Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Whoever is Ridley Scott please somehow force Disney to finish the goddamn Alien prequel trilogy. That’s all I want maaaaaan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CelticPredator posted:

Whoever is Ridley Scott please somehow force Disney to finish the goddamn Alien prequel trilogy. That’s all I want maaaaaan

Baby Chestburster is definitely some monkey paw style thinking, well done

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CelticPredator posted:

Look I'm not the biggest fan of Covenant but good god the ending is so wonderfully meanspirited :allears:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe third time will be the charm.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Thaddius the Large posted:

Baby Chestburster is definitely some monkey paw style thinking, well done

Chestburster that comes out of a baby so the Xenomorph's baby-sized

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Stop thinking so small, man. Disney Princess Ripley prequel movie.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Main difference being that as you go down into B and C list and so on it's not to supplement the A listers but to replace them.

I keep thinking that the end game is to diminish the original MCU core cast's role, then replace them with a new Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. from an "alternate universe". Maybe not even in a few years, but eventually they're going to want "the" Captain America back, and by then there will be Marvel fans who were toddlers when the first movie came out in 2011, so they're going to accept the change because Marvel is gradually introducing the concept in this phase of movies.

The Spider-Man trailer didn't show anything I didn't know, so it didn't make me more excited for it, or more willing to see it in theaters. I expected a stinger at the end to show the other Spiders-Mens.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

LifeLynx posted:

I keep thinking that the end game is to diminish the original MCU core cast's role, then replace them with a new Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. from an "alternate universe".
This is the most perfect culmination of comic book film mediocrity so it'll end up being what happens.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

LifeLynx posted:

The Spider-Man trailer didn't show anything I didn't know, so it didn't make me more excited for it, or more willing to see it in theaters. I expected a stinger at the end to show the other Spiders-Mens.
They're (sort of) saving it for the moviegoing audience, which I guess is something. I still remember how Sony would show like 40 minutes of the Andrew Garfield movies through trailers.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Parkingtigers posted:

3.5 million views in 3 hours, half a million likes versus only 3k dislikes, and once again this thread is peak contrarian with "wow, that sucks".

Never change, goons.

P.S. the plural should be Spider-Mans as it's of a proper noun.

Lol

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

3.5 million views in 3 hours, half a million likes versus only 3k dislikes, and once again this thread is peak contrarian with "wow, that sucks".

Never change, goons.

P.S. the plural should be Spider-Mans as it's of a proper noun.

This is the guy who didn’t like the matrix and didn’t understand until this thread that it was an event film lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

YaketySass posted:

Chestburster that comes out of a baby so the Xenomorph's baby-sized

This put an absolutely horrifying image in my head :(

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Well, yes, that is the general idea of a horror movie.

teagone posted:

Monkey's paw :rip:

Spider-Monkey's paw.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

GQ Tom Holland interview posted:

The production of No Way Home sounds like total chaos. As the first day of filming approached, several key actors hadn’t signed on yet. “Some people were trying to figure out whether they wanted to do it, and we needed all of them or none,” Holland says. The movie was reportedly going to be released after the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, but when that film was delayed by COVID, it was decided that No Way Home would go first, requiring changes to the plot. Even once filming was underway, the script was being rewritten on an almost daily basis. “You could ask the director, ‘What happens in act three?’ And his response would be, ‘I’m still trying to figure it out,’ ” Holland says.

Anyway, the day finally came to shoot the big finale, “the crescendo scene, like, is this really loving happening? It’s crazy.” Only, it wasn’t working. “I kept stopping and being like, ‘I’m so sorry, I just don’t believe what I’m saying.’ ” The director, Jon Watts, took him aside, and Holland told him: It wasn’t me. The scene was wrong. “We sat down, we went through it, and we came up with a new idea,” Holland says. “Then we pitched it to the writers, they rewrote it, and it works great.”
lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ripley is hanging out with Call on lovely earth and that’s all she needs to do.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Can't wait to experience the poo poo show, lol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ripley clones seize the Ripley cloning facilities, 3rd act is just wave after wave of Sigourney Weaver clones overwhelming an alien colony.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kathleen Kennedy will pay for this :argh:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Honestly this is the one piece of news about this movie that sort of makes me feel a little better about it. The overall plot is still a mess but it’s nice that they figured out it wasn’t working when they still had a chance to fix it rather than realizing in in the editing room and trying to salvage a bunch of lovely takes

Still a lazy-rear end premise though, make your own gd villains you’ve got an entire multiverse how is it that the 5-6 guys coming out that sky hole are the ones who have been in movies before

edit: here’s a trailer with JK Simmons in it that doesn’t make me shake my head

https://youtu.be/hGRIjF-OOkg

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 17, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I read on twitter that Sony pressured Marvel into making a "Sinister Six" movie because they never could get it off the ground and No Way Home is now the result. Lol if true.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m disappointed that they never followed up on the promise of Michael Mando as Scorpion

E: honestly a straightforward sinister six movie is a better idea than whatever this clusterfuck multiverse thing is going to be

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 17, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

Okay which one of you is Ridley Scott

(He's 100% correct.)

Be cool if he made a good movie in the last 20 years

His script is usually the problem

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

teagone posted:

I read on twitter that Sony pressured Marvel into making a "Sinister Six" movie because they never could get it off the ground and No Way Home is now the result. Lol if true.

Which is extra dumb because Sony has never been closer to a Sinister Six movie with new characters than right now. You have Vulture, Mysterio, Venom, Morbius, and a Kraven movie coming down the pike. Plus you could easily introduce characters in the movie itself.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Be cool if he made a good movie in the last 20 years

His script is usually the problem

I thought The Last Duel was really good, but I'm also a Prometheus defender. :)

Dude has made a half dozen bangers in the last two decades, and tends to take on risky projects which I respect.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

teagone posted:

Ok but then who is the sixth? I count five.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m disappointed that they never followed up on the promise of Michael Mando as Scorpion

E: honestly a straightforward sinister six movie is a better idea than whatever this clusterfuck multiverse thing is going to be
I wonder if Sony realizes that, since they keep rebooting spiderman every few years, they will never make enough standalone movies in the same continuity to build up six villains beforehand, so crossing continuities is the only way they'll get it done.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The United States posted:

I wonder if Sony realizes that, since they keep rebooting spiderman every few years, they will never make enough standalone movies in the same continuity to build up six villains beforehand, so crossing continuities is the only way they'll get it done.

Venom. Maybe?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
nah its Spiderman from the Evil Dimension

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The United States posted:

Paul Giamatti’s Rhino is the ringleader of them all

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ammanas posted:

yeah, tobey maguire

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Norman could be doing his "You were a son to me" pitch trying to get Peter to be the sixth

it's what they did on the Ultimate comics.

scratch that, I like the Giamatti option

not Giamatti Rhino, just Giamatti himself

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah, tobey maguire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKNTr-JsX20

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Gnome de plume posted:

Norman could be doing his "You were a son to me" pitch trying to get Peter to be the sixth

it's what they did on the Ultimate comics.

scratch that, I like the Giamatti option

not Giamatti Rhino, just Giamatti himself

Giamatti, but from Sideways

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Based on leaks/rumors that got the rest of the movie right, the sixth member was Rhino, who was either cut from the movie during development, or included as a fake spoiler by Marvel as a way to narrow down who was leaking things. Apparently current credible sources are saying there's only 5 villains total.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ah yes, the sinister cinco

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Withnail and I, but it’s Paul Giamatti’s Rhino aimlessly drifting through the multiverse, blithely dismissing his fellow villains while failing to overcome his own ineptitude

acksplode
May 17, 2004

PETER: [To MJ, crying] This mess is all my fault. I keep hurting the people I'm trying to protect. Maybe I'm the conspicuously absent sixth member of the Sinister Six super villain group of bad guys.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ammanas posted:

Yeah like a Spider-Man who calls in drone strikes on teenagers and has a Murder Mode AI suit he wears.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

masterpiece

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Ah yes, the sinister cinco

They could steal the evil Fantastic Four name and go with the Frightful Five, but I’m more partial to the Filthy Five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

acksplode posted:

PETER: [To MJ, crying] This mess is all my fault. I keep hurting the people I'm trying to protect. Maybe I'm the conspicuously absent sixth member of the Sinister Six super villain group of bad guys.
Evil Spider-Man would unironically be fun and good