Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Memento posted:

niche meme snype

This is from pages beyond but I didn't needed to be personally attacked like this. It was literally 13 years ago, dude t:mad:t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Fukken geochemistry snipe

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

"Do I look like I know what a bitcoin is?"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That's my NFT and I don't know you!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Hello. I bring inscrutability and pixels.

"When Anna announces that he's a man and that he wants to keep the palindrome in his name"

"He's turned into a bit of an Otto

but I respect him"

while Otto is just a name, "being an Otto" roughly translates to being a bit thick, and it's from this legendary video of someone having a monologue about whether there's still speed and who took the rest of it

The joke is in the recontextualisation.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Who’s the gooey little black spider dude I’ve been seeing some places?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Data Graham posted:

Mouse avatar? :monocle:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Please explain the joke some more

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Who’s the gooey little black spider dude I’ve been seeing some places?

From the new Dune movie

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i swear when i was a kid he was called Thomas the Tank Engine but nowadays i only see people calling him Thomas the Train

is this another Berenstain/Berenstein thing

no, i don't know why all Berenstain Bears memes are so tiny either.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Chloe Jessica posted:

i swear when i was a kid he was called Thomas the Tank Engine but nowadays i only see people calling him Thomas the Train

is this another Berenstain/Berenstein thing

oh hey an excuse to post this

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chloe Jessica posted:

I'm reasonably sure these are from old Photoshop Phridays on this very forum from around 2002-4 or so. No lie. The "kicked in the dick" one was absolutely one I read and laughed a lot over way back then. Thus the small images. 56k warning and all that.

E \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ -- I assumed it was that, plus it's the cheapest poo poo they can afford that looks nice while fitting the "industrial-gentrification" aesthetic they go for.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Nov 18, 2021

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

so I've often wondered if this aesthetic, specifically the stools too tall to sit on comfortably and tables that you couldn't sit at anyway because it's just a barrel, is actually an intentional thing to make sure the people there are actually there to drink and not to just sit around and chat in comfort. Maybe some bar worker/owning goon could confirm for me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bike tory posted:

so I've often wondered if this aesthetic, specifically the stools too tall to sit on comfortably and tables that you couldn't sit at anyway because it's just a barrel, is actually an intentional thing to make sure the people there are actually there to drink and not to just sit around and chat in comfort. Maybe some bar worker/owning goon could confirm for me.

Yeah, it's basically hostile architecture.

Punk / dive bars have used similar stuff forever because you either need to be on your feet for the act, or drinking quickly. Someone who is cozy will nurse a beer and start thinking about ordering food or some bullshit with way less markup than pouring a beer.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the name is wrong and the author is a different person

what is going on

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

bike tory posted:

Those places also never have anything past water for people that don't drink and are just their with friends. It's annoying.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zokari posted:

what is going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Fq7jQaKVM

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

its different from the real people smartass

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kdrudy posted:

Those places also never have anything past water for people that don't drink and are just their with friends. It's annoying.

And the water is always in a rustic steel milk bottle or some poo poo

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Zokari posted:

what is going on

the author i can explain - Mike is Jan & Stan's son and he took over after his dad died in '05 (Jan made it to '12 but it seems like after Stan died she wasn't interested in it anymore) and apparently he'd been helping out with them long before that.

the name is right though it's all the other names that are wrong

i loving *know* it was Berenstein because i always read it as Beren-stine because i thought that's how Stein was pronounced when i was a kid and i don't know when i crossed into this universe but i want to go back

i bet the Berenstein timeline didn't elect Trump

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zokari posted:

its different from the real people smartass

no it slipped through a crack between our universe branes from a slightly different timeline

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've read over 162 books this year.

e: I don't know why I didn't just say 163 :shrug:

Maybe you went to a library that had 162 books on the ground floor and you went up the stairs and read the "exit" sign???

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i found the book that one is based on and i guess the person who did the photoshop just changed the names for some reason???

e: they probably did it for this exact reason

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

so I'd never read any of the berenstyne bares books but I knew from internet that they were American classics and got one from the library recently to read to my kids

What absolute loving garbage, no wonder America is full of under educated morons if that's your nation's classic children's literature

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Chloe Jessica posted:

I think it's a

thing.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

so I'd never read any of the berenstyne bares books but I knew from internet that they were American classics and got one from the library recently to read to my kids

What absolute loving garbage, no wonder America is full of under educated morons if that's your nation's classic children's literature

theyre just kids books that a lot of people remember reading because theyre harmless

no one considers them "classic children's literature"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bike tory posted:

Fair.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
yeah no it's not a classic at all, it just gets a lot of attention because of the stein/stain thing

i grew up on AlphaPets. i wonder if those still exist

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
This applies to the Game of Thrones books as well. They'd be about half the length if GRRM omitted details of what everyone was eating.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
loving

Same

Jesus Christ this loving place sometimes I swear

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I too would be about half my length if I omitted everything I was eating

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Redwall books were just mouse muk bangs and occasionally a bagder would show up

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

minato posted:

This applies to the Game of Thrones books as well. They'd be about half the length if GRRM omitted details of what everyone was eating.

I'd like to draw attention at this time to Redwall Feasts Bot
https://twitter.com/RedwallFeasts/status/1461316677291757571?t=zrJQQtMcjC3KAN7HNAsjOA&s=19

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CPColin posted:

I too would be about half my length if I omitted everything I was eating

oof.wav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CPColin posted: