Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
The Boulets exhibited tremendous bravery and should be commended for their sacrifices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I don't understand why dragula does the fake out with the floor show. Everytime the siren goes off and no one is ready and everyone panics. Then the floor show starts and everyone is fully done up.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
You could see it in their stage talk. I’ve never seen them shook like that in anything they’ve done. They hated those headpieces.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Dragula: If that ain't some uncomfortable Cauldron drama, I don't know what is. I expected better from Hoso than to take out his loss on Sigourney Beaver. I also think Saint needs to reevaluate those biscuit heels before he calls himself the glamour master. Thank God Petty Betty's gone. Let's weed off the rest of the drama bombs and leave the good, creative cast in.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Pan Dulce posted:

Dragula: I expected better from Hoso than to take out his loss on Sigourney Beaver.

To their credit, they were clearly in their feelings and lashing out, and seemed to genuinely feel kinda bad mid-rant. But yeah, I was shaking my head a bit. Apparently, Hoso's friend made the outfit, so that may be why they were SO pressed about not winning.

Pan Dulce posted:

Dragula: Let's weed off the rest of the drama bombs and leave the good, creative cast in.

:yeah:

Dragula: so I think Merrie is actually kind of a bad person? She's continuing to show her rear end...

https://twitter.com/Merrie_Cherry/status/1461072209921953794

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'd like to see people say CDR2 isn't memorable after that runway, jesus. I had to wipe tears away.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Canada: Agreed, that was very powerful. I think the show handled it very well, too.

I can't be the only one who expected Synthia to have her poo poo together, more than she's shown? She's a fabulous singer and dancer, but the runways just weren't there. I had expected her to go top 4 or 5 at least, not lipsync three episodes out of six. I could see her returning with a great All-Stars glowup though.

UK: Not surprised at how that went at all; I knew Vanity was going to be on her way out. I think Kitty would have won or tied for a win if she hadn't looked down at her cards so much. I wish they'd shown more of the eliminated queens; I thought they'd be back in the werqroom when the girls left during deliberation. I think the crown is Ella's to lose but who knows.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Drimble Wedge posted:

Canada: Agreed, that was very powerful. I think the show handled it very well, too.

I can't be the only one who expected Synthia to have her poo poo together, more than she's shown? She's a fabulous singer and dancer, but the runways just weren't there. I had expected her to go top 4 or 5 at least, not lipsync three episodes out of six. I could see her returning with a great All-Stars glowup though.

DRCAN: Well she had quit drag for 3 years and started again with Drag Race so it makes sense.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

UK line of the night: "are you trying to come for me? sitting there like the - the - the - the... like some green rear end bitch?"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Desert Bus consumed last week, so I just got around to watching last week's Dragula and

Read After Burning posted:

This was so loving funny. (Clip is from the latest episode of Dragula, but does not spoil any contestant looks or placements.)

https://twitter.com/BoAsgolfbag/status/1460773861843218439

DEAD. :laffo:

Beyond that, the drama was at a ridiculous level but I love how they lampshaded it at the start of the Cauldron.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Beyond that, the drama was at a ridiculous level but I love how they lampshaded it at the start of the Cauldron.

Just a straight up "Hi, I'm Dahli. You're probably wondering how I got into this mess..."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Double post, sorry....

Dragula: If anyone was stressed/put off by the Drama in the last few episodes, this episode is actually kinda...peaceful? Some wholesome moments with the competitors. :3:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

wholesome and stunning ep of dragula. it’s rare that I feel so early in a season that I want none of the contestants to go and the rest of the episodes to be just incredible artists presenting jawdropping drag with no eliminations, but here we are

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

MizuZero posted:

I want none of the contestants to go

:yeah: It wasn't long into the episode that I turned to my partner and went "Aww, now I don't want ANYONE to go!"

While the extermination challenge still didn't feel as intense as previous seasons, I straight-up screamed when that fat-rear end roach fell between Sigourney's titties.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I want numbers on how much less activity this thread got after that bullshit Snatch Game episode on UK3, post rates are like night and day.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

I want numbers on how much less activity this thread got after that bullshit Snatch Game episode on UK3, post rates are like night and day.

I've kept watching UK and Canada, I'm just exhausted. It's been nearly 10 months straight of drag race nonstop since season 13 started February 2nd of this year.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

I've kept watching UK and Canada, I'm just exhausted. It's been nearly 10 months straight of drag race nonstop since season 13 started February 2nd of this year.

I see Italy there and I'm kind of "nope"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How many weeks have there been this year in which a drag reality show contest was not running?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ru needs his fracking funds okay

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Caught up on Dragula... :allears:

(also i NOPE-ed right through that extermination challenge)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

curiousTerminal posted:

It's just not interesting right now - going through the motions.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Dragula: Wow, the juju stopped being bad! Everyone, even Zavaleta, was nice! DANG! It sure made the watching really good. I wonder if Sigourney packed ANY filth/horror looks... it's too late to change now. Saint won't beat Dahli if he can't beat out his performance scores, even if his costumes are better. And I'm surprised Hoso's such a backstage diva he had to be called out for it. Yikes.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Dragula: And I'm surprised Hoso's such a backstage diva he had to be called out for it. Yikes.

Hoso has clarified that they weren't RUDE, just very needy/inconvenient. The Boulets seem to be pretty open on their podcast about behind-the-scenes stuff, so I'm sure they'll mention it next podcast if they feel otherwise.

https://twitter.com/hosoterratoma/status/1463527701050904580

https://twitter.com/hosoterratoma/status/1463527938255556608

Pinwiz11 posted:

(also i NOPE-ed right through that extermination challenge)

Ha, I was worried at first because I thought they'd have to eat something gross...those are the only challenges I have to turn away from. So when the Boulet(s) said "They'll be crawling all over you", I went "Phew, okay, never mind."

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

If anyone is thinking of getting OutTV for more drag content; there's a Black Friday deal right now where you can get your first two months at 99cents/month (I'm in Canada) through Prime.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
That was a really fun episode of Dragula and a breath of fresh air to have the heavy drama out of the way. It was great to see Landon ~~ as the guest judge as well.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

UK is done, the outcome was foregone, Lawrence didn’t show up to pass on the crown? Hope she’s doing ok

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
UK ending was bullshit. I'm convinced Ru is on drugs.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glad it’s over. Finally. What a poo poo lip sync to end on.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
UK: what bullshit! Ru and Michelle should retire.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

UK still lollin at Ella's take of Veronica Green in the makeup mirror, laser targeted impression

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UK: my heart was rooting for Kitty; my head said it would be one of the other two. I'm not mad, just resigned, and I didn't think they'd go for another big funny queen three times. Has anyone considered that when the new UK winner goes to Hollywood, she'll be too young to drink there? (I have no idea how that would work for clubs, if she could go in and just not drink?)

Canada:

Kimora, that was embarrassing. However, I agree with you about how stupid that lip sync song is. Everyone involved in its writing and recording should get Ebola. If I'm angry at anything this week, it's that loving song.

PYTHIA'S CENTAUR!

There was a wonderful side-eye moment Icesis gave onstage during her roast which gave me Willam (that's a compliment).

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 26, 2021

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It looks like all the mods deleted all the comments and locked the thread for the UK finale over at the drag race subreddit.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Well thank god that season's over. I will admit Krystal showed up in the final challenge when I thought she'd flop so good for her. I guess it was a wrap as soon as Ru said she was born to be a drag queen.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

Well thank god that season's over. I will admit Krystal showed up in the final challenge when I thought she'd flop so good for her. I guess it was a wrap as soon as Ru said she was born to be a drag queen.

"You failed to make us laugh in Snatch Game and your runway is a disaster, but you were born to be a drag queen, so you're safe."

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
While I've watched some recaps I mostly skipped out on UK because I don't want to support the BBC and it sounds like I made the right call. Sounds like a real shitshow.

On the plus side I finally started Dragula and it's a good time. I'm impressed at how the Boulets have developed as hosts. I remember thinking they were a little shakey on season 1 (not bad but clearly finding their feet).

Thank you for reminding me that Gia Gunn exists :allears:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
DRUK3 winner was absolutely not shocking at all! Ella, when you come back for all-stars, I hope to god you don’t gently caress up that gorgeous face with all-stars fillers.

Canada I liked Kimora but wooof that lip sync, gurl. That was uncomfortable. That was lovely. I felt bad for Gia.

lookmanicant
Apr 18, 2006

Hi, I'm John Sheppard. Isn't my hair awesome? I like ferris wheels.
DRUK3: WOW was that meh. Krystal is good at looks and pulled it out for the final challenge. Did she deserve the win? Nah, not over the other two, especially not over Ella. It was a strong top 3, though.

Canada: Kimora saying she was ready to go home came out of left field. I was very shocked by it. I'm guessing that's an editing thing, and it shows how lousy the editing goes for the show. That lip sync was a tragedy and it was so uncomfortable to watch, I wish they'd cut it out.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

UKDR

:fuckoff: I do not believe Krystal Versace is still a virgin after this series. I guess it is nice to actually feel something about a drag race finale??

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I can't explain why I love the way Icesis does her makeup in a permanent stankface

Also, ugh Pythia's mind

Edit: oh, and stan Yuhua

https://twitter.com/YuhuaHamasaki/status/1462867482637737992

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_7yx-yB8g

Edit: I'm dumb and this is actually from Episode 5, not Episode 6. I have apparently lost all idea of time!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 29, 2021