Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Peachy. Took advantage of recent drops in 11th gen hardware and built me a new system. I can actually semi-run SC now, but really using it for stuff like racing sims and BF, etc.

Run from SC, not toward. From.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Almost 4 years old, still waiting for those SQ42 levels to drop

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

But seriously, why is this thread still active? SC is a dead space game with no hope of ever seeing the light of day.

how is this a moma post lol
e;fb

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

By the way, I kinda understand the SC people that Mirificus quoted earlier. A while ago, I was also in the mood for a challenging game (like Wizardry 6/7 back in the days, to talk about something else than Ultima 6/7). I bought a bunch of Paradox games, since I liked Victoria I and HoI 2 back in the early 2000s.

Jesus Christ. If you've got one hour in the evening to play after the kid's sleeping, you really REALLY don't want to spend that time sorting through hundreds of tank divisions, saltpeter miners, or incestuous cousins. I guess you have to accept the fact that at some point in your life, setting bears on fire in Skyrim or dealing with waist-high cover and appropriately dysfunctional teammates in Mass Effect is what's right for you. And that wouldn't change by buying a one-thousand-Euro laser tank division in Hearts of Iron IV or whatever would be the Idris equivalent.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Daztek posted:

Almost 4 years old, still waiting for those SQ42 levels to drop

oh they dropped. dead.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Viben
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PepperyNearLaughingthrush-mobile.mp4
(sound)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

Eve: Echoes is fun though.

But seriously, why is this thread still active? SC is a dead space game with no hope of ever seeing the light of day.

Hi MOMA... nice to see you pop by, hope life is treating you well

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Time to bring back Uncle D.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Galaxt1ka/status/1460283034398298121

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Random SC MisoBoy: Hey CIG stop your social justice warrior antics and stop making a big deal about hiring chickZ!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What exactly would the social media manager for SC do?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lammasu posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1460634429160841228
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1460679508697124866

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Glass dickuh

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

very entergaging

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

https://twitter.com/RedLir_Live/status/1460688857087762434

https://twitter.com/b0vin3/status/1460679764776304645

https://twitter.com/DomitrianA/status/1460703303067742218

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

you'd think they would have at least changed the error code from 30k by now so it's not so recognizable

just kick the can down the road some more, oh you have the NEW error 40k ! wow thats a new one to us, let us take another 5 years to fix it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Anticheat and Cyrillic alphabet posted:

Anticheat not working if it see in windows Cyrillic(not latin text) in to Users folders path( or in that folder)

Changing the user with a nickname in English helped to solve the problem, but for some users the User folder itself is written in Cyrillic and this cannot be fixed in any way, even by reinstalling Windows

UPD: Anticheat (or game) can't found BrutalType-Bold.ttf

UPD2: Makin new user whith eng (latin) name can solve the problem.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

2017 was a simpler time...

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Time to bring back Uncle D.

look deep inside yourself and ask if that's something you really want for this thread

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it just dawned on me that we're now only 5 years off until star citizen saga becomes longer than duke nukem forever was (took 14 years from announcement to release, SC is now at 9), and it's still showing no signs of stopping lmao

i'm a true believer now and think chris can top DNF

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Does someone still have my old moma vs derek slap fight gif

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

there we go

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lammasu posted:

If s/he was anything like their download manager, the job would entail flooding the network, spewing incoherent things in all the wrong places, and leaving tons of crap behind when asked to go away.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

ManofManyAliases posted:

look deep inside yourself

On it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO6EBC0zgu0

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Blue On Blue posted:

you'd think they would have at least changed the error code from 30k by now so it's not so recognizable

just kick the can down the road some more, oh you have the NEW error 40k ! wow thats a new one to us, let us take another 5 years to fix it

Huh, you're absolutely right, it's surprising that nobody at CIG has tried the "Thank you for playing Wing Commander!" technique yet. Some enterprising young Full Sail graduate could win some serious brownie points with Chris for "solving" the 30k error that way.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trilobite posted:

Huh, you're absolutely right, it's surprising that nobody at CIG has tried the "Thank you for playing Wing Commander!" technique yet. Some enterprising young Full Sail graduate could win some serious brownie points with Chris for "solving" the 30k error that way.

"Buy more Ram you pleb!"

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I honest to God feel sorry for this woman.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lammasu posted:

I honest to God feel sorry for this woman.

anyone willingly joining CIG at this point is either very very out of touch with the gaming industry, or in on the grift for personal gain

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Given that MoMA is back, and i'm guessing bearing great news about SC, i'm just wondering if its a good day to buy an Idris? I've been holding off as i've been playing through all 3 chapters of SQ404 for the last 4 years

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Daztek posted:

there we go

You and he were.... buddies... Weren't you?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gravity_Storm posted:

i'm just wondering if its a good day to buy an Idris?
Today, tomorrow, forever, always: yes.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Blue On Blue posted:

We've fixed error code 30k and are tracking a small issue some players have eith error code 31.5k.

We've fixed error code 31.5k and are tracking a new issue, error code 5000.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Hizawk posted:

We've fixed error code 30k and are tracking a small issue some players have eith error code 31.5k.

We've fixed error code 31.5k and are tracking a new issue, error code 5000.

See? No game fixes bugs faster. Checkmate, FUDsters.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

cmdrk posted:

See? No game fixes bugs faster. Checkmate, FUDsters.

5000 is less than 31500 too! Things are improving!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Oh God, going through the old threads. So the first Kickstarter stretch goal is a repair robot for everyone. In all my years following this fiasco I've never once heard anyone mention robots. Wait, I take that back. Isn't like AI outlawed or something because of some Dune bullshit? But the very first stretch goal is hardly ever mentioned almost exactly nine years after it's achievement. Hell they don't even have repair mechanics little alone repair robot mechanics.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
a couple of things, thread.

Did bootcha really get silenced by a lawsuit and that's why he doesn't do videos anymore

also
There's a free fly this weekend right? I have never tried becoming a citizen. How badly will it damage my computer if i install it and then subsequently run it?

My friend tells me its great now and he said he's only in for $60

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Decrepus posted:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

fuddy-buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Peachy. Took advantage of recent drops in 11th gen hardware and built me a new system. I can actually semi-run SC now, but really using it for stuff like racing sims and BF, etc.

What's your favourite sim?