Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Viscous Soda posted:

I looked it up (after remembering you can search Youtube history) and it was actually Germany Could Not Win WW2 (part 2) by Potential History

Edit: and I was beaten about my own Youtube history lol.

It's alright, only reason I had that video on the tip of my mind was because I watched it like 3 days ago and knew immediately what you were talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It should also be mentioned that in the latter half of WW2, when the RKKA was on the offensive, they took similar losses to the germans on the offensive, even with the Stalin fuckery on the officer corps and the surprise attack. The germans meanwhile took soviets-in-Barbarossa losses. Turns out grinding urban battles with World War 2 technology gets a ton of people killed! The whole "bolshevik hordes and german supermen" is a myth.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Coolness Averted posted:

Wait did he molest a kid too? I thought he just said it was actually cool and good he was molested by a priest when he was young.

I don't know if he's gone and done it himself (probably!), but he definitely seemed like he was advocating that it happen to others:

Warning: gross poo poo ahead!

quote:

We get hung up on this child abuse stuff… This is one of the reasons why I hate the left, the one size fits all policing of culture, this arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent.
I’m grateful for Father Michael [a Catholic priest Milo claims to have had sex with as a teenager]. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.
Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody who is 13 years old and sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty, who do not have functioning sex organs yet, who have not gone through puberty.
In the gay world, some of the most important enriching, and incredibly life-affirming, important, shaping relationships are between younger boys and older men. They can be hugely positive experiences very often for those young boys.

(Not sure how accurate this quote is, I'm at work and am not gonna have audio advocating pedophilia coming out of my speakers.)

Looks like he did it on Joe Rogan, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ42rSyp7BQ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Wait did he molest a kid too? I thought he just said it was actually cool and good he was molested by a priest when he was young.

I don't think there was anything he actually claimed to have done, but when you think milo you think "oh yeah the weird pedo guy"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Milo tried to do the libertarian thing / went tooo edgelord about the age of consent and his dark money benefactor dropped him.

I still think if he did the paedo stuff anytime after 2016 he probably would still be minor talkin head as The Token Gay. Hes also got massive amount of debt ever since his dark money benefactor dropped him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You would think that there would be a mid teir think take somewhere at least willing to throw him a bone and just give him a desk job and tell him to be quiet.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

PhazonLink posted:

I still think if he did the paedo stuff anytime after 2016 he probably would still be minor talkin head as The Token Gay. Hes also got massive amount of debt ever since his dark money benefactor dropped him.

quote:

In December 2018, The Guardian reported that documents assembled by his former Australian tour promoters, Australian Events Management, showed Yiannopoulos had accrued more than $2 million in unpaid debt: $1.6 million to his own company, $400,000 to the Mercer Family Foundation, $153,215 to his former lawyers, $76,574 to former collaborator and Breitbart writer Allum Bokhari, and $20,000 to the luxury brand Cartier.

I love how his supporters are the same folks who would call someone a welfare queen for being poor and daring to have a fridge.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

You would think that there would be a mid teir think take somewhere at least willing to throw him a bone and just give him a desk job and tell him to be quiet.

those are jobs for failkids of families that are already part of The Upper Class, not some freakshow tool.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

He's a narcissist who thinks he's too good for a normal job. He'll never do it because he thinks he's above that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Viscous Soda posted:

I can't remember who it was from but, I got recommended a Youtube video of some guy critiquing "Germany could have won WW2 if they just..." plans. He pointed out was that most of said plans required Nazi Germany acting in ways totally opposed their stated goals and beliefs, and as such most could be broken down to "If the Nazi's weren't Nazis, they might have won" which really isn't a useful observation.

This reminds me of that ancient bit of internet humor, the Evil Overlord checklist, which I found less funny once I realized it basically boiled down to "don't act like an evil overlord."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jordan peterson, pillar of the intellectual dark web, arguing with himself on twitter

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did he mean that as an addendum to the original post or what

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Internet Tough Guy makin a comeback

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Memento posted:

jordan peterson, pillar of the intellectual dark web, arguing with himself on twitter

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

He's old, only eats meat, is a Jungian, and is hooked on pills.

Who knows what the gently caress goes through his head.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FreudianSlippers posted:

He's old, only eats meat, is a Jungian, and is hooked on pills.

Who knows what the gently caress goes through his head.

also he has a pretty severe brain injury from that induced coma in the private Russian hospital

I have just assumed it's either his daughter or her boyfriend running his accounts these days

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Memento posted:

Jordan Peterson: "Sorry, reply is not edit."

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Good job furry artists.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1460374081262407685

A nft douche took a bunch of furry art and made a nft of it and then was dmca'd over it.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Bugsy posted:

Good job furry artists.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1460374081262407685

A nft douche took a bunch of furry art and made a nft of it and then was dmca'd over it.

lmao this dude is loving wild

since selling things you didn't make and don't own the rights to is fair use, i would like to offer for purchase the Twitter handle @Vince_Van_Dough, $50 obo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why is Jorp's av a cartoon drawing of an anus

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
But bu but I own it! The blockchain says so!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If Stalin hadn't hosed the army's organization to hell and back the germans would probably have eaten poo poo much sooner honestly, they did far better than most of them even expected, and it still wasn't enough.

I mean if Stalin hadn't "hosed" the Red Army's organization, as you put it, there would have been entire units made up and commanded by fascists and monarchist revanchists who would have just defected or deserted instead.

I really don't know why people otherwise seem informed on the topic think this was either (a) some weird capricious decision made by Stalin and Stalin alone (it wasn't) or (b) some kind of political move unrelated to the fact that still having former Tsarists and White Army members in the chain of command when you're expecting to be fighting fascists is in either case a bad idea (it was political but for obvious practical reasons).

Most of it is predicated on the weirdly made up fiction that communists and fascists were secretly best buddies and so the invasion was a total surprise to the Soviet Union (again, it was not, just the exact avenue of advance). An entire fictive history has been created to justify these things when actual historiography doesn't support any of it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

HiroProtagonist posted:

I mean if Stalin hadn't "hosed" the Red Army's organization, as you put it, there would have been entire units made up and commanded by fascists and monarchist revanchists who would have just defected or deserted instead.

I really don't know why people otherwise seem informed on the topic think this was either (a) some weird capricious decision made by Stalin and Stalin alone (it wasn't) or (b) some kind of political move unrelated to the fact that still having former Tsarists and White Army members in the chain of command when you're expecting to be fighting fascists is in either case a bad idea (it was politician but for obvious practical reasons).

Most of it is predicated on the weirdly made up fiction that communists and fascists were secretly best buddies and so the invasion was a total surprise to the Soviet Union (again, it was not, just the exact avenue of advance). An entire fictive history has been created to justify these things when actual historiography doesn't support any of it.

Stalin was a paranoid murderous maniac more concerned with watching american westerns than communism, and genuinely allied with Hitler and sent the RKKA to invade three countries to help him, then had a two-week breakdown when Barbarossa happened. The great purge was targeted at perceived "Trotskyites," not whites. Are you seriously sitting here in late 2021 calling loving Tukhachevsky a traitor who deserved what he got?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why is Jorp's av a cartoon drawing of an anus

I. Hate that little image.

Way back in 2015 I Facebook friended someone from work, all of which I no longer do but I digress, I was dumb then. He had that as a profile pic.

Huh, I wonder what that is, I thought briefly.

Turns the gently caress out it's the mark of a barely cognizant moron. This guy proceeded to give me the worst facebook experience I've ever had, checking off every box on the chudlist. I blocked his rear end hard and never spoke to him at work again.

It's the cover of Peterson's poo poo book.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1461027970265481220

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what in the world

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

looking forward to the cum edit

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Garrison has a poor understanding of banana plant physiology.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This poo poo is bananas.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Who's in Pelosi's gulag? An uncharacteristic failure on Garrison's part to label something, and where one is actually needed to boot!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Who's in Pelosi's gulag? An uncharacteristic failure on Garrison's part to label something, and where one is actually needed to boot!

paul gosar, unjustly censured for using his free speech

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Just deleted a long response to this for a second time. I... I can't even begin to articulate how little this make sense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'd say COVID totaled his brain, but he didn't have much of one to begin with. Still, I suppose it's something worthy of note that not even Garrisonvision can make Steve Bannon look like anything other than the platonic ideal of a slovenly gently caress.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Just deleted a long response to this for a second time. I... I can't even begin to articulate how little this make sense.

Never believe that fascists are completely unaware of the absurdity of their posts. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since they believe in words. The fascists have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by making ridiculous posts, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr Christmas posted:

I don’t believe this is a genuine Garrison.

The man in the orange jumpsuit isn’t labelled. How will the audience know who he is?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Gorillas are the natural bane of bananas, just as the FBI should be going after corrupt DemonRats. So Democrats ordering the FBI around is like a banana trying to order a gorilla around. It is pointless and hypocritical for them to try to divert the FBI’s attention to Brannon when their corrupt bananatude is plain for all to see.

That, at least, is perfectly easy to understand :rolleyes:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Arivia posted:

paul gosar, unjustly censured for using his free speech loving anime

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr Christmas posted:

Gorillas are the natural bane of bananas, just as the FBI should be going after corrupt DemonRats. So Democrats ordering the FBI around is like a banana trying to order a gorilla around. It is pointless and hypocritical for them to try to divert the FBI’s attention to Brannon when their corrupt bananatude is plain for all to see.

That, at least, is perfectly easy to understand :rolleyes:

Yeah O.K. I got that.

And “banana republic” is a weak pun and the flag goes along with that.

And Garrison has never seen a banana plant in his life and just recently googled “banana tree leaves”, so whatever, it’s branching, woody, and cauliflorous.

But are those brass knuckles on the FBI ape? Why?

Why is Pelosi’s gulag in the tree? Why is it in the comic? Is that where the gorilla is supposed to take Bannon? Who’s in it right now? Did the gorilla book ’em?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
book em, danno: https://one-chicago-fbi.fandom.com/wiki/Dan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

HiroProtagonist posted:

An entire fictive history has been created to justify these things when actual historiography doesn't support any of it.

Lmao a fictive history would be part of the historiography, please get back in your lane.