Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

paranoid randroid posted:

orange slices and capri sun for everyone

Clementines for me, pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You won't see people genuinely defending Rittenhouse as person or the specific and inevitable not-guilty verdict. You will see leftists being contrarian toward liberal orthodoxy and you will see lots of liberal pearl clutching. But I suggest you just probate and laugh at the liberals, and have a rousing discussion about theory of state and the need for an armed vanguard to follow the current kabuki laws.

Cspam probably does need a dedicated self defense thread. It's amazing that the idea of using violence to protect yourself and community has been coopted as a purely right wing thing. (This isn't just about guns, but disruptive and violent resistance in
general). And just lol at everyone pointing out how the black panthers and other leftists got killed. "Whoops we lost that battle. Might as well never try or fight back again ". Like what's the alternative? Vote? Non violent protests in the hope they'll feel bad about killing and arresting you?

If the state has a monopoly on violence, and is against you to the point your voice and vote don't matter, and if you aren't willing to seize the means of violence, then you might as well give up.
People who are governed by a society have the right to participate in it. When black people were being denied the right to vote, and the government refused to do its duty to fix it, the Black Panthers were right to show up at poling stations with guns. The fact they were all assassinated later doesn't change that.
Anyway I guess this is a derail since Rittenhouse didn't act in self defense.

WorldsStongestNerd has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Nov 18, 2021

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah just want the teams made clear. It's okay to kill teens at chop because the killers were in favor of defunding the police?
well I think on the one side you've got the "team" that when they commit murder or do a "self-defense" after putting themselves in harm's way and starting poo poo, they get a pat on the back, favorable press, a million-dollar "legal defense fund", and a judge to go to bat for them and probably overturn the verdict if somehow the jury still finds them guilty of anything

and then on the other side you've got the team where the sheriff and us marshals just show up to their house and murder them, and don't even bother with a trial

so in that context I can't say that I find it reasonable to hold the latter to a higher standard of conduct as you're doing i.e. you must look at the evidence dispassionately, you must reach an objective finding of fact, you must judge the person based on those facts and the letter of the law, etc. as you're well aware, the other side isn't doing that: they don't give a poo poo what actually happened or what the law said and they will defend rittenhouse no matter what. (and when I say "as you're well aware" to be clear I mean that you know personally as you are on that other side.) that's because they got the memo: basically the state has already implicitly endorsed or is at least tolerating political violence, and when that happens doing the "when they go low we go high" loving thing is literally asking your people to not only get themselves killed, but accept that when they do it you will disavow them if the ruling class' organs of power i.e. the state and the media and so on, paint them in an unfavorable light - which of course they will always do and they will do it regardless of whether they were perpetrator cold-blooded antifa killing machine or victim rioter/looter

you want different rules for either side, to legitimize right-wing violence against leftists, whether it be in the form of reactionaries going out and looking for leftists to murder, or the state going out and looking for leftists to murder after they defend themselves from reactionaries going out and looking for leftists to murder. as a leftist obviously I'm going to tell you to go gently caress yourself

that said chad doesn't figure in to this because those kids were just dumb kids and also kids. that wasn't political violence and as such the perpetrators can eat poo poo as far as I'm concerned. I won't defend them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Cspam probably does need a dedicated self defense thread. It's amazing that the idea of using violence to protect yourself and community has been coopted as a purely right wing thing. (This isn't just about guns, but disruptive and violent resistance in
general). And just lol at everyone pointing out how the black panthers and other leftists got killed. "Whoops we lost that battle. Might as well never try or fight back again ". Like what's the alternative? Vote? Non violent protests in the hope they'll feel bad about killing and arresting you?

If the state has a monopoly on violence, and is against you to the point your voice and vote don't matter, and if you aren't willing to seize the means of violence, then you might as well give up. Anyway I guess this is a derail since Rittenhouse didn't act in self defense.

Step one of self defense: if someone is running at you you can shoot and kill them and get a not guilty if it goes to trial

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the cool zone had a lot of insanely funny ppl rping devil may care gunslinging badasses and theyd get super pissed if u raised an eyebrow let alone a lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

well I think on the one side you've got the "team" that when they commit murder or do a "self-defense" after putting themselves in harm's way and starting poo poo, they get a pat on the back, favorable press, a million-dollar "legal defense fund", and a judge to go to bat for them and probably overturn the verdict if somehow the jury still finds them guilty of anything

and then on the other side you've got the team where the sheriff and us marshals just show up to their house and murder them, and don't even bother with a trial

so in that context I can't say that I find it reasonable to hold the latter to a higher standard of conduct as you're doing i.e. you must look at the evidence dispassionately, you must reach an objective finding of fact, you must judge the person based on those facts and the letter of the law, etc. as you're well aware, the other side isn't doing that: they don't give a poo poo what actually happened or what the law said and they will defend rittenhouse no matter what. (and when I say "as you're well aware" to be clear I mean that you know personally as you are on that other side.) that's because they got the memo: basically the state has already implicitly endorsed or is at least tolerating political violence, and when that happens doing the "when they go low we go high" loving thing is literally asking your people to not only get themselves killed, but accept that when they do it you will disavow them if the ruling class' organs of power i.e. the state and the media and so on, paint them in an unfavorable light - which of course they will always do and they will do it regardless of whether they were perpetrator cold-blooded antifa killing machine or victim rioter/looter

you want different rules for either side, to legitimize right-wing violence against leftists, whether it be in the form of reactionaries going out and looking for leftists to murder, or the state going out and looking for leftists to murder after they defend themselves from reactionaries going out and looking for leftists to murder. as a leftist obviously I'm going to tell you to go gently caress yourself

that said chad doesn't figure in to this because those kids were just dumb kids and also kids. that wasn't political violence and as such the perpetrators can eat poo poo as far as I'm concerned. I won't defend them
Yeah I'm frankly way more interested in the arbery trial because I'm pretty unsure how it's going to go down. The teams are the same, it's kind of similar in the "oh no he's going for my gun and (about to for ritt) hitting me" but the instigation is on video being completely different

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Step one of self defense: if someone is running at you you can shoot and kill them and get a not guilty if it goes to trial

Hmm. That doesn't seem right?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Azathoth posted:

the only thing about chop that wasn't funny was when their security murdered those two kids

I thought they murdered one and seriously wounded the second. Did he later die from his injuries?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I'm frankly way more interested in the arbery trial because I'm pretty unsure how it's going to go down. The teams are the same, it's kind of similar in the "oh no he's going for my gun and (about to for ritt) hitting me" but the instigation is on video being completely different
go gently caress yourself

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

the cool zone had a lot of insanely funny ppl rping devil may care gunslinging badasses and theyd get super pissed if u raised an eyebrow let alone a lol

To be fair that one guy absolutely proved me wrong when I said he wasn't gonna do poo poo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

go gently caress yourself

Do you think the two verdicts will be the same

I naively believe they will be different (ritt walks , other guys don't)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i rember i was readng some conversation where they were talking about how to defend from an epic chud barreling down at u and ur protest group in an suv. one dude was like "firstly, use paintballs to blind the driver, then, when they approach, move the women and children aside and deploy caltrops. lol if you dont bring caltrops to all your protests. then, once the car is disabled, throw spark plug fragments at the window to shatter it gain manual access to the means to vehicle control" and poo poo like that. it was awesome.

personally i rather sit in a lawn chair and drink 10 beers.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1461146566635540482?s=20

Matt Gaetz is going to adopt Rittenhouse as his new son

Wasn't this guy literally doing Epstein poo poo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

To be fair that one guy absolutely proved me wrong when I said he wasn't gonna do poo poo

ya a real departure from the norm

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

He was allegedly involved with underaged girls and had an abysmal interview with Tucker Carlson when he tried to bring up some woman that Tucker was pretending to not remember.

Nobody cares now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He was allegedly involved with underaged girls and had an abysmal interview with Tucker Carlson when he tried to bring up some woman that Tucker was pretending to not remember.

Nobody cares now.

lol yea i remember that. he had like some bro he was rolling with and theyd go out and bang 17 year old girls or some poo poo at spring break or something and lol about how lit it was like it was no big deal. turns out they were right. drat thats crazy

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

this molester

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I'm actually amazed Gaetz is still a Congressman it seemed like they had so much loving poo poo on him, like didn't the girls pay him using publicly accessible CashApp transactions? didn't hit partner in crime Greenberg get arrested for the exact same poo poo already and is currently turning over mountains of evidence to prosecutors? how the gently caress is he still out there???

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

are crabs still funny? if so, when the dsa rolls out its community defense training initiative they should call it crab maga

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Smythe posted:

i rember i was readng some conversation where they were talking about how to defend from an epic chud barreling down at u and ur protest group in an suv. one dude was like "firstly, use paintballs to blind the driver, then, when they approach, move the women and children aside and deploy caltrops. lol if you dont bring caltrops to all your protests. then, once the car is disabled, throw spark plug fragments at the window to shatter it gain manual access to the means to vehicle control" and poo poo like that. it was awesome.

personally i rather sit in a lawn chair and drink 10 beers.

i would simply fortify the postition with tank traps and mines and then call in a fire mission from antifa close air support a-10 warthogs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

He denies that no photos exist of him with child prostitutes
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1377060046509604864?s=20

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Private Cumshoe posted:

did nikolas cruz blubber like an idiot when he said the devil's weed made him do it

Nah he is too much of an ice cold psychopath, plead to 34 counts like he was ordering pizza.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gaetzs face is so god drat weird. like someone melted a bootleg bruce campbell action figure over a hot lightbulb

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

JAMOOOL posted:

I'm actually amazed Gaetz is still a Congressman it seemed like they had so much loving poo poo on him, like didn't the girls pay him using publicly accessible CashApp transactions? didn't hit partner in crime Greenberg get arrested for the exact same poo poo already and is currently turning over mountains of evidence to prosecutors? how the gently caress is he still out there???

The whole conspiracy thing of American politicians being pedos is true. The Satantic stuff is false, but they're mostly rich fucks that are mad in power and money that they just do coke and child prostitutes.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
btw while its true that C-Spam probably has a little bias in who should carry and who shouldn't the fact of the matter is having a concealed pistol just in case is a much different scenario than having a loving deer rifle strapped to your body which will fundamentally change the dynamic of every interaction you have that night

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

gaetzs face is so god drat weird. like someone melted a bootleg bruce campbell action figure over a hot lightbulb

Live-action Butt-Head

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

he's also Beavis at the same time, it's weird. its like those "what would Homer Simpson look like in real life" 3-D models but maybe 15% less freaky

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
most guns just end up killing urself or a loved one. see: somethingawful.com founder

no guns for me. thnx

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JAMOOOL posted:

No one in congress wants to set a precedent of arresting members of congress for banging child prostitutes for what should be obvious reasons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i would simply fortify the postition with tank traps and mines and then call in a fire mission from antifa close air support a-10 warthogs

smart

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Smythe posted:

most guns just end up killing urself or a loved one. see: somethingawful.com founder

no guns for me. thnx

you didn't love him
lowtax wasn't even that tall

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
forum w/ mental health resources stickied at the top: everyone go get a gun

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

you didn't love him
lowtax wasn't even that tall

agg

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

who would win at high noon; cryin' Kyle or the Tiny Toe shooter

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1377376657594458115?s=20
https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1273694781097598977?s=20

I believe Rittenhouse is guilty, but I oppose sending him to be trafficked by Gaetz.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hey everyone,

just hopping into this thread to let you know that the McRib is back at McDonalds for a limited time only.

fun fact: it's the 40th anniversary of the McRib!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hahahahahaha

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

counterpoint: the people rising up and seizing the means of production would solve a majority of mental health issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Smythe posted:

my mental health would arguably improve if all capitalists and nazis were killed via gun