Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

But I like cargo pants and drive a tacoma…. Wouldn’t be caught dead (in the streets) in that hat or glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I'd say SUV or Truck with a cow-catcher ram.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

Stolen valor! Smoke his rear end!

Looks like night watch from b5 to me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I'd say SUV or Truck with a cow-catcher ram.

Whew! Now only 1/4 a dork.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

He should be driving a Crown Vic. Regular Car Reviews called them the official car of open carrying while dropping your kid off at day care

That or an F-150 base model or a Chevy Suburban.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Are you even a grey man if you don’t always have a five o clock shadow and wear 5.11 cargo pants, hiking boots and a tan muted flag ballcap when driving around town in your Tahoe that’s 50% cow catcher and 10% ham radio antennas while concealed carrying your black furnitured dura coated 1911 on the way to pick up Timmy from soccer?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Another message to my fellow grey men keeping America’s malls safe from ISIS this holiday season: 9mm has no stopping power especially on those THUGS that don’t PULL THEIR PANTS UP.

If only they discovered the joy of wearing a riggers belt to tuck in their olive green safari land button down. Feels just like my favorite character on NCIS.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
relevant content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLyGVJAT02A

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wtf are grey men, I'm assuming you don't mean the dudes from wheel of time

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sounds like they're trying to get all the attention, so probably not.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wolves in sheep's clothing. Incognito until their feelings get hurt or any challenge to their way of thought comes up.

How to look like an undercover cop without being one. Slacks, polo, gear.

Myrtar, with a vengeance.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Idiots who are so fragile and in need of attention that they somehow think they need to look like "the normies" so that antifa super soldier gangster thug criminal wolf thats about to rob the piggly wiggly doesn't take them our first in split second recognition of their mall ninja ccw crime stopper sheepdog skills.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

stealie72 posted:

Idiots who are so fragile and in need of attention that they somehow think they need to look like "the normies" so that antifa super soldier gangster thug criminal wolf thats about to rob the piggly wiggly doesn't take them our first in split second recognition of their mall ninja ccw crime stopper sheepdog skills.

Gonna be honest the meta in this game is getting real weird.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

SHEEPDOGS that PROTECT you SHEEP from the WOLVES

-LS3(retired, medically) Clint Bupkis

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.'”

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food

*record screech*
Lol lies.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Robert Facepalmer posted:

I could actually see Charlie having served. He seems like the type that would generally poo poo the ASVAB, but score insanely high on some category that the recruiter could not pass up and Charlie would not know what the gently caress was going on and just go with it. Hijinks ensue.

Charlie is just illiterate.
He'll be fast tracked for CSM.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Robert Facepalmer posted:

I could actually see Charlie having served. He seems like the type that would generally poo poo the ASVAB, but score insanely high on some category that the recruiter could not pass up and Charlie would not know what the gently caress was going on and just go with it. Hijinks ensue.

You described the majority of the enlisted experience.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I feel attacked.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

boop the snoot posted:

I feel attacked.

Welcome back. :)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

Wolves in sheep's clothing. Incognito until their feelings get hurt or any challenge to their way of thought comes up.

How to look like an undercover cop without being one. Slacks, polo, gear.

Myrtar, with a vengeance.

https://twitter.com/krus_chiki/status/1386664959942201351?s=20

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I didn't know either. Google had this to say:

Lmao

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hyperlynx posted:

I didn't know either. Google had this to say:

Lmao

Okay, I stand corrected. Inspired by the WoT creature (or maybe Robert Jordan was inspired by this concept from previous sources), just executed extremely poorly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

They're the short guys in flying saucers who are into butt stuff.

Kidding aside, "grey man" is an aspirational goal for all kinds of soi-disant ~*aMeRiCaN :bAdAsSeS*~ who like to think they look unremarkable while going about their Very Important Bad rear end Business. I first encountered the term reading an interview some retired CIA-gull gave about his career where he said that was what all the spies were like. Sure, the 30-year old Ivy League frat bro who doesn't know any local language besides "one more" absolutely can't be picked out of the crowd.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I think the most important part of the look is the little tactical pout they all seem to have in these photo-ops

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Midjack posted:

Sure, the 30-year old Ivy League frat bro who doesn't know any local language besides "one more" absolutely can't be picked out of the crowd.

https://youtu.be/EiDpaM2r72A

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Wrr posted:

I think the most important part of the look is the little tactical pout they all seem to have in these photo-ops

Um it's called "situational awareness" thank you

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’m on guard in case any anchor babies try and shoot up Denny’s.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
If someone doesnt show up to work and nobody notices, thats a grey man.

Not this operator bullshit

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So it's a method to weaponize boringness. Next they should start calling their fat rolls "tactical calorie reserves".

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This gray man thing sounds dumb but it also sounds like the exact way I try to live my life in a day to day basis.

I thought I was just being a private loner. I didn’t know there was a club.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That’s snacks. Fat rolls are strategic.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

This gray man thing sounds dumb but it also sounds like the exact way I try to live my life in a day to day basis.

You can not be a grey man in crocks.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Im grey

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Oh yeah, well we'll just see who's 'a giant creep' when I'm the only one ready when Al-Qaeda rolls up to the gas station*, Linda."

*actual thing a former coworker insisted he was going to be ready for, circa 2005

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Dad Grey So What?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

It was how my dad told me to survive army schools (he retired as an LTC). Don’t be first, don’t be last, be the guy the instructors can barely single out of the crowd of students that are continually pissing them off.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Midjack posted:

They're the short guys in flying saucers who are into butt stuff.

Kidding aside, "grey man" is an aspirational goal for all kinds of soi-disant ~*aMeRiCaN :bAdAsSeS*~ who like to think they look unremarkable while going about their Very Important Bad rear end Business. I first encountered the term reading an interview some retired CIA-gull gave about his career where he said that was what all the spies were like. Sure, the 30-year old Ivy League frat bro who doesn't know any local language besides "one more" absolutely can't be picked out of the crowd.
Aha, the only actual actual PI that (I know) I’ve met was a slightly attractive, slightly fat back woman, and and she was amazing at fading into the background. I called her a bullshitter on this, as it was a neighborhood bar (one of two then, one of one now) and for a couple of years she took great amusement in tapping my shoulder and saying hi, even after I obviously scanned for her every time I entered the place.

Yes, her wig game was part of this, even so it was pretty fun. She told me she could be ignored anyplace, and then took cellphone pics of every couple in the place. I took one then got threatened, lol. I should drop by that place again, it’s been a long time.

Terrible bar otherwise, except for her having the only pinball machine within 5 min of my house. Oh, it had that guy named ‘Dave’ that could have won a David Cross lookalike contest. He never knew why I remembered his name, as he had no idea who David Cross is.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Icon Of Sin posted:

It was how my dad told me to survive army schools (he retired as an LTC). Don’t be first, don’t be last, be the guy the instructors can barely single out of the crowd of students that are continually pissing them off.

In boot I tried but my literal grey hair stood me out.
If you join as an old shave your drat head before you start boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Are the kneepads for sucking dick?