Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Olpainless posted:

Paladin, too. It's basically Call to Arms again. (In fact, it's going to make that deck even more consistent in Wild, as essentially a third copy.)

I didn't clock this, and just thinking how far the game has come that Blizzard is printing a neutral CtA (whose downside really isn't a downside in dedicated decks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tezzeract posted:

The pre-order bundles look pretty shiny to me. Worth it?

They're "good deals" in the sense that they're cheaper than just buying that many packs normally, plus all the bonuses. It's enough packs that you'll get basically every common and rare, a bunch of epics, and a handful of legendaries.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
all my life i have dreamed of having 20 mana. thank you blizzard

i'm very disappointed that drek'thar isn't in his little lovely wheelchair

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What's this Priest deck I keep running into today? It's not the Drek'Thar one but a deck that sends a lot of big taunts out.

Also there's some Warrior deck that poo poo about giant minions.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Putting aside which card might be more useful in the meta and the decks I like to play and thinking only in terms of a quixotic quest to get every version of every card despite avoiding spending money and also not playing a ton, it doesn’t matter which one I choose? I’ll eventually get both golden legendaries, one from the choice now and one from the progression track, plus the diamond one when the conflict is decided?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr Christmas posted:

Putting aside which card might be more useful in the meta and the decks I like to play and thinking only in terms of a quixotic quest to get every version of every card despite avoiding spending money and also not playing a ton, it doesn’t matter which one I choose? I’ll eventually get both golden legendaries, one from the choice now and one from the progression track, plus the diamond one when the conflict is decided?

Right. I think you only get the diamond card of the winning side if that’s the one you chose though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I closed my eyes and randomly randomly clicked. Got Vanndar. Going to have them both eventually anyway,

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

Right. I think you only get the diamond card of the winning side if that’s the one you chose though.

I think everyone gets the diamond version of the winner.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's this Priest deck I keep running into today? It's not the Drek'Thar one but a deck that sends a lot of big taunts out.

Also there's some Warrior deck that poo poo about giant minions.

Kiblers been playing a big taunt N'Zoth Priest deck for a little while, it's got Vandarr in it now too. Big Warrior has low-key been a thing since Scholomance (thanks to Commencement) but it's come back and is pretty successful in this meta. Vicious Syndicate like it better than Quest Warrior. It's been one of my favourite decks for the last year, Ive done about half my laddering with it this season.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
according to the announcement trailer, both sides get the diamond version of the winning faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0RW2ry_6Q

what's strange is that they don't really seem to do a good job clearly communicating things like this.

for example, re: the "legendary questline" you have to complete to get the golden versions, the video maybe sort of implied that you get different cards along the way?

in the video, at 03.10 the horde is talking about taking the dun baldar bridge objective card, while at 03.28 the alliance is talking about capturing snowfall graveyard objective card, which might seem to suggest that you'd get different cards along the way? i hope i'm really reading into that wrong because that just seems like it would be a very bad implementation for this mechanic where a single decision has the possibility to impact so much, without giving players enough basic info to really assess the choice they have to make right now.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Last King posted:

in the video, at 03.10 the horde is talking about taking the dun baldar bridge objective card, while at 03.28 the alliance is talking about capturing snowfall graveyard objective card, which might seem to suggest that you'd get different cards along the way? i hope i'm really reading into that wrong because that just seems like it would be a very bad implementation for this mechanic where a single decision has the possibility to impact so much, without giving players enough basic info to really assess the choice they have to make right now.

I interpreted that as just an in-character way to announce that objective cards are a thing in this set. As for the rest, I know they can't just go "yeah, we're making an event battle-pass for the next expansion", but until the expansion is out or they just say that they'll automatically give out the other legendary in January, I have to assume that's what they're going to do. Maybe something like the Ruined King battle pass in Runeterra where you got the rewards from the side you chose first and the other side's rewards second?

I don't blame them for not saying anything, because Blizzard is constantly on fire and announcing a cool new event battle pass is going to make no one happy, but I do wish there was more set in stone about this.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this deck is god-damned hilarious

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I made a taunt Nzoth shadow priest with Valanar but I'm not digging it. I don't think the loss of all the early minions is worth the occasional bonus of having the mana cost reduction.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

A pretty neat card right?

Imagine three of these being summoned at once via a Big Priest.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Blooming Brilliant posted:

A pretty neat card right?

Imagine three of these being summoned at once via a Big Priest.

could be decent in arena, 8 mana 3/5 that swallows a 2 cost pirate that's summoned from the dreadnought doesn't quite move the needle in standard I think lol

I do like that alot of the feature cards seem to be higher mana, people who love control have been crying out for help for over a year now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
"decent in arena"??? it's a freaking monster!!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

"decent in arena"??? it's a freaking monster!!!

It is an epic though

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Oh, good, they're actually releasing more spoilers. I assumed they'd do that dumb thing where they announce the expansion and then don't show anything for two weeks.

There are a few more up in the usual places, including this one :

Once again, I hope there are some new Pure Paladin cards because currently Yrel is the only one in Standard and I used to enjoy playing that archetype.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've seen a few people rave about Templar Captain elsewhere, but my brain throws it into the same pile as Troublemaker and Coilfang Warlord. As in, good Tier 3-4 deck cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kalko posted:

Oh, good, they're actually releasing more spoilers. I assumed they'd do that dumb thing where they announce the expansion and then don't show anything for two weeks.

Once again, I hope there are some new Pure Paladin cards because currently Yrel is the only one in Standard and I used to enjoy playing that archetype.
I just don't get why they print cards like this. Totally messed up vs midrange decks, terrible vs aggro and otk.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I've seen a few people rave about Templar Captain elsewhere, but my brain throws it into the same pile as Troublemaker and Coilfang Warlord. As in, good Tier 3-4 deck cards.

This seems a bit harsh on troublemaker, it's seen plenty of play

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Troublemaker is like miles better than Templar

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kalko posted:

Looking forward to this coming out of Cenarion Ward.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Druid can get up to 20 mana you say?
I mean, it seems pretty good at 10 mana, but someone will trolden it up to 20 week one.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just rode questline rogue from D10-D5. I was playing the VS list, and once I got about five games under my belt to learn it, it felt very strong. Just sweeping druids off the board, outpacing hunters, and breaking even against pirate warrior (rancor is a problem though). Didn't see many warlocks at all, and lost hard to a post-nerf mage.

Fun deck, recommended.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcbexx posted:

Druid can get up to 20 mana you say?
I mean, it seems pretty good at 10 mana, but someone will trolden it up to 20 week one.

Can’t wait for the Trolden of it hitting taunt 10 times in a row. Assuming it can roll the same keyword twice. If it can’t then it’s bonkers good.

EDIT: Apparently it’s confirmed they won’t repeat, so yeah. Playing this is on 10 mana will most likely be a 13/13 Rush, Divine Shield, Taunt. On 20 mana it’d be a 33/33 :shepface:

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 18, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I assume it can't roll the same keyword twice. Assuming it hits everything for 7 mana it's a 7/7 rush divine shield taunt which isn't completely insane. At 20 it's a 33/33 which is, well, basically in line with the ancient one.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
And then you drop the abomination just revealed and it eats the big tree up :getin:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And then you drop the abomination just revealed and it eats the big tree up :getin:

It will obviously eat the silver hand recruit next to it.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

It is an epic though

Also doesn't have a tribe so it shouldn't be getting discovered constantly like Goliath and the big dragons.

It's gonna be nasty when it does show up though.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Freeze Warrior, anyone?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
that’s a weird freeze shaman card

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I could see a "discover a Freeze spell/card" effect for Shaman that would get a lot of mileage

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean what does shaman even have for that in standard right now?

I'm predicting big cards like templar captain won't work if they don't synergize with quests.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neutral Defile with a minion attached seems pretty good

Also

Not sure what to think about this one

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

It's a weird time to look at this card and think "I dunno, it might be too slow for Wild Even/Hand Lock?" Side note Even/Hand Lock is currently very disgusting in Wild :v:

In Standard I think some form of Warlock deck will run it.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Might be relevant in decks using Vanndar, if that ever happens. Seems like bigger decks are a possibility.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

RatHat posted:

A (much) worse version of Illidari Inquisitor!

man i'm going to miss that card :( had some good times with it over the last few months

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Starsfan posted:

A (much) worse version of Illidari Inquisitor!

man i'm going to miss that card :( had some good times with it over the last few months

Got some good news for you friend! Wild exists and is super fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

this deck is god-damned hilarious

I tried this out and omg does it spiral out of control. I want to try to work in rally because that would make it real good.