Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
loving :iceburn: from Dustin's seemingly age inappropriate child friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

A "ham cutlet" is just a breaded and deep-fried slice of ham, popular and very cheap bar food.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (March 12, 1934)

Peanuts (November 18, 1974)

Harry Dinkle, Legend Among Lesser Men

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 16, 1938)

Out Our Way (October 4-6, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (May 6-8, 1918)

Dok's Dippy Posting Screw-up: First things first, here's November 12, 1913 (spoiler for racial slur).

If you've started to get deja vu, that's because I got scrambled brains a few months ago and mixed up a week of November 1913 for a week of September 1913. As your one and only Internet source for pre-war Seattle duck toons, that means I have commited a sin against you. Yes, another one. So let's back up for the next few days and fix that.

(September 8, 1913)

Little Lefty (August 26-28, 1935)

Blondie (From Zero) (April 27-29, 1931)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

It better be the veterinarian slamming the door.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Shugojin posted:

It's Wilbur he probably likes it

On weekends Wilbur buys all the fast food he will need for the week and keeps them in the fridge. The Jerry Saltz of burgers.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I had no idea Walt was so hip.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I had no idea Walt was so hip.

walts always had a pretty solid taste in dad rock which is why i think its one of the neat thing about zits that his and jeremys musical tastes are pretty similar

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Classic Cat

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

No, no, the autumn wind is a pirate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6E4Cks1W4

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

EasyEW posted:

Pearls Before Swine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy__tBe8eg

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Catching up, weird day, new schedule — just gonna go back to being an early evening poster for a while.

EasyEW posted:

Swee'Pea's Mother: Taking The Baby Home, featuring, some of the stuff Dell had to leave out to squish a months-long storyline into five comic book pages. (October 3 and 10, 1937)

First of all, gonner start using the term melankonkus wherever possible; second of all, I would rate this thinly-veiled fetish material well above 9CL and directly below Mopsy.

Thanks for bringing Macanudo back! I’ve always enjoyed it, and your posts are generally great except for Daddy Daze which makes me want to do violence.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 11, 1948)

Have fun while you can, you crazy kids!

EasyEW posted:

Little Lefty

:drat:

Classic Zits

Childhood is Hell

My name is little Bongo, glad his answer was not wrong-o

Sylvia

Marlys!

And here’s a brief little feature: Spotty. Daniel Day was the youngest Black American cartoonist ever professionally published, working at the Defender from the age of 11, and working as Leslie Rogers’ protege when he was 14. Spotty appeared in both the Chicago Defender and its auxiliary Junior Defender. At the Chicago Comics 1880-1960 exhibit I’ve mentioned before, they had free mini-copies, so I finally got around to scanning them to post! Hopefully y’all will enjoy them. The quality is pretty poor, but I’m gonna :justpost:

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 16, 2021

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"No." *SLAM*

what the gently caress

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I will flip out in glee if tomorrow reveals the veterinarian there with the implication he spent the night over

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Calaveron posted:

I will flip out in glee if tomorrow reveals the veterinarian there with the implication he spent the night over

Yeah, the dude is lounging on the couch in his boxers

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ewwwwwww!!! Kissing a boy??? How immature can you get??? You can't finish school and have a career if you kiss a boy!!!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "382 - Jucika And The Drunk"

"383 - Jucika And The Vending Machine"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, the dude is lounging on the couch in his boxers

Cat is laying next to him getting head scratches.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Mar 3, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (May 1-2, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Ewwwwwww!!! Kissing a boy??? How immature can you get??? You can't finish school and have a career if you kiss a boy!!!
bernice ahegao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

bernice ahegao

These two words posted in this order should be a sixxer at the very least imo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Judge Parker (June 2021)

After the excitement of the previous month, this is a pretty slow one, mostly focused on Alan and Sam not really doing anything.

But we also got a little bit of Sophie and Honey not really doing anything.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Ghostlight posted:

bernice ahegao

:mods:

I missed that the first time around, so I'd say the worst part of reading this post is that you had it quoted. I could have braced myself a bit if I'd had to scroll back up first.

Crypt currency is just a retirement fund with a really long tail.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae the Doe runs on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

"Greetings, Crypt-o fans! I was in the middle of trading some ZitCoins, and let me tell you that's a bubble that's going to pop! But on to tonight's Shock Market Report! It's a story about some WretchBros who want to make a killing in E-Fear-eum, and soon enough find themselves dealing with some very pricey Gored Apes! It's a little Non-Fangible Token I like to call, Blockchain of Fools!"

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 16, 2021

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

bernice ahegao

The state's attorney's office is seeking the maximum allowable penalty, your honour.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: relationship quiz (June 28 - July 4, 2004)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Feel like this comic really perfectly sums up Holbrook's hellworld and the near sociopathic tone the comic unintentionally takes sometimes.

First 7 panels: Look at this happy gymnast performing her routine and just having the time of her life, harming nobody.
Final panel: Major character thinking that the gymnast needs to be murdered (we are not meant to think negatively of the character for thinking this).

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Zerilan posted:

Feel like this comic really perfectly sums up Holbrook's hellworld and the near sociopathic tone the comic unintentionally takes sometimes.

First 7 panels: Look at this happy gymnast performing her routine and just having the time of her life, harming nobody.
Final panel: Major character thinking that the gymnast needs to be murdered (we are not meant to think negatively of the character for thinking this).

Also I thought killing the people that are trying to eat you was a bad thing, but it's suddenly ok now?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hel posted:

Also I thought killing the people that are trying to eat you was a bad thing, but it's suddenly ok now?

Despite being shown to be just as sentient as the more "human" sized animals, normal sized insects have even less rights than than other non-carnivores.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The thing I think I like most about the K&K Hellworld Universe is that while it's absolutely batshit insane, it's at least pretty internally consistent. You can get away with all sorts of crazy stuff in fiction, so long as you at least adhere to your own rules.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (February 9, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (February 9, 2000)

Garfield Classic (February 9, 1990)

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (February 9, 1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFnNB6ra3o

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/15/01

Brenda Starr 8/10/47

Smokey Stover 7/2/44

Bonus ad! A real soap opera!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 18, 1948)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 8/10/47

Get that cash, Brenda

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 18, 1948)

drat that’s a fine elk.

I also really appreciate that Foster is showing baby Arn growing, it’s one of the many little subtle touches that really elevate the strip beyond swords n boats

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, Irish elk. A few thousand years past the youngest known example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis