Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pilchenstein posted:

This seems wildly optimistic tbh, an absolutely batshit "the queen died of trans rights" take is well within their remit.

They'll find a way to blame both "too many drat genders" and Jermoy Crobnik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/amandadeibert/status/1460808120884600836?s=21

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Why is the old upsettingly rich old white British lady a trans right icon/pariah?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"My daughter’s school made a fundraiser specifically for people like me, and I’m thankful."

https://twitter.com/DrChaeEd/status/1460793870304911360?s=20

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I have to have my tools

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Warbird posted:

Why is the old upsettingly rich old white British lady a trans right icon/pariah?
I think it's just a perfect Twitter train crash intersection of things like she's a rich old English lady and royals were the first they/them.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
NPR will also be unlistenable as the breathlessly cover the death of a monarch from some obscure island country

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

We may just kind of gloss over it when one of these tinpot leaders of an an obscure island dies but we should still just be glad a monarch is dead. Here’s hoping it’s not long

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also Piers Morgan will feature prominently.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Mauser posted:

NPR will also be unlistenable as the breathlessly cover the death of a monarch from some obscure island country

It should happen during their spring pledge drive so it's even more unlistenable.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

freeedr posted:

We may just kind of gloss over it when one of these tinpot leaders of an an obscure island dies but we should still just be glad a monarch is dead. Here’s hoping it’s not long
She actually died weeks ago and they're just hiding her corpse until the government needs to drum up support for a war with France.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

It should happen during their spring pledge drive so it's even more unlistenable.

"You get all your news from NPR so if you don't donate to us it's like stealing."

https://twitter.com/JuliotheArtist/status/1461319820243316741

These are neat, I love paleoart

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Nov 18, 2021

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Warbird posted:

It has less to do with her specifically than just 1) royalty and aristocracy is a revolting concept 2) it's TERF Island, after all, and she's the head of state

Or was, because she's totally dead

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

zoux posted:

"You get all your news from NPR so if you don't donate to us it's like stealing."

One of the things I love most about shunning NPR is the freedom from pledge drives. :cheersdoge:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I could feasibly bring myself to believe this:

https://twitter.com/BeffernieBlack/status/1461264165704810497

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
George V was helped along with morphine so that his death would make the newspaper printing deadline.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

The good newspapers. Not the evening gutter trash, but the respectable morning broadsheets.

This country has been deeply unwell for quite a while.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Announce it the morning of January 1st when people will be reluctant to go out partying again.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
It's going to be a big deal because there's a non-zero chance that it will seal the death of the Commonwealth. Brenda has been in long enough that people still have a sentimental attachment to their granddaddy's monarch and nobody really wants to boot her out that badly, but Charles is wildly unpopular.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought they were skipping Charles

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Flint_Paper posted:

The good newspapers. Not the evening gutter trash, but the respectable morning broadsheets.

This country has been deeply unwell for quite a while.

Been downhill since the Romans left imo

Gauls? Was that France?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

zoux posted:

A lot of people hoped that, but it's a fantasy, not how the succession works. Anyway, Scotland, Northern Island, and Wales want to be EU members anyway; the sentimental excuse "But the Queen" will vanish in the (absence of a) heartbeat.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Platystemon posted:

George V was helped along with morphine so that his death would make the newspaper printing deadline.

Even better, he got cocaine and morphine. Died the same way as John Belushi.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

zoux posted:

It'd be the cowards' way out, imo. You want hereditary monarchy, you get hereditary monarchy.

Also, rubbish as Charles obviously is, we've still had worse. Not within living memory, I'll grant you, but monarchists love a bit of history.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A lot of people hoped that, but it's a fantasy, not how the succession works. Anyway, Scotland, Northern Island, and Wales want to be EU members anyway; the sentimental excuse "But the Queen" will vanish in the (absence of a) heartbeat.

Succession works however people decide it works. England's monarchy is a cultural thing now so they should go with the guy everyone likes and not the guy everyone hates.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
A few pages ago but…what kind of onanism isn’t, well, furtive?

Certain fetishes/kinks aside.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Flint_Paper posted:

dialhforhero posted:

Certain fetishes/kinks aside.

Onan himself was coupling with his brother’s widow. His sin was pulling out.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

zoux posted:

Succession works however people decide it works. England's monarchy is a cultural thing now so they should go with the guy everyone likes and not the guy everyone hates.
I think Charlie could gently caress it all off and go live in the woods and then his kid would get the strength of the bear and the eyes of the hawk or whatever it is that makes you monarch but he won't because this is his birthright and he's not giving that up, even if the entire nation is going to call him a oval office 25 hours a day, 8 days a week until he's dead.

What I love most about the pure coruscating hatred for that dipshit is it's mostly a creation of the tabloid press for his mistreatment of Lady Diana: Queen of All Our Hearts, because they needed to distract from the fact that she died trying to escape from the paparazzi :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

zoux posted:

How do we really know who everyone likes? Maybe they should put it to a vote.

Wrong order. Everyone knows the Chad is over on the right.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Onan himself was coupling with his brother’s widow. His sin was pulling out.

Look at the honkers on those gents

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pilchenstein posted:

I think Charlie could gently caress it all off and go live in the woods and then his kid would get the strength of the bear and the eyes of the hawk or whatever it is that makes you monarch but he won't because this is his birthright and he's not giving that up, even if the entire nation is going to call him a oval office 25 hours a day, 8 days a week until he's dead.

What I love most about the pure coruscating hatred for that dipshit is it's mostly a creation of the tabloid press for his mistreatment of Lady Diana: Queen of All Our Hearts, because they needed to distract from the fact that she died trying to escape from the paparazzi :allears:

Thing about Charles is that he doesn't have any virtues to offset his deficits. He's a whiner, he cheated on the Goddess of Spring, and he tries to meddle with the government. At least William is (still) good-looking. But nobody thinks Charles has sacrificed for the country, or served the country, or done anything but hang around and be rich. The Queen still has the wartime mythos, plus having succeeded so long ago that only the oldest even remember another monarch.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jollity Farm posted:

It'd be the cowards' way out, imo. You want hereditary monarchy, you get hereditary monarchy.

Also, rubbish as Charles obviously is, we've still had worse. Not within living memory, I'll grant you, but monarchists love a bit of history.

They’re going to hide her death until they can arrange for his

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

How do we really know who everyone likes? Maybe they should put it to a vote.

You don't vote for kings!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You'd think she'd been around long enough to unlock Crown Authority 4 and be able to name her own heir. Maybe try the debug console.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Have all the heirs work it out amongst themselves through single combat. That's how I got my dad's Beanie Baby collection.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea people tend to conflate 'MJ is a gambling addict', a true fact, and 'MJ was also a pretty bad gambler', another true fact, with 'so obviously he was broke' which is what happens when NORMAL people are those things. MJ and Barkley are two of the NBA's most famous 'oh you have an actual addiction to gambling and you're also kinda bad at it, that's no good!' cases of their time and they're both incredibly rich and successful regardless. The idea that either of them would actually take an L just to win money they didn't need is silly.

But they would to win a bet. Problem gambling does not really hinge on if they have the money to lose. Problem gambling is when gambling dominates their life in an unhealthy way.

You could be a billionaire but if you're betting every single day then you have a problem and are susceptible to doing bad things to satisfy your habit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

dialhforhero posted:

Diogenes's

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

zoux posted:

You don't vote for kings!

Magna Carta: Endgame
Coming Summer 2022

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Aramoro posted:

But they would to win a bet. Problem gambling does not really hinge on if they have the money to lose. Problem gambling is when gambling dominates their life in an unhealthy way.

You could be a billionaire but if you're betting every single day then you have a problem and are susceptible to doing bad things to satisfy your habit.

Jordan makes so much money off of Air Jordan royalties that he effectively can't gamble away all his money because there's no one around to call his bets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/larryolivetree/status/1461116061445672967?s=21

Mmm pay my neg balance rear end, daddy