Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Look at all those happy Nurglings.

So this does mean we still have one LL currently unaccounted for.

Not exactly surprising to people, question now is whether it's Bel'akor or a wild card like Nagash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

They seriously have raised the bar with every new announce trailer.

I'm hoping for at least one more CGI one, those have been so good

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It must be extremely frustrating to be a chaos worshipper when your demon overlords speak to you with almost unintelligible voices.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Randarkman posted:

Who's plague Jabba with the tentacle hair?

It's a Beast of Nurgle, a big slug monster with the temperament and intelligence of a playful, excitable puppy.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It does look like it's about to give someone a big hug.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Ku'gath took to the field on top of a mobile lab carried by Nurglings. Part of why a model for him was never produced, simply too big for what materials could do at the time.

poo poo, I was wrong. Nurgle has two characters his children carry around. Makes sense cuz he is the nicest chaos god.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

poo poo, I was wrong. Nurgle has two characters his children carry around. Makes sense cuz he is the nicest chaos god.

Nurgle loves all lifeforms equally.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what's the deal in Fantasy, was Slaanesh created by the elves sucking & loving too much like in 40k or what? Because unlike the Eldar, the various flavours of elf don't seem particularly diminished.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Look at all those happy Nurglings.

So this does mean we still have one LL currently unaccounted for.

Not exactly surprising to people, question now is whether it's Bel'akor or a wild card like Nagash?

I thought they said it wouldn't be a new faction type so something like Nagash seems out. Bel'akor as a new lord for the reimagined warriors of chaos might make sense.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mordja posted:

So what's the deal in Fantasy, was Slaanesh created by the elves sucking & loving too much like in 40k or what? Because unlike the Eldar, the various flavours of elf don't seem particularly diminished.

No. Slaanesh is still said to be the youngest of the Chaos Gods, but she’s portrayed as being around since forever. Slaanesh likes to seek out elf prey but wasn’t necessarily their nemesis. I think in later High Elf books, they started emphasizing the need for elves to safeguard their souls from Slaanesh like they do in 40K, and then the End Times and Age of Sigmar happened and revealed that nearly every elf soul was eaten by Slaanesh. The new Aelven gods then started the long process of freeing them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mordja posted:

As I understand it Slaanesh feeds off (and inflames) all manner of desire. The urge to be the best leads to undermining all your rivals. The love of wine leads to seeking all manner of new liquors.
It's basically all of humanity's best traits, warped and turned back on themselves.
Mengele might be a good example of a Slaneeshi.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 18, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Love the Tyranid-looking landscape when our protagonist is hallucinating about Nurgle. Hope that's what Nurgle corruption looks like in-game!

Ethiser posted:

It must be extremely frustrating to be a chaos worshipper when your demon overlords speak to you with almost unintelligible voices.

it's OK, you've got plenty of time to parse it out as you trudge interminably through some boring ruins.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonna be running Nurgling-only armies, love those little guys

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

We're getting campaign mechanics for Nurgle tomorrow.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Is that guy with the book supposed to be anyone? I like the Diablo 2 vibes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Impermanent posted:

Is that guy with the book supposed to be anyone? I like the Diablo 2 vibes
It's the advisor from the other games

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Looking forward in the new (Im)mortal Empires mode to Skrolk being all cute and full of praise towards Nurgle sempai :allears:

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Oh, sure, Kugath gets carried around on a palanquin by his minions but Greasus has to make do with a wheelbarrow :colbert:

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Mordja posted:

It's the advisor from the other games

ah, medivh,

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Grumio posted:

Oh, sure, Kugath gets carried around on a palanquin by his minions but Greasus has to make do with a wheelbarrow :colbert:

Animators showing major bias towards nurglings.

As they should.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ever seen or played the delightfully weird and gross endgame section of Inside? That’s how I pictured Greasus ideal charging animation before the wheelbarrow reveal.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Impermanent posted:

ah, medivh,

significantly less obnoxious than medivh.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slaneesh has some fantastic aesthetics going on, I'm so glad they're going in the right direction.

Being a champion of slaneesh or nurgle seems to be fun as hell. Be a fat rotting pile of disease or a one titty handsome squidward? Hell yeah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
CA's cutscene game is on point.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mans posted:

Slaneesh has some fantastic aesthetics going on, I'm so glad they're going in the right direction.

Being a champion of slaneesh or nurgle seems to be fun as hell. Be a fat rotting pile of disease or a one titty handsome squidward? Hell yeah

Most definitely. Khorne guys eventually become too pissed to enjoy being badasses, and even if you’re the smartest, most powerful Tzeentch champion ever, there’s a good chance your boss is planning to have you humiliatingly murked for his own inscrutable reason.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

Most definitely. Khorne guys eventually become too pissed to enjoy being badasses, and even if you’re the smartest, most powerful Tzeentch champion ever, there’s a good chance your boss is planning to have you humiliatingly murked for his own inscrutable reason.

Or you can be a dog-brained chump that has Tzeentch intervening on your behalf for equally inscrutable reasons

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Slaanesh also sucks, because you’d always be driven to be *perfect* which just seems very anxiety-inducing. Papa Nurgle just lets you be yourself!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

orangelex44 posted:

Slaanesh also sucks, because you’d always be driven to be *perfect* which just seems very anxiety-inducing. Papa Nurgle just lets you be yourself*!

*and about a million other selves in, on, and around you!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

orangelex44 posted:

Slaanesh also sucks, because you’d always be driven to be *perfect* which just seems very anxiety-inducing. Papa Nurgle just lets you be yourself!

So don’t bathe, don’t change your underwear, Nurgle loves you exactly how you are

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orangelex44 posted:

Well that, and its Slaanesh's game to so completely over-stimulate you that you just turn into a burnt-out husk, similar to late-stage addicts. Completely unable to stop, but deriving zero enjoyment.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orangelex44 posted:

Slaanesh also sucks, because you’d always be driven to be *perfect* which just seems very anxiety-inducing.

Ah, so me during a job interview.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I'm beginning to think that the primary antagonists of the entire universe might be unpleasant fellows.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Acute Grill posted:

I'm beginning to think that the primary antagonists of the entire universe might be unpleasant fellows.

Wait till you hear about the darkest chaos god of all, Nuffle.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Acute Grill posted:

"nasty little guys"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Triskelli posted:

So don’t bathe, don’t change your underwear, Nurgle loves you exactly how you are

Also be depressed and pull others down into the same depression pit.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

You can't be depressed and worship Nurgle.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Acute Grill posted:

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Triskelli posted:

I've never made the connection of Nurgle being the ultimate enabler before and now I feel very stupid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Randarkman posted:

You can't be depressed and worship Nurgle.

Nurgle's entire thing is despair and joyless mirth. Most of his worshippers tend to be nihilists who have given up on anything being better, and just want to drag everyone around them into the same abyss of despair. They turn to Nurgle so they don't suffer as much.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Is there any chance we will be able to buff our Nurglings with various hats? I would like a Nurgling LL that has a hat mechanic where you need to raze each faction capital and steal their hats, unlocking RR's of Nurglins' in said hats each time you do.