Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Dave has said that he won't bend to anyone's demands and meet the people staging the Netflix walkout, which is funny because none of their demands were to meet him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's so loving funny to release a highly viewed social media post after your multimillion dollar special claiming you're being silenced, just absolute baby brain poo poo. Dude's gonna be headlining CPAC in a couple years and making absolute bank.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does CPAC allow black speakers now? Last I remember they tossed one for telling a white guy slavery was bad.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving funny to release a highly viewed social media post after your multimillion dollar special claiming you're being silenced, just absolute baby brain poo poo. Dude's gonna be headlining CPAC in a couple years and making absolute bank.

He’s supposed to be showing his film at one of the biggest venues in our area, like a full on area. Where nosebleeds are gonna be like 40/seat…. Canceled, my rear end.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Does anyone know about any reliable website, or database, or, I don't know, hub, anything, that keeps track of comedians and their respective catalogs of specials and albums? Mostly for albums. That stuff can be hard to keep up with, I just found out that Kyle Kinane put out a monster album in 2020 and I kinda don't want to find this stuff out a year later anymore.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

HateTheInternet posted:

Does anyone know about any reliable website, or database, or, I don't know, hub, anything, that keeps track of comedians and their respective catalogs of specials and albums? Mostly for albums. That stuff can be hard to keep up with, I just found out that Kyle Kinane put out a monster album in 2020 and I kinda don't want to find this stuff out a year later anymore.

Your streaming service of choice should alert you if you've told it that's something you're into. YouTube music definitely shows comedy in my nee releases.

The modern comedy world is tough because a lot of specials come out in weird places like YouTube or seeso or whatever fly by night service. I still just periodically check the websites/socials of comics I dig. I'm a mega nerd though so I probably already follow them on Twitter/insta and I probably am also subbed to their pod/YouTube/whatever.

PS no excuse to miss a Kinane release cause you should be listening to the boogie monster every week

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
We got tickets to see Tig Notaro (for the third time) in February, two weeks after a weekend out of town to see Tom Papa. And then I just found out Chris Gethard is coming here in January, and tickets go on sale Friday. Of course I would love to see him too, but where were all these people before the pandemic?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I missed Geth twice on the weekend which saddens me, but I've seen him before at least. Haven't seen a huge influx over normal down here, but lots of comedians put off coming to S Fl anyway as they'd rather hit middle to north twice instead sometimes. I know Rollins is here next year, might go see him again as he's usually a fun time and not seen any of his material since I caught him about 10 years back.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Seeing Kyle Kinane (again) on Thursday, so that'll be cool

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Had Gethard tickets in September but wife and I got suspiciously sick a couple days beforehand and had to skip while we waited for what turned out to be negative COVID test results. Still a bit bummed.

Saw Stanhope again Wednesday though and that was great, with Patton coming up Friday.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I missed Geth twice on the weekend which saddens me, but I've seen him before at least. Haven't seen a huge influx over normal down here, but lots of comedians put off coming to S Fl anyway as they'd rather hit middle to north twice instead sometimes. I know Rollins is here next year, might go see him again as he's usually a fun time and not seen any of his material since I caught him about 10 years back.

I'm in the Orlando area, and my wife and I try to see every comic we like when they come through here. We've seen John Mulaney three times (with Ali Wong, Max Silvestri, and... Pete Davidson), Jim Gaffigan three times, Tig twice, Patton Oswalt, Nikki Glaser, I saw Kyle Kinane without her back in 2018. We traveled to Tampa to see Louis C.K. (before we knew he sucked as a person) and Amy Schumer, and I caught Donald Glover, Hannibal Buress, and Aziz Ansari on the same day at the South Beach Comedy Festival way back in 2012, which seems like a lifetime ago.

I have to admit, I've been nervous about returning to shows, but we've had the Tom Papa tickets for several months, just holding out hope Florida would be safer and less scary by February. Then Tig announced her return, and we love her, and I really like Gethard and have never caught him live before. And my wife and I both got our booster shots last week and keep wearing masks in public, for what it's worth.

I saw Henry Rollins back in college, at UF in the late '90s, and he's such a great speaker and storyteller. Love that dude. I wish I could get into his music, but it's just not my thing, no matter how awesome he is as a personality. If you catch him next year, I'm sure you won't regret it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

Seeing Kyle Kinane (again) on Thursday, so that'll be cool

Update: no, I'm not. He's gotta have his appendix removed.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Man that takes guts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have to admit, I've been nervous about returning to shows

It's definitely weird laughing with a mask on for sure, but hey if that's what it takes.

https://covidactnow.org/us/florida-fl/county/broward_county/?s=25031418 this is the site I use to track my county, and it really is reassuring to see that spike drop nearly as quickly as it grew. I made sure to get my booster a week+ prior to heading to Gainesville for Fest though, and they had a strict vax card or recent neg test result in place at least. I'll be watching the Facebook group to see if people start popping posi tests, but a lot of it was outside which helps.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/OvO_OvX/status/1456163027649277952

Sock it to 'em!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Well done if you can sit through this.

https://twitter.com/JimBreuer/status/1450541853183397890?t=mlO0CF-sw5a53i908A8AGA&s=19

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Nope can't won't stop don't

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's terrible even for Jim Breuer, which is an incredibly low bar to clear.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jesus loving christ.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Properly researching the thing you're talking about is mind terrorism?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Do not go to his twitter and look at the rest of his garbage. I think that room is filled with all the people who would possibly find that funny, and even then people are walking out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's weird how he comes at it from the exact opposite angle I do but somehow reaches the same conclusion.

Like yeah dude five feet vs six feet is a dumb distinction but that's because it should be twelve feet at least.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
"Somebody Had to Say It"

Yes, there are simply no other anti-vax voices in media. You brave truth-teller, Jim.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always been impressed by Breuer's ability to play characters in films who are infinitely smarter than he is.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Saw Patton on Friday and uhhhhhhh, yikes. Roughly 30% of the set was crowd work. Not the biggest fan though it can be funny, but drat. It's really not his specialty. Even stumbling onto some guy in the front row that has worked at a movie theater for 10+ years cause he couldn't make money as a classically trained trombonist. Just a mad lib of nonsense to riff on and ugh. 25 minutes of nonsense.

Have seen him a few times and this was the first that I've ever left with a sense of "What the Hell was that?"

Unrelated, but Stanhope was his usual drunk wonderful self two weeks prior and Junior Stopka is amazing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I am determined to get through this but I'm 20 seconds in at the moment & had to pause to re-brace myself.

edit: that is the most embarrassing thing I've seen in quite some time. :geno:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 11, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's almost like he's intentionally trying to do the Tim Heidecker fake stand-up 'no more bullshit' thing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Holy poo poo it's exactly that. Man I hate that it's kinda funny now.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Tony Phillips posted:

Unrelated, but Stanhope was his usual drunk wonderful self two weeks prior and Junior Stopka is amazing.
Loved seeing Stanhope love a few weeks ago, but Stopka was hitting the ironic antisemitism hard enough to make me never want to see him again.

Saw Attell this weekend though, dude still has it. Feature was Louis Katz, so fuckin A. Was the late sat show and Attell didn’t want to get off the stage, long after last call he brought up the openers and did another 20.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If you Google him the first recommendation is "junior stopka Holocaust joke"

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HateTheInternet posted:

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/kyle-kinane-mn0002401730/discography

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I'm sure I've shilled for them before, but Are You Garbage is pretty much the best comedy pod going right now. They have great guests all the time, and the formula is absolutely gold. Look through their episodes for your favorite standups and go to town. It's definitely more NYC people, but they're blowing up and getting more and more guests.

Kinane's episode is of course one of my favorites, but even the family eps when it's just Foley and Kevin are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3xHwaUjglk

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/responsiblerob/status/1460133490654019585?t=SpVuWjWB12yveX_rhHs8Ww&s=19

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:catstare:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
His other hand is not visible because the whole time he was jacking it to how wise he is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

it's so loving funny he spent like a decade being a generic washed up comic and now he's just gone full mental breakdown

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving funny he spent like a decade being a generic washed up comic and now he's just gone full mental breakdown

The Antonio Sabato Jr Special

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
That guy looks like the personification of a dry alcoholic.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

The only way comics manage becoming less funny is to blame everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's literally the 'cool, we broke his brain' meme but instead of Bart it's just years of everyone just kinda forgetting he existed.