Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

sooo facial (and other hair lol) chat!

firstly excellent moustache gramps!

secondly EFN - the old saying used to be that if you went bald at the front you were a great thinker, if you went bald from the back you're a great lover and if you go bald from both you think you're a great lover!

but of course it's just hair really - HP don't worry too much, i used to have long hair but being bald is actually kinda cool - way less effort than long hair plus here at least it's nice during summer. although anyone going bald i would recommend you be careful and wear hats outside cause sunburned scalps are not fun!!!

Mormon Nailer - lol nice on rocking the armpit hair and if it helps I'll leave you my beard in my will!

How Wonderful - it sucks that there is that kinda prejudice against women going bald, I remember when my mum had to lose her hair cause of cancer treatment and despite being an awesome and extremely accomplished lady she initially was kinda mildly terrified at the idea. I was able to somewhat help though cause when I shaved her head for her I surprised her by shaving off my beard entirely for the first (and only time) in years.

was weird as gently caress and didn't recognize myself - neither did a close friend who I was going over to Melbourne with the next day for a Wu Tang show - but it got her to laugh and forget feeling self conscious. and later she got some cool wigs so that helped too! anyways hope you get to keep your hair but if not then remember you're still a kickass rad person who i am honored to post with :love: hope you and Bingo Bango are doing well friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
A foto for you, byob.

-VS and Kacie

cruft

FluffieDuckie posted:

I have a cousin who has alopecia. We never know if he’ll have hair when we go see him. He just shaves it when it starts to fall out and then if it grows out right he lets it grow. He doesn’t seem to mind it :shrug:

As autoimmune disorders go, it's not a big deal, I don't mind it much either. I just was hoping to, at some point in my mid-life, not need another haircut.

cruft

I've known a few bald ladies, seems like it's gaining acceptance.

I mean I personally don't give a flip, so right there that's only 6,999,999,999 people left to worry about.

(But I think quite a lot of them don't give a flip either)

Heather Papps

hello friend

A BALD.... WOMAN? WHY I NEVER
*faints into mancave chaise lounge*

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am thinking about becoming bald on purpose this time, the last time I was bald was not by choice and my head was very nude and cold.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I am thinking about becoming bald on purpose this time, the last time I was bald was not by choice and my head was very nude and cold.

It's a bold choice doing this at the beginning of winter. Get yourself some nice hats, maybe even a sleep cap.

cruft

For all the insane poo poo aliens do to their brains, you'd think the Star Trek people would be a lot less reluctant to admit they're seeing things that aren't there.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Stoner Sloth posted:

How Wonderful - it sucks that there is that kinda prejudice against women going bald, I remember when my mum had to lose her hair cause of cancer treatment and despite being an awesome and extremely accomplished lady she initially was kinda mildly terrified at the idea. I was able to somewhat help though cause when I shaved her head for her I surprised her by shaving off my beard entirely for the first (and only time) in years.

Well this is the most heartwarming thing I have read all day, thank you sloth. :)

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Viginti Septem posted:

A foto for you, byob.

-VS and Kacie

I love your photos so freaking much

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Oh whoa, thank you! My creativity is in the slumps right now, but I'm learning some new things by digging around in the far reaches of the ole attic.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Have another from the backyard

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Viginti Septem posted:

Have another from the backyard

great flower and really nice shot. i miss my garden.

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

cruft

I think I just broke my toe again, LOL.

I really need to buy myself a pair of house slippers. Apparently I can't keep from slamming my feet into furniture.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay which one of you did this

Because thank you lol

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

cruft posted:

I think I just broke my toe again, LOL.

I really need to buy myself a pair of house slippers. Apparently I can't keep from slamming my feet into furniture.

i wanted to post a picture of my bruised toe the other day. sup furniture bro :hfive:

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have smashed one of my toes with a paving stone before and ever since then I find new and interesting ways to smack it on furniture. I swear it has a mind of its own and seeks out things to bump against.

alnilam

hosed up toes crew

ty manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i have broken off both my big toenails through various toe-stubbing incidents be careful!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

also heck yeah slipper crew

alnilam

I bruised my two big toes very badly climbing a mountain. I got blisters on my heels a few miles in due to holy socks (:worship:) so i spent the rest of the climb and descent jamming my feet forward to take pressure off the blisters. Result: (very slightly :nms:) black and blue big toenails and toes that hurt terribly for a few weeks and kept finding ways to bonk on stuff. Now the toes feel better and the nails sound hollow and dead and i think they are slowly working their way off. But man it was a good 3 weeks of yelping very loudly every slightest toe stub, which seemed to happen every day

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

As a person who had a stage mom when I was a kid, I danced on pointe and in heels for tap and modern and plays, and my toes and feet are hosed. Solidarity hosed up toes crew, I would post my feet but someone would probably definitely be gross about it.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

I bruised my two big toes very badly climbing a mountain. I got blisters on my heels a few miles in due to holy socks (:worship:) so i spent the rest of the climb and descent jamming my feet forward to take pressure off the blisters. Result: (very slightly :nms:) black and blue big toenails and toes that hurt terribly for a few weeks and kept finding ways to bonk on stuff. Now the toes feel better and the nails sound hollow and dead and i think they are slowly working their way off. But man it was a good 3 weeks of yelping very loudly every slightest toe stub, which seemed to happen every day

+1 hosed up hiking toe crew, my hiking shoes that I otherwise love don't quite prevent the toes from sliding forward and it can make descents a v uncomfortable thing

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

I stub my toes so often I’ve learned the only way to protect my big toenails is to get gel color from the nail professionals. I don’t know what they put in that gel but it hardens my nails so much that they become a weapon and when I hit some dumb furniture my nail just bounces off.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Bad Video Games

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Prog isn't a genre.

Prog is an era.

Just like Noir cinema, or Ming vases. You can make a vase this weekend in the style of the Ming dynasty, but that don't make it no Ming vase (no matter how hard you argue at the Antiques Road Show).

A little late, but 100% true. Other musical eras are Motown, Bubblegum Pop, Grunge and Hair Metal.

And Disco.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What about Polynesian speed gospel?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

It's good

Bad Video Games

Zil posted:

Sure, add it to the list.

Is that anything like scat?

https://youtu.be/9CbVy1NnB4g

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay I legit don't know who sent me the mug so that's a little weird!!!! I don't think there's been any update to Santana yet so I do not think Carlos did this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
laugh at the mug if you want but you're still hating people you've never met, no thanks

Bad Video Games

Oh, I missed bald chat! I used to regularly shave my head to the skin because I liked the way it looked but now I'm lazy. I just keep a tight buzz cut because my receding hair line looks disgusting if I let it grow.

biosterous

Luvcow posted:

you're still hating people you've never met

nah

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Here's a really hosed up gothic horror hymn i came across, sung to the tune of 'Auld Lang Syne'. Look at this graveyard where your body will soon be! Gaze upon your certain doom!

Hark! from the tomb a doleful sound,
Mine ears, attend the cry,
Ye living men, come view the ground
Where you must shortly lie.

“Princes, this clay must be your bed,
In spite of all your tow’rs;
The tall, the wise, the rev’rend head,
Must lie as low as ours.”

Great God! Is this our certain doom?
And are we still secure?
Still walking downward to the tomb,
And yet prepared no more!

Congregationalists do NOT gently caress around :black101:

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4FHvJvrElM&t=88s if you want to listen. it's sacred harp/shapenote singing. it's weird.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

my dad is nearing the end of his life and is "cis het", it's very difficult to watch and he's lived a good life helping people and raised me in an extremely progressive unitarian universalist life. you want to drink his tears and laugh about it? pleased don't hate anyone for who they are. hate brings more hate, it's not the answer. you seriously want this type of hate allowed here?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'll just add before i leave here: we've all known people from different walks of life who were born and raised in different ways. please don't hate them for things they have no control over. i realize it's easy to overlook hate from people who have been hated but it doesn't make it right. you know nothing about me or why i say this and i know nothing about you who reads this.

Stoner Sloth

Luvcow posted:

my dad is nearing the end of his life and is "cis het", it's very difficult to watch and he's lived a good life helping people and raised me in an extremely progressive unitarian universalist life. you want to drink his tears and laugh about it? pleased don't hate anyone for who they are. hate brings more hate, it's not the answer. you seriously want this type of hate allowed here?

sorry that you and he are going through that

i don't think the mug is likely directed at you or him for what it's worth - nor do i think either the person who sent hte mug or MN actually hate cis het people, it sounds more like a funny way of expressing exasperation at the many cis het people who make things harder for people who aren't cis het?

just a thought, hope ur doing okay friend

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
love ya luvcow. you're not wrong

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

pnac attack posted:

love ya luvcow. you're not wrong

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

it is fair and good to question cis and het normativity. it is not good to target anyone for the way they happen to be that is not under their control. I believe most of us understand and agree with this and hope we can move on.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
sorry everyone. i know the mug is a joke and i know i should have just let it slide but it hit me hard right now. it's a lovely hill to die on right now and it's good that we actually live in a time that it's a lovely hill. i'm just too far gone to be seeing all the hate we have in this world right now and how we justify it. i love you all even if you hate me. we're all human and we all deserve better.