Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

You can get reusable ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

nice snipe

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

there was an Iain Banks book about a spook org who could pop pills and be inserted into the desired timeline, into an unwilling host ala Sirhan, whose life once the agent left was usually ruined.

yadda yadda in each and every timeline and esp the conspiracies main one the overriding goal was to prevent contact with birds

birds and weirdo mind psychonauts i think are part and parcel.

the US army once found its really loving hard to get people to actually aim to kill in anger. they did all sorts of poo poo to make it easier for the person pulling the trigger but they ran up against some hard programming in that most people wont deliberately kill other people, the ones that can do it tend to be very good at it

it maybe the same with birds and space and fitting into it. maybe only some are cut out for it and all that goes with it.

99.9% of us would be Arthur fuckin Dent but some weirdos and misfits who have been patiently trying to explain things may find their moment

this topic is nothing if not truly romantic in scope tragedy and desire

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao suck it NDT nerds

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

let's gooo

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Rah! posted:

lmao suck it NDT nerds

Ehhh, it's not quite the slam dunk the tweet makes it out to be. If you click through they're quoting an article on their web page, not making an official "From SETI" statement. That said, the article is interviewing one of their scientists, and he gives a bunch of skeptical explanations before finishing it by saying the quote in the tweet and admitting that certain sightings, like the Navy sightings where RADAR matched visual observation, are very hard to explain. So it's not nothing, either.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cant wait for the mick west video about how the poor folks at SETI have simply been brainwashed by a lifetime of silly movies and X-files episodes and are confusing fantasy for reality and also omouamoua is a bird

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Log082 posted:

Ehhh, it's not quite the slam dunk the tweet makes it out to be. If you click through they're quoting an article on their web page, not making an official "From SETI" statement. That said, the article is interviewing one of their scientists, and he gives a bunch of skeptical explanations before finishing it by saying the quote in the tweet and admitting that certain sightings, like the Navy sightings where RADAR matched visual observation, are very hard to explain. So it's not nothing, either.

well there's also this talk tomorrow
https://twitter.com/SETIInstitute/status/1458546772821880832?s=20

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Now see, THAT'S something. Especially depending on how the talk ends up.

I mean, I figure if anyone is going to be cautiously optimistic about the scientific study of UAPs, it'd have to be SETI.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Log082 posted:

oh, ok. though i agree that it's not nothing that a SETI scientist admits that some sightings are hard to explain. I feel like in the past SETI has always been extremely skeptical of any UFO sightings and only wants to pay attention to things that they see themselves through their telescopes (nothing lmao).

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:birddrugs:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I…listened and compiled data for thirty years…and…they just…they came and flew around openly in our airspace

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm familiar with the orb effect from zooming on light sources but what the hell is this
https://twitter.com/UfoAmateur/status/1460796267420794883?s=20

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Rah! posted:

this poo poo is hella cool

birds, 1 million years ago:

what if we put two energy beings into the meat computer of these meat beings?

Turns out we've all been rooted and have custom firmware. We die because we've voided the warranty.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm familiar with the orb effect from zooming on light sources but what the hell is this

That looks like a plasma of some sort. Ball lightning?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Sleekly posted:

there was an Iain Banks book about a spook org who could pop pills and be inserted into the desired timeline, into an unwilling host ala Sirhan, whose life once the agent left was usually ruined.

yadda yadda in each and every timeline and esp the conspiracies main one the overriding goal was to prevent contact with birds

birds and weirdo mind psychonauts i think are part and parcel.

the US army once found its really loving hard to get people to actually aim to kill in anger. they did all sorts of poo poo to make it easier for the person pulling the trigger but they ran up against some hard programming in that most people wont deliberately kill other people, the ones that can do it tend to be very good at it

it maybe the same with birds and space and fitting into it. maybe only some are cut out for it and all that goes with it.

99.9% of us would be Arthur fuckin Dent but some weirdos and misfits who have been patiently trying to explain things may find their moment

this topic is nothing if not truly romantic in scope tragedy and desire

I completely forgot until now that I had a dream that that was my job, except it wasn't via pills & the "company" resolved all your debts when you signed on because they expected you to keep working for like 5000 year terms. The nickname for people doing this was "helldiver" which is a kind of bird, and the real solution was a secret kind of underground railroad which funneled agents into contact with aliens so they could defect. Also the job itself sucked so bad lol. Didn't know someone wrote a book about it.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Bilirubin posted:

That looks like a plasma of some sort. Ball lightning?

Unfortunately in a crazy turn of events, the Sandia mountain aliens have released info that it's actually normal birds but from the year 52k. Apparently the time stream is becoming partially destabilized in small localized areas.

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 05:40 on Nov 17, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Speaking of dreams, my partner had one that woke her up this morning. In it she was watching a news cast that was interviewing a bunch of normal dudes wearing Lady Diana wigs to commemorate her and all she went through. No more cosplay than the wigs, a real low key thing. They were about to go to a park or somewhere for a special remembrance ceremony.

What I'm saying is let's make this happen so she can see this news cast irl

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The Demilich posted:

Unfortunately in a crazy turn of events, the Sandia mountain aliens have released into that it's actually normal birds but from the year 52k. Apparently the time stream is becoming partially destabilized in small localized areas.

The Phoenix is real

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

*extremely henry winkler voice*

that's a throne

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

oh, ok. though i agree that it's not nothing that a SETI scientist admits that some sightings are hard to explain. I feel like in the past SETI has always been extremely skeptical of any UFO sightings and only wants to pay attention to things that they see themselves through their telescopes (nothing lmao).

i've always figured this stance was purely motivated by the fact that SETI itself has a hard time getting funding without being perceived as woo-adjacent, not any real beliefs. totally unsurprising to me that they jumped on board as soon as the gov and harvard started saying "hey NDT brain morons, aliens are real"

Pooky posted:

Turns out we've all been rooted and have custom firmware. We die because we've voided the warranty.

gently caress space google i'll install whatever the gently caress i want onto my astral SD card

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/BasedDrWorm/status/1460485830775033857

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TommyTweets4U/status/1459934211058581507
https://twitter.com/TommyTweets4U/status/1460815532563865604
crossposting from the epstein thread so I remember to check back in on this

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I need more orb memes, and I also need to know where they came from.

My own magic depends on it!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The Demilich posted:

I need more orb memes, and I also need to know where they came from.

My own magic depends on it!

I am the illumination I seek in the world:
Origin

valp
Aug 31, 2018

Pooky posted:

Close, but they want us stupid and subservient, not dead. They want control.

-We were modified to no longer produce our own vitamin C. This was done to make humans dependent on alien-provided nutritionally complete diets. Obviously this control method is outdated in today's world.
-We are capable of being hypnotized. This particular ability did not evolve naturally; the alien overlords installed it for their own use.
-They decreased our lifespan so we'd have less time to figure things out.
-They shrunk our pineal gland which blocked our psychic powers.
-Various psychic circuits were installed into our astral bodies. For example, a psychic alien can power one circuit and the human will see them as another human. Or power a different circuit and it blocks all long term memory formation while leaving short term memory intact, with the result that the human is still capable of following orders but will remember nothing. Stuff like that.

They also altered or created our third eye. Information flows into your third eye directly with no firewall, making it an ideal entrance point for feeding you thought-patterns and inducing altered states in your psychology. Think of your third eye as a computer connected to the internet with no firewall and a bunch of intentional security flaws and backdoors; any tainted information you take in can and will infect your entire system, and basically everything out there is tainted.

But most importantly they gave us their mind, their predator mind full of fear and hunger and anger and lust. They made us in their image because they already understood themselves quite well; how much easier to understand humans, who were just stupider versions of themselves!

If you're wondering why super advanced aliens would decide that modifying a bunch of hairless apes was a worthwhile use of their time I can explain that too.

You guys have no idea how much crazy poo poo I had to read through to be able to write stuff like this.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I could see Bezos making human like creatures to work in his space factories once the first generation of indentured space slaves die off.

Remember when they shut down that Sun observatory a couple years ago? Was that only a CP sting?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

I could see Bezos making human like creatures to work in his space factories once the first generation of indentured space slaves die off.

My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

valp posted:

If you're wondering why super advanced aliens would decide that modifying a bunch of hairless apes was a worthwhile use of their time I can explain that too.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

Remember when they shut down that Sun observatory a couple years ago? Was that only a CP sting?

that was the public story at least lol. a lot of the disclosure poo poo has happened since then...

edit: lol it was the sunspot observatory near Alamogordo, NM. right near white sands and holloman AFB

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 07:16 on Nov 17, 2021

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

valp posted:

Close, but they want us stupid and subservient, not dead. They want control.

-We were modified to no longer produce our own vitamin C. This was done to make humans dependent on alien-provided nutritionally complete diets. Obviously this control method is outdated in today's world.
-We are capable of being hypnotized. This particular ability did not evolve naturally; the alien overlords installed it for their own use.
-They decreased our lifespan so we'd have less time to figure things out.
-They shrunk our pineal gland which blocked our psychic powers.
-Various psychic circuits were installed into our astral bodies. For example, a psychic alien can power one circuit and the human will see them as another human. Or power a different circuit and it blocks all long term memory formation while leaving short term memory intact, with the result that the human is still capable of following orders but will remember nothing. Stuff like that.

They also altered or created our third eye. Information flows into your third eye directly with no firewall, making it an ideal entrance point for feeding you thought-patterns and inducing altered states in your psychology. Think of your third eye as a computer connected to the internet with no firewall and a bunch of intentional security flaws and backdoors; any tainted information you take in can and will infect your entire system, and basically everything out there is tainted.

But most importantly they gave us their mind, their predator mind full of fear and hunger and anger and lust. They made us in their image because they already understood themselves quite well; how much easier to understand humans, who were just stupider versions of themselves!

You guys have no idea how much crazy poo poo I had to read through to be able to write stuff like this.

Don't stop I'm almost there

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Wheeee posted:

people like this zac guy

what is it like to be incapable of inductive reasoning, to have no pattern recognition abilities? do they live quiet internal lives of contentment, or is their obtuseness a means of warding off a frightening and confusing world?

:allears: Obsessively projecting the same silly sci-fi fable onto every fleeting shadow isn't the great intellectual effort you think it is. There is so much more interesting poo poo in the real world.

For real, at a certain point you have to say "this is something"

or is it really that it's more likely that every facet of the US government is working in lockstep along with academia, independent research institutions, foreign governments, and citizens to suddenly reverse nearly 100 years of denial for... reasons?

How does one even approach a claim as shamelessly nuts as this? "Every fact of the US government"???!!! Come the gently caress on dude. The circle of academics and "researchers" isn't that much bigger than it's ever been either. There's certainly not some sweeping scientific revolution in the field.

A disinformation campaign to distract from the looming climate apocalypse is the obvious iNduCTivE reAsoNiNG answer to why USGov ghouls would promote this poo poo. People ITT openly admit to using it as cope for our crumbling world order. "Life sucks man, just let us have fun hunting UFOs!" :350: Who do you think benefits from that?

Riot Bimbo is the only honest poster here. You need religion in your lives? Get religion and ditch the pseudoscience! Ufology is intellectual centrism.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

A disinformation campaign to distract from the looming climate apocalypse is the obvious iNduCTivE reAsoNiNG answer to why USGov ghouls would promote this poo poo. People ITT openly admit to using it as cope for our crumbling world order. "Life sucks man, just let us have fun hunting UFOs!" :350: Who do you think benefits from that?

How does one even approach a claim as shamelessly nuts as this?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i am normally the first poster to argue with people who barge into this thread to tell us we're all silly, and the very last poster to give up and say "lmao gently caress off"

so please take this in the spirit i mean it in when i say it after you've only made three posts:

lmao gently caress off

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Lol shots fired

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

We better start making people think aliens exist to calm down all these eco-terrorists popping up all over the place!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

You know what would help us avoid anti-government sentiment and questioning of the status quo? Tell the populous that we've been hiding critical information about the nature of reality from them.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

dont forget the magical free energy

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

honestly if it's all an op and there's no birds, the only likely thing is that letter agency goons are trying to redirect q-anon nerds into the ufo scene so that instead of more assaults on the capitol we get people pointing their anuses at the stars in cornfields

with that said there's clearly fuckin birds and this thread owns. if governments wanted to distract people from the looming climate apocalypse and parallel breakdown of society they wouldn't try to convince everyone that aliens are real in a way that's indistinguishable from incoherent flailing, they'd just legalize all the drugs because at least that's profitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

:allears: Obsessively projecting the same silly sci-fi fable onto every fleeting shadow isn't the great intellectual effort you think it is. There is so much more interesting poo poo in the real world.

How does one even approach a claim as shamelessly nuts as this? "Every fact of the US government"???!!! Come the gently caress on dude. The circle of academics and "researchers" isn't that much bigger than it's ever been either. There's certainly not some sweeping scientific revolution in the field.

Riot Bimbo is the only honest poster here. You need religion in your lives? Get religion and ditch the pseudoscience! Ufology is intellectual centrism.

you’ve been saving up all this time and this is the best shot you’ve got? :sad:

you’re a dumb little man, and that’s okay there’s no shame in it, you’re getting piled on because you’re also annoyingly aggressive about it. you quite literally have failed to comprehend this thread and the posting within, nobody is engaging you seriously because you are not a serious individual