Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Hizawk posted:

Stafford would have the Lions at .500.

Jalen Hurts
Tua

Could probably get them a game below .500.

Goff is out of this world bad.

Outside of two defensive collapses, the Lions defense has been... kinda aggressively Mediocre.

The funny part is the Rams were 7-3 at this point last year with Goff, same as now with Stafford. Stafford has looked bad the last couple weeks, at some points laughable. Seeing the the Rams Dream Team lose has been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Who is the best player since Megatron to have their career wasted by the Detroit Football Lions

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Huh looks like there used to be code that appears to wordfilter noted cheater Tom Brady to noted tiny dick haver Brett Favre

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

code:
function convert_idiocy($text) {
        $dumbwords = array('Tom Brady');
        foreach($dumbwords as $dumbword) $garbage_in[] = "/\b{$dumbword}\b/i";
        $garbage_out = array('Brett Favre');
        return preg_replace($garbage_in, $garbage_out, $text);
}			

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

The funny part is the Rams were 7-3 at this point last year with Goff, same as now with Stafford. Stafford has looked bad the last couple weeks, at some points laughable. Seeing the the Rams Dream Team lose has been great.

This is at least incredibly consistent in that a game where Stafford had receivers literally tossing the ball to DBs for pick 6s and then dropping the ball on like five consecutive thirds down and the defense couldn't stop the run, ever, is exactly the kind of game that made people say Stafford was bad on the Lions.

All the people you could choose to be bitter at in the grand history of the Lions and you've chosen the guy who played every snap he could with a broken back. It'd be incredible if it weren't so very loving sad.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 17, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I saw Stanford’s picks and they were mostly him sailing passes over receivers heads.

I dunno what’s wrong with him but it’s something

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers legend Tim Boyle

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1461014822699642880

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I desperately hope they win the first time Goff is out. I think it'd be quite funny if Goff goes winless without McVey.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Trade Andy to Detroit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HootTheOwl posted:

Trade Andy to Detroit

Goff for Andy straight up who says no.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

MJeff posted:

This is at least incredibly consistent in that a game where Stafford had receivers literally tossing the ball to DBs for pick 6s and then dropping the ball on like five consecutive thirds down and the defense couldn't stop the run, ever, is exactly the kind of game that made people say Stafford was bad on the Lions.

All the people you could choose to be bitter at in the grand history of the Lions and you've chosen the guy who played every snap he could with a broken back. It'd be incredible if it weren't so very loving sad.

Wow I thought Stafford got every excuse in the world with the Lions, now he's on the Rams and people still making excuses for him. LOL you gonna blame poo poo like this on the rest of the Rams? The same Rams that is one of the most stacked teams in terms of talent and with a genius head coach?

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1457530074987569155

Did the DBs make Stafford do that? Is his back broke again? I like Stafford, but I'm not anointing him as MVP like so many others were doing early in the year. Or think he was a god QB if only but the poor Detroit. He doesn't "deserve" a ring anymore than any other QB who played his heart out for their team or became the highest paid player in the league. One of the reasons the Lions didn't put a better team around guys like Stafford, Megatron, and Suh is because they took up so much cap space. They were paid VERY well for their services. And in the end he left them to go somewhere else.

More so I just don't like the Rams. I don't like them trying to do what the NBA does. I don't like that the NFL is propping them up as the next marquee team in an "emerging market", that their owner fleeced St. Louis to put a second team in glitzy LA at their shiny stadium which will host the Super Bowl. That suddenly they get all these primetime games. They are going to be West Coast Dallas Cowboys if the league has any say. gently caress them.

Lastly, as someone who would like to see the Lions do well, I don't want the Rams to win because we have their 1st round draft pick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

I like Stafford,

lmao

Simply, laughing my rear end off.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings 33
Packers 31

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

MJeff posted:

Goff for Andy straight up who says no.

The Bears say no to Goff's stupid large contract. The best thing about Dalton is that his money comes off the books after this season. Taking on Goff's doom anchor of a contract would be cap suicide.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

An Alderman has proposed that the city should buy the Bears and sell shares to fans to keep them in Chicago.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SirPablo posted:

Vikings -3
Packers 31

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

An Alderman has proposed that the city should buy the Bears and sell shares to fans to keep them in Chicago.

I'm all for the buying part, not so much the shares thing, unless it's actual true ownership share of the team.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Rodgers and Kirk going to make this a mass spreader event.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

SirPablo posted:

Vikings 33
Packers 31

number of covid cases on each roster?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Vando posted:

number of covid cases on each roster?

Obesity rate
Minnesota 31
Wisconsin 32

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

R.D. Mangles posted:

Go for it, but also there should shareholder meetings and actual trading of stocks instead of a $300 Packers Diploma.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

It a good idea. Then the team can be banned from playing games, fire everyone, and the team put out of it's misery after we trade fields and Mack to a contender

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

It a good idea. Then the team can be banned from playing games, fire everyone, and the team put out of it's misery after we trade fields and Mack to a contender

Bears fans conducting a hostile takeover and trading Fields immediately, who then goes on to be the greatest quarterback in NFL history, is the most Bears outcome.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Styles Bitchley posted:

More so I just don't like the Rams. I don't like them trying to do what the NBA does. I don't like that the NFL is propping them up as the next marquee team in an "emerging market", that their owner fleeced St. Louis to put a second team in glitzy LA at their shiny stadium which will host the Super Bowl. That suddenly they get all these primetime games. They are going to be West Coast Dallas Cowboys if the league has any say. gently caress them.

Lastly, as someone who would like to see the Lions do well, I don't want the Rams to win because we have their 1st round draft pick.

Yes, to all of this.

The lawsuit from St. Louis is really going well, and watching the league contort itself around Jerry Jones' horrendous business skills is also really funny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fire his rear end
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1461321798985863170?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Won't someone think of the children! I say as I give my opponent permanent brain damage.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Yes, to all of this.

The lawsuit from St. Louis is really going well, and watching the league contort itself around Jerry Jones' horrendous business skills is also really funny.

I hate jerry as much as any other long term cowboys fan but he seems quite good at making money

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lol no comment on the ref then taunting when he tossed the flag

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aaron Rodgers missed practice because of a toe issue, I didn't read further, I assume he is finally becoming more clay than man, starting with his toes.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Another case of covid toes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

brugroffil posted:

The old Lowtax slippery toe disease finally getting some actual coverage by the lamestream media

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He's becoming the golem

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

brugroffil posted:

Given he was being super cagey about what the injury was and when he got it, this is definitely the case.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

In related news.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1461349860876034055

There was also an article about the "illegal block" that Corrente hosed up too. Little surprised to see this coverage from an NFL partner.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-block-penalty/

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Has anyone said No Fun League yet

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Non Fungible League

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I hate jerry as much as any other long term cowboys fan but he seems quite good at making money

Jerry led the plan for the Rams stadium in LA because he was getting to run the concessions, despite the questionable legality of the plan.

Now that Kroenke is being successfully sued by St. Louis, Jerry is trying to say that it wasn't his plan, it was the whole league's plan, so all the owners should pay for it.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Styles Bitchley posted:

. He doesn't "deserve" a ring anymore than any other QB who played his heart out for their team.

Counter point all the QBs that have slaved away on bad teams absolutely 100% deserve a ring. As well as the countless other great who did the same. Eg Joe Thomas.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Jerry led the plan for the Rams stadium in LA because he was getting to run the concessions, despite the questionable legality of the plan.

Now that Kroenke is being successfully sued by St. Louis, Jerry is trying to say that it wasn't his plan, it was the whole league's plan, so all the owners should pay for it.

Haha ah gotcha. Jerry gonna jerry

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I did a shirt and not a jersey, but I am 100% ready for the next time the Packers visit Arizona:

(it has the Packers logo on the front)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

They did a lovely job making their Q. It looks too much like an O.