Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

JunkDeluxe posted:

For such an important game this is loving boring.. do something Norway

Both teams paralysed by the fear of losing. Maybe the Bergwijn goal makes them at least try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That'll do Wales, that'll do.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Disappointing performance by Norway but it was Netherlands away and we hosed it all vs Turkey in March anyway so gg to everyone involved, on to 2024.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
You did reasonably well given that the last 4 games you didn't have Haaland.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

for as much money as norway spends on talent development and as popular football is in this country, we don't produce a lot of elite players. if we compare to denmark, only haaland is really better than any alternative the danes have and i'd say that maybe three of the rest would even be considered for denmark. critically, norway lacks a decent goalkeeper. you'd think one of the tallest countries in the world would not have this as such a glaring weak spot, but there you are

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

that said i miss our weird play-dough footy man and wish him the speediest and most permanent of recoveries

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

V. Illych L. posted:

for as much money as norway spends on talent development and as popular football is in this country, we don't produce a lot of elite players. if we compare to denmark, only haaland is really better than any alternative the danes have and i'd say that maybe three of the rest would even be considered for denmark. critically, norway lacks a decent goalkeeper. you'd think one of the tallest countries in the world would not have this as such a glaring weak spot, but there you are

And Haaland is English.

Too many of your kids learn to play on plastic indoor pitches because even in summer it's too cold up north.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

he was born in leeds but he grew up in rural southwestern norway and learned to play there. there's footage of him as a kid saying he'll be better than his dad in the local dialect at age 10 or so, and his english is Not Great, so he clearly learned to speak in norway

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When Yorkshire leaves the UK it'll be him and Vardy leading the line for the YMNT

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

Has any Scandinavian country produced any elite player ever, other than Haaland and Ibra (who is :tito: anyway)?

Ummm... I guess Schmeichel, Solskjaer, Laudrup.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Henrik Larsson

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

Has any Scandinavian country produced any elite player ever

The disrespect to Gunnar Halle in this post. You're lucky I'm on my phone and can't be arsed hitting my buttons

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Allan Simonsen

Preben Elkjær

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Jan Molby

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Before anyone in here's time except Mambo but Nordhal.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Does Eidur Gudjohnsen count? Or Sami Hyypia?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Another oldie Nils Liedholm.

Sweden and Denmark have produced loads of good players over the years

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I mean just list the Danish starting line up circa 1984 to 1986 and be done with it.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/mikeburgess99/status/1461511000574750720

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
You've got to use a definite article in a headline like that

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
FIFA has confirmed it now.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/4524883/world-cup-intercontinental-playoff-to-be-one-legged-games-at-neutral-site

Intercontinental playoff draw will be on Nov. 26.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Daduzi posted:

Does Eidur Gudjohnsen count? Or Sami Hyypia?

Should've remembered them and Larsson. The rest of the names had to google. The more you know!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Oooff

https://twitter.com/AsifBurhan/status/1464267820691243013

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Playoffs gettin spicy already

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
About as good a draw as Scotland could have asked for, same for Wales.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Italy not qualifying would be funny as gently caress but so would Ronald’s tantrum. North Macedonia qualifying definitely the best outcome overall.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
so

Scotland vs Ukraine
Wales vs Austria

Russia vs Poland
Sweden vs Czech Republic

Italy vs North Macedonia
Portugal vs Turkey

still looking for the results of the inter-confederation draw. Seeing several different results atm

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Her Dryer posted:

About as good a draw as Scotland could have asked for, same for Wales.

It would be great if they both got through their Semi-finals to meet in Cardiff. Shame they both cant qualify though

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

still looking for the results of the inter-confederation draw. Seeing several different results atm

AFC vs CONMEBOL
OFC vs CONCACAF

god bless. Even if them good ol' US boys lay a shart in the final rounds of qualifying they just need to get through New Zealand

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

If we even get that far I’m assuming Ronald will just destroy us because of Mancini’s insistence on playing Juventus garbagemen.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Omnikin posted:

AFC vs CONMEBOL
OFC vs CONCACAF

god bless. Even if them good ol' US boys lay a shart in the final rounds of qualifying they just need to get through New Zealand

great news for concacaf

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Omnikin posted:

AFC vs CONMEBOL
OFC vs CONCACAF

Making their eventual defeat even sweeter

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

idk if we have a thread for women's football but England beat Latvia 20 (twenty) nil tonight. Four hat tricks.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat I had a tenner on under 19.5 goals

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

the sex ghost posted:

drat I had a tenner on under 19.5 goals

get help

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Top drawer stuff

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sebzilla posted:

idk if we have a thread for women's football but England beat Latvia 20 (twenty) nil tonight. Four hat tricks.

Sounds like the reason why we don't have a thread for it.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
I did it, I made it through the highlights. This is the pick of the goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yTs7lw34yU&t=329s

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Ludicrous stuff, I've seen more movement from training cones than that Latvia team. England players casually winning headers walking around in the opponent's box because the entire Latvian team is standing around ball watching. How is that an international team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EC10 posted:

get help

:rolleyes: