Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Diddler posted:

So is BotS the only new BC game that isn't on the store?

FEAR 1 isn’t available digitally here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"I wonder if this Xbox event is fine for my first-grader to watch."

Xbox:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I think FEAR took a moment to become buyable again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah the store was wonky for a good part of yesterday, it initially listed that I didn't own Max Payne 3 but that eventually sorted itself out. I think the store isn't good at handling that many titles changing in scope on the backend, although it's the last time it'll ever happen so they probably just pushed through.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've never played the fear console versions, how do they hold up?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seconding Call of the Sea. Not too long, but I found it really enjoyable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

I've never played the fear console versions, how do they hold up?

I played 2 and 3 on PS3 recently and found them pretty boring tbh. 1 isn’t on PS3 and that’s probably the only one worth buying.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played 2 and 3 on PS3 recently and found them pretty boring tbh. 1 isn’t on PS3 and that’s probably the only one worth buying.

Yeah I've only played them on PC and i can't see even 1 being as fun on console.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

now if they would just port Katamari Forever to the Xbone I could put my PS3 away for good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still can't buy Dead or Alive 4.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
It's wild the way that playing Halo is like riding a bike. I haven't touched any of them in years and then within seconds of playing my first game I'm doing the BR dance, instinctively melee'ing as their shields drop. I played some BTB and ranked and had fun but I don't have much of a Halo crew anymore and have gradually moved away from MP FPS as I get older so I don't expect to play it a ton. Still annoyed that the campaign won't have co-op at launch. I won't feel like I'm really playing a new Halo until that happens.

The Kins posted:

Fresh batch of Game Pass dates

COMING:
Today: Dead Space (Cloud), Dragon Age: Origins (Cloud)
November 17: Next Space Rebels (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 18: Exo One (Cloud, Console, and PC), Fae Tactics (Cloud, Console, and PC), My Friend Pedro (Cloud, Console, and PC), Undungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC), Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition (Free Update)
November 23: Deeeer Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC), Mortal Shell (Cloud, Console, and PC), Evil Genius 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Nice! I knew Evil Genius 2 was coming but I've been wanting to try Mortal Shell since it first released and this thread declared it an inevitable gamepass game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It suddenly dawned on me that 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is not the original Xbox 50 Cent game, which is subtitled Bulletproof. So much for running around collecting vitamin waters and dealing with crooked cop Eminem.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

EA: We're putting Skate 2 on backwards compatibility!
Also EA: We're shutting down the online servers and therefore a lot of what you'd actually want to play Skate 2 for.
https://twitter.com/skateEA/status/1460313441898414082

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

njsykora posted:

EA: We're putting Skate 2 on backwards compatibility!
Also EA: We're shutting down the online servers and therefore a lot of what you'd actually want to play Skate 2 for.
https://twitter.com/skateEA/status/1460313441898414082

Yeah, this is super lovely. I was going to play the hell out of it, but it turns out I didn't already own it, and then EA announced this. gently caress's sake, the least they could have done was give it a year post-BC or something.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Halo is… halo. I dunno what I expected. I think I might be too old for halo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That's unpossible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can I unlock a double jump???? That’s all I need. I’m too used to Destiny double jumping

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Anyone else tried playing Halo Infinite through Xcloud? I can do it via the browser but in the official Xbox app it says the game isn't available to stream in my region. :confused:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Otogi 1/2 seems to be having some issues buying so here's hoping it gets fixed soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

you’re never too old for halo

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Something happened last night and the only real game I play on my Series S (Hades) had it's save completely wiped. I have no idea where it is, tried looking under some cloud but it's all such a pain in the dick. So I figured I'd uninstall and reinstall, that should pull it back out right? Nope.

Like 300-400 hours gone. This bullshit has never once in my life happened to me.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
For anyone curious about what my controller sounds like I uploaded a recording. (Spoke about it yesterday, how I might have a defective controller due to weird rumble noises that I am not sure about)

https://vocaroo.com/16RBJ8FLjpnh

It is quite low in volume since I didn't want to mess with the audio in any way. But it was recorded from about an arm's length away by my desktop microphone and is much more audible in person. (At least on my setup I can barely hear it at the volume that I normally use) It basically sounds like an old school fax machine while I'm skidding around on dirt in Forza. Got a new one coming in a few days, will be interesting to see. But I am worried that one is cursed as well since the price landed at exactly 666 in my local currency.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 16, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Glad I never jumped on any Mortal Shell sales. Patient gamers keep winning.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Thinking about getting Microsoft Game Pass for my PC and I have a few questions.

1. I'm currently in EU region - is there a region where I would get a better monthly price / deal?
2. Is there another way to get a better deal? I remember reading some articles about how people prepaid for 3 years or so by buying codes online for cheaper

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Busy Bee posted:

Thinking about getting Microsoft Game Pass for my PC and I have a few questions.

1. I'm currently in EU region - is there a region where I would get a better monthly price / deal?
2. Is there another way to get a better deal? I remember reading some articles about how people prepaid for 3 years or so by buying codes online for cheaper

You can buy a few months of Gold from key sellers online, G2A, Eneba or wherever, and then buy a month of GPU to convert it all.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ineffiable posted:

Otogi 1/2 seems to be having some issues buying so here's hoping it gets fixed soon.

I tried buying Otogi 1 five times and it never went through but they charged my card each time and set off my fraud alert whoops

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I tried playing Forza Horizon 5 for a bit but couldn't shake the feeling of "I wish I was just playing more Ridge Racer instead." So I played more Ridge Racer instead.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The only FH I really loved besides 3 is 1.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Akuma posted:

I tried playing Forza Horizon 5 for a bit but couldn't shake the feeling of "I wish I was just playing more Ridge Racer instead." So I played more Ridge Racer instead.

I bought a copy of Ridge Racer Revolution today. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Akuma posted:

It's the music

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I've never really put much time into a car game outside of Burnout and SF Rush but I'm liking FH5 a lot the 60 fps and great graphics is huge for the immersive and responsive driving feel and general experience. I tried 4 on an old XB1 and didnt like at all.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's the music
I think it's easy to think of Horizon as being arcadey because of its presentation and compared to Motorsport but it's really not. And I want arcadey.

njsykora posted:

I bought a copy of Ridge Racer Revolution today. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Hell yeah that game owns.

The Ridge Racer I was playing was Ridge Racer 6 on the Xbox Series S. The only thing I'm not wild about with that game is that it's so brown - sometimes I look back on the PS360 era and people talking about everything being brown and I convince myself it was just a bit but no it really was all brown.

If RR6 had the saturated colourful visual style of Ridge Racer Revolution I would never need another racing game.

I should play Ridge Racer Revolution...

Edit: the Universe stuff in RR6 is really fantastic, such a good way to present a racing game. I wonder if anything else has done the same or a similar thing? AFAIR Ridge Racer 7 dropped it...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Akuma posted:

Edit: the Universe stuff in RR6 is really fantastic, such a good way to present a racing game. I wonder if anything else has done the same or a similar thing? AFAIR Ridge Racer 7 dropped it...

The Wipeout series (RIP) adopted a similar approach for the grid campaign system in Wipeout Pulse and kept it for HD, Fury and 2048.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Augus posted:

you’re never too old for halo

You can be too young for halo though, I believe.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Haven't played a Halo game in a long time but I'm enjoying the multiplayer of Infinite. Feels really polished.

IG-88 posted:

Something happened last night and the only real game I play on my Series S (Hades) had it's save completely wiped. I have no idea where it is, tried looking under some cloud but it's all such a pain in the dick. So I figured I'd uninstall and reinstall, that should pull it back out right? Nope.

Like 300-400 hours gone. This bullshit has never once in my life happened to me.

Oh drat. Is it possible you quit while the game was saving, and it got corrupted?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Played a few multi rounds so far and I just get my rear end crushed along with my team every time. I’m usually pretty quick to pick up mechanics but I’m struggling with master chef. Maybe cause it seems like you’re supposed to go full auto on people? I’m used to burst fire in far cry6 so it’s a weird adjustment!

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 17, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I still can't buy Dead or Alive 4 as well.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Nuts and Gum posted:

Played a few multi rounds so far and I just get my rear end crushed along with my team every time. I’m usually pretty quick to pick up mechanics but I’m struggling with master chef. Maybe cause it seems like you’re supposed to go full auto on people? I’m used to burst fire in far cry6 so it’s a weird adjustment!

With the assault rifle, yes full auto seems to be the way to go.

In the tutorial they say you can aim anywhere to break the enemy's shield, then aim for the head for maximum damage.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Barudak posted:

They will buy <shakes the magic acquisition ball> Intellivision and all those games will be back compatible!

We're already more than halfway to the Game Room 20th anniversary celebration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fanatic posted:

Oh drat. Is it possible you quit while the game was saving, and it got corrupted?

I've always wondered who those warnings were for.

edit: looks like the Saints Row reboot has been delayed for 6 months until August 22. I don't mind at all, there's too much other stuff to play right now.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 17, 2021