Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MNIMWA posted:

This is also a bit weird - Anakin/Vader can't sense that there are two fetuses?? No visit to get space-ultrasound with a space-nurse and talk about space pre-natal care where they would go, oh hey, it's twins?

The medical droid said she died of a broken heart so maybe we're not dealing with the very best in medical technology here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Maybe we've all been analyzing these star wars using a false assumption

Maybe everyone in a galaxy far far away is real dumb

Just dumb as hell, like Rey is a dumb kid who hands a lightsaber to old Luke who (again, just dumb as gently caress) throws it away because he mistook it for a fish or something

Maybe Luke got stuck on Tatooine because Obi Wan was stupid as poo poo and bought a desert time share in space florida

Maybe the medical droid said amidala died of a broken heart because it was programmed with the combined medical knowledge of the top ten dumbest doctors in the galaxy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What if that wasn't a medical droid, it just showed up that day and nobody on the ship knew where it came from

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She actually died because they dunked her in the big tank of space essential oils to cure her and she just dissolved.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Medical droid DR-OZ

beep boop have you tried these space açai berries boop beep

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maybe the droid was trying to say that she’d suffered a major physical trauma to her heart and it was no longer functional and everyone was else was just a big dumb dumb that thought it meant she was dying of sadness.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In midnight mass the sheriff has a NES above his tv. Why would you put a corded system above the tv?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Robotic midwifery is a horrifying idea, really

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

Robotic midwifery is a horrifying idea, really

robot development has reached a particular level where it's not good enough to pilot spacetrucks yet but delivering spacebabies is standard

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm tired of all these star wars.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I await the Star Armstice.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Followed by the Star Interregnum.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

FreudianSlippers posted:

Starmstice

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phanatic posted:

Followed by the Star Interregnum.

It's the same drat Star War with a 20-year Star Intermission

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

MNIMWA posted:

This is also a bit weird - Anakin/Vader can't sense that there are two fetuses??
Vader can't sense fetus Luke because Luke has awakened to the force in the womb. Later, Luke will merge with a sarlacc and become god emperor of Tatooine

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Manager Hoyden posted:

Maybe the medical droid said amidala died of a broken heart because it was programmed with the combined medical knowledge of the top ten dumbest doctors in the galaxy

It's me, Doctor Droidberg!

:zoid:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Shouldn't he have sensed 3 fetuses? How else do you explain Bigger Luke?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Foxfire_ posted:

Vader can't sense fetus Luke because Luke has awakened to the force in the womb. Later, Luke will merge with a sarlacc and become god emperor of Tatooine

This would be a much better sequel.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Has anyone read the Revenge of the Sith movie novelization? I've seen multiple articles now saying it's genuinely well written and can even be a standalone Star Wars story. I kind of want to buy it from pure curiousity.

https://www.tor.com/2015/11/19/real-talk-you-should-just-ignore-the-star-wars-prequels-and-read-the-episode-iii-novelization/

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Nov 17, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I remember it being pretty good as far as genre fiction goes, and he did a neat parallel in another book he did with Luke where he lands a ship the same way Anakin did in III but all throughout both books Anakin has this prideful bent to his thoughts (like that he’s good at saving people and it’s what he’s there for) that just isn’t present in Luke’s thoughts. It ends up working pretty well to contrast them even though they’re similar in some ways.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I was moved to tears

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Has anyone read the Revenge of the Sith movie novelization? I've seen multiple articles now saying it's genuinely well written and can even be a standalone Star Wars story. I kind of want to buy it from pure curiousity.

https://www.tor.com/2015/11/19/real-talk-you-should-just-ignore-the-star-wars-prequels-and-read-the-episode-iii-novelization/

I haven't read any of Matt Stover's licensed fiction but I have read his original stuff and it's really good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Have I told you about...

Fluke Skywalker?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Have I told you about...

Fluke Skywalker?
I like to think this is what the underlings of his hosed-up clone in the old EU books called him.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

???

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I'm watching Jungle Cruise. They're at a large town in the Amazon (one that a submarine is able to get to). And then they go further into the Amazon by going...downstream. Down rapids. How does this make any sense. How did the submarine get there. None of this makes any sense.

I'm angry.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Roblo posted:

I'm watching Jungle Cruise. They're at a large town in the Amazon (one that a submarine is able to get to). And then they go further into the Amazon by going...downstream. Down rapids. How does this make any sense. How did the submarine get there. None of this makes any sense.

I'm angry.

They carried the submarine over sections of land, dummy. If Werner Herzog could do it, Jaume Collet-Serra can too!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jungle submarines are more common than you might think. They're just sitting around all over the place in Colombia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco-submarine

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Roblo posted:

I'm angry.

Reminds me of the first Uncharted game where they find a WWII sub in a waterfall in the jungle.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Alhazred posted:

Reminds me of the first Uncharted game where they find a WWII sub in a waterfall in the jungle.

It came from upriver!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The jungle grew around the sub.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Alhazred posted:

Just Cause 2 also has a nuclear sub ambush you from under the ice on a landlocked mountain lake.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

xiw posted:

Just Cause 2 also has a nuclear sub ambush you from under the ice on a landlocked mountain lake.

That one at least makes some sense because it's the same game where the bad guy has an elite team of ninja assassins.

He probably just built the sub in the lake purely as an evil megalomaniac thing.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That landlocked mountain lake has a diameter roughly equal to the length of the runway in Fast & Furious 6, so it'd make sense to make a submarine in it tbh

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

somepartsareme posted:

It came from upriver!

IIRC the actual line was "It came up the river" but Chip and Ironicus misheard it as "upriver" and just ran with it cause it was funnier

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
As for how Anakin didn't sense the twins...do we even know if he knew how babies were made? I mean, I doubt the Jedi kids are taught about reproduction since attachments are bad, so maybe he thought the Force put babies in Padme.

Then the Senator told him about sex, and that Obi-Wan knew about sex, and that was what pushed Anakin over the edge.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does he even have a penis? He was conceived by magic so maybe that's how he reproduces.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, after he got turned into Vader, probably not.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Phy posted:

IIRC the actual line was "It came up the river" but Chip and Ironicus misheard it as "upriver" and just ran with it cause it was funnier

Well that's even dumber, howd it get on top of the waterfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I dunno, I didn't park the drat thing!