Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tron Legacy loving ruled and I wish we got more no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Tron Legacy is a good album but I never got around to watching that movie they made for it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blockhouse posted:

tron legacy was a very accurate title because it hewed closely to the original tron's legacy of being intensely loving boring

:wrong:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's right about the first one.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Tron was the first isekai
no I will not be taking follow-up questions

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BrianWilly posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Even if you don't count that for 'history' reasons (even though Arthur is pure fantasy), John Carter exists.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BrianWilly posted:

Someone blissfully unaware of Gor.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mr Hootington posted:

What time do the mods and iks wake up?

What is going on with this avatar text, Hoot?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Beachcomber posted:

I saw the Snyder Cut in the bookmobile and picked it up. Could someone remind me of the politics behind its release? Was it basically gamergate/anti-sjw? Or am I conflating things and entitled nerds are just the same no matter what?

If you're going to ask a question please don't make it extremely loaded like you did here. That's begging for trouble.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Spider-Man trailer today?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

omg chael crash posted:

What is going on with this avatar text, Hoot?

Which one?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Spider-Man trailer today?
Allegedly it's releasing at 8:30 eastern

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Now thread, be nice and don't purposefully troll for Snyder stuff and you might get to see Willem Dafoe tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J28GDeGOpUs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Allegedly it's releasing at 8:30 eastern

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1460755532017397766?s=10

there's a stupid event FOR A TRAILER

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's dumb as poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Now thread, be nice and don't purposefully troll for Snyder stuff and you might get to see Willem Dafoe tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J28GDeGOpUs

Willem Dafoe? From Zack Snyder's Justice League and Aquaman?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Willem Dafoe? From Zack Snyder's Justice League and Aquaman?

Willem Dafoe when his agent got him the Vulko role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhpF6Yfa3wo

did they pay to go to this???

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 17, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzbalQ6Lg8

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
welp, Guess they're not in it! Case closed!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

loving lit as gently caress.

If Toby and Garfield are in the movie, they're keeping that under wraps real good. I wonder if the "they're coming through!" bit is not the Spider-Foes but something else?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

twistedmentat posted:

loving lit as gently caress.

If Toby and Garfield are in the movie, they're keeping that under wraps real good. I wonder if the "they're coming through!" bit is not the Spider-Foes but something else?

So excited to see NEW GOBLIN

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You'll get Tobey and Andrew when you FIX THIS drat DOOR!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My assumption is that Andrew Garfield-Man is going to show up to save MJ there. Also was it just me or was that Harry Goblin in one shot?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I still do not understand the Multiverse and I'm blaming Sony for it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
"They all die fighting Spider-man"

Curt Connors did not die!!! And neither did Harry in ASM2, if that was really him in the trailer (I was under the impression James Franco didn't really like doing the films so I doubt it's that version of him).

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm probably weird, because the idea that the core conflict in this movie stems from Peter refusing to put all these dead villains back in the ground is probably the most exciting thing about it to me

other than a probable Venom cameo

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’m hella intrigued at what the trailer is laying down, that Holland-Spidey is somehow trying to save McGuire-Spidey and Garfield-Spidey’s villains from being killed by them? And going toe-to-toe with Strange to do it? Also, sympathetic Ock? This is hitting a lot of good notes for me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm sure (I hope) the CGI isn't finished yet but :laffo:

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Argue posted:

Curt Connors did not die!!! And neither did Harry in ASM2, if that was really him in the trailer (I was under the impression James Franco didn't really like doing the films so I doubt it's that version of him).

I am more convinced than ever that they're setting up a new, happier ending for Doc Ock

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just saw this on twitter regarding the Spider man trailer:

if you watch the shot where Holland leaps after Electro, Sandman, and Lizard, half way through the Lizard's jump he gets punched in the face but there's no one there.

EDIT: Goddamnit that video might be faked somehow now?

The Dave fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 17, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SO, (probable spoiler for the trailer?) Loki, Sylvie, Peter and Dr. Strange hosed up the entire multi-verse by doing their poo poo all at the same time? Like some dumb cosmic coincidence? Because lol, I'm up to it! Or the multiverse merging is Kang's fault?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Argue posted:

Sandman didn't, either!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like the premise of trying to actually *save* the villains, for sure. Way better than just "dang its the sinister six i guess"

Also I like that in the MCU the Statue of Liberty is getting a big Cap shield

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I figured it out. At the end of the trailer when Strange says they’re starting to come through? There’s really only one option.

That’s right.

You guessed it.

KNULL AND SYMBIOTES TIME, BAYBEE

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK, I think I understand what it happening here.

These are not the villains from the Sony movies... that we saw. These are all from different universes that are very similar to those universes, but NOT those universes. That's why Electro is totally different, Doc Ock's got red arms instead of yellow ones, why some of the villains are missing, and why they're all alive in the first place.

If, say, a portal was opened to MaguireVerse, then Goblin and Doc Ock were dead by the time Sandman existed. But if they're all from three different universes, or even just one universe where they never died, then it makes sense.

Strange saying they all die fighting Spider-Man doesn't mean "Hey I saw these movies and I know they should be dead so you have to do this to prevent a paradox!" It means that Peter is the cause of the spell loving up, so it's intrinsically tied to him fixing things, and to fix things, they all have to die by Spider-Man's hand. That's the black suit; It's a magic suit made by Strange and Strange is imbuing it with some sort of power to seal off the multiverses by killing those that broke through.

Or something.

Is there any precedent in the comics about how the Multiverse stuff functions?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jamesman posted:

Is there any precedent in the comics about how the Multiverse stuff functions?

Yeah you just come up with whatever you want and say it’s X universe where it’s a previously unused universe. That’s it. Whole point of the marvel multiverse is that it’s endless. It’s why the main marvel universe is 616 instead of 1. it’s just one of endless many.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm probably weird, because the idea that the core conflict in this movie stems from Peter refusing to put all these dead villains back in the ground is probably the most exciting thing about it to me

other than a probable Venom cameo

That got an "oh wow" from me too. It fits the character, it was sitting right there, and I didn't see it coming at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cartridgeblowers posted:

You'll get Tobey and Andrew when you FIX THIS drat DOOR!!!

Strange is trying to hold Bully Maguire from coming through.

Otherwise he's gonna put some dirt in his eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whole movie will be taking place and it'll randomly cut throughout to Eddie and Venom helplessly watching the news while trying to make sense of what any of this means