Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oblivion at 4K60FPS with Auto HDR… incredible. My mind would have exploded if it looked this good when I played it back in 2006

drat I’m not the type to get super hyped for improving old games but this was my first 360 game and I might need to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Zerot posted:

Some games, like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, used to be available on the marketplace but got delisted. It's unlikely to come back (but might!). You'll need to track down a disk to play as of right now.

Ah okay that makes sense. Didn't think about games that got delisted before due to music stuff or whatever

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

ADD CRAZY TAXI 3 YOU loving COWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS

also bring back 1 vs 100 Live plz

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

welcome posted:

Outpost Kaloki X :vick:

It's showing up as free if you don't already own it: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/kaloki-outpost-x/9ngbh14lw2kk

Also Cloning Clyde: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/cloning-clyde/9n4jzfck7bbx

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Daaaaamn I've missed Ridge Racer (I bought it on a US account instead.)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I know it's pathetic but I'm so glad Onechambara is BC. My depressed, horny game purchases were not in vain.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'll buy it regardless but does Timesplitters 2 have online functionality for multiplayer?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Conan Of War is actually better than I remember...

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Two more questions, If I never played an Otogi but just wanna try one, which one? Also any thoughts about some of these coming to gamepass? Like skate 2 should be nailed on since 3 and 1 are there so I'm gonna wait on that one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I'll buy it regardless but does Timesplitters 2 have online functionality for multiplayer?

Nope, the original Xbox live is gone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I think there are 3rd party methods to do this, but will have to look them up later.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ah well I know 360 games work online, never tried it with original Xbox

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

seriously though, where do I get an xbox series x? Or should I just go find a series s? (I only care about halo, some gears I guess, and the next skyrim whatever else they make games, since i play everything else on my PS5/switch)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any cheats or ways to import a save file for timesplitters 2 that unlocks everything?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LionArcher posted:

seriously though, where do I get an xbox series x? Or should I just go find a series s? (I only care about halo, some gears I guess, and the next skyrim whatever else they make games, since i play everything else on my PS5/switch)

Keep an eye on Wario64 twitter account. Best Buy was how I got mine. Scalpers are still going at it a year later because people keep breaking down and buying from them. :/

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
i got a one x but i want a series x now :(

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Best bet is probably twitter. I don't have any personal experience though, I was able to snag one at launch via Costco.

This guy seems popular > https://twitter.com/mattswider

My local costco has series S in stock, if you are wanting something now I would probably just grab a S and then sell it or deploy to another room after you get a X

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

i got a one x but i want a series x now :(

What did you not get an S?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

kri kri posted:

What did you not get an S?

I bought the One X in 2018.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Halo is seriously goddamn good - it could run a bit better on large maps on my 1080ti, but this thing just oozes quality. Feels so drat good to play.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I posted it in SA Mart, but if anyone happens to end up with a Halo Xbox console that they decide they don't want, I would buy it off of them. I've been striking out constantly trying to pre-order one, and then missed out today.

I said come in! posted:

Keep an eye on Wario64 twitter account. Best Buy was how I got mine. Scalpers are still going at it a year later because people keep breaking down and buying from them. :/

Yeah, I went to Best Buy this morning to try and get one, but they sold out well before they got to where I was in line.

some people who walked out with them then tried to sell them to people for $1200+... loving scalpers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm downright terrible at Halo Infinite multiplayer! :shepface:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

A few noteworthy games that are trapped forever on last-gen consoles until Sony announces PS3 BC (lol)

Eternal Sonata (available on PS Now)

eternal sonata is astoundingly terrible so i'm kinda sad it's stuck on 360, everyone should experience the game with a death scene that lasts twice as long as the sum total of the rest of that character's entire existence in the game

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

SourKraut posted:

I posted it in SA Mart, but if anyone happens to end up with a Halo Xbox console that they decide they don't want, I would buy it off of them. I've been striking out constantly trying to pre-order one, and then missed out today.

Yeah, I went to Best Buy this morning to try and get one, but they sold out well before they got to where I was in line.

some people who walked out with them then tried to sell them to people for $1200+... loving scalpers.

I don’t know how this poo poo isn’t met with violence. Not that I would over a video game, but man, that takes some serious balls to do that

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol that we get fiddy cent blood in the sand but none of the burnout titles are back compat.

i guess this is the price we pay for FH5 and Halo being free and excellent.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

irpoweroutlet posted:

I don’t know how this poo poo isn’t met with violence. Not that I would over a video game, but man, that takes some serious balls to do that

Yeah, if they'd have offered to sell it for maybe $100-200 over what they'd paid, I'd have seriously considered it just for the fact I've been striking out so much and I don't know how long production will go for, but 2x what they paid, and in-person... not doing it.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

I'm downright terrible at Halo Infinite multiplayer! :shepface:

Hey me too holy crap I guess it's years of CoD training bad habits but I am getting destroyed. Though it does seem like on PC there's no limitation between controller and K&M.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
No mechassault BC. Kind of sad. Probably because of the Papa roach songs in it. You continue to ruin my life, Papa Roach.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

If Halo Infinite is showing up as a fun blue screen on your PC via the Xbox app, you'll need to open Microsoft Store. The Xbox app has a fixed schedule for checking for updates, lol.

It's a 26GB additional download on top of the preload data.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

irpoweroutlet posted:

Scalpers have, in fact, been robbed before, and its funny every time. I don't know if the "lol he gave me address, I'm grabbing my gun." tweet thread from last year was real, but PS5 scalpers were robbed at gunpoint repeatedly in the toronto area, around 3 times. They happened in broad daylight in public areas too, which was extremely good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ErrEff posted:

If Halo Infinite is showing up as a fun blue screen on your PC via the Xbox app, you'll need to open Microsoft Store. The Xbox app has a fixed schedule for checking for updates, lol.

It's a 26GB additional download on top of the preload data.

Steam version is probably the wtg

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A few rounds of Halo in and I swear to God some long dormant part of my brain has reawakened for the first time since 2007 making me want to drink orange Mountain Dew.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Detective No. 27 posted:

A few rounds of Halo in and I swear to God some long dormant part of my brain has reawakened for the first time since 2007 making me want to drink orange Mountain Dew.

I always thought it tasted fine. People used to try and, I dunno, appear 'above' such a thing and say it tasted gross, but its literally just sugar water, like all soda.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I always thought it tasted fine. People used to try and, I dunno, appear 'above' such a thing and say it tasted gross, but its literally just sugar water, like all soda.

I worked at GameCrazy for that launch and they gave us pallets of that stuff so I had taken home so many bottles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A good day for me. Time to buy all 3 max paynes on console to go with PC, snag the only good version of Nier, then get Timesplitters.

And some motherfuckin Halo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Barudak posted:

A good day for me. Time to buy all 3 max paynes on console to go with PC, snag the only good version of Nier, then get Timesplitters.

And some motherfuckin Halo.
I just checked the store to see if Max Payne 3 is on there and sure enough it is!!! :swoon:

Waiting for it to download now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LionArcher posted:

A series S will play everything you listed well and smoothly, but wont do 4k. If you're ok topping out at 1440p and more realistically often 1080p and occassionally not having raytracing then the Series S is a good option.

If you do get a Series console, get game pass or else you're missing the systems best feature (and jts also how you'll play all those games you listed).

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They didn’t put up Run Like Hell.

Thanks Breaking Benjamin :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

50 Cent Blood on the Sand isn't available for purchase on the store, but then again neither was Max Payne 3 a few hours ago and it's there now, so maybe there's still hope for BotS!