Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darthemed posted:

Exiles #85 (2006)

Huh? Where did Patch go between panels 1 and 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Comics #3 (1937)

Spiders Vs. (2016)

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Is there a reason he's not counting on, y'know, Batman? (It does remind of the current run of Nightwing, where Dick's captured for like an hour and the Titans and Bruce are about 30 seconds away from storming the building before he gets Oracle to call them off)

Alfred knows firsthand how helpless Bruce Wayne is without a butler to make him breakfast. Right now, he's busy throwing batarangs at the fridge and trying to figure out where his batsuit could be since it's not on the rack (because Alfred is the one who puts it there every morning after he cleans it).

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Darthemed posted:

Spiders Vs. (2016)

This is a really "If someone asks you if you are a god" situation

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

X-Men Prime (1995)

"And then he says... I hate... Mondays."

*dies*

Precambrian posted:

Alfred knows firsthand how helpless Bruce Wayne is without a butler to make him breakfast. Right now, he's busy throwing batarangs at the fridge and trying to figure out where his batsuit could be since it's not on the rack (because Alfred is the one who puts it there every morning after he cleans it).

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 15, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Huh? Where did Patch go between panels 1 and 2?

Clearly the Tallus replaced him with a version of Wolverine after making the error of Patch due to their superficial resemblance

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

When a Ace the Bathound story wins a Eisner.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Read this in H. John Benjamin's voice

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Darthemed posted:

Spiders Vs. (2016)

I hope Not-Gwen made it big in the Spiderverse

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Read this in H. John Benjamin's voice

I now want an H. John Benjamin take on Batman.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zil posted:

Hey Damien, you know it's funny when I talk to you I get a little uncomfortable because I feel like you're being condescending to me, and I hope that's not the case, because if it is, I'm gonna kick your rear end.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Hey Damien, you know it's funny when I talk to you I get a little uncomfortable because I feel like you're being condescending to me, and I hope that's not the case, because if it is, I'm gonna kick your rear end.

Barbara.

Barbara.

BARBARA!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Zil posted:

<Joker> I'LL SHOW THEM HOW MANY BONERS THE JOKER CAN MAKE
<H Jon Batman> PHRASING

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

Batman crashes through window

"Spaghetti time"

*rogues run wildly*

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Zil posted:

Adding that to the list of things I never realized I always wanted in life.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comic #5 (1942)

Booster Gold #14 (2009)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Magic Hand is the hero we need... when's the regular series starting?

(Alternate universe epilogue: Magic Hand holds out freeze ray to Mister Freeze, then suddenly does a road-agent spin and chills him.

(Later: "Yes, Commissioner, it's as we knew all along... Magic Hand shot first.")

Entirely unrelated other than Batstuff:

Is the Poison Ivy in the second panel? If so, I expect she's saying "Yeah, I may do plants, but hosed if I know what that poo poo is..."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ygolonac posted:

Magic Hand is the hero we need... when's the regular series starting?

(Alternate universe epilogue: Magic Hand holds out freeze ray to Mister Freeze, then suddenly does a road-agent spin and chills him.

(Later: "Yes, Commissioner, it's as we knew all along... Magic Hand shot first.")

Entirely unrelated other than Batstuff:

Is the Poison Ivy in the second panel? If so, I expect she's saying "Yeah, I may do plants, but hosed if I know what that poo poo is..."

Yes.

Batgirl (DC Rebirth) Volume 5 Issue 6

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #36 (1942)

Exiles #85 (2006)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Loving all the Exiles being posted, I'll have to track that down and reread it again sometime.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darthemed posted:

Exiles #85 (2006)

Oh come on, they can't all be the best there is at what they do!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Find a problem that can't be solved with more Wolverines.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

I was going to post "too many Wolverines" but that would be solved as the Wolverines slaughter each other.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kalli posted:

Restarting the sun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any quantity of wolverines are useless for madripoor problems. there's a different guy for those.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zil posted:

Restarting the sun.

Get a critical mass of Wolverines and you will trigger nuclear fusion.

Get some more and you get a Wolverine black hole. Though I guess they stop being Wolverines at that point.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

Namor with the proportional regeneration ability of a starfish. :colbert:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Zil posted:

Restarting the sun.

A sufficient number of Wolverines concentrated in one place, say, where the sun was, will form their own gravity well, become more and more compact, and eventually achieve fusion and become a star.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zil posted:

Restarting the sun.
you don't even need multiple wolverines for that

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ghostlight posted:

Okay, now I need to know.

How'd he manage to gently caress that one up?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dareon posted:

loving things up is what he's best at.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Uthor posted:

Get a critical mass of Wolverines and you will trigger nuclear fusion.

Get some more and you get a Wolverine black hole. Though I guess they stop being Wolverines at that point.

Wolverine is good at stealth. Being a black hole is totally something he'd be good at.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Dareon posted:

"It comes down to just Wolverine and he is about to get the crystal when Horde shows up and kills him, because he actually just wanted the X-Men to pave the path for him. However, before Horde can touch the crystal, a drop of Wolverine's blood (from Horde's vicious attack) hits the crystal and Wolverine is awarded the prize of the Crystal. Its powers resurrects Wolverine and he becomes one with the universe. He rejects omnipotence and just returns his teammates back to normal."
https://www.cbr.com/god-mode-15-comic-book-characters-who-had-a-taste-of-omnipotence/

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Ghostlight posted:

No ring

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

goatsn.ikt?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dareon posted:

Namor with the proportional regeneration ability of a starfish. :colbert:

There's plenty of lady wolverines, they will just distract regena-Namor with their charms

Note: The little girl is Elsie Dee and is very much not a Wolverine, don't be gross.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 17, 2021

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TheCenturion posted:

A sufficient number of Wolverines concentrated in one place, say, where the sun was, will form their own gravity well, become more and more compact, and eventually achieve fusion and become a star.

Actually, I think they'll go supernova or collapse into a black hole rather than make a star. It's a safe assumption that ~70% of Wolverine's mass is heavy metals and once fusion reaches iron, it doesn't work very well. It's a question whether or not there's sufficient hydrogen in Wolverine to explode or if he'll just implode, though.

(And now it's someone's turn to come in here to let us know how the math works.)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please tell me at some point in the storyline one of the Wolverines says "this one's for you, Morph".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Please tell me at some point in the storyline one of the Wolverines says "this one's for you, Morph".

The team is Elsie Dee & Albert (Donald Pierce made android copy of Wolverine and a little girl packed full of C4), Zombie-Wolverine, Patch, Berserker Weapon-X, James (Wolverine right at first claw pop) and Old-verine.

They're sent into a situation where a few dozen teams of mostly wolverines have been sent and either wiped out or mind-controlled by a super powerful mutant fusion who's going to take all the wolverines on a worldwide Mutant Massacre.

The best quip you get is the get ready for a surprise! line from Total Recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, I think they'll go supernova or collapse into a black hole rather than make a star. It's a safe assumption that ~70% of Wolverine's mass is heavy metals and once fusion reaches iron, it doesn't work very well. It's a question whether or not there's sufficient hydrogen in Wolverine to explode or if he'll just implode, though.

(And now it's someone's turn to come in here to let us know how the math works.)

That's what I thought too but I asked in the Physics/Astronomy thread in SAL and the most likely answer seems to be a type 1A supernova (a white dwarf absorbs too much gas from a binary star partner and carbon fusion rips the whole star apart, rather than the collapsing core type 2 supernova) but discussion is ongoing