Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Uh sir the full title is Principle and Senior Managing Director of Investor relations lol show some respect

:lmao:

Love to have a job where my main function is to tell old rich dudes how I beat my brothers at flag football once.

"I actually had more offers than Peyton. If it weren't for that injury!"

*cashes 6-figure bonus*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/byberkowitz/status/1461072948190760965?s=21 Helps a lot to have a billionaire booster whose company just went public

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

He needs to make some big strides to not be fired next year I imagine.

I think they'd be a 10 win team this year if their tackles had been coached up in any meaningful way. Ohio State's the only receiver room I take over theirs in the Big Ten this year, but they have no ability to run the ball or extend plays consistently ever. They'll lose Doctson and like 3/4 of the defense, so it's going to be a question of if Drew Allar can come in and do any better in this system than Clifford without the defense to fall back on. They'll bring back Washington and Lambert-Smith and the TEs, likely at least one of the RBs. Personally, I think that's a recipe for an 8-4/7-5 year with some awful game sealing turnovers from a young QB getting used to the game. Sparty will bring back a similar amount of talent next year but a returning QB. Michigan has linemen to replace but will bring back most of that offense intact with a few defensive changes. They've got Purdue and Minnesota in the cross-conference, and they play at Auburn next year too. The way for Franklin to save his job in all seriousness is to pray that Yurcich builds a passing game so explosive that his dumb FG/trick play tendencies don't come into play. The defense did about as much as it possibly could this season, but it won't matter if you don't score in big games for one reason or another.

What's gotta be terrifying for Penn State fans though is the question of what happens if they don't convert next year and the school moves on from Franklin. I think you're crazy to think you can go get Rhule next year, and you're potentially stunting the hell out of Allar's development if you pick someone who fucks up an OC hire.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HOLEEEEE poo poo 9.5M/yr wow

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/byberkowitz/status/1461072948190760965?s=21 Helps a lot to have a billionaire booster whose company just went public

That's Jimbo money

Buyout gonna be intense

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

D.N. Nation posted:

Did they use up all their budget on JK Simmons? Because it looks like 90% of this movie is filmed in hotel rooms.

It’s based on a play, which explains pretty much everything about the settings and how it’s shot. Movies based on plays either have to go all out on the staging/cinematography or just give up and put all the money into the cast, which is clearly the route this movie went given the huge number of recognizable faces in there. I’m kinda surprised that Russell Wilson is in there. He and KAT are probably the two biggest sports names on the cast list that I saw (both playing themselves, of course)

The movie seems like it’s gonna be good, probably better than High Flying Bird, which is the only other sports movie about the labor side of things

Edit: I found the play script on the website of the theater company in Miami, it’s very interesting. They mention real schools and bowls in there but the conference the “Missouri Wolves” is in is the “Big Fifteen” and apparently the Outback Bowl somehow finagled the national championship game.

Edit2:

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 17, 2021

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I had only heard of this Ishbia guy from friends who went to state but I just googled his company and apparently they went public via SPAC and were looking into taking crypto for mortgage payments so I guess what I’m saying is If I’m Mel I’m asking for the bulk of that money up front.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Troy Queef posted:

Almost John Gruden money goddamn

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

the Florida Insiders are saying that Mullen is gone after the season and that Lane is the #1 pick on the board

it is unknown as to if the Florida Insider is Joey Swampwater

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Rick posted:

If I am Arch Manning I try to brand myself as the cool Manning and I wear shades all the time and I commit to like Cal State Long Beach.

Arch is actually coming to Starkville to play for Leach because that’s what I, personally, would like to see happen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Arch is actually coming to Starkville to play for Leach because that’s what I, personally, would like to see happen.

Tough to explain that one to Uncle Eli

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Godzilla07 posted:

the Florida Insiders are saying that Mullen is gone after the season and that Lane is the #1 pick on the board

"We are in the middle of the season. We can talk about coach firing and hiring after the season, during hiring and firing time."

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Godzilla07 posted:

Why wouldn’t they just fire him now? Does his buyout drop or something?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

HOLEEEEE poo poo 9.5M/yr wow

This is what happens when you beat Michigan.

E: I think MSU will regret this contract if it gets signed. He brought in like 47 transfers and one happened to be a Heisman candidate. I think he is setting up for a underwhelming end to the year and without Walker next year it'll get dicey.

TheGreyGhost posted:

What's gotta be terrifying for Penn State fans though is the question of what happens if they don't convert next year and the school moves on from Franklin. I think you're crazy to think you can go get Rhule next year, and you're potentially stunting the hell out of Allar's development if you pick someone who fucks up an OC hire.

I think Rhule is a pipe dream. They are going to end up with Matt Campbell.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 18, 2021

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/after-numerous-complaints-about-pac-12-picture-quality-espn-reportedly-upgrading-equipment.html

Billions of dollars spent for conference broadcast rights, only to film games with poverty-row gear. :thumbsup:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

LLCoolJD posted:

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/after-numerous-complaints-about-pac-12-picture-quality-espn-reportedly-upgrading-equipment.html

Billions of dollars spent for conference broadcast rights, only to film games with poverty-row gear. :thumbsup:

In general ESPN’s production quality, even for their showcase games, has been way below CBS or even Fox. It’s gonna be depressing when they get the best SEC game every weekend

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Regnevelc posted:

This is what happens when you beat Michigan.

E: I think MSU will regret this contract if it gets signed. He brought in like 47 transfers and one happened to be a Heisman candidate. I think he is setting up for a underwhelming end to the year and without Walker next year it'll get dicey.

He’s rumored to be a top choice for LSU so MSU probably feels a lot of pressure to keep him happy so they aren’t starting over with a new coach next year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TheGreyGhost posted:

you're potentially stunting the hell out of Allar's development if you pick someone who fucks up an OC hire.

I've seen this movie before.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

LLCoolJD posted:

I remember a goon a while back breaking down why a lot of mountain west games end up looking so dark is they use early gen HD cameras for those. Surprised the pac12 was getting that treatment though

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Adun posted:

In general ESPN’s production quality, even for their showcase games, has been way below CBS or even Fox. It’s gonna be depressing when they get the best SEC game every weekend

I won't miss (mostly) no night showcases, or Gary Danielson, or endless pimping of CBS programming for 70-year-olds, but the SEC on CBS game always feels like a big deal, from that theme to the graphics to the sound to the picture quality, which as I recall was the first really good HD college football experience and still looks great.

ESPN looks like rear end and the graphics are a Playstation 2 fever dream. "Biggest scorebug in the game!" is not a compliment

e: also I can't not mention them somehow bumping #2 UGA to ESPN+ earlier this season while Tennessee/Pitt somehow played on both ESPN/ESPN2 at the same time

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 18, 2021

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Plus SEC on CBS dominates that 3:30 mid-afternoon slot and rescues us from (often) boring noon games.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s rumored to be a top choice for LSU so MSU probably feels a lot of pressure to keep him happy so they aren’t starting over with a new coach next year.

LSU should be able to do better than Tucker, but it's a very weird environment out there.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I remember a goon a while back breaking down why a lot of mountain west games end up looking so dark is they use early gen HD cameras for those. Surprised the pac12 was getting that treatment though

Pac-12 After Dark baby

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Regnevelc posted:

LSU should be able to do better than Tucker, but it's a very weird environment out there.

Like who? Not that I’m sold on Tucker but there aren’t exactly any blue chip candidates waiting in the wings.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

D.N. Nation posted:

I won't miss (mostly) no night showcases, or Gary Danielson, or endless pimping of CBS programming for 70-year-olds, but the SEC on CBS game always feels like a big deal, from that theme to the graphics to the sound to the picture quality, which as I recall was the first really good HD college football experience and still looks great.

ESPN looks like rear end and the graphics are a Playstation 2 fever dream. "Biggest scorebug in the game!" is not a compliment

e: also I can't not mention them somehow bumping #2 UGA to ESPN+ earlier this season while Tennessee/Pitt somehow played on both ESPN/ESPN2 at the same time

Late Fall/Winter time 3pm games though felt like night games. Plus I’ve got young kids now, best game of the week finishing by bath time is a dream.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Like who? Not that I’m sold on Tucker but there aren’t exactly any blue chip candidates waiting in the wings.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

It feels like a very dry time for great coaching candidates.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Michigan State is making a huge mistake if they pay that to Tucker. No evidence yet of winning titles or sustained success with his own recruits. He just lost to Purdue.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Michigan State is making a huge mistake if they pay that to Tucker. No evidence yet of winning titles or sustained success with his own recruits. He just lost to Purdue.

Maybe they’re still scarred from the last time they lost a coach the LSU.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Always fun to see folks who are ostensibly “good with money” gamble bewildering sums on these head coaches.

College football, truly, makes everyone insane

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Ladies and gentlemen I have privileged insider information that violates hippo and would be of considerable interest to gamblers!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Adun posted:

Why wouldn’t they just fire him now? Does his buyout drop or something?

There isn't really a good interim option on staff at Florida.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Urban Meyer, duh!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Godzilla07 posted:

There isn't really a good interim option on staff at Florida.

Oh no, they might lose a game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

Oh no, they might lose a game

Tim Brewster is right there if you just need a guy to manage stuff for the rest of the season.

He isn't likely to make anyone want to hire him full time (which I think is good in these situations). But he's done it before and probably won't crash too terribly much harder than Mullen is right now I guess? If you really want Mullen out right now you can get him out and have the same season is my point I guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Tim Brewster is right there if you just need a guy to manage stuff for the rest of the season.

He isn't likely to make anyone want to hire him full time (which I think is good in these situations). But he's done it before and probably won't crash too terribly much harder than Mullen is right now I guess? If you really want Mullen out right now you can get him out and have the same season is my point I guess.

It's proven at this point that if you just pick like a LB coach the kids love they'll reel off 3 wins in a row for him.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Always fun to see folks who are ostensibly “good with money” gamble bewildering sums on these head coaches.

Salaries have gotten out of control.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

It looks like it’s all privately funded which I assume will just be a tax write off for the people donating the money.

Time to realize some capital gains

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Are there any current sports stations that actually broadcast CFB in 4k? Because I would love some 4K football when I eventually upgrade my set.

But I know that of course unless its OTA it is going to be some mishmash low bitrate that looks a bit better than the HD streams that are available now.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Does Nick Saban even get paid $9.5M/yr?

That's an insane contract for a single successful season.

TheGreyGhost posted:

Personally, I think that's a recipe for an 8-4/7-5 year with some awful game sealing turnovers from a young QB getting used to the game.

I look at the schedule and they could easily be 2-4 in the first 6 games and Franklin/the team usually quit the season as soon as the playoffs are out of reach. I have a hard time finding 6 wins on the schedule, which will probably get him fired unless things really start to click in the second half of the season.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm sure a program such as Michigan State will be able to sustain success without any stretches of baffling ineptitude