Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Unless your father had a very specific name I don’t think you need to worry about your kid keeping the name alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

100% of people will assume he’s named after Lucius Malfoy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lucius is a perfectly fine name, and he can get Luke as a more "normal" nickname. Op seems kinda lovely after husband was willing to drop his surname and take hers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah she sounds kind of selfish. She can not like the name but she doesn’t seem interest in doing anything but what she wants

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

trickybiscuits posted:

comment:

I was voted "Most Quiet" in my senior year. Turned out I had crippling social anxiety that required years of therapy and antidepressants to get me to some semblance of normalcy. Hooray!

Fortunately it wasn't at prom, which I didn't go to anyway. It was for the yearbook and I just didn't turn up to have my photo taken because I had better things to do. I mean I was there at school when the photos were being taken, and I was completely free and had nowhere to be and actually walked past the place where they were taking the pictures, but having my picture taken for the awards section was less important than NOT having my picture taken for the awards section.

Anyway, it was nice to get out of high school.

I was voted "Most Talkative" in my middle school yearbook since I was a really shy and awkward kid. I played along and let them take a picture of me holding a telephone. I didn't mind much at the time, but looking back, I kinda wish I told them to go gently caress themselves.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm glad my graduating class was like 1000+ people and I could just fly under everyone's radar

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not refusing to give my son the name my husband wants to give him?

Et Tu Brute? (Ok, it's actually his grandfather but I couldn't resist)

well, it could be worse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pupienus

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

ponzicar posted:

I was voted "Most Talkative" in my middle school yearbook since I was a really shy and awkward kid. I played along and let them take a picture of me holding a telephone. I didn't mind much at the time, but looking back, I kinda wish I told them to go gently caress themselves.
Yeah. lovely jokes like that can really affect people. :(

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

However bad you think shots are, rabies and tetanus the diseases are worse.
There's some television show called "History Cold Case" or something, where a bunch of experts in things like archaeology and osteology and forensic science look at a skeleton from history and try to figure out who it was, how they died, etc. It's not a great show but it's pretty fun. There was one episode where they found the skeleton of a man with a genetic anomaly where his left knee and elbow were fused in bent positions- there wasn't even a joint, just solid bone. And all the evidence pointed to him having been part of the army! Someone on the show said that in the 1600s, when this man had lived, there wasn't really a concept of "disabled" and "not disabled." It was so easy to go from able-bodied to disabled, due to illness or injury that couldn't be treated well, that the line between the two effectively didn't exist. It was sort of a spectrum of how well your body functioned and you just did the best you could with what you had. The realization that physical disability- as we would consider it- was so endemic really stuck with me. It was one of those moments when I realized how unlike the past the modern world is, in ways I'd never even considered.

So many people in developed countries will never see illnesses like smallpox or measles. There was some video of a woman arguing that polio has been eradicated from the United States and therefore we don't need to vaccinate for it. I wanted someone to ask her, "If nobody is vaccinated, what will keep it from coming back?" to see the wheels in her brain grind to a stop.

That was way off topic. Here's some content.

Help! My Partner Wants Everyone to Use His Phallic-Sounding Nickname.

I can't get to the whole thing because it requires a subscription, but here's what I was able to read:

quote:

My partner, whom I love and will likely marry, has an unfortunate nickname from his youth, a form of his name that’s often associated with a child, or, in many cases, a penis. Think “Dickie” for Richard, very similarly phallic. He loves this name and everyone in his life who has known him since he’s a kid still calls him by it.

As you might have guessed, I hate this name. I feel uncomfortable using it to address a grown man, and the few times I’ve used it talking about him early on to family, friends, even my therapist, they all made fun of him.

Until now, professionally and with newer people, he’s always gone with “Rich.” Now he is embarking on a career change and wants to use “Dickie” on all his work. The idea is he’ll be successful and widely known professionally by this name. He knows I don’t love using it personally, and is fine with that.

Please tell me there is something I can say to suggest he stick with his current professional identity and avoid having to be with little Dickie forever.

I bet it's Rod.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Went from a graduating class of 400 to 40 between sophomore and junior year.. When they did the yearbook awards for senior year me and a girl won best smile. It was a small graduating class so they split the awards between men and women. I was actually quite happy about that and mentioned to a couple people that I didn't realize people liked my smile.

Turns out since it was such a small graduating class instead of giving multiple awards to a single person they made sure everyone was given an award. They weren't quite sure were to put me so why not Nice Smile?

I wish I could've stayed at the other high school.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

trickybiscuits posted:

Help! My Partner Wants Everyone to Use His Phallic-Sounding Nickname.

I can't get to the whole thing because it requires a subscription, but here's what I was able to read:

I bet it's Rod.

Willy.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
How the hell did her dad even die in the Gulf War? I just looked it up and there were 292 total deaths on the US coalition side, 145 of which were classified as "non-hostile."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cumshitter posted:

How the hell did her dad even die in the Gulf War? I just looked it up and there were 292 total deaths on the US coalition side, 145 of which were classified as "non-hostile."

Maybe he was Iraqi.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ponzicar posted:

Teasing nicknames are weird. I was Brewski because I was an anxiety-riddled straightedge guy who would never get within ten feet of underage drinking. I hated it, but the guy who came up with it thought it was the funniest thing ever. Fast-forward a few years to college, a bit of a respelling to personalize it when I had to name a savefile, and then a night playing video games with people I actually liked and laughing about the whole thing, and now it's been my e-handle for ages.

trickybiscuits posted:

So many people in developed countries will never see illnesses like smallpox or measles. There was some video of a woman arguing that polio has been eradicated from the United States and therefore we don't need to vaccinate for it. I wanted someone to ask her, "If nobody is vaccinated, what will keep it from coming back?" to see the wheels in her brain grind to a stop.

It blows my mind that there's a chicken pox vaccine. It was just something we had to deal with growing up and hope it wasn't too bad.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

cumshitter posted:

I think those were from when the Canadians got bombed by the USAAF. IIRC there were also a bunch killed during the build-up when their barracks got hit by a SCUD. But even those 300 must have had some kids running around.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bruceski posted:

Teasing nicknames are weird. I was Brewski because I was an anxiety-riddled straightedge guy who would never get within ten feet of underage drinking. I hated it, but the guy who came up with it thought it was the funniest thing ever. Fast-forward a few years to college, a bit of a respelling to personalize it when I had to name a savefile, and then a night playing video games with people I actually liked and laughing about the whole thing, and now it's been my e-handle for ages.

It blows my mind that there's a chicken pox vaccine. It was just something we had to deal with growing up and hope it wasn't too bad.

Someday people just won't get shingles anymore. Shingrix will be obsolete.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Or maybe she refers to the 2003-2011 occupation the gulf war? In which case add 4,431 more deaths.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hughlander posted:

Or maybe she refers to the 2003-2011 occupation the gulf war? In which case add 4,431 more deaths.

There are still thousands of US troops in Iraq today.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

So it turns out the "most annoying" story really happened, just not to the Reddit poster.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ire/1369033001/

quote:

A school district in northwestern Indiana has issued an apology after a special needs teacher awarded an 11-year-old student with autism a trophy naming him the "most annoying male" of the school year.

The Bailly Preparatory Academy teacher gave the boy the trophy May 23 during a fifth-grade awards luncheon attended by students, parents and the school principal, the Northwest Indiana Times reported. The school is in Gary, about 30 miles southeast of Chicago.

Rick Castejon, the boy's father, said his family was blindsided.

"We just weren't expecting it," he said. "As a principal or teacher, you should never let this happen to any student."
School issues apology

Gary Community School Corp. issued an apology to the boy and his family in a statement Monday. Emergency manager Peter Morikis called it an "unfortunate occurrence" and declined to comment on the employment status of the teacher involved.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My boyfriend (30m) and I (25f) always play wrestled. He stopped enjoying it once I started being able to hold my own, and I feel weird about that.

quote:

My boyfriend and I would often joke around by play wrestling, from the start of our relationship, like if we were cuddling in bed and I wanted to get up earlier, he'd wrestle me back into bed. Or on the beach, he'd pick me up and carry me around and joke that he'd dunk me in the water. Stuff that we both found fun; I never felt like he was being too pushy or doing it when I seriously wasn't in the mood. We've been together for about 3 years and this has been our dynamic the whole time.

About 6 months ago, I started at a martial arts gym that has kick boxing, krav, and bjj, and I've been going to classes a lot. I try to go to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. I'm small but the instructions are good at teaching us to work with what we got, and I've gotten pretty good at throwing my whole weight behind what I do, and leveraging my body to put a lot of power behind anything. Plus just working with physics to make yourself as hard to push around as possible. Learning to take a hit without loosing my footing, to weasel my way out of holds. It's fun learning what does and doesn't work on someone way bigger.

Even though wasn't why I started at my gym, I started getting really good at holding my own when my boyfriend and I were play wrestling.

When he'd try to pin me in bed, I can usually get out pretty quick. I was still having fun with that, I felt proud of myself generally. For using the stuff I was leaning outside of the class and having it work. And my boyfriend would pout about me pushing my way out of bed or whatever but I always thought he meant that in a playful way. (Well, some of what I was learning, obviously I left out the punching and kicking haha)

Recently, my boyfriend and I went camping with a bunch of friends and we were all laying around on beach blankets around the fire and drinking. My boyfriend playfully grabbed me from behind when I was getting up to get beers, and I was able to shove him in the stomach with my elbow then grab his jaw and push upwards leaving him off balance (imagine a pez dispenser)

Our friends were laughing about it and calling me "street fighter" and stuff, and I played up the joke, doing a couple kicks at the air when I went to get drinks. I thought we were just playing, we'd play wrestled like that for basically our whole relationship. So I didn't really make the connection as to why my boyfriend seemed to be in a bad mood when I got back.

We kept drinking and later that night my boyfriend said that he didn't like how I took it "too seriously" when he was just playing around. And it was crappy of me to do stuff like stick my pointy elbows at him and such. And just generally use stuff I'd learned at the gym on him. He said it wasn't as fun or flirty as before I started at the gym.

I said that even back then, I'd tried to wrestle back, I just didn't know what I was doing so I'd mainly flail around and shove instead of anything that works. And yeah it turns out he misses when he could overpower me like that. I said that I wasn't about to fake it, and that if he wanted to he should join me at the gym sometime. And he wasn't a fan of that, he said it wasn't fun if we'd be taking it too seriously.

I said that I couldn't just fake not knowing how to push back, and if it wasn't fun anymore we didn't have to do it anymore.

And since then, our intimacy has suffered and I think that's why. I also feel a little weird that he only enjoyed it when he could push me around and then once we were on more equal footing (him being bigger and stronger but me having better technique) he no longer thought it was fun. I don't know if that should bother me as much as it does but it feels like he prefers me weak.

Can I have some advice on how to get our playfulness and intimacy back? And whether I should be feeling so weird about things...

tl;dr My boyfriend stopped enjoying play wrestling once I started being able to hold my own. Our intimacy and playfulness in our relationship is suffering and I also feel weird about the fact that he seemed to prefer me weak

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

the holy poopacy posted:

My boyfriend (30m) and I (25f) always play wrestled. He stopped enjoying it once I started being able to hold my own, and I feel weird about that.

I'm with her except dont start throwing elbows or go for the face when play fighting, he's not wrong that its less fun like that. But I think the real answer if that BF needs to join a greco-roman wrestling gym

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

My [21M] boyfriend let me [23F] win at a arm wrestling contest, my friend [23F] how it's going to hurt my confidence

quote:

I have been seeing this guy Roman for 4 months now, he is really sweet. His nick name is " The Gentle Hulk" not a name he wanted but people labelled him as that

He is a big guy like 6'8 and is really into body building

Today we were out with one of my friends at a coffee place , and I was talking to Roman about what movie we were going to go see tomorrow. I jokingly suggested a arm wrestle contest, he put his arm on the table and said " square up"

His arm dwarfed mine, it was like a stick compared to a log. He let me win and was like " oh no you beat me". He got up a little while later to go do something

My friend started telling me that, if he let's me win at thing's like that it will hurt my confidence. She was telling me it was really rude how he let me win and she should not treat me as "weak".

I have never dated a guy before, but is she telling the truth when she says these things?

tl;dr: My boyfriend let me win at a arm wrestling contest, and my friend started telling me that if he continues to let me win / treat me as weak it will hurt my confidence

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm with her except dont start throwing elbows or go for the face when play fighting, he's not wrong that its less fun like that. But I think the real answer if that BF needs to join a greco-roman wrestling gym

Yeah there is play fighting and then there is what she did. I kinda see where he’s coming from if you are just playing around but someone starts fighting for real.

He should obviously join a competing BJJ gym and they can have their own TV show.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

trickybiscuits posted:

There was one episode where they found the skeleton of a man with a genetic anomaly where his left knee and elbow were fused in bent positions- there wasn't even a joint, just solid bone. And all the evidence pointed to him having been part of the army! Someone on the show said that in the 1600s, when this man had lived, there wasn't really a concept of "disabled" and "not disabled." It was so easy to go from able-bodied to disabled, due to illness or injury that couldn't be treated well, that the line between the two effectively didn't exist. It was sort of a spectrum of how well your body functioned and you just did the best you could with what you had.

sounds like arthrogryposis, which presents uniquely in everyone afflicted by it and it could range from "annoying but tolerable mobility problems" to "profound mobility problems, cannot move under own power" depending on how bad the dice roll is at birth

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

the holy poopacy posted:

My [21M] boyfriend let me [23F] win at a arm wrestling contest, my friend [23F] how it's going to hurt my confidence

the friend is absolutely trying to unsubtly sabotage her and make her second guess cute gestures so she can sweep in and try to take the guy later

wack

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, letting her win is going to irreparably harm her confidence and it's probably extreme physical and mental abuse as well. sever from your friend immediately

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

the holy poopacy posted:

Meanwhile:

TIFU by showing my girlfriend my actual strength

quote:

Standard – this did not happen today. Actually a few years back.

So, when my then gf and I started dating, I discovered early on that she can be quite physical. In the sense that she likes to push, hold, punch even. Bare in mind she is not actually trying to hurt me, she is just playful like that. I found this both adorable and fun, so I played along.

And here is the gently caress up… If she pushed me, I would act like I had to balance myself, or if the bed/sofa was nearby I would fall onto it. If she held me, I would pretend that it was difficult for me to get out of her grip. If I pushed her and she resisted, I would pretend it was hard work, same with me holding her arms etc. You get the idea.

I always assumed she knew I was playing along and not actually physically straining myself to compete with her strength. This went on for months.

One day, we were chilling on the sofa, watching a show when I realised, I was running late to meet some friends. I told her I need to shower and make a move, she decided this was a good time for a playfight. She sat on top of me to pin my arms under her knees. I played along and “struggled” to move her off me. A little more ‘wrestling’ took place, with me playing along like I do. Then I told her I really need to make a move. She was not done and continued to hold/push me back onto the sofa. Eventually I decided I need to ‘win’ this little fight and get going. So, I got her onto her back, held her hands near her head and leant down to kiss her on the cheeks a few times and let her know again that I am running late.

She tried to move her arms and could not. Whilst struggling she grunted out. ‘Why are you so strong today.’

I laughed (gently caress up No2) and looked at her like she was joking.

Her eyes went wide with comprehension and she stopped struggling. ‘You are always this strong?’ She asked, almost to herself.

‘Come on babe, you did not really think we are of equal strength, did you?’ I replied.

I then went to take a shower, got ready and as I was heading out the door, I noticed that she might have been a little glum. Me, being fully aware that I do not fully comprehend the mystery of female emotions, had no clue why she was upset. I did what all men do, I guessed. I gave her a kiss and said I won’t be gone for long and that I can pick up her favourite Chinese on the way back. I assumed she was upset about me not spending the afternoon with her.

No reply. gently caress up No3 – I should have spent some time talking it through. I instead went on my merry way and had a great loving time with my friends. She spent the next few hours brewing, simmering, seething, and of course overthinking.

I came home with the Chinese and as soon as I put it down on the dining table, she sprung out of the corner and attacked me. It genuinely surprised me and I reacted by bear hugging her to my chest. She struggled with more force than she normally would and I just held her, I kept asking what was wrong. She gritted her teeth and said. ‘You lied to me.’ Eventually she stopped trying to fight me and I let her go. She then told me how she feels like I lied to her about our ‘fights’ and that really all the time I was laughing at her in my head as I pretended that she was actually winning.

I tried to take the conversation seriously, but come on, how the gently caress am I supposed to take this seriously. So I may have been somewhat mocking, flirting, and generally being an arse about the whole thing.

A week later she broke up with me. FML

TL;DR I pretended my girlfriend and I we were of equal strength.

Edit 1. Haha this got a lot more attention than I was expecting!

Firstly, there's a lot of she's so "stupid", "crazy" "insane" etc...it's a bit mean. Yeah, she reacted errmm drastically but overall she is a good person.

Secondly, it's shocking how polarizing the comments are. There's a lot of comments along the lines of "How the gently caress did she not know" and honestly loads of comments from both guys and girls about how girls can be surprised when they first realise the difference in raw strength.

Big shout out to u/starbrightstar for her comment. It's one of the top comments, and rightly so.

The comment for those curious:

starbrightstar posted:

If she’s never come across the difference in strength between men and women, it can be really scary. Like the first time a guy just continued with me and I tried my hardest to fight and stop (all in play!), it was like a major emotional drop for me.

As women we’re always told to be careful, but when you feel the full difference between the strength of men and women, it’s legit terrifying. As this was definitely her first time experiencing it, it sounds like she feels like the rug is pulled out from under her.

She’s probably trying to figure out why it upset her so much, and settled on the lying angle. It’s not true - he thought she knew. But she just doesn’t know why she’s so upset and is projecting the fear/anger onto him.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Meh, OP took it too far:

There were a few, like most likely to be expelled or most likely to drop out.

There was a most likely to unalive themselves one...I know the guy who got it and he definitely would ...

If a school event gave out an award of most likely to kill themselves, we'd heard about it on the news by now.
When I was a senior, in addition to the usual official senior class voting ("most likely to succeed", "most friendly", blah blah), there was a bunch of unofficial senior awards voted on by the popular crowd that were then spread out via word-of-mouth - things like "most likely to be a lead story on the evening news", "most likely to be a virgin at 40", and so forth.

But that was unofficial and well before the social media / camera-phone era. In 2021, I doubt you'd even be able to get the voting process for that off the ground without someone posting it online and it going viral, much less announce it at prom like OP claims happened.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

limp_cheese posted:

Went from a graduating class of 400 to 40 between sophomore and junior year.. When they did the yearbook awards for senior year me and a girl won best smile. It was a small graduating class so they split the awards between men and women. I was actually quite happy about that and mentioned to a couple people that I didn't realize people liked my smile.

Turns out since it was such a small graduating class instead of giving multiple awards to a single person they made sure everyone was given an award. They weren't quite sure were to put me so why not Nice Smile?

I wish I could've stayed at the other high school.

man, how hard is it to go "Oh yeah, you have a really nice smile!"? It's an utterly harmless lie where the truth is pointless and would make someone sad.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

So it turns out the "most annoying" story really happened, just not to the Reddit poster.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ire/1369033001/

Holy gently caress, not just a teacher, a special needs teacher?! jesus christ

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for saying that someone old enough for social media, is old enough to know Santa does not exist?

quote:

The other day on Facebook, I made a post about how it's my first Christmas as a Grandma this year and I'm excited to "play Santa" again, as my son and his girlfriend live with me, so I'll be helping them assemble toys, wrap gifts, etc (they asked me to).

My nephew is 12 years old and has a FB account, and had added me as a friend awhile ago. He never posts so I forgot we were even friends. A few hours later, I get a text from my sister saying I ruined Christmas and why did I have to post about Santa? I was confused and she said her son still believed in Santa until he read my post. She demanded I apologize to him and tell him I was joking. I told her no. This isn't a 5 year old who accidentally overheard (and even then I don't know if I'd feel comfortable lying). He's almost a teenager, who honestly should've known by now. If he's old enough for a FB account, he's old enough to know Santa doesn't exist.

This has caused a bit of controversy and I do feel bad that I ruined the magic for my nephew. Aita?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Soylent Pudding posted:

I thought this was going to be 4chan style "hiding your power level" and it was going to be about the OP telling his girlfriend that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for saying that someone old enough for social media, is old enough to know Santa does not exist?

Well now you know who in the family will buy your NFTs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Her eyes went wide with comprehension and she stopped struggling. ‘You are always this strong?’ She asked, almost to herself

Me, being fully aware that I do not fully comprehend the mystery of female emotions, had no clue why she was upset.

I fuckin hate this person.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

100% of people will assume he’s named after Lucius Malfoy

Hahaha I was about to post this you rear end in a top hat

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

a job application asked me to rank if torturing a person was worse than prostitution

quote:

I’m trying to change fields from copywriting freelancer to something in the admin assistance sphere. It could be that my greenness is showing, but is it typical for applications to ask you to rate atrocities?

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was directed to fill in an online form. The form started with asking me to rank traits from most to least like me. I’ll admit I kind of rolled my eyes, but I did it.

Then we got to a very long list where I had to rate items from best to worst. These items included things like “a blunder,” “prostitution,” “justice,” “a telephone,” “poisoning the town’s water supply,” “a good idea,” “torturing a person,” “receiving a medal for bravery,” “a lover’s embrace,” and more.

I had no idea what to do, and I also felt that this is basically some pseudoscience masked as smart interviewing. If I said “imprisoning an innocent person” was worse than “torturing a person,” I don’t know that I’d be a better or worse admin assistant than someone who swapped those. Is there any merit to this method? Was there some secret right combination that wouldn’t make this company think I’m a terrible person?

P.S. I’m adding a screenshot to this email just to prove that I’m not making this up.

And the screenshot:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

why did they put 'a life of adventure' on top if they're trying to get hired smh

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not refusing to give my son the name my husband wants to give him?

If the husband doesn't have seven hills to die on, he isn't serious.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Well how else am I supposed to find good henchmen? This volcano lair isn't going to build itself

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Evil Willow posted:

Yet another case of "what the gently caress did you think would happen, you numpty?"

I (37M) got a paternity test done and now my wife might divorce me over it, Help!

Update-Got a paternity test and now my wife might divorce me over it

quote:

So, it’s been a couple months now and I thought I’d update.

My wife finally agreed to a sit down with me a couple weeks after I posted, and as some of you said, she doesn‘t want to stay with me. We talked and basically it boiled down to she wants a divorce because I don’t trust her and think so poorly of her character that I thought she’d pass another mans child off as mine. She then said she’ll never forgive me for treating my son so abhorrently he asked why I hated him. I didn’t realize I treated him so differently, but apparently it was obvious.

I tried to defend myself, but she asked what I meant then, because no matter how I tried to dress it up, I accused her of cheating and treated our son like trash because he wasn’t my spitting image. She then brought up she wondered if I was projecting because only one of us ever had infidelity in their background and it wasn’t her. That stung, because while yes, I had cheated in two past relationships, I’ve never cheated on her. I said that but she said she’d never cheated at all, but that didn’t stop me from accusing her of it did it?

So now my kids won’t talk to me and my wife wants to divorce me. All over a paternity test.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

Update-Got a paternity test and now my wife might divorce me over it

Yeah man, "all over a paternity test", it was clearly just that and not all of the things she very clearly said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Soylent Pudding posted:

I came home with the Chinese and as soon as I put it down on the dining table, she sprung out of the corner and attacked me. It genuinely surprised me and I reacted by bear hugging her to my chest.

In a rare turn of events we have footage of this happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryuW22MWnOU&t=39s