Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

christmas boots posted:

I'm on my first watch of the series and the other day I got to the one that ends up being a half-hour ad for a hair-growth shampoo and I couldn't even get mad about being jerked around like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
People seem optimistic about the live action One Piece

https://twitter.com/menokonomi/status/1458316022554021894?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i watched lupin the third the first and we need to order the army to frogmarch the production team back into the studio to create more imo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Homeless Friend posted:

i watched lupin the third the first and we need to order the army to frogmarch the production team back into the studio to create more imo

oh hey same and agreed. I've been watching part V since I heard on a podcast it was the most c-spam lupin series. it opens with a bitcoin theft, but i wish it would be less weird in it's horny parts.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Homeless Friend posted:

it's very good

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

no news is bad news
did they forget to add the sword in post??

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm crying. lmao. Why.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

oh hey same and agreed. I've been watching part V since I heard on a podcast it was the most c-spam lupin series. it opens with a bitcoin theft, but i wish it would be less weird in it's horny parts.

Lupin and City Hunter have to be horny, sorry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

genericnick posted:

I'm crying. lmao. Why.

The way they aren't touching each other and are perfectly framed against the window makes the live action version so much more cartoony than the cartoon version.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

no news is bad news
did they forget to add the sword in post??

It's there - you just have to zoom in to see it because it's side-on to the camera.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

It's there - you just have to zoom in to see it because it's side-on to the camera.

oh yeah youre right
they didnt even get that right lmao

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If it's just going to be a shot for shot remake why even bother?
Just remake it or rebuild it like Eva did. Then you can at least improve parts of it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yikes, the reviews that are trickling out online don't paint the rest of it in a good light from what I'm seeing either

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If Lupin III isn't horny, is he really even Lupin?

That said, Monkey Punch made a good call toning him down from his original level of horny.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Gripweed posted:

People seem optimistic about the live action One Piece

https://twitter.com/menokonomi/status/1458316022554021894?s=20

I'm glad that people into findom are learning to be honest and forthright about their kinks.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

christmas boots posted:

If Lupin III isn't horny, is he really even Lupin?

That said, Monkey Punch made a good call toning him down from his original level of horny.
yeah getting chased across the globe by a tenacious interpol detective becomes a significantly less charming bit when the warrant is for 34 separate counts of rape

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
Pepe L'upin III

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/mecha_tho/status/1460003464893841409?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

if you check his watch history, he saw the episode of Expanse where the asteroids hit over and over again

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Good tweets

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/zIOVvCO.mp4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Welcome to the O.U.C.H.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lmao

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
this ad pisses me off so much because it’s long-established cannon that char can’t drive

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1458595164532797447

lmao
someone posted about how netflix bebop had hopepunk crammed into it and lol

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Like the first conversation in the anime is about how they can't afford the beef in "bell peppers and beef." The most sympathetic character in the first episode is a woman helping her boyfriend smuggle drugs, because she believes its the only way to get off of Earth, which has become a shithole that only the broke and desperate still live on.

Evrart Claire has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Nov 16, 2021

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahahaha no way

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pretty much every side character in cowboy bebop is bankrupt

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

this ad pisses me off so much because it’s long-established cannon that char can’t drive

:hmmyes:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

TenementFunster posted:

But with the Zeonic Toyota it's so easy!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
According to reviews, there are no spaceship fights in the Netflix Cowboy Bebop

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Honest Thief posted:

https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1458595164532797447

lmao
someone posted about how netflix bebop had hopepunk crammed into it and lol

The most eye-opening thing he says here is how optimistic Cowboy Bebop is because of its multiculturalism, which is apparently what liberals think is the end goal of their politics. I mean, it is cool that a white guy can be a Chinese gangster, but there's no thought given to how bleak it is that in the near distant future the underclass is still being dominated by triads.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The most eye-opening thing he says here is how optimistic Cowboy Bebop is because of its multiculturalism, which is apparently what liberals think is the end goal of their politics. I mean, it is cool that a white guy can be a Chinese gangster, but there's no thought given to how bleak it is that in the near distant future the underclass is still being dominated by triads.

Lmao the perfect distillation of liberalism. Every race and gender expression valid, so long as you don't question the dystopian wealth inequality we see every episode.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Literally cannot wait to see what their underlying ideology is for One Piece.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
surprise! liberalism again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/juliegraceb/status/1460617059310739461?s=21

oh no, it’s all over

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

christmas boots posted:

Literally cannot wait to see what their underlying ideology is for One Piece.

i read a story going around that the director of the live action One Piece met Oda and was like, "One Piece is about how even if bad things have happened to you or if you've done bad things, as long as you find people who believe in you and you believe in them, you'll be able to achieve your dreams" and Oda was like "yes that is correct"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Looking forward to Girlboss Lain