Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna use it to play VNs
i've been doing VNs on Switch through Gamefly rentals... i've played root film that way and i have bustafellows, root double and road 96 (not quite a VN but a story game regardless) in the early section of my queue coming up

only problem is their stock on VNs is kinda low (root double is listed as "very low") so there's a chance i have to wait on a couple of them, or they eventually pull the game. i had etrian odyssey V on my queue and just in the past week or so they've removed the game from the store (3DS is probably being phased out in general there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mine is almost totally going to be an emulation machine with the ability to more simply hook it up to my tv

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I started working on this wonky idea in 2007 and for the last couple weeks I've been implementing it into spreadsheet form.

Eventually this will become a kind of card game with simple mechanics and the gimmick that there are more race/class combinations than there are atoms in the solar system.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

credburn posted:

I started working on this wonky idea in 2007 and for the last couple weeks I've been implementing it into spreadsheet form.

Eventually this will become a kind of card game with simple mechanics and the gimmick that there are more race/class combinations than there are atoms in the solar system.

I'll pick human male warrior

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll pick human male warrior

Don't have descriptions for everything, yet.

The table refers to dice rolls, a single D6 to determine most things.

I guess if anyone wants to gently caress around with it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-QyEgRajG0DH5WhnSTgbKbO0Be5DkVZeGyxo5h6AZs/edit?usp=sharing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Steam deck is the only handheld that will play dark souls 2 and sekiro. That is a win in my book.

vita already does that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

haveblue posted:

why doesn't valve* simply duplicate the work of apple**

*$10 billion

**$2500 billion

this is like saying no one else could make a device with a touchscreen because apple made one and has more money

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

this is like saying no one else could make a device with a touchscreen because apple made one and has more money

Oh yeah well let's see you make one :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fofkE6sBoZA

NFT Self-owns are the highlight of this month. Thanks Biden!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
What non-Steam programs are people using to play games from a remote PC these days? I've been trying to use Steam's streaming to play some itch.io games added manually to my library, and sometimes it works, but other times it really doesn't, and Windows Remote Desktop has so much interface lag that it hurts the experience. If it matters, both machines are on the same LAN, and both are using wired connections.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh drat Otogi 1 and 2 are now backwards compatible on the Xbox, Guess I know what I’m doing later

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Stux posted:

apple doesnt make touchscreens they buy them like everyone else.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

apple doesnt make touchscreens they buy them like everyone else.

what is wthe word "make" referring to in my post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just inasne takes generally, the x86 part of the m1 isnt the expensive part, the expensive part is a completely self designed and exceptionally powerful chip. no idea why you think "add the x86 memory ordering to an arm soc" also means making something equal in power to an m1 when the steam deck is already way slower with its x86 chip. they already got a manufactuer to custom design and produce them a chip!! theyre already doing it!!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Apple tablets are literally, by every metric, worst then samsung tablets. So it doesn't even work like, just by saying who makes more money, since Apple makes way more then samsung.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

xbox is no longer adding og xbox/360 titles to BC after today (they just added 70 games including max payne trilogy, otogi 1 & 2, gunvalkyrie, advent rising, timesplitters 2 & future perfect) because of licensing issues, which means the dream of ever seeing JSRF again outside of emulation is dead

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Any original Xbox games the matter left outside of JSRF? Struggling to think, Maybe Burnout 3?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
burnout 3........ goat game. i wish they stopped rereleasing paradise and did that one instead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

credburn posted:

Am I missing something with the combinatorics? Usually when people talk about there being more possibilities than atoms in whatever the root cause is a factorial somewhere. But this just seems to be pick a race, pick a class. To match the number of atoms in the solar system you'll need around ten octillion of each.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shut up nerd

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

shut up nerd

I just want them to explain to me the hidden factorial in their class system so I can ooh and aah over it

If that's a crime then send me to jail I guess!!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is has been a great few pages of convo but can we talk about something I know a little about for a while? Zelda rankings, worst final fantasies, Hitman level tiers?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I just want them to explain to me the hidden factorial in their class system so I can ooh and aah over it

If that's a crime then send me to jail I guess!!!!

nerd jail

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

This is has been a great few pages of convo but can we talk about something I know a little about for a while? Zelda rankings, worst final fantasies, Hitman level tiers?

You don't know combinatorics? Wow get a load of this guy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wtf is a factorial

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grieving for Gandalf posted:

mine is almost totally going to be an emulation machine with the ability to more simply hook it up to my tv

a portable emulator that does everything up to and inc ps1 perfectly, also does some n64 and dreamcast and psp..... okay now i'm interested

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gaius Marius posted:

Wtf is a factorial

It's like when you get really excited about a number

5!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's the guy in charge of the factory

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Wtf is a factorial

Its when you multiply all the numbers in a row, like 3 factorial (written "3!") is 3x2x1. It tends to show up when you're counting the number of ways to order something. Like the number of ways to shuffle a standard deck of cards is 52!--52 possibilities for the card on top, 51 possibilities for the second card, and so on. It increases really really fast. 52! is around 8x10^67, which isn't quite the number of atoms in the universe, but it would hit that number with a 60-card deck (as long as all 60 cards are distinct).

I know you're joking but I will never miss a chance to talk about math. I hope at least one reader of this post got to learn something.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i've heard of the existence of "math twitter" and frankly math deserves to be destroyed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just play factorio

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i've heard of the existence of "math twitter" and frankly math deserves to be destroyed

It will destroy you first. Do not even attempt it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If destroying all math takes twitter with it, it will have been a worthy cause.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oddium posted:

a portable emulator that does everything up to and inc ps1 perfectly, also does some n64 and dreamcast and psp..... okay now i'm interested

wow RetroArch right on Steam... and other emulators are made by nerds so you know them shits have Linux versions....

one of my first experiments will be to see how well it does PS2 but I won't be surprised if there's some bottleneck that makes it less than good

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Stux posted:

just inasne takes generally, the x86 part of the m1 isnt the expensive part, the expensive part is a completely self designed and exceptionally powerful chip. no idea why you think "add the x86 memory ordering to an arm soc" also means making something equal in power to an m1 when the steam deck is already way slower with its x86 chip. they already got a manufactuer to custom design and produce them a chip!! theyre already doing it!!

so you wanted arm cores in there why? im honestly not following? if not amd who would you contract the chip to?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only math that matters is matrices and quaternions and trig because they're used for games. Destroy all the rest

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Zelda 2 is actually a pretty good game and people are down on it for no good reason

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

It will destroy you first. Do not even attempt it.

I've already been dividing by 0 for five minutes. You're too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arzaac posted:

Zelda 2 is actually a pretty good game and people are down on it for no good reason

I tried playing it without a guide recently and lol