Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my favourite line-read in any game ever is near the start of Dark Messiah where the evil wizard man says "Impale him, Sareth" but he pronounces "Impale" as "Impall"

HEY PAL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my favourite line-read in any game ever is near the start of Dark Messiah where the evil wizard man says "Impale him, Sareth" but he pronounces "Impale" as "Impall"

Dark Messiah has some awesome voice acting. Whoever plays Xana was having a great time

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has anyone ever tried to make custom sprites in the style of Doom 64 for the missing monsters? It would be cool to see 64 versions of revenants and archviles.

Yes, although it doesn’t appear to have been released and skipping to the end of the thread I’m not sure WTF happened

There was also another guy working on at least the Revenant

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has anyone ever tried to make custom sprites in the style of Doom 64 for the missing monsters? It would be cool to see 64 versions of revenants and archviles.
I think I've seen either a Revenant or Archvile attempt a few years ago. Dunno if it got finished or not, but it didn't look out-of-place, which is a huge achievement.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

skasion posted:

Dark Messiah has some awesome voice acting. Whoever plays Xana was having a great time

it's funny when compared to the protagonist, who sounds like some random nerd intern they pulled out of the hall

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

david_a posted:

Yes, although it doesn’t appear to have been released and skipping to the end of the thread I’m not sure WTF happened

Sweet. Those actually look pretty good. I'd love to see them in game someday.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think a good Pain Elemental replacement would be the actual D64 Cacodemon. Just make a new D64 cacodemon.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

david_a posted:

That looks great, but now I'm imagining it with a typical Doom64 echo-y grunt instead of a high pitched scream and now I'm sad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

david_a posted:

nice, a creepy little penis

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dude's just trying to be like the Spiders and hang a little brain.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Convex posted:

literally taken out of the GTA rereleases that dropped today :v:

wow that is loving ultra stupid

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Speaking of Dark Messiah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGyVojEh8wk

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

david_a posted:

The author of this one jumps around from project to project constantly, and not all of them get released. Which is a real shame, because their D64 rev is basically pitch-perfect.

https://twitter.com/DrPyspy/status/955206129755148288

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Big news for Blood:
https://twitter.com/spill_eviction/status/1458995583918743553

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Holt
poo poo

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Oh, this is great! If something like Death Wish could be made without an actual level editor, imagine all the things that will be possible now. Maybe even additional enemies, weapon rebalances etc.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Brutal Doom 64 has a Spider Mastermind that looks cheesy as hell, but I kinda like it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_u2XmROA18

It also uses edits of Blood monsters (Tchernobog for the Revenant, Cerberus for the Hellhound) which actually kind of fits aesthetically, but still feels jarring when you know those sprites from Blood.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Well I'm excited to check out Blood mapping. That's loving cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How was the Death Wish dude making levels?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

SeANMcBAY posted:

How was the Death Wish dude making levels?

Same way anyone else did, the original DOS editor.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

So the current mapsets are built the same way I was making levels back when my dad told me princess Di was dead? :stonk:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Convex posted:

So the current mapsets are built the same way I was making levels back when my dad told me princess Di was dead? :stonk:
That's how Death Wish is doing it. Mapsets targeting nBlood's expanded limits have used a hacked version released about a year ago called XMAPEDIT that fixes bugs and adds extra features, but was still stuck in DOS world. This Windows editor is based on that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

That's how Death Wish is doing it. Mapsets targeting nBlood's expanded limits have used a hacked version released about a year ago called XMAPEDIT that fixes bugs and adds extra features, but was still stuck in DOS world. This Windows editor is based on that.

Can we get Bloatoid a knighthood or something? Good lord

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

david_a posted:

Where are the bicycle shorts??

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rocket Pan posted:

Same way anyone else did, the original DOS editor.

That’s incredibly impressive.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Kins posted:

HOLYSHIT.BAT

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I was doing a co-op session on Serious Sam HD TFE and for some dumb reason even though my PC can definitely handle it I was getting frame drops everywhere even when I turned settings down. Is there a fix for it?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hmmm, sounds like the full Bright Memory game is still pretty short.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's a few hours long as I understand - short by modern AAA titles but totally in line with a game I paid five dollars for alongside another hour long game months ago

It's also incredibly fun so far, a little over an hour in. Pulling off crazy chains of dodges, slides and wall runs interspliced with blocks, melee dashes, bursts of weapon fire, force powers... it's all so fluid and satisfying. It's also punishing if you screw up or don't exploit your whole toolkit, I'm probably getting KO'd more in this game than any other single player shooter in years. I made it to the Cyberdemon fight in Eternal without knowing what the game over screen looked like but like a third of the encounters in BM:I are putting me in the dirt.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mmm things aren't exactly how I remember them...

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 13, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anyone interested in doing a playthrough of FEAR 3 with me? (Steam version.)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyone interested in doing a playthrough of FEAR 3 with me? (Steam version.)
Sure send a friend request on steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/cardboardbox/

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Serious Sam issue is fixed, TSE HD runs at a better frame rate and you can play first encounter in it, probably that Fusion thing or whatever

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what fix

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

site posted:

what fix
Weird frame drops in First Encounter HD. Seems like it uses an older version of the engine or something.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Mmm things aren't exactly how I remember them...

Wait, is this Bloom or just a Blood texture/weapon pack?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Wait, is this Bloom or just a Blood texture/weapon pack?

Bloom.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New update from Lucius on Force Engine:

quote:

High resolution and widescreen support is now working. The following video shows high-resolution support that updates the rendered view as you change it in the UI, widescreen support, HUD adjustment, and color correction. I "LASKIP" through a couple of levels to show what they look like in high resolution and widescreen and compare to 320x200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unE7wt3ZcH0

The next feature for the "Core Game Loop" release is public mod support. Once that is finished, I will consider the milestone done - though there are still some bugs - and I will move on to the next milestone: cutscenes, mission briefings, and in-game UI (mainly the PDA).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Wow. I'm so glad they thought things through and didn't give up

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I have never played Dark Forces so I'm really excited for this, I hope they're able to hammer out the stuff that's still left to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
booted the new build up for a few seconds just to take a peek and it sure looks good in 1080p