Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I used to think, like most people, that grand conspiracies are impossible because you’d have to be a 5-d chess master to get away with it.

The reality is that they happen all the time, they’re sloppy and stupid, and are easy as gently caress to uncover if you put in even the slightest shred of effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
the politic’s are so silly these days

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/TVolscho/status/1460797227576799236?s=20

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

finished CHAOS and now I think I have permanent blue balls

the sheer number of missing records, denials and outright lies, circumstantials that come sooo close to being "proof." amazing. I like how by the end Tom says he still doesn't have much of an idea what really went on and that no one ever will and that his book is about the best we're going to get, unless something magically changes before everyone involved is dead.

I for one now absolutely buy that the powers that be attempted to use the Family as a controlled experiment that got out of hand, intentionally or not

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
lol

Also imma have a big healthy break from this all poo poo, maybe do some grown up reading instead of doomscrolling for a while, poo poo's hosed yo

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Nov 17, 2021

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Trabisnikof posted:

The problem with nuclear power in the west isn’t safety and it isn’t hippies. It is capitalism.

Under capitalism the grift is more important than the product. So what happens to nuclear construction? Every opportunity to gently caress up is a chance for more money!

For example, we recently gave up building a nuclear reactor in the US (vc summer) because it was billions and billions over budget and only looking worse. So what did we do? We guaranteed the profits of the companies involved!

And who pays? The people who are forced to purchase power from those companies will be paying for it for decades. For a reactor they didn’t even finish.

Capitalism sees nuclear reactor construction as a chance to funnel more money from people and the state into private bank accounts. That’s why the more of the same kind of reactor we build in the US, the worse we get at doing it. Because the contractors learn new grifts each time.

I like this post a lot. The other thing you need to know is that your career in the navy or at the nuclear plant is over forever if you actually try to report or document an accident. Just gone, career over.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

the sheer number of missing records, denials and outright lies, circumstantials that come sooo close to being "proof." amazing. I like how by the end Tom says he still doesn't have much of an idea what really went on and that no one ever will and that his book is about the best we're going to get, unless something magically changes before everyone involved is dead.

I for one now absolutely buy that the powers that be attempted to use the Family as a controlled experiment that got out of hand, intentionally or not

yeah the best thing about that book is the extended crack-ping you watch the author go through

just broke he drat brain right in two

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mdemone posted:

yeah the best thing about that book is the extended crack-ping you watch the author go through

just broke he drat brain right in two

it's the thing Lovecraft tried to capture in his stories, b ut it's actually real and the unknown horror are eldritch racists with no discernable motive beyond the maintenance of power

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Marzzle posted:

how could people use wow for espionage? putting stuff in the client or something?

Steve Bannon was on the board of IGE and was instrumental in industrializing the gold farming business so at the very least it was a spooky money laundering hub

shame on an IGA has issued a correction as of 15:57 on Nov 17, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

my bony fealty posted:

i'm friends with someone who was raised in the Family but i'm loathe to bring it up as a topic. from what she's told me, she managed to escape the worst of it. in what way do you suspect the Family was an experiment?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

crepeface posted:

i'm friends with someone who was raised in the Family but i'm loathe to bring it up as a topic. from what she's told me, she managed to escape the worst of it. in what way do you suspect the Family was an experiment?

:stare:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

crepeface posted:

Read the book :)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

crepeface posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHAOS:_Charles_Manson,_the_CIA,_and_the_Secret_History_of_the_Sixties

This book more or less unearths a pretty believable connection Manson had to prominent figures in the letter agencies, including MK Ultra adjacent folks, who would go on to have ties with other killers and terrorists made infamous through mass media.

it's tantilizing because it has pretty hard proof that *something* hosed up was happening, but at the point of delivery, everything is found "missing" or is otherwise unavailable, and as death comes for everyone who was alive at the time, the likelihood of getting firm answers becomes more unlikely

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

crepeface posted:

the tl;dr of it is that 1) the "official" narrative around helter skelter is transparently obvious bullshit and the cops almost certainly knew right away that they did the Tate murders, 2) Manson and his followers had a consistent pattern of being let off in situations that would have gotten anyone else imprisoned, again and again and again, and 3) Manson was a regular in Haight-Ashbury right at the same time doctors both CIA and otherwise were doing experiments with LSD and mind control

read the book!

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
Someone doxxed Khaled from Subliminal Jihad on reddit and he appears to be the grandson of an OSS officer who worked directly with Wild Bill Donovan, his father was an executive at Deutsche Bank, his family owns Molloy college and privately funds the highschool he went to before going to Brown and becoming a white muslim leftist very interested in getting the left talking about magic poo poo.

Slightly lower level than most things posted here but interesting if it pans out.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i assume her (actual) family was in the australian branch of the Family so idk how much of it was relevant tbh

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Suplex Liberace posted:

It wasent the CIA it was oil company's in the 70s and it did happen.

You repeat yourself

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

crepeface posted:

The first person on the Tate house crime scene was a spook who helped move bodies

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
On how the agencies recruit in wow, it starts with something like this

Then you start getting follow-ups like this

Eventually you end up going through enough screening to actually find out what's happening.

Ion Hasikostas was a clerk on the federal circuit for the judge who ruled Gitmo detainees didn't get civil trials so he probably helped write that decision. He also worked for Wilmer Hale, the same firm the Activision chief compliance officer worked for, and who were brought on to do the totally not a cover-up investigation into the sexual abuse rampant thought ABK. He's now the lead developer for wow.

Oh yeah that chief compliance Officer wrote the memo that justified the use of torture for the bush state department.

Oh and they also hired Mike pompeo's chief of staff as their chief administrative officer.

Also lol warden exists and runs on every blizzard game so good luck hiding what you are doing on any system with blizzard products installed.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wait, ion hasikostas.... gurgthock of <elitist jerks>? the raid leader of the goon squad guys who got into beta wow!?!?!

lmao.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
very cool

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1460990988218949633?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

^ lol just came here to post this

https://twitter.com/jamesdgreig/status/1460995226668093449

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pedophile terf island will never change besides how it'll be mostly underwater soon

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ace of Baes posted:

The former director of the CIA William Colby worked as an advisor at Activision. Kotick owned Activision and merged the company with Blizzard to acquire world of warcraft specifically, later it would come out that the CIA and NSA used world of Warcraft for recruitment and espionage that same year. Oh yeah kotick also knew Steve jobs who told him to drop out of college (probably when he joined the CIA) and also owned a controlling stake in 4kids entertainment at one point.

What the gently caress.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i hate being informed, its the worst thing you can do to anyone

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cagliostr0 posted:

Ion Hasikostas was a clerk on the federal circuit for the judge who ruled Gitmo detainees didn't get civil trials so he probably helped write that decision. He also worked for Wilmer Hale, the same firm the Activision chief compliance officer worked for, and who were brought on to do the totally not a cover-up investigation into the sexual abuse rampant thought ABK. He's now the lead developer for wow.

crepeface posted:

wait, ion hasikostas.... gurgthock of <elitist jerks>? the raid leader of the goon squad guys who got into beta wow!?!?!

lmao.

_

quote:

(Ion isn’t the only Blizzard employee to have worked alongside CIA Deputy Director Cohen. Helaine Klasky, Activision Blizzard’s Chief Communications Officer, was Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Treasury Department from 1999-2001—the same years that Cohen was a legal advisor at the Treasury Department and “helped craft legislation that formed the basis of Title III of the USA PATRIOT Act.”)

Coincidentally, documents leaked by Edward Snowden show that in the months preceding Ion’s start at Blizzard, federal intelligence agencies had developed plans to infiltrate Blizzard and World of Warcraft. The documents show that the NSA considered World of Warcraft a “target-rich communication network” and sent spies to “begin taking action now to plan for collection, processing, presentation and analysis of these communications.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/world/spies-dragnet-reaches-a-playing-field-of-elves-and-trolls.html

laughs insanely

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Puppy Burner posted:

Someone doxxed Khaled from Subliminal Jihad on reddit and he appears to be the grandson of an OSS officer who worked directly with Wild Bill Donovan, his father was an executive at Deutsche Bank, his family owns Molloy college and privately funds the highschool he went to before going to Brown and becoming a white muslim leftist very interested in getting the left talking about magic poo poo.

Slightly lower level than most things posted here but interesting if it pans out.

Weird how many other people are up to this poo poo lately!

Must be nothing.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Vile Rat, Brown Moses, Taryn Fivek, Ion Hasikostas... hmm, probably nothing. Who cares about a dead gay comedy forum? :wink:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

crepeface posted:

lmao.

:rubby:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
that Twitter about Epstein’s cell mate having the same attorney as maxwell also notes that Comey’s daughter is representing Maxwell, and had also previously represented tartaglione (Jeff’s cell mate).

Torpor has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Nov 17, 2021

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1461024689447391243

lol

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
it’s a big club and we ain’t in it.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1461032544384729092

:shepicide:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wait that portion wasn't a joke? jfc

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
you’d think Boris would send out James Bond himself to snipe her out before getting that published

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

What was the tweet?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a fake/joke image from the article

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Jose posted:

a fake/joke image from the article

gdi jeet

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Vile Rat, Brown Moses, Taryn Fivek, Ion Hasikostas... hmm, probably nothing. Who cares about a dead gay comedy forum? :wink:

don't forget the crazy guy who disappeared and was found in Syria. Caro or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Ion being a spook would make some sense on account of how lousy he is at his job