time you launch the game but that is a small price to pay for a smooth 60.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Control Volume posted:

I think you mean familia!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

If anyone is having stutter issues:

Setting the process priority to real time in task manager eliminated nearly all of the stutters and sub-60 drops I have been having when environment texture quality and environment geometry quality were set to anything above high. Etreme preset@4k + FXAA.

Gotta do it every time you launch the game but that is a small price to pay for a smooth 60.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Dumb question, how do I get into the Hall of Fame? I noticed I needed it for a seasonal thing

just get more accolades after unlocking all the showcase events

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I got into the Hall of Fame before I finished the Street Rracing storyline, and I think this wasn't supposed to happen (because you get insulted that you aren't a HoFer yet)

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Stelio Kontos posted:

Is there a way to have Spotify playing but still be able to hear the actual sound effects and engine noises and such at an audible level? The music is way louder than everything else, the sound effects are still there but barely audible. Tried messing around with the audio toggles but nothing seems to fix it.

E: series x, if that matters/helps

Put the RADIO slider to 0 in the Forza settings then open up Spotify on your Xbox, choose your playlist and switch back to Forza. Sometimes I can just open Spotify from my phone and choose my One X for the device to play through, but that doesn’t always work for me. Regardless once you’ve got Spotify playing you can control the volume level in game with your phone volume controls.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It’s an accolade point threshold. Once you have enough point to unlock all the chapters, it counts up to HoF entry. Then it keeps counting.

IMO the HoF threshold is way too low. It doesn’t check if you’ve unlocked chapters or completed anything. I hardly did any of the story stuff and hadn’t unlocked half of the chapters or even all of the outposts before I was in the hall of fame. Mostly I got there by arsing about in the open world and doing PR stunts.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm pretty happy with my rubber ducky horn :allears:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I just got the Hoonicorn from the seasonal championship and hooooly poo poo this car is insane, even by Hoonigan standards

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hi5 and welcome to the cool kids' crew

E1M1 (Hi) was my first horn and I see no reason to get any others

(e) note to self look for DOOM-y vinyls next time i open the game

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

Requested an invite to GRCC, gamertag NoSoapInTheJohn

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What are the advantages of joining GRCC? This is my first forza game and I feel like I barely scratched the surface of all the things you can do in the game.

Such as: how do you actually honk?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ciaphas posted:

hi5 and welcome to the cool kids' crew

E1M1 (Hi) was my first horn and I see no reason to get any others

(e) note to self look for DOOM-y vinyls next time i open the game

I just got E1M1 (low) and now I have both, and frankly it's sad, because I know there's folks out there that haven't even gotten one of them yet. :smith:

shut up blegum posted:

What are the advantages of joining GRCC? This is my first forza game and I feel like I barely scratched the surface of all the things you can do in the game.

Such as: how do you actually honk?

Best thing about GRCC besides being in a fun community is getting goons onto the game's various leaderboards, since I only have a handful of people on my friend's list that actually play forza. As far as honking, default is clicking right stick, but if you're not a manual w/ clutch driver I highly recommend rebinding horn to LB.

Ended up taking a danger sign at the same time as a rando, and it uh, didn't work out quite as well for them.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 14, 2021

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I just had a massive headslap moment. I've been doing jumps and billboards for god knows how long, and the whole time I thought how annoying it is to do the drive back to the starting point all the time, completely forgetting that these games have the rewind function. So much time lost lol

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

GhostDog posted:

I just had a massive headslap moment. I've been doing jumps and billboards for god knows how long, and the whole time I thought how annoying it is to do the drive back to the starting point all the time, completely forgetting that these games have the rewind function. So much time lost lol

oh... yea i knew this, ahem, sure...
dammit

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GhostDog posted:

....gently caress

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Convex posted:

Wait how do I load this code please?

I don't know! I think you put it in Online > Horizon Super 7 > Enter Code.
It's called "Revenge of the Cactus".

But thanks for trying anyway :)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

When they're gone, you'll miss them. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

shut up blegum posted:

What are the advantages of joining GRCC?

It means you'll get to race chicken suited drivatars with anime paintjobs, see your Ferrari beaten on a straight by a van, and get your dreams crushed as every single new record of yours will be put into context of the GRCC leaderboards and shown up as an amateur effort by Cubivore & Co. It's pretty awesome!