Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The latest Ghostbusters News has the title "Dan Aykroyd says working on Ghostbusters: Afterlife was "full joy," talks cancel-culture" and I was going "Nooooooooooo Dan don't be one of those Hollywood guys who has opinions about cancel culture :ohdear:" but it turns out he's the opposite of one of those guys and is in favour of ditching hurtful divisive comedy. He specifically talk about how he used to be great friends with James Brown and does a pretty good impression of him but he's realising that just because he can doesn't mean that he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh, thank gently caress. I love Aykroyd and he's a rare example of autistic representation in pop culture.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I have my tickets pre-ordered for Ghostbusters 3. Been waiting on this since 1990.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

text me a vag pic posted:

I have my tickets pre-ordered for Ghostbusters 3. Been waiting on this since 1990.

This image is giving me flashbacks to gbcentral.org in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

roffels posted:

This image is giving me flashbacks to gbcentral.org in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

didn't you hear Chris Farley is going to be in GB3 Busterz in H*ll ??? Dan said itz filming next summer!!!!1!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

WonkyBob posted:

The slime on the carpet is dark green in this shot, the lighter slime colour looks more like the TRG slime.

https://imgur.com/a/kT46hOp

Well I'll be damned, it does look green on the carpet. 30 years and I've never noticed that.

roffels posted:

guess its time to load up the ghostbusters doom wad

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Tom Guycot posted:

Well I'll be damned, it does look green on the carpet. 30 years and I've never noticed that.

One of the Blurays has really awful colour "correction" and the entire shot looks green (even Murrays face), I wonder if the colourist had similar thoughts. "I'm sure this looked greener... I'll just..... Tweak this.... A little.... What do you mean I can't revert changes?"

https://www.theraffon.net/spookcentral/gb1_homevid_compare.htm

The first DVD I bought was that 1999 version with the heavier purple hue, wish I knew more about colour grading because I'd love to get the colours in the 2160p version to match it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Final trailer Peter and Winston finally make an appearance, of sorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ua10EMbSg

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

oh my god

talk about your nostalgia peddling!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tom Guycot posted:

oh my god

I know, I loving LOVE it.

Now they just need a ghoulish football player, cop, mailman, toilet, and grandma and they're all set!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I also noticed symmetrical book stacking for the first time in that trailer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ITS TIME

TO BUST

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

oh my god

I had a friend who wanted to try his hand at 3D modeling. So he made a mini-version of that ghost, had some 3D printed, they looked cool as hell, aaaaand got a C&D.

e: oh yeah this figure here

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 9, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Just got a Facebook ad for this
https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/131714001_.html

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I just noticed that the Australian release date for GB:AL is January 1 next year what the actual fuckkkkkkk :argh:

GB News gave it a really positive review but like all of Bradford Exchange stuff it's an overpriced piece of poo poo which doesn't live up to the photoshopped images on the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAF9hFvvSDs

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 10, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Go see the new Ghostbusters, bub. (no spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfiMsKBplks

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I just noticed that the Australian release date for GB:AL is January 1 next year what the actual fuckkkkkkk :argh:

I hope the AU box office receipts for Dune, Bond and Ghostbusters are in the toilet.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GB News gave it a really positive review but like all of Bradford Exchange stuff it's an overpriced piece of poo poo which doesn't live up to the photoshopped images on the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAF9hFvvSDs

As much as I appreciate the info side of GB News I do get that vibe about a lot of the stuff that comes out. He was overwhelmingly positive about the Haslab Pack slime crap too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
GBNews is pointless on mobile. It's 90% ads, and then rather than text about the news, it's a video.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Incoming effort post. I like Ghostbusters a lot. It's my favorite movie. I like legos too. I made all these over the past few years and figure now is the best time to share them.

https://imgur.com/a/IEff8cw

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

deoju posted:

Incoming effort post. I like Ghostbusters a lot. It's my favorite movie. I like legos too. I made all these over the past few years and figure now is the best time to share them.

https://imgur.com/a/IEff8cw

All of these are amazing but my favorite was Fearsome Flush, my Dad bought it for me and it was awesome, I'm sorry you were unable to experience the hilarity of putting your Real Ghostbuster on it and then have the toilet eat them :(

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Some of the Detroit Ghostbusters are in New York for the Afterlife premiere, and they just met the three remaining original Ghostbusters at the fire house.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
Regarding the excellent Legos and the line "Ray is missing his ears."—let us not forget that Venkman pulls one of his ears in GB1 and both of them, more aggressively, in GB2, so you're simply illustrating the logical conclusion of it all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This actually somehow made me less interested in seeing the movie since it kind of spoils A BUNCH of poo poo.

Which I would imagine is for the sake of calming down and pleasing chuds.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PneumonicBook posted:

All of these are amazing but my favorite was Fearsome Flush, my Dad bought it for me and it was awesome, I'm sorry you were unable to experience the hilarity of putting your Real Ghostbuster on it and then have the toilet eat them :(
Hey, thanks. :shobon: My friend did have a Fearsome Flush when we were kids, so I did get to play it a little bit. pee pee doo doo it is a good toy.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Some of the Detroit Ghostbusters are in New York for the Afterlife premiere, and they just met the three remaining original Ghostbusters at the fire house.

Soooo jealous.

Icon-Cat posted:

Regarding the excellent Legos and the line "Ray is missing his ears."—let us not forget that Venkman pulls one of his ears in GB1 and both of them, more aggressively, in GB2, so you're simply illustrating the logical conclusion of it all.
ha ha, I forgot about that. C'mere, Francine.

AndyElusive posted:

This actually somehow made me less interested in seeing the movie since it kind of spoils A BUNCH of poo poo.

Which I would imagine is for the sake of calming down and pleasing chuds.
Final trailers are always spoilery as gently caress. I don't watch them as a rule for movies I am pumped to see. If you have to watch, mute them first.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 15, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have tickets booked for Monday evening in my local cinema with the reclining chairs (that I saw Dune in) and I am exceptionally excited.
This and Spider-man are the two films I have been most looking forward to!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Got 3 tickets for Thursday night. One for myself, the wife, and the proton pack. I went by the theater this past weekend and explained my intentions and showed them photos of the whole getup so I should be all clear to show up in full on absolute dork mode.

gregday fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 16, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got tickets for tomorrow night in imax. We’ll see!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

gregday posted:

Got 3 tickets for Thursday night. One for myself, the wife, and the proton pack. I went by the theater this past weekend and explained my intentions and showed them photos of the whole getup so I should be all clear to show up in full on absolute dork mode.

I've got my tickets for Thursday evening! I won't be wearing my suit because it bunches up in the crotch a lot. Wish I had that pee tube though, I bet its handy during movies.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pro tip: Never fart in a jumpsuit.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

deoju posted:

Pro tip: Never fart in a jumpsuit.

Best post in the thread

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I got tickets for Friday night! Super excited! :dance:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Seeing it tomorrow with the crew in uniform.

Also, HI-C is having a Twitter contest to give away EctoCooler because they’re too cowardly to have a retail release.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

gregday posted:

Hey, if the piss-yourself-afraid-of-ghosts tube is functional, you won't have to take any bathroom breaks during the movie :haw:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I've got my tickets for tonight. Currently doing my hypeup of watching 1 & 2 followed by the cartoons until it's time to head out.

It's been a while since I've been amped to head out to the show for a movie. Feels good, kinda like bustin' makes one feel good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Seeing this moopie in about two hours

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I won't be seeing it until next week and I'm so insanely jealous of everyone who is seeing it before me.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Sitting down in the theater right now. :f5h::circlefap:

Just walked right in wearing my proton pack BTW.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Going to IMAX tomorrow night :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I, along with others, would very much appreciate spoiler-free reviews when you can.