Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm familiar with the orb effect from zooming on light sources but what the hell is this
https://twitter.com/UfoAmateur/status/1460796267420794883?s=20

Zapdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a bird tazed itself in the balls

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:coolbird:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gateway experience one got me off to a good start, love to self-induce psychic paralyzation where although I know I could move a finger or leg or arm at any time it would take some serious effort

cat busted into the experimentation chamber near the end and started rubbing up against my leg and I think that improved it

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah I hadn't heard of him before and didn't know about all the satanic panic stuff until after I posted (perhaps because I'm not American? Is he well-known/notorious there?), so I do apologise for that. Really puts his familiarity with hypnotic regression in a new light too :smith:

I figured it was written in, like, the 70s or something and so I absolutely ignored anything he had to say about science, because it was gonna be old and out of date and some of it I knew has been long since abandoned.

Overall though I posted it because it felt like a quite short and readable example of the Valleean (Valleelian?) approach re: UFOs

E: also it's the first and only time I've ever seen derrida (obliquely) and birds in the same room together
It's from 1989, he's not really a public figure anymore but was back in the 90s. The science stuff was looked at but never really taken seriously, and quantum mysticism is now the realm of cranks like Deepak Chopra.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

lue had this to say in observers

quote:

“Allow me for a brief moment to explain my position and why I’ve decided to do, particularly, this interview: I’m doing it because I have two daughters. I’m doing it because I’m a father, because I’m a citizen, I’m a patriot, I’m a husband and I’m trying to continue the mission that I was given so many years ago with the Department of Defense. As crazy as this may sound, I was never relieved of my obligations.

The work that I do, much of it is behind the scenes, and I’m not sure people appreciate the work that folks like Chris Mellon and myself are doing, and my colleagues behind the scenes, because it’s a bit like a submarine that’s under the ocean - you don’t see it until you see it. My colleagues and I have committed our lives to this, and our livelihood to this. This isn’t a game. This isn’t a hobby. This isn’t an interest, you know. This is real.

This has been a very difficult journey for me. It’s a journey that I wouldn’t recommend any if my friends to take. Certainly nobody that I care about or love to take. It’s been very difficult. But I’ll tell you, it’s also been worse for other people and I’m certainly not going to complain because I got out relatively unscathed. Yeah, people are attacking my credibility and what not, but at the end of the day, you know, I’m still here and that’s not necessarily true for some other people.

This topic has been fraught with controversy and I think, some people have really had to pay a significant price. Hopefully some of those heroes will be able to step out of the shadows here soon and we can stand shoulder to shoulder and have a more comprehensive conversation with the American people.

I was one of those “Men in Black”, I guess, but I realize it’s probably better now to be, as one of my colleagues says, you know, “I’d rather be known as the men in white”, bringing truth to the topic. You know, I still hold myself accountable. I still feel, you want to know how Lue Elizondo feels, I still feel incredibly guilty. I feel incredibly guilty that I didn’t have this conversation sooner.

Imagine, for one moment, if it turns out that the U.S. government really was, and has been, continuing to be involved in this topic. And has kept that secret, not only from the American people, which is bad enough, but even kept it from itself. People who are paid to be in the know, people that run special access programs, people that are charged with the oversight of these things.

And you have a major defense contractor who had an unfair advantage because they were asked to look at exotic material, potentially. I’m not going to go into origins here, but just say hypothetically, we’re able to look at some interesting material, while other defense industry partners weren’t given that same access, right? And now this defense partner comes up with all sorts of innovations, and you know, is a multi-billion dollar company. Meanwhile these other companies have gone bankrupt, right? And people lost their jobs and livelihoods, all because, one company was give access or [was made] privy to information, while another one wasn’t.

The U.S. government in the past has been involved in some pretty terrible things against the American people, that were not in the interests of the American people. And the American government had to be held accountable for that. So now comes the hard part. Now that we have a acknowledgment, I think we are now at the point as a nation between our elected officials in Congress, between our senior officials in the executive branch, former presidents, former directors of the CIA, former directors of national intelligence, I think the national conversation has begun, and I think we have now officially acknowledged the reality of this.

What we haven’t done yet is have a complete and truthful conversation [with] the American people about how long we’ve known about it. We now know our government has acknowledged the reality of this, that this phenomenon exists. Whatever “it” is, it is real. We have now the official establishment of a UAP task force, we have the release of three videos being acknowledged by the government as being official, authentic videos, and furthermore that they depict some sort of UAP, unidentified aerial phenomena. You have classified briefings being provided to Congress. You have Presidents now being brought into the loop of this. You have Senators like Marco Rubio, on both sides, and of course my very, very dear friend Senator Harry Reid, coming out and joining hands and saying: this is a topic we need to discuss.

The fact that there are things that are operating in our controlled U.S. airspace, that we have no idea what they are, we have no idea how they work, we have no idea the origins, or the intent, or the full capabilities, or anything else.

I think at some point we will be faced with the eminent reality that either we are alone or we’re not alone. And I think it’s looking more and more likely that we’re probably not alone”
the rich won’t let us have bird

not even as a treat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I never lied to you, Lue
why'd you lie to me

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 21:03 on Nov 17, 2021

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tekne posted:

:tinylue: And you have a major defense contractor who had an unfair advantage because they were asked to look at exotic material, potentially. I’m not going to go into origins here, but just say hypothetically, we’re able to look at some interesting material, while other defense industry partners weren’t given that same access, right?

He's talking about Lockmart and the U2, right?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

F35 was reverse engineered from recovered tech

turns out et is shittier at engineering than we are and thats why their dumb spaceships crash all the time

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the cargo-culted quantum confabulator occasionally decides it has too many protons in the core and vaporizes the pilot in a small explosion with a loud pop, air control calls it cornpopping

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

my bony fealty posted:

F35 was reverse engineered from recovered tech

turns out et is shittier at engineering than we are and thats why their dumb spaceships crash all the time

this is true btw. aliens are deeply loving stupid theyve just had longer time perfecting their tech

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

UFOs crash all the time because they require really expensive maintenance routines that are intentionally complex to inflate contractor fees

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

poisonpill posted:

UFOs crash all the time because they require really expensive maintenance routines that are intentionally complex to inflate contractor fees

everyone assumes the aliens are perfect interstellar communists but they're actually gonna turn out to be even more egregiously capitalist than humans and merely bootstrapped themselves into space travel by evolving on a world half the size of earth with a puny gravity well. they'll also be mega eugenicists that believe only one clone line of cosmic hitler has a right to exist

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the roswell crash happened because the aliens were mining bitcoins with their engine reactor

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jazerus posted:

the roswell crash happened because the aliens were mining bitcoins with their engine reactor

"In 70 years we will be able to buy SO MANY TUNGSTEN CUBES DUDE TRUST ME"

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

wait tungsten cubes are valuable? ive been using them to wipe my rear end

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

endocriminologist posted:

wait tungsten cubes are valuable? ive been using them to wipe my rear end

They are if you know some gullible NFT people, yeah. Or I guess if you need the raw material.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Marzzle posted:

everyone assumes the aliens are perfect interstellar communists but they're actually gonna turn out to be even more egregiously capitalist than humans and merely bootstrapped themselves into space travel by evolving on a world half the size of earth with a puny gravity well. they'll also be mega eugenicists that believe only one clone line of cosmic hitler has a right to exist

just u wait til the alien Hernán Cortés-equivalent comes to civilize us

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I don't believe any of the alien materials stuff because there haven't been any unexplained technological leaps out of nowhere in recent history. Anything people point to as evidence of alien reverse engineering like transistors or fiber optics or radar-absorbant coating etc have a very clear and obvious development history.

And if it were true, it would be ironic considering they're all logical developments anyone working in the industry at the time of their introduction could easily see coming. If there was some truly wacky poo poo like an ultraheavy element in the island of stability noone even looked at before being a room temperature superconductor and it is incredibly easy to synthesize thanks to the Urglop stone being translated, then I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Nov 17, 2021

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't believe any of the alien materials stuff because there haven't been any unexplained technological leaps out of nowhere in recent history. Anything people point to as evidence of alien reverse engineering like transistors or fiber optics or radar-absorbant coating etc have a very clear and obvious development history.

there's also the phenomena of people like delonge, bigelow etc being credulous rich dudes and who wouldn't want to sell them a piece of furnace slag iron for 2 grand under the pretense that it's a ~*metamaterial*~

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Like, fibers (and liquids) acting as light guides and the concept of internal reflection was known about in the 1800's and were used as little flashlights for hard to reach places, it doesn't take an alien to have an idea of sticking photodiodes and light bulbs on both ends and flashing morse code through it (or lasers and digital signals, you get the idea)

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Justin Tyme posted:

And if it were true, it would be ironic considering they're all logical developments anyone working in the industry at the time of their introduction could easily see coming. If there was some truly wacky poo poo like an ultraheavy element in the island of stability noone even looked at before being a room temperature superconductor and it is incredibly easy to synthesize thanks to the Urglop stone being translated, then I'd be more inclined to believe it.

explain mood rings

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I just want to know what the gently caress's going on because clearly something is loving around out there but everyone involved seems like they are either a grifter or have an angle and I don't trust any true believe CIA spook bastards to tell me the truth out of the goodness of their own hearts

I'm just venting but fuuUUUUUuuuck

Like Omumamumo or whatever that passed by was obviously weird as gently caress but is that Avi Loeb guy for real or is he just trying to sell his book and get consistent funding for himself, or is it both I don't know

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tighclops posted:

Like Omumamumo or whatever that passed by was obviously weird as gently caress but is that Avi Loeb guy for real or is he just trying to sell his book and get consistent funding for himself, or is it both I don't know

it's both. the loeb book is good and I guess since it looks like the hemisync youtubes are ok ima direct you to https://libgen.is where you can find many fine periodicals for your consumption if you're having trouble getting to the library or whatever. you sound interested in "Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth", ISBN 978-0358278146

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Nov 17, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, I think thread consensus is that both something is going on outside of what humans* are doing but also that whatever is happening with "Disclosure" is some kind of an op

None of the explanations for what the op is about really seem to make sense though, so ... yeah, we all get to just live with the mystery I guess

*well present time humans at least

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tighclops posted:

first we had the spook that ran stargate, now we have an engineer from star wars :shrug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tighclops posted:

I just want to know what the gently caress's going on because clearly something is loving around out there but everyone involved seems like they are either a grifter or have an angle and I don't trust any true believe CIA spook bastards to tell me the truth out of the goodness of their own hearts

I'm just venting but fuuUUUUUuuuck

Given how pissed off the scientific community was about him saying "this looks like a light sail" I'd say if they had a good idea of an alternative to make him look like an idiot they'd have trotted it out by now but it's just too loving weird to the point that nobody knows

it's either a one in a trillion naturally occurring rock whose composition we cannot even begin to understand or something created deliberately and at a certain point postulating another species exists and made a probe has better odds

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Personally I have a lot of issues with Lue's history, but it's critical to be able to judge a moment on its own merits, not unduly burdened by the dead past or dread future, and I think he's really doing good work to bring about disclosure of...?????

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

there's the weird metal alloys that tom delonge gave to the US army

apparently it looked a lot like random space junk or meteorite bits, but also the US army was interested enough to take them, so if they are real bird materials, u will never hear about it until uncle sam is driving quantum tanks out of ur butte

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Anyone have any good videos on Omumamumo? I don't want to watch just any channel on whatever this is.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Demilich posted:

Anyone have any good videos on Omumamumo? I don't want to watch just any channel on whatever this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cowpWhYuY8

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Tekne posted:

lue had this to say in observers

quote:

I’m trying to continue the mission that I was given so many years ago with the Department of Defense. As crazy as this may sound, I was never relieved of my obligations.
whaaaa...??? :wth:

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
My favorite part of the book so far is the criticism that the light sail dude is biased towards it being a light sail. No poo poo. If random esoteric tech X flew through the solar system while everyone was coming up with dumb hollowed out rock theories the experts in X would be the only ones capable of noticing the data fits.

valp
Aug 31, 2018

poisonpill posted:

Well according to the race of friendly psychic lizard people (that have titties) who secretly live inside our hollow earth and have been observing us since before written history began, it's because the earth itself has an unstable magnetic field and some UFO's can't handle that.

quote:

One thing first before the explanation: it certainly sounds ridiculous to you that such highly developed extraterrestrial ships simply crash, and that a relatively large number did so in a relatively short amount of time. The explanation for that is likewise more than strange, but it is correct. It does not lie in the ship's drive itself, but rather in the direction of the field to your planet.

This species that we are discussing - and it was always in this time period that this species used a disk-shaped craft - used a propulsion system which ran according to the normal principle of fusion, to be sure, but one that at that time employed a more than unconventional method for field alignment. This method had various advantages but also disadvantages.

The repelling field must of course lie in the absolute correct angle to the surface of the Earth.

This species used an alignment technology in their ships, with which the field locked into place all points of the Earth's magnetic field. Now at that time this species had just arrived on the earth and their point of origin lay on a planet with a more stable magnetic field, for which they had developed and aligned their drive. The magnetic field of the Earth is not really all that stable; it is subject to cyclical variations and it forms field eddies under unfavorable conditions.

Whenever a ship with one of those kinds of drives gets into a field fluctuation or into an eddy that is too strong, then for a short time the repelling field can no longer align itself correctly and the ship glides uncontrolled on its flight path. The drive is operating correctly, to be sure, but the field fluctuates in all directions and because of that, the ship can crash.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/esp_vida_alien_52.htm

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Biblioteca Pleyades that's the purestrain poo poo

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

valp posted:

If you're wondering why super advanced aliens would decide that modifying a bunch of hairless apes was a worthwhile use of their time I can explain that too.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

there's the weird metal alloys that tom delonge gave to the US army

apparently it looked a lot like random space junk or meteorite bits, but also the US army was interested enough to take them, so if they are real bird materials, u will never hear about it until uncle sam is driving quantum tanks out of ur butte

the delonge alloys are just some bullshit metal pieces that art bell was sent in the 90s by a guy with a hugely inconsistent story about how he got them from a buddy during the gulf war or some poo poo. one of the parts (that presumably never made it into delonge's hands) turned out to be like a piece of a car radiator or smth lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

"art's parts"

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Coast to Coast is still the best thing to listen to driving through the desert at night when you get bored of country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus posted:

the delonge alloys are just some bullshit metal pieces that art bell was sent in the 90s by a guy with a hugely inconsistent story about how he got them from a buddy during the gulf war or some poo poo. one of the parts (that presumably never made it into delonge's hands) turned out to be like a piece of a car radiator or smth lol

lol

why did the army want it

maybe theres a general that believes in ancient aliens who came to earth in pyramid ships after the martian nuclear war