Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Woodchip posted:

Let the Thanksgiving stories flow.

My boyfriend (31M) just thought to mentioned that he’s decided to travel with his friends for Thanksgiving, leaving me (31F) to scramble last minute plans.

I can surface level empathize with being caught off guard on holiday plans, but I would be so happy not to have to do anything for Thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Woodchip posted:

My boyfriend (34m) says there will be serious consequences if I (36f) cancel an early Thanksgiving dinner with his friends because of my severe anxiety

Why exactly did she agree to pay for all of their hotel rooms, again...?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i tried to get out of family holiday plans by scheduling extensive surgery but they're like "we'll just bring celebrations forward a week!!"
bastards

AITA for banning SIL from my house when I am hosting Thanksgiving this year, because she embarrassed me at my housewarming party?

quote:

My MIL and I do not get along, but I'm really proud to say we called a cease fire for the sake of my husband. I know this might sound childish but it took blood sweat and tears for us to even be in the same room.

MIL did some awful things to me and it took work to forgive her. I did some things I'm not proud of, but at some point I realized I was just hurting my husband. MIL was an absolute monster at our wedding. she made planning a nightmare, she embarrassed me at my bridal shower, and she wore something that could have passed for a wedding gown.

Right after the wedding we had a financial setback and had to stay with MIL. i know this is petty and not defending it, but I was still pissed about the wedding. MIL was having some guy over and demanded we hide ourselves away. She really really liked this guy, cooked a fancy dinner, and spent like an hour getting dressed, so I hosed with the dinner she cooked and poured flour on her when the doorbell rang. Again I'm not defending it right now but we were in this awful war mindset.

Yeah MIL kicked us out of the house for that stunt, and eventually I grew up and reached out to make peace. That was two years ago and MIL is still with him and they are getting married in January. I've apologized to her. She is never going to apologize to me, but we've made our peace.

We bought our first house recently and had a large dinner party. Also I'm hosting thanksgiving this year. MIL said I can have it because it's the worst holiday, but hey it's a start. Everyone knows how excited I am about finally having a house to host in.

At the dinner party MIL was getting a lot of attention for being engaged and people wanting wedding details, and SIL decided to give a toast about how she knew her future stepfather was the right guy because he stuck around after that incident (and she told everyone about it in detail) and he calmed MIL down and made her dinner while she washed the flour off. I get SIL's point but it was humiliating. also it paints an unfair picture because she left out all the poo poo MIL has done to me.

Most of my guests were horrified. this was supposed to be a nice adult evening and she is bringing up how immature I was right out of college. MIL laughed. FIL laughed because he is her ex and loves the flour story, but everyone else was in shock and it made the vibe really weird. I called SIL out after the party and she laughed and said it was a funny story. I told her it was humiliating and she said well it was true.

I said as of right now she is banned from the house because she disrespected me in my own house. This means thanksgiving since it is coming up. MIL asked me to reconsider because "well you did do that" and because SIL doesn't have anyone else to spend Thanksgiving with. I stood firm and now MIL is saying she will stay home and cook for SIL. My husband is mad at his mom for picking SIL, but said he will back me. SIL swears she was just kidding and I'm overreacting.

OP, how long ago was this flour incident?

quote:

I was 21 and am now 23

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Barudak posted:

The only thing I don't get is I would 100% want a paternity test in that case as the mom because I'm getting a divorce and I'm getting child support, gently caress you from the top rope.

The thing I get from Reddit posts is that a lot of single moms don't go after child support. I can't comprehend that personally, but I see it time and time again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mx. posted:

i tried to get out of family holiday plans by scheduling extensive surgery but they're like "we'll just bring celebrations forward a week!!"
bastards

Announcing it ahead of time is a total chump move, you played yourself :(

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Hughlander posted:

The thing I get from Reddit posts is that a lot of single moms don't go after child support. I can't comprehend that personally, but I see it time and time again.

What's often at play is, say the mother is owed $1000 a month in child support but doesn't get it. Oftimes, if she's split from the father, who's enough of a deadbeat to not pay child support, he's not providing for her either through alimony, either formally or because the two never married. The point is, if she's stuck caring for the children all day and can't afford childcare so has to provide it herself and can't work, she is likely to be on welfare.

Child support isn't paid directly from father to mother (this isn't reddit, so let's just play the odds and for simplicity's sake say the payer is the father and the payee is the mother, as is the case 99% of the time). The father gives child support to the government, who takes a percentage as administration charge/ convenience fee/ processing tax/ gently caress you extra, etc, and gives the mother what's left. Additional problems arise when the mother is on welfare. Depending on where the mother lives, the government sometimes says "we went out and got the child support from Mr. X, why should we give any of it to you?" and deducts the amount the mother is drawing in welfare from the child support payment. Let's say welfare is $200/month, so now the mother's only getting $800 minus fees.

If the dad doesn't pay/pays late for enough months in a row, especially if he's on probation for unrelated criminal behavior, there's a possibility he could be jailed for deadbeatery, in which case he won't generate any income at all and will not be able to pay the mother any child support even if he wants to. This is one reason mothers may choose not to report deadbeat fathers to the cops (in addition to general the general principle of Never Talk to Police that working class people, esp nonwhites know for general continued existence. If the mother has any kind of criminal history, she may also want to avoid making herself a target for police.)

If one way or another the law does find out the father hasn't paid child support however many times triggers a warrant for his arrest, it's common for cops to harass the mother to tell them his whereabouts so they don't have to do their job and go actually look for him. Even when she does not know his whereabouts and wants to comply but can't because he's skipped town, it's common for them to withhold welfare benefits for being uncooperative (in addition to whatever other standard cop behavior they engage in while they're there).

If the mother is staying with in-laws, as is often the case, they may also exert pressure on her to not report her deadbeat ex or they'll throw her and her kid(s) out on the street.

In addition to these things, the mother may know the father is unemployed, has no money to draw on, and is not going to pay with or without the threat of imprisonment, so all the $500 fine and 6 month sentence would do is piss him off, putting her and her children in danger, a likely fear if they split up for domestic abuse reasons, so she may consider it not worth it. For these and other reasons, many mothers find it preferable to just accept under the table cash payments whenever the father feels like it rather than going through the normal child support process.

WIBTA if I asked the people in my dance class to be quiet?

quote:

I (21 NB) am autistic and have sound-related sensory issues that come with it, particularly people talking in class. It bothered me during class in school when people were talking and laughing instead of concentrating and it still bothers me now in dance classes when people talk and don’t pay attention.

In the musical theatre class in my university dance club, we’ve been doing a dance to Candy Store from Heathers, which pleased me as musicals are one of my special interests and Heathers is one of my favourites. The dance is a ton of fun and I normally look forward to it every week.

Only this week it was less about going over choreo and instead dedicated to putting us all into our formations. Which would be fine, except that the people behind me WOULDN’T STOP loving TALKING AND LAUGHING when they couldn’t get into their places even though they could probably do it better if they concentrated more and took it seriously.

I ended up spending the whole class stimming and covering my ears and trying not to have a meltdown from the unregulated chaos. My voice clammed up and I couldn’t speak when someone tried to approach me and it made it harder to dance the full choreo whenever we had to because their voices behind me felt like spiders crawling over my shoulders (and also the fact that I was feeling a bit faint from all the heavy breathing I was doing to try and calm myself down.) the teachers didn’t seem to notice any of this as they were managing formations at the front of the room and I’d been placed further back.

Past experience has taught me that people don’t take kindly to being told to be quiet. It’s the laughter that gets to me the most, the silly, loud laughter that they can’t seem to keep in. I hate admitting that because it makes me sound like a Scrooge type that hates joy and merriment. Moreover, I hate asking people for things. I am the friend that walks on the grass when there’s not enough room on the path, the kind that would sooner walk in a marsh than inconvenience other people by having them move for me. I don’t want people to dislike me, I don’t want them to not have fun in the class with their friends, but I don’t want my favourite class to be ruined by sensory overload.

WIBTA if I told them to stop talking?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

Past experience has taught me that people don’t take kindly to being told to be quiet.

Lmao

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Woodchip posted:

Let the Thanksgiving stories flow.

My boyfriend (31M) just thought to mentioned that he’s decided to travel with his friends for Thanksgiving, leaving me (31F) to scramble last minute plans.

\\

My boyfriend (34m) says there will be serious consequences if I (36f) cancel an early Thanksgiving dinner with his friends because of my severe anxiety

What happens if an American spends Thanksgiving alone? Do they die?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PancakeTransmission posted:

What happens if an American spends Thanksgiving alone? Do they die?

On thanksgiving night the Redcoat has enough power it can once again walk the land and try to capture separated americans and force them to return to subjugation under the crown, so americans have to consume a meal consisting entirely of foodstuffs from their new homeland to make them too poisonous to touch

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Talking amongst yourselves to the point where other people can't hear instructions is a huge problem and it loving sucks. It happened all the time when I was in marching band and we got soooo many extra laps.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

<child support stuff>

There's also the "If I go after him for child support he's going to stay involved in my life and gently caress with me" kind of ex-partner. Seeking partial custody arrangements, challenging medical/educational decisions, that kind of thing. Not because they really care what happens to the child, but because they know it's a giant pain in the rear end for the mother to have to deal with and they want revenge for having to pay child support.

I know several single mothers who would happily trade away getting child support if it meant that their ex would gently caress off forever.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

packetmantis posted:

Talking amongst yourselves to the point where other people can't hear instructions is a huge problem and it loving sucks. It happened all the time when I was in marching band and we got soooo many extra laps.

What are your opinions about the Michigan and Ohio State marching bands?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Announcing it ahead of time is a total chump move, you played yourself :(

utterly correct

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Khizan posted:

There's also the "If I go after him for child support he's going to stay involved in my life and gently caress with me" kind of ex-partner. Seeking partial custody arrangements, challenging medical/educational decisions, that kind of thing. Not because they really care what happens to the child, but because they know it's a giant pain in the rear end for the mother to have to deal with and they want revenge for having to pay child support.

I know several single mothers who would happily trade away getting child support if it meant that their ex would gently caress off forever.

Yes, that is another reason why they might not pursue child support, good point.

AITA for leaving a scathing review of a local restaurant because I didn't ask for a price?

quote:

My wife and I went to dinner the other night at a local restaurant we had only been to once before for lunch.

The menu was super typical American, totally average priced - $11-14 a plate. The waitress came around and said they have an off menu steak special, New York Strip, which my wife thought sounded good, so she ordered.

Now here is the part where I'm not sure if IATA - We did not ask how much the special was. The food came out and it was mediocre at best, I would compare the steak to what you might find at some cheap average restaurant like Fridays - just a really plain poor attempt at a not-great cut.

When the bill came, we were both blown away to see that they had charged $46 dollars for the steak special. I personally felt like it was just a really scammy business tactic, to hammer people who were silly enough to order the "special" without asking the price. For comparison, a filet mignon from maybe the fanciest and best restaurant in our town is about $40 - even comparing to something from a more well known steak joint like Ruth Chris is like $50.

So I left a scathing review of the place on Google - complaining what a scumbag business practice it was. The owner replied with a long drawn out thing arguing that it was justified (in the owners reply, he was listing prices for all we spent and lumped my meal and the "special" together - another reason I felt like this dude is scamming people).

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe IATA for not price checking before ordering.

Thoughts?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for leaving a scathing review of a local restaurant because I didn't ask for a price?

This one has boomer energy, but I'd be pissed off too. The again, my millennial rear end would never dare order something without knowing the price. A true moral quandry.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Bug Squash posted:

This one has boomer energy, but I'd be pissed off too. The again, my millennial rear end would never dare order something without knowing the price. A true moral quandry.

The owner responding with anything but the boiler plate "sorry about your experience please contact us" is pretty damning.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for making wine on my farm when my husband is a recovering alcoholic?

quote:

Ok so I (25m) moved to where I currently live about six years ago. I met my now-husband "Shane" (35m) in the local saloon and we hit it off after a little bit of a bumpy start... We always used to like drinking together, but Shane eventually figured out it was a really unhealthy habit for him and led to some really nasty poo poo in his personal life (not to get into it, but I had to take him to the hospital a couple of times and his goddaughter has had to see him drunk more than that). So he quit drinking. I was really proud of him and I've always supported him; we hang out at home or out in nature instead of at the bars these days and he seems happy.

Now here's the part where I might be the AH. My farm (I inherited it from my deceased grandfather and had to basically renovate it myself) has been doing really well lately and I thought it would be a great use of my fruit crops to start making and selling wine. I even have a wine cellar where I can age it for months. But some of the people in town have suggested I'm not doing right by Shane by brewing alcohol on the farm when he no longer drinks. I moved everything outside to a shed and I never drink any around him, but still, it's a big part of my farm's production now.

So AITA?

Post from r/StardewValley

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Friends and I went to a Cajun restaurant because they had an "X, y, and z for $15" ad on their Facebook page so of course we each ordered the Cajun boil with X y z. Get the bill, it's loving outrageous and the waiter explains to us it's $15 for X or y or z. Manager gets involved, friend is having none of it and we're clearly showing them the ad on their own social media that there's no unambiguous language involved. I've never felt like more of an rear end hole pulling that but at the same time we weren't wrong and Jesus christ eat the 10 to 20 dollars so morons like me continue to buy overpriced lovely food from you in the future

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

What are your opinions about the Michigan and Ohio State marching bands?

I don't know that I have an opinion at all, why do you ask?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Isn’t the rule for specials half as much again on top of the normal mains pricing?

Like if you want to try a dish out or there’s something in season, and you’re charging £25-30 for mains or pricing your steak at £9-10/100g, then a specials board that goes to £45 is well within what people could expect but you’re still poo poo for not pricing it. If you’re normally charging £15, people will expect £22-25?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

how about something nice for a change

I(13m) am thinking about coming out to my dad(35m) advice?

quote:

I've been thinking about telling him for a while and think he'll be ok with it. He might even know already, the other night we were watching something and 2 guys kissed. It had been building up on the show and I got choked up because I want a bf plus really am crushing hard on a boy. When my dad noticed he put an arm around me and just hugged me. He didn't say anything but we were still watching the show and he never talks till after.

When it was over he asked if I was ok and gave me another hug then I went to bed. So do you think he knows? If not should I come out or wait a bit more?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Mx. posted:

how about something nice for a change

I(13m) am thinking about coming out to my dad(35m) advice?

Awww. This one is good.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

That’s adorable

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mx. posted:

b]I(13m) am thinking about coming out to my dad(35m) advice?[/b]
:allears: Precious.

Invisible Clergy posted:

WIBTA if I asked the people in my dance class to be quiet?
One autistic to another dude-- no one really gives a gently caress about slowing the environment down to match your pace. That's why autism is considered a disorder. Most theatre kids thrive on the idiot chaos energy you described. Theatre just isn't for you like that, and twisting anyone's arms to make it that way is just going to get everyone to resent you. "But that loving sucks." Yeah. We know. You're gonna have to get used to that.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Isn’t the rule for specials half as much again on top of the normal mains pricing?
In many cases, it's not even that much - the specials are often similar to the highest price on the menu (maybe a couple bucks more) and even being "50% more than anything else" would be kind of excessive. So in OP's example, if the prices are all $11-$14, I'd guess the steak would like $17 or so, with $20 as the absolute max. And if it came back as triple the price, I'd be pissed too.

kazr posted:

The owner responding with anything but the boiler plate "sorry about your experience please contact us" is pretty damning.
:agreed: I appreciate when owners reply with angry screeds because it immediately confirms that OP's side of the story is more or less correct.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You complain everywhere you go.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

packetmantis posted:

I don't know that I have an opinion at all, why do you ask?

All the friends I have that have been in marching bands have strong opinions about college bands and the DCI, that's all.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

MagusofStars posted:

In many cases, it's not even that much - the specials are often similar to the highest price on the menu (maybe a couple bucks more) and even being "50% more than anything else" would be kind of excessive. So in OP's example, if the prices are all $11-$14, I'd guess the steak would like $17 or so, with $20 as the absolute max. And if it came back as triple the price, I'd be pissed too.

:agreed: I appreciate when owners reply with angry screeds because it immediately confirms that OP's side of the story is more or less correct.

yeah, I had a similar experience with a sandwich place out here, I'd always gotten good treatment at other locations but when I ordered "as much bacon as possible" I got two slices. Left a 2/5 review and the owner basically quoted the menu at me, and I felt 100% vindicated.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yyyyowza.
My (25M) girlfriend (27F) never stops talking about marriage even though I told her I'm not ready yet and I don't know what to do about it.

Wow, what and idiot. Ita been 4 years and you're not in phd or professional schooling. What the gently caress?

Credulous Skeptic
Oct 31, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Because a lot of those lovely fathers are also lovely, abusive people.

Being a single mother in this garbage culture is hard enough, but sometimes it's better to struggle alone than open yourself - and your child - to the hosed-up manipulative abuse of the father and/or his family.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hughlander posted:

AITA for embarrassing my ex-husband in front of his employees?

Sure I accused you of cheating, divorced you, and left you as a single parent without any child support, but have you considered :decorum:?

IANAL but iirc He would have had to pay child support since they were married when the kid was born he probably didn’t get visitation because he didn’t press for it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

whether a court orders child support has 0% to do with whether the mother asks for or wants it and 100% to do with whether the child needs it. it’s not the mother’s money, it’s the child’s.

now if a mother doesn’t want to pursue her ex for child support owed (for the valid reasons listed upthread) then he can just not pay it, but he’ll still owe lots of back child support if she changes her mind

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

Like if you want to try a dish out or there’s something in season, and you’re charging £25-30 for mains or pricing your steak at £9-10/100g, then a specials board that goes to £45 is well within what people could expect but you’re still poo poo for not pricing it. If you’re normally charging £15, people will expect £22-25?

At the tier of restaurant they're talking about, not really. Those places' specials are more likely to be "gently caress we need to get rid of some ______" or "we got a one time cheap shipment of _______" and generally aren't a big upcharge.

On the other hand, there is a difference between "this is an $11-14 a plate restaurant" vs. "this restaurant has food for $11-14 a plate." It's entirely possible the restaurant normally sells $30-40 steak dinners but OP just zeroed in on the cheap stuff they sell to picky eaters and broke kids, especially since they say they've only eaten lunch there before.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not having sympathy for my wife when my in laws found out my parents are still married?

quote:

I absolutely love my wife and am pretty much no contact with my parents due to my mom speaking poorly of my wife, attempting to hijack our wedding, and being passive aggressive. My dad is kind of useless and admits he only had me to make my mom happy, and since I'm not currently making her happy he has no use of me. My mom is a spoiled princess to the 1000th degree and my dad likes it that way.

We see them maybe once or twice a year at a holiday dinner. my wife hates my mom for her general bullshit, but mostly for pulling the princess act at our wedding. My mom had an anniversary party in the white dress I wouldn't let her wear to the wedding if anyone needs proof of how crazy she is. She literally just made it cocktail length so she could have her weird wedding dress fantasy.

My wife has been telling people who don't know my parents that they split up after the wedding due to my dad's cheating, which is all made up, but I figured hey if it's helping her cope, cool. The story has spiraled into my dad left my mom for a younger woman and screwed her in court (hasn't worked a day in her life) and my mom had to move into a little bug infested apartment and take a job at a fast food place.

Last night we had dinner with my in laws and my parents walked in, holding hands, and I saw my wife's eyes pop out of her head. My mom ended up saying hi to us and my MIL, who is a bit nosy asked if they were getting back together and my mom was obviously confused. My MIL tried to change the subject, but my mom wouldn't drop it, so the whole life ended up coming out. My mom was furious about the fast food part and called my wife a bitch and uninvited us from Christmas, no loss there.

My wife was so humiliated she was in tears. I tried really hard not to laugh but some laughter came out. The rest of dinner was awkward and when we got home I told my wife that I feel bad she was embarrassed, but that was the risk she took when she lied. I went to bed and didn't comfort her though she was upset.

Today my brother's wife who is my wife's best friend called me and told me I was an rear end in a top hat and I should have comforted her, because she says I don't get how humiliated my wife was and I made her feel like it was her fault. She said it goes deeper than i get and it bothers them both that that didn't happen to my mom and they feel powerless. She said I really hosed up. I did apologize and cook her a nice dinner tonight, but she is still very emotional over getting caught and her parents laughing at her, which maybe makes it worse that I asked.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not having sympathy for my wife when my in laws found out my parents are still married?

I generally think the old canard that men seek out women who remind them of their mother to marry is trading in sexist stereotypes, but I will admit that it does happen sometimes.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I camt believe ahe was made to feel at fault for the things she did

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Azuth0667 posted:

Wow, what and idiot. Ita been 4 years and you're not in phd or professional schooling. What the gently caress?

But what about the life plan he drew up when he was 19 :ohdear:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
*breaks leg*

poo poo that wasn't in my plan! I'm hosed!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Weren't there goons in the very last iteration of the thread trying to defend the whole "not showing the prices is ~fine dining~, you plebians :lofty:" bullshit?

Soylent Pudding posted:

No you are not the rear end in a top hat. Wife hosed around and found out. This is the consequences of her own drat actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

Today my brother's wife who is my wife's best friend called me and told me I was an rear end in a top hat and I should have comforted her, because she says I don't get how humiliated my wife was and I made her feel like it was her fault. She said it goes deeper than i get and it bothers them both that that didn't happen to my mom and they feel powerless.

1. gently caress about
2. oh no what is happening?