Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

piano socks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
bring back yakuza: dead souls, cowards

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not unless they change the controls

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

omg i never noticed

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I am trapped in having the taste of a 12 yo boy, what are the good shonen shows right now? I like isekai and can handle stat block behemoths like So I'm a Spider- So What? just fine. Right now I'm trying to work my way through the Dragon Quest anime after forgetting about it for months.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

found a copy of the star twinkle movie on my hard drive and rewatched the, amazing ending of that movie and that got me thinking about star twinkle so i rewatched the ending of the series too and bawled my eyes out. im becoming zorak but star twinkle ends so good...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finally some good loving art.

homeless snail posted:

im becoming zorak

Hype for the winter thread

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://formeinfullbloom.wordpress.com/2020/12/29/is-lucky-star-rewatchable-some-thoughts-about-how-anime-viewing-and-curation-has-changed/

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im going to rewatch lucky star

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1460230603266088972?s=20

Can't wait for One Piece

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Unironically can’t wait either, I’m extremely skeptical that anything except the actors will be okay but I need a remastered Pirate Rap.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Netflix should do a live-action Monster remake, if only so that they'll host the original and I get to watch it in something other than 480p.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Netflix should begin releasing Stone Ocean weekly immediately

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
netflix should eat poo poo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Netflix should shuffle their Anime PR and strategy teams and reflect upon the disservice they give every time they try to live action an anime.
But hell, it beats Disney's weak virtue signalling

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm surprised that the show that looked like dog poo poo turned out to be bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah. the virtue signalling. that's the worst part of disney. definite

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Ctrl-F
Edward
0 results

gently caress this poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I am trapped in having the taste of a 12 yo boy, what are the good shonen shows right now? I like isekai and can handle stat block behemoths like So I'm a Spider- So What? just fine. Right now I'm trying to work my way through the Dragon Quest anime after forgetting about it for months.
jujutsu kaisen? chainsaw man is airing Soon(tm) but its not quite traditional shonen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like how grouchio watches so many anime youtubers hes slowly becoming an anti-sjw guy.

i'm still not over how insanely offensive them turning the dude that got forcibly fed female hormones into a woke nb guy is

quote:

"Revolutionary as the original anime was, the vocabulary we have today for LGBTQ+ people didn't quite exist when it aired," reads a tweet from Netflix. "For the upcoming live action adaptation, the character is being reimagined as nonbinary with a nonbinary actor."

bro hes not lgbtq+. he was forcibly fed hormones! this is not a state of being he asked for! now you can discuss whether that plot point is offensive but if you think the concept is offensive just cut the character. turning a dude who fully identifies as a guy but was forced into partial transition into a nonbinary guy is like the opposite of woke. it literally makes it seem like you went 'well hes halfway between the sexes physically so that means hes nb right.' gently caress you!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they cut edward from the show and then turned an entirely different character into a wacky nonbinary person with colored hair. i need you all to understand thats how stupid netflix is.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
sounds stupid to me, op. i think im getting my eva blurays in the mail today

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm going to write John Netflix a polite yet stern letter asking him to reconsider this live action anime adaptation, and hell, all live action anime adaptations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

sounds stupid to me, op. i think im getting my eva blurays in the mail today
grats

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

i'm going to write John Netflix a polite yet stern letter asking him to reconsider this live action anime adaptation, and hell, all live action anime adaptations

theyre stupid as hell. come up with your own ideas shitheads

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

jujutsu kaisen? chainsaw man is airing Soon(tm) but its not quite traditional shonen.

I really liked Demon Slayer even though the ending was kinda rocky and I still like One Punch Man so I can't separate good vs popular in my mind. I'll try and look at those at some point, thanks!

Endorph posted:

i'm still not over how insanely offensive them turning the dude that got forcibly fed female hormones into a woke nb guy is

bro hes not lgbtq+. he was forcibly fed hormones! this is not a state of being he asked for! now you can discuss whether that plot point is offensive but if you think the concept is offensive just cut the character. turning a dude who fully identifies as a guy but was forced into partial transition into a nonbinary guy is like the opposite of woke. it literally makes it seem like you went 'well hes halfway between the sexes physically so that means hes nb right.' gently caress you!

they cut edward from the show and then turned an entirely different character into a wacky nonbinary person with colored hair. i need you all to understand thats how stupid netflix is.

Eternally mystified how we keep getting Eragon-tier adaptations. It's like they don't actually want to make money by not making a garbage product to begin with.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

Netflix should do a live-action Monster remake, if only so that they'll host the original and I get to watch it in something other than 480p.
I don't see any reason why Monster wouldn't work as a live action show honestly. I've watched a few crime dramas that are pretty similar tonally but worse

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Eternally mystified how we keep getting Eragon-tier adaptations. It's like they don't actually want to make money by not making a garbage product to begin with.

im going to issue the controversial statement that i don't think Netflix is strapped for cash

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Do they actually make money, or are all their profits technically infusions of VC funds

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Netflix should shuffle their Anime PR and strategy teams and reflect upon the disservice they give every time they try to live action an anime.
But hell, it beats Disney's weak virtue signalling

Grouchio, what is virtue signalling?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

symbolic posted:

im going to issue the controversial statement that i don't think Netflix is strapped for cash

How did I say that they didn't have money?

I thought I was saying that 'IF, Netflix makes a good live action anime- since they're so excited to try every couple years- THEN, they would make more money than making a mediocre product' Right? That was what my logic was on it, how'd I not convey that properly?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

Grouchio, what is virtue signalling?
In Disney's case, it's pretending to reach out to progressive ideals via the inclusion (or should I say shoe-horning) of various ethnicities, genders and orientations - to the point of detriment to the film's script - without commiting to respecting such characters in-movie, and/or occluding their presence in overseas Chinese media.

Look at John Boyega's character in the Sequel Trilogy. What did Finn actually do in the films? The moment Rey is established he's permanently sidelined into a background figure. He could've had an arc around becoming a Jedi but Disney went 'nah let's not commit to that'.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it's more apt to call it tokenization

and rarely are the actual pieces of media the ones being peachy about anything, if the diversity is ever more than an ignorable/removable footnote, it's their marketing strategy that creates or exacerbates the issue

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

How did I say that they didn't have money?

I thought I was saying that 'IF, Netflix makes a good live action anime- since they're so excited to try every couple years- THEN, they would make more money than making a mediocre product' Right? That was what my logic was on it, how'd I not convey that properly?

i'm poking fun at Netflix probably not caring if those adaptations bomb my guy

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/dot_aif/status/1459312942273421313?s=20

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Tower of God was ok. BoFuri is more slice of life than shonen but you'll probably like it. I'll second Jujutsu Kaisen but don't expect it to do anything new bc its basically a mishmash of every shonen since the 90s. God of Highschool was ok too but I guess they cut a bunch of the webtoon so it's sorta disjointed and feels too fast.

Great Pretender doesn't really have any super powers but was decent enough even if I think its too mean to the MC.

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 15, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i think it's more apt to call it tokenization

and rarely are the actual pieces of media the ones being peachy about anything, if the diversity is ever more than an ignorable/removable footnote, it's their marketing strategy that creates or exacerbates the issue
Yeah let's go with that

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Funko Pop Accurate Shot Composition Anime Cinematography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's also like ten times more Vicious because he was the best part