Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whatever you just said, imagine that was what I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I generally play Skill builds so one of my favorite runes was the one that gave you extra bullets when you visceral attack someone. Skill scales your visceral attacks so I just parry everything and never run out of bullets, it rules

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you're tilting at a boss enough to run out of vials then you'd almost certainly benefit from taking a break anyway but everybody chafes at being forced to do so

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

if you're tilting at a boss enough to run out of vials then you'd almost certainly benefit from taking a break anyway but everybody chafes at being forced to do so

and then after the break you have to grind blood vials before trying the boss again!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

and then after the break you have to grind blood vials before trying the boss again!

You could probably use the warm-up anyway.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

hypothetical PC Bloodborne mods will let you

- start with any weapon
- start with all chalice stuff unlocked
- infinite stash of vials
- run at 1080/60

and it will be glorious

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Must be nice, having a console that can play bloodborne

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played sekiro with a mod that makes spirit emblems free to buy, and I will never look back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The 10 year time jump in Fable II is really weird. I'm pretty sure my dog should be dead by now

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Looper posted:

That is not how momentum works

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please remember to rest 15 minutes for every 45 minutes of play

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If losing is considered to have momentum surely that would lead to accelerated losing. Losing even faster.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yakuza 8 will be set several years after Like a Dragon and will be another Ichiban Kasuga story. More Judgement and non-Yakuza games are also in the works.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Looper posted:

what if you don't have a choice...

I'm saying specifically when you have a choice, you are playing a character of your choosing who theoretically (or for many people at least) represents in some way who you are. Although I guess it depends on if you are thinking of the character as yourself or you 'roleplaying' a character?

hatty posted:

This thinking is how you get less black protagonists

That's certainly not my intention. I just have a fictional black driver that I play in all my racing games and he always gets the same name and number. Originally I did it because I liked the idea of a black American competing in F1 or supercross, which are heavily white-dominated sports. I thought that would be cool. Then it kind of bled over a bit and now I often use black avatars even in non-racing games.

But then I started thinking about how maybe that's weird? I don't know. I'm probably overthinking it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good news is that you’re definitely overthinking it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blood vials punish new players but end up trivial to never ever run out after the first couple of areas, that's why they suck.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I've been trying to play more Fuga: Melodies of steel, but the emotional weight of that game is really heavy (for me)

I can do maybe two or three, one-hour sessions in a week.

I was considering doing a lets-play, but that could take forever at this rate.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No one asked but I finished watching squid games and yeah, believe the hype

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah but what if, it was an anime

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I probably would have finished bloodborne if somebody had warned me at the beginning that there was a risk of running out of healing and being forced to grind unless you buy blood vials early while they're still cheap

never had to grind for blood vials lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

:dafuq:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Then I still wouldn't watch it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I played sekiro with a mod that makes spirit emblems free to buy, and I will never look back.

why

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

“wtf I didn’t have that problem” said the wise man

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

That's why the blood vials are bad! They do nothing except make the game more tedious for the people who already have trouble with it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway the best take on estus was ds2 starting you with 1 charge.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

correct

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So I would use them and not feel bad about using them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the Squid Games translation still inaccurate or did they fix it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just use them, and pay for more if you need them. and also carry the tanto.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I prefer my version of sekiro stux

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Kaiji

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Is the Squid Games translation still inaccurate or did they fix it

Didn’t notice anything off about it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

it was good yeah

the lifegems were maybe a bit dumb though since you had basically infinite healing after the very start because of them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it turned out it was the closed captioning for the dub with the inaccurate translation but the actual subtitles were fine

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

Yes, indeed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is that better than the ds1 model?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best dark souls healing system was hollow knight

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i liked the lifegems because they reduced deaths in the uninteresting ways around attrition (especially since ds2 has a lot of group fights where you can just get clipped pretty easily) but do little to save you from the fun ways of dying: getting rapidly owned by lots of enemies, loving up in quick succession, traps, rolling off cliffs. they also open up the option to play defensive/footsies with bosses to slow roll your hp back, to varying degrees of usefulness depending on the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

because there is only one heal at the start.