Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think Gologle was serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Casey Finnigan posted:

genos is also a fighting robot with no human body. who never went to school. he has no emotions except wanting to strong

He has a second emotion and it's called blind devotion/respect for Saitama.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Saying a 19 year old girl who recently graduated high school and a 28 year old man who may be solidly in his career of choice have the same level of maturity is absurd. This would apply regardless of gender.

The circumstances for Genos and Tatsumaki are of course very different, but there is an age gap in terms of life experience that makes it just as skeevy as pairing Genos (19) with Lily (14). Focusing on them both being "legal age" misses the point of why an age gap can be a red flag.

And yeah, OPM isn't really a shipping series (ONE in general doesn't seem to have much a focus on shippy romantic stuff).

lol

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Cant wait for King to bust out the Final Big Bang Kamehameha x100 and fuckin obliterate all these losers. :smugdog:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ougher posted:

Cant wait for King to bust out the Final Big Bang Kamehameha x100 and fuckin obliterate all these losers. :smugdog:

Author's Note: This is not a real Kamehameha.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

chiasaur11 posted:

Author's Note: This is not a real Kamehameha.

No, it better than the Kamehameha.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The saddest part of this, is that unless SAitama suddenly shows up and speed blitzes every enemy I'm afraid that King's gag is about to end. :(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You gotta believe in King, homes

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

The saddest part of this, is that unless SAitama suddenly shows up and speed blitzes every enemy I'm afraid that King's gag is about to end. :(

What gag. :colbert: King is ultra powerful, so much so that he never even needs to actually fight.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Collapsing Farts posted:

There is no prerequisite requirement to make sure both adults have the same "level of maturity" beforehand afaik. They only need to be adults

Yes it's not at all weird for a 19 year old and a 60 year old to be married because they're both adults. It's legal though! And that's what matters of course!

Anyway the only valid ship is Saitama x Sales. Get you a man who looks at you the way he looks at the coupon page.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 15, 2021

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

skaianDestiny posted:

Yes it's not at all weird for a 19 year old and a 60 year old to be married because they're both adults. It's legal though! And that's what matters of course!

Anyway the only valid ship is Saitama x Sales. Get you a man who looks at you the way he looks at the coupon page.

Shut up already. Nobody cares, everyone here is single and dying alone.

Anyway I love how many people seem to be surprised that black sperm had two forms in the manga too as if that wasn't incredibly obvious. When has the manga opted for doing less than the web comic?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Looking forward to Diamond Sperm in the redraw 5 years from now

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-double post-

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Even if we accept that King isn't actually the strongest hero, him just standing there neutralized Evil Natural Water, allowed Zombieman to take down Homeless Emperor and PPP to rescue Genos and Tasumaki. Kind of a big deal.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 15, 2021

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I do wonder where Child Emperor got the extremely specific idea of what King can do from. He is very confident this is the way things can go.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

kdrudy posted:

I do wonder where Child Emperor got the extremely specific idea of what King can do from. He is very confident this is the way things can go.

Like someone said before it could be misinterpreting what happened with Boros. It could also be based on other faulty reconstructions of the aftermath of Saitamas consecutive normal punches

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's cause his sugar levels are too low

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently people just think King can do certain things. Like one of the few times he managed to actually get his point across was saying he could not help get to the ship cause he can’t fly.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Child Emperor is a boy. Of course he wants him to shoot a beam.

my parents boyfriend fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 15, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Like someone said before it could be misinterpreting what happened with Boros. It could also be based on other faulty reconstructions of the aftermath of Saitamas consecutive normal punches

I could see that. The width of the beam Child Emperor imagined is probably a match to the destruction Saitama's punches do on average.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

I was wondering about this, myself. When Boros arrived CE and King were both on the roof, and King told everyone there was nothing he could do about the ship. For CE to think he has this ability, King would have had to learn to do it after that event.

bees x1000 posted:

Even if we accept that King isn't actually the strongest hero, him just standing there neutralized Evil Natural Water, allowed Zombieman to take down Homeless Emperor and PPP to rescue Genos and Tasumaki. Kind of a big deal.

You can add Atomic Samurai, Iaian, and Spring Mustachio to that list. They were all moments away from being killed by Golden Sperm.

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 15, 2021

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

He has a second emotion and it's called blind devotion/respect for Saitama.

There's a secret third emotion which is 'Sorry doctor I'm about to shred the new body you built or me again'

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Blast has the slowest loving teleport, at this rate Saitama could have just punched his way back to the surface.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Didn't King get credit for Elder Centipede?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

welcome posted:

Didn't King get credit for Elder Centipede?

Yeah, half a month ago they were giving King credit for that one.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bucswabe posted:

I was wondering about this, myself. When Boros arrived CE and King were both on the roof, and King told everyone there was nothing he could do about the ship. For CE to think he has this ability, King would have had to learn to do it after that event.

Ah, but maybe King just didn't want to unleash his full power with innocent bystanders around.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

King is absolutely the most courageous person on that field right now

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Bleck posted:

Ah, but maybe King just didn't want to unleash his full power with innocent bystanders around.

He's so humble! What an amazing guy!

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Being the only living person to have witnessed the unfathomable extent of his own power, is King subconsciously coping by way of a PTSD-induced state of denial?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
King's gimmick annoys me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Flesnolk posted:

King's gimmick annoys me

Yeah, I get you. He's so powerful that he drains all the tension from whatever fight he's in. And then we have characters like Child Emperor making it clear that he isn't even trying!

I get he's meant to be the world's strongest man and whatever but I thought the heroes would have to think outside the box and win in an interesting way against Pure Natural Water, Black Sperm and Homeless Emperor, all of which are stronger than most S-Class Heroes, then King appeared and the fight was essentially over.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

King's gimmick annoys me

I'd forgotten the ritual for self-imposed ostracism

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Flesnolk posted:

King's gimmick annoys me

Jon Bois of Secret Base did a video once about the idea of Barry Bonds playing without a bat. The opposing pitchers wouldn't know he didn't have a bat, and Bonds still had his reputation, so they wouldn't pitch any differently to him. He went through every at-bat and found that pitchers intentionally walked him enough that his on-base percentage wouldn't significantly change, still being the highest in history. They'd rather just get the guy on-base rather than risk him hitting in a run, even though secretly he couldn't hit anything.
https://youtu.be/JwMfT2cZGHg

What I'm saying is that King's gimmick has basis in reality and is very good, and I think you should reconsider your position.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

king

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Flesnolk posted:

King's gimmick annoys me
Same, honestly. Like I get it'd be super boring if King just swooped in and saved the day, but I really want to see his full power for once instead of him manipulating the monsters around him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The first 3 were super obvious (though Boros could just as easily be SSJ 3) but I hadn't actually thought about the lsat two, but it's clear now what this means.

King is Android 13, obviously.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i believe saitama’s baldness is an explicit mockery of the trend for shounen protagonists to have ridiculous and distinct hairstyles and this google image search result for “shounen hair” supports my theory

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baldness is a fairly distinct hairstyle tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Baldness is a fairly distinct hairstyle tbh.

thats the point