Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

njsykora posted:

There have been a bunch of changes to free rotation in recent years, I don't think anyone knows exactly how it works any more. Expect Jinx, Vi, Caitlyn, Viktor, Heimerdinger, Ekko and Jayce to be in the free champ list for a while though.

Yeah, that makes sense, with the show. I've mostly been playing ARAMs to learn new people's move lists. I guess I'm just a little annoyed I can't try out more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, that makes sense, with the show. I've mostly been playing ARAMs to learn new people's move lists. I guess I'm just a little annoyed I can't try out more people.

ARAM actually has the last 3 free rotations worth of champs in its pool alongside any you own, to stop people having ARAM specific accounts where they just own the champs that are really good in ARAM. So you have a bigger pool there than on the rift.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

njsykora posted:

ARAM actually has the last 3 free rotations worth of champs in its pool alongside any you own, to stop people having ARAM specific accounts where they just own the champs that are really good in ARAM. So you have a bigger pool there than on the rift.

OH!

So it IS a rotating free list with holdovers, specifically, from the last two weeks. That explains a lot. Thanks for the info.

I should play the actual game, but I knew the season was about to end, so I figured it was pointless.

EDIT
So there's no point to playing Ranked during the offseason, is there? You won't actually be placed before the season-season? OR do I have the wrong of it?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Riot Forge/Switch demonstration is live. Aside from that Ziggs runner, they've so far shown off Song of Nunu, a cute looking Nunu & Willump action-adventure game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Riot Direct is on now, Nunu's getting his own game.
https://twitter.com/LoLUKN/status/1460640303149461513

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Solo: A League of Legend's Story.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SURPRISE RUINED KING'S OUT NOW

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

SURPRISE RUINED KING'S OUT NOW

uhhh i guess that's fine lmao

the store page is up on steam but i can't actually buy it yet, maybe after the presentation?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Veryslightlymad posted:

So there's no point to playing Ranked during the offseason, is there? You won't actually be placed before the season-season? OR do I have the wrong of it?

It affects your initial placement for the next season. So playing now won't somehow retroactively change your rank for 2021, but your rank when you do your placement games affects sort of the "starting point" for your placement rank, so your rank immediately before your placement games matters to that extent.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think in Wild Rift ARAM can give you any champion which I thought was clever because on PC it was super noticeable some people had ARAM specific accounts

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

njsykora posted:

IIRC there’s a pool of like sixty champions who are always free for ARAM on top of the rotating pools, too.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That was a change made to help new people and combat the aram accounts. Before they had champion balancing there were a lot of people who only had like nidalee sona ashe unlocked etc

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Cafe Cuties remains the best skin line of 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The hot boyification of League has claimed Malzahar, is no-one safe?
https://twitter.com/LoLUKN/status/1460639548396822535

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Anyone want to play a game with me? I'm a bad jungler.
RC Cola on NA.
I used to place between high silver and low plat back. When I played. I'm probably low silver now

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Apparently the silver squid discord imploded so that's cool

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Tired Moritz posted:

Cafe Cuties remains the best skin line of 2021

True, but mostly for the description of Vladimir.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

njsykora posted:

The Riot Direct is on now, Nunu's getting his own game.
https://twitter.com/LoLUKN/status/1460640303149461513

This looks great! Nunu and Willump post-update are easily my favorite champ in terms of characterization. Every single voice line they have is funny, cute, or both. Closest to an anti-tilt character I've ever played.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

RC Cola posted:

It got promoted to a Golden Squid.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I don't know how to feel about lol cinematic universe the new client is poo poo but they managed to solve my trap itch in runeterra so I'm going to hold out for a bit longer before i go conspiradork.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I find the fact that Debonair is willing to hottify Yi and Malzahar, but still has Zed in a mask even though he's the one whose (hot) face we've seen in canon weird and also strange.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Can they stop attaching faces to my faceless champs, like the only steadfast mask users are Jhin and Shen.
Depending on how that ninja fanfiction is going Shen might get a grand reveal or something.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Can they stop attaching faces to my faceless champs, like the only steadfast mask users are Jhin and Shen.
Depending on how that ninja fanfiction is going Shen might get a grand reveal or something.

We have in fact seen both their faces already in side content.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

RC Cola posted:

Check the OP, I updated the invite link to the new one so that should work

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Waterfall Watcher posted:

We've seen maskless Shen already, and there was a leak of a maskless Jhin concept art.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Lord_Magmar posted:

We have in fact seen both their faces already in side content.

Lies. Lies and slander.

Please don't post them, don't crack my current reality.
My headcannon is the only reason I like any of the characters to begin with and they already butchered nearly all of them already.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

njsykora posted:

drat. im here for this

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

njsykora posted:

gas

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

njsykora posted:

wow varus looking good

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's all the SAME kind of "hot" too. Which is odd, because other men in the game have different faces. But when a masked character unmasks, they're always bishounen pretty boys.

Then again, all the women in the game have exactly the same body (and like 2 or 3 faces), except for Illaoi and Jinx*, and Illaoi isn't even body builder large, she just has some severe elephantiasis in the arms.

*(OK, and the Yordles and the Faun.)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Apparently ruined king releases 'today' but idk who's today that is. Can't see it on the nintendo uk store yet but I have seen streamers playing it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's all the SAME kind of "hot" too. Which is odd, because other men in the game have different faces. But when a masked character unmasks, they're always bishounen pretty boys.

Then again, all the women in the game have exactly the same body (and like 2 or 3 faces), except for Illaoi and Jinx*, and Illaoi isn't even body builder large, she just has some severe elephantiasis in the arms.

Xayah manages to retain her Face Vibes usually, but otherwise yeah. It's all the same faces.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's on steam in the UK at least, probably just gonna take a bit on the various console storefronts. Curious how it is, I didn't play Battle Chasers but it always looked pretty good and reviewed well if I recall, shame that this surprise release means there's not many reviews or impressions yet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's out now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

like jesus christ none of those skins look like their characters

and its been a month we need another 1350 zed skin to accompany his six million other skins

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ruined king looks dialogue heavy. Meh

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't think zed is even in the top 10 for chars with most skins tbh.

If I had to guess off the top of my head it would be Lux, Ahri, Riven, Ezreal, Akali, MF, Lee Sin.... then Jax, Alistar and TF because they're old with lots of lovely skins?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

According to this, top 10 is TF/Vayne/Riven/Jax/Akali/Lee Sin/Katarina/Garen with 13 skins, Lux and Alistair with 14 skins, and Miss Fortune and Ezreal with 15 skins. And I think with Debonair Leona, she joins that 8 way tie with 13 skins.

It does count prestige editions as different skins, though.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Taliyah is also a different body shape (or at least she's covered up enough that you can't tell her body shape, which is still pretty unique).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I'm glad my beloved Singed will always be ugly as hell.