Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
How's it going with the fan Trust?

And how's the locker room now that you've lost your old guard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Affi posted:

How's it going with the fan Trust?

Every couple of weeks the game has a event about a consortium or fan trust buying out the club but it always seems to fail.

I'll show off the cursed dynamics page next update, though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
at least your chairman isn't trying to retire for an entire season. Wouldn't that be terrible and also funny.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Oh wow, only the bottom two teams get relegated? That should make it quite easy to not get relegated, especially with Grimsby apparently being really, really, really bad.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I think one season getting our feet under us in League two is perfectly understandable. Let the new players settle in as we round out the team. A mid table finish is a great result this season.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

karmicknight posted:

at least your chairman isn't trying to retire for an entire season. Wouldn't that be terrible and also funny.

:psyduck:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

DTurtle posted:

Oh wow, only the bottom two teams get relegated? That should make it quite easy to not get relegated, especially with Grimsby apparently being really, really, really bad.

Yeah the inverse of its really hard to get promoted from the vanarama national because it's choked at 2 makes it a lot harder to get relegated

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

We do genuinely have no leaders in the team, which may be a problem.

The rest of our dynamics are mixed, our cohesion went down massively from me having to completely rework the squad and the 9 unhappy players are all people I was actually paying who are not nearly good enough for this league, some I even unregistered because our squad limit for this league is so low.

Next up is Southend who have been having a bad season, the only news worse than that is we have to travel down to Essex to play them, urgh.

:iiam:

Ged! :buddy:

I had to heavily rotate for this game too, what a result.

Crazy how big a win can be in this league, we're top half now.

We did beat sunderland pre season but they're still a league above us, so we need to be at our best if we want to advance in the coca cola carabao capital one kfc snickers milk cup.

Hahaha holy poo poo, I started our kids and thought they were dead and buried when Sunderland scored only for O Neill to score a worldie and then I got to watch that horrific penalty shootout but hey, we're through!

:toot:

Ah Notts county, what a club. The inspiration for Juventus kit, the team that had the funniest fake sheikh in football history and just plainly medicore in league 2, you gotta respect it.

A good win for us.

We're headed down to Port Vale for a match, the keen eyed may notice a loss in our form chart but don't worry I will not be covering our Papa John's Trophy games because that is the amount of respect the competition deserves and I'm just using it for fitness anyway.

A decent result here with the draw considering we conceded two goals.

We've been doing pretty drat good this update so I'm looking forward to my hopes being crushed when we lose to Walsall somehow.

Adam campbell proves that star ratings are fake as he completely bosses this game.

Speaking of, here's Bigger's stats now that he's getting regular game time as he rotates with Ged!

Here's a funny one to finish us off today, if we beat ipswich who are only a league 1 team, we'll be in the quarter finals of the carabao capital one coca cola kfc cup.

Holy poo poo Tony Thompson take a bow! He had a great game before the shootout and during it he saved 3 in a row!

Legend!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited for the hype of a big draw in the Quarter-Finals only to wind up being up against Gillingham

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
The sponsorship name sure makes the cup competition feel less worthwhile, doesn't it? I wonder why they didn't prefix the original name or something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How are there "many contrasting personalities throughout the club" when 90% of them are balanced?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OddObserver posted:

The sponsorship name sure makes the cup competition feel less worthwhile, doesn't it? I wonder why they didn't prefix the original name or something.

the real killer for me (for the papa john's anyway) is that they let premier league and championship clubs u23's play in it, which basically kills it as a real cup competition.

McGavin posted:

How are there "many contrasting personalities throughout the club" when 90% of them are balanced?

:iiam:

Something to do with social groups of players who do have personalities, I'm sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We need to inspire Ged to step up to the plate and set the tone for the team

TitanG
May 10, 2015

How much dosh do you get by getting so deep in League cup, is the only decent payday still drawing a prem side away and splitting that delicious gate money? Haven't played FM in ages, which is probably good for my mental health.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

TitanG posted:

How much dosh do you get by getting so deep in League cup, is the only decent payday still drawing a prem side away and splitting that delicious gate money? Haven't played FM in ages, which is probably good for my mental health.

The papa john's cup is bullshit because noone cares about the premiership u23 teams, not even the premiership sides so you don't even get any attendance money. It's total garbage.

So the FA cup and the Carabo Cup are the best chances to make bank off a bigger team.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TitanG posted:

I don't think the league cup does the gate splitting and we don't see prize money until we get knocked out.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Before we can get wrapped up in that cup nonsense we're headed to the best club in merseyside for a league fixture.

a really good result, we really are improving in this league now that we have some people capable of defending.

Salford are essentially a vanity project for Peter Lim and the class of 92 to pretend they know how to run a football club when in reality they've been paying above the odds in terms of wages to buy their way out of league after league.

Pretty surreal to see but gently caress em, I hope they enjoy losing.

A really excellent result, the extra goals were really important because our goal difference was shocking before this match.

The points and position are important but only if you notice we've actually played the fewest games in the league, so we could quickly end up even higher in this table.

Next up is Exeter, we've actually been on a really difficult run but we keep winning so the sky is really the limit.

A big performance by Bigger, we're up to 4th now in the table with a game in hand over most teams and two over some, exciting times!

Oh hell yeah

This game is a very long way away but still, something to look forward to.

Next up is the great satan themselves, Wrexham, shocked nobody has ever done an LP as them on these forums.

Well that's frustrating but I suppose it was inevitable if I kept making that joke it'd come bite me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is what happens when you ignore Wrexham

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
hosed up that Itoh keeps drawing relevant teams when getting a big ticket draw in one of the cups. (congrats to Ooohu when he reads this thread in like two weeks)

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Nicky hunt? nicky hunt???? I'm looking for a nicky hunt!

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Is the 'oh hell yeah' of drawing a big club like Manchester City just that that it's fun to play the famous guys and that you'll sell more tickets? Your stadium is already mostly full against Wrexham in the rain.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the real hope is that you get to play in their stadium because in cup games you get a cut of the gate (after expenses) . Sure city probably isn't filling their stadium, but it's still probably gonna be a reasonably good payday

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

what's the table like now after those last few games? Wrexham would be in for the promotions as well after taking you down right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want Wrexham to follow us every step of the way until we face them in the Champions League final

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Explosions posted:

Is the 'oh hell yeah' of drawing a big club like Manchester City just that that it's fun to play the famous guys and that you'll sell more tickets? Your stadium is already mostly full against Wrexham in the rain.

It's the cash yeah, and yeah 100% you want to be playing away until you are in the championship.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Explosions posted:

the oh hell yeah is very specifically because I am going to beat Manchester city.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the oh hell yeah is very specifically because I am going to beat Manchester city.

Is this like how Maki Itoh was going to beat Miyu Yamashita? :thunkher:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

First up today a quick peek at the table, Wrexham are in the mix for the playoffs again while we're pretty firmly lodged in between playoffs and automatics.

We're off to colchester next, obviously the wrexham result was disappointing but it's practically a derby at this point, can't take too much away from it.

Really solid and controlled performance, we really are becoming the Darlington everyone expects now, can't say I understand how but I'll take it.

We're heading up to Donny now and with a win we could go up to 3rd, which is automatics.

Darlington threw a 3-1 lead memes aside, we got very lucky we dug ourselves out of that hole because it was looking like the ghost of early season Darlington had returned.

Oldham were in the premier league in the first premier league season, the fact they're down here now really shows the downfall they've gone through the last couple years.

I'm saddened to award them the "most likely team to do a Darlington" award because it is looking grim.

Well fair play to Oldham, they didn't give anything up.

We didn't play badly, we just made a few mistakes at key times.

Proper top of the table clash here with Bolton, should be a good game.

A really good result, although it's funny we drew versus Oldham and somehow destroyed bolton, speed really does kill I guess.

Gotta say I did not have "managed by bradley wright phillips" on my grimsby joke bingo card but there he is.

Surely gotta be a win with the run we're on?

Guess not, not sure what Adam Curry was thinking but I suspect he wasn't.

Here's how the table looks after that paticular debacle.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Things are looking grim for Grimsby.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dropped 7 places, Wrexham in the mud

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ged really is the Steph Curry of football.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That's an insanely competitive league table. Twelve points between 4th and 23rd? Pretty much anyone could end up in the playoffs if they string a decent run of form together in the second half of the season.

Except Grimsby.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sebzilla posted:

That's an insanely competitive league table. Twelve points between 4th and 23rd? Pretty much anyone could end up in the playoffs if they string a decent run of form together in the second half of the season.

Except Grimsby.

proof that FM really is a effective simulation, the championship can be the same way in most seasons.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Curry was too spicy for the refs :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

3 seasons, 3 promotions?

The Ged story

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
GED! The Legend Continues.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Things weren't really working out for dougui which was a problem, until this Algerian club offered us a big bag of money with a pound sign on it and now we've made a tasty profit.

Next up is Preston North End in the FA cup, this is ironic seeing as how Preston won the first ever FA cup.

Still, it's only the first round so nothing too exciting.

womp and I cannot overstate this enough, womp.

seems like we used all of our allocated cup magic tm on the carabao coca cola milk honey mustard doritos kfc cup this year.

After what for your beautiful narrator feels like an age because of the [redacted] cup we're finally back to our beautiful league 2 fixtures.

Leyton Orient are my mum's second favourite team because she likes their name, thats my leyton orient anecdote.

A bore draw means we lose a little bit of breathing space at the top.

Next up is the only team with a better promotion record than us (They got 6 in 6 when they were first formed)

Hopefully we score some facking goals this time.

All these dropped points are really not ideal.

Yeah, it's getting very close to put up or shut up time for the lads or we'll fly down the table as quick as we rose up it.

It's Bradford (Not Park Avenue) up next and surely the perfect game to sort ourselves out form wise, they've been awful this season.

I didn't even know this was simulated, what the gently caress.

Right before we can even play that postponed fixture we have to play Stevenage, here's hoping we get a good result.

If Tranmere had won today we'd have lost our third place spot but funnily enough they drew to a last minute equaliser from Bradford City, football is a funny old game.

Well that's much better, not hugely convincing but I'll take the points.

Now that looks much much better.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love the top half sickos with negative goal differential.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

What's your mum's favourite team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

mrpwase posted:

What's your mum's favourite team?

same as me, middlesbrough

:cool: