Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

11 acts, 18 bosses, poo poo's going to be nuts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Nerfed my fire sword :mad:

New Inscriptions:
Manual reloading grants your next magazine +10% DMG if you achieve at least 40% accuracy with the current magazine.
Each hit gains +3% weapon base DMG for 5s (up to 15 stacks), but you will lose 1 stack on a miss.
(Gemini) Killing an enemy with the held weapon increases the base DMG of the next shot from the off-hand weapon by 50%. (Up to 10 shots will be affected.)
[Woodpecker] Exclusive Inscription: +0.5x CritX for every crit hit within 2s of zooming in (up to +10.0x).

Inscription Balance Adjustments:
"Explosion AoE -50%; RoF and Reload Speed +40%.”->“Explosion AoE -20%; RoF and Reload Speed +40%.”
“25% chance to recover 50% ammo to the magazine when you kill an enemy.”->“30% chance to recover 50% ammo to the magazine when you kill an enemy.”
“When scope is on, shots consume no ammo for 2s and +50% RoF for the duration.”->“When scope is on, shots consume no ammo for 2s.”
“+10% Lucky Shot Chance but -30% Accuracy briefly on each kill. (Up to 10 stacks)”->“+10% Lucky Shot Chance but -10% Accuracy briefly on each kill. (Up to 10 stacks)”

Balance Adjustments:
[Fire Tower]
Reduced weapon base DMG(750->700)
Lowered the elemental effect chance of the normal attack in the second phase. (100%->50%)
[Thunder Storm]
Optimized the behaviour of the weapon skill.

Removed Inscription: "Projectiles+0.3, Magazine Capacity -50%.”
Changed the unlock requirement of [Porcupine] from: "Kill [Rogue Villain] 40 times with Corrosion DMG." to "Kill [Rogue Villain] 30 times with Corrosion DMG."
Changed the unlock requirement of [Demonlore] from: "Kill [Arrogant Lobster] 60 times with Fire DMG." to "Kill [Arrogant Lobster] 40 times with Fire DMG."
(*Players who have met the required number of defeats but haven't unlocked [Demonlore] will need to kill [Arrogant Lobster] one more time with Fire DMG to unlock it.)
Inscriptions that increase RoF will no longer be available on weapons that need charging.
Optimized the crosshair of some weapons
Optimized the buffer sequence of melee weapons and hero/weapon skills. Now, if players cast the second skill while the first skill is casting, then the subsequent counterpart will auto-cast right after the first skill.

Controllers:
Optimized the interaction behaviour when using a controller: A cursor will now appear when players are moving a stick.
Tweaked the strength of aim assist.

Reincarnation:
Added Reincarnation LEVEL 8:
In this difficulty, players will encounter a plethora of formidable room challenges where only those cunning, skillful and daring enough will win. Please be careful!
Adjusted the amount of Soul Essence needed to refresh spiritual blessings in [Reincarnation - Longling Tomb - Entrance]

Spiritual Blessings:
[Unstoppable Momentum] (Qing Yan's Exclusive)

Old: +100% base DMG for the next leap when you hit an enemy with a leap (up to 5 stacks). Removes all stacks on a miss.
New: +100% base DMG for the next leap when you hit an enemy with a leap (up to 10 stacks). Removes all stacks on a miss.
[Atomic Bomb] (Ao Bai's Exclusive)

Old: When using a secondary skill, there is a 30% chance to toss all remaining grenades without consuming uses. +50% Explosive Grenade DMG for 3s (stackable) every time any grenade deals DMG.
New: When using a secondary skill, there is a 30% chance to toss all remaining grenades without consuming uses. +50% Explosive Grenade DMG for 1s (stackable) every time any grenade deals DMG.
[Occult Booster]

Price adjustment: from 30 Soul Essence to 90(30->90)

Occult Scrolls:
New Enhanced Scrolls:
[Enhanced-Devil's Covenant]: +50% all copper gained.
[Enhanced-Propulsion Device]: Dash has 3 charges and its distance is increased by 3m.
[Enhanced-Elite Assassin]: +10% DMG Dealt for each elite or boss you've killed in the entire run.
[Enhanced-Backup Shield]: Recover 100% Shield/Armor instantly when Shield/Armor fully depletes. (Cooldown: 5s)
[Enhanced-Airbag]Recover 100% HP instantly when Shield/Armor fully depletes.
[Enhanced-Against the Flow]: Recover 15% ammo to the magazine every second for 4s after dealing DMG to an enemy.
[Enhanced-Untold Effort]: When using the Secondary Skill, there is a 50% chance not to consume any use and another 50% chance to deal +100% total DMG.
[Enhanced-Merciless Combo]:+10% weapon DMG for 2s whenever hitting the enemy (Can be stacked up to 100 times).
[Enhanced-Fast-Loader]: Fill the magazine instantly after swapping weapons. +30% Lucky Shot Chance (Gradually decreases to 0% over 3s), and your first 3 shots won't consume ammo.
[Enhanced-Skateboarder]Fill the magazine instantly after dashing, and shooting won't consume ammo for the next 2s.
[Enhanced-Safety Measures]: Dashing after being injured recovers total HP by 50% of the DMG taken within 2s.
[Enhanced-Mutual Respect]: Grants +15% weapon DMG and -5% DMG taken for every [Mutual Respect] your team owns.
[Enhanced-Generosity]: Increase the amount of HP recovered from buns by 50%. When you pick up/obtain a bun, all teammates receive 25% of the HP recovered; you receive 25% of HP recovered by teammates when they pick up/obtain buns.
[Enhanced-Capacity Overdraft]: The secondary skill can still be used when the number of uses is insufficient, but each use will cause considerable DMG to you and grant +30% skill DMG for 5s. (Up to 5 stacks)
[Enhanced-Energy Sandals]: Store 12 points of energy for each Dash, and there's a 33% chance to fully replenish energy points upon storing. Consume all energy points when using a secondary skill with +1% skill DMG for each energy point consumed. (Up to 600 points of energy can be stored.)
[Enhanced-Skill Booster]: Store 2 points of energy for each Crit, and there's a 33% chance to fully replenish energy points upon storing. Consume all energy points when using a secondary skill with +1% skill DMG for each energy point consumed. (Up to 500 points of energy can be stored.)
[Enhanced-Tactical Reload]: -100% DMG taken and +30% movement speed while reloading
[Enhanced-Resilient Life]: Restore 3% HP per second for 5 seconds whenever you take DMG. (Up to 5 stacks)

UI:
You can now replace the weapon you want to drop via weapon comparison at a peddler or a phantom peddler.
Optimized the experience of reviving a teammate. When a player starts to revive another in the air, the process will no longer be interrupted when they land.
The tooltip next to Talisman now only shows the introductions related to the current element.
Optimized the game behaviour in the character selection screen.
Optimized the post-game sequence. The talent screen will be skipped if players have reached the max level.
Added DMG number display option.
Added enhancement prefix info on each enhancement weapon's tooltip.
Fixed an issue where UI special effects may obscure the player's view when shock effects are repeatedly triggered.
Excessive ammo/secondary skill drops will be removed when there are too many in the current area.
Added main storyline and optimized tutorial.

Audio:
Added "Low Ammo Sound" in audio settings.
Optimized skill sound effects of elite monsters.
Optimized the gun firing sound played when duel-wielding [Illusion] using Ao Bai.

Network:
Fixed an issue where players might fail to invite friends to their squad under certain circumstances.
Fixed a matchmaking issue caused by host migration.
Fixed an issue where the teammates may be stuck at a place if the host leaves.
Fixed an issue where players may continuously fail to start a game under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where players may fail to connect to the host in co-op mode.
Optimized multiplayer experience when players are suffering from lag spikes.
Optimized matchmaking system.

System:
Optimized anti-cheat system.

BUG Fixes:
Fixed inconsistency between actual effects of some inscriptions and their descriptions.
Fixed an issue where the inscription "+5% weapon base DMG (up to 100%) for 6s whenever triggering an elemental effect. (Duration resets on each trigger.)" does not take effect on injectors.
Fixed an issue where the weapon skill of [Fire Tower] may fail to break the crack of a vault.
Fixed an issue where special effects may remain when using [Laser Gloves], [Thunderclap Gloves] or [Rainbow].
Fixed an issue where firing sound may keep playing when the weapon skill of [Talisman] is interrupted.
Fixed an issue where [Bloody Drill] may deal no DMG under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where the tongue on the model of [Dual Fang] may appear below its chin if players attempt to switch the weapon while it's firing, and then switch back.
Fixed an issue where ammo consumption with [Rainbow Arch] is not intended when [Tao] has the ascension [Warlike Blade] activated.
Fixed an issue where using skills while switching weapons may raise the weapon earlier than expected.
Fixed an issue where the effect of [Hail of Bullets] is abnormal with the weapon [Hell] when [Qing Yan] has the ascension [Hail of Bullets] activated.
Fixed unintended RoF bonus with [Tao]'s ascension [Warlike Blade].
Fixed an issue where flying swords, summoned by [Tao]'s ascension [Blade of Bloom], may deal no DMG under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where the effect of [Tao]'s ascension [Sword Defense] may terminate earlier than expected.
Fixed the unintended chance of triggering [Ao Bai]'s ascension [Atomic Bomb].
Fixed unobtainable drops in certain areas.
Fixed an issue where the tooltip of corrosive barrels may not display when players are knocked down by them.
Fixed an issue where the amount of peddlers/craftsmen/phantom peddlers that appear at certain places is the wrong number.
Fixed an issue where [Venomous Lizard] and [Lightning Lizard] may not appear in Act 2.
Fixed an issue where monsters may get stuck somewhere in [Basement of Longling].
Fixed an issue where players may get stuck somewhere in [Duo Fjord - Stage 2].
Fixed an issue where players may get stuck somewhere in [Shoreside Valley].
Fixed an issue where a peculiar chest in [Longling Tomb - Stage 2] may appear outside the map.
Fixed an issue where players can go out of the map in [Duo Fjord - Stage 1], rendering them unable to move forward.
Fixed an issue where the mortars dropped in [Duo Fjord - Final Stage] may disappear.
Fixed an issue where the tutorial may not function as intended upon reaching Lv. 25 if [Tao] is already unlocked.
Fixed an issue where emotion icons may remain under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where scroll info-boxes may remain under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where players may be unable to move if they are revived while reconnecting.
Fixed an issue where the titles of some data in the player information panel are not displayed.
Fixed an issue where spectator UI may not display as intended after reconnection.
Fixed an issue where some equipped scrolls may not be found in the backpack under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where interacting with a golden goblet using a controller may unintentionally lead to a weapon switch.
Fixed abnormal screen flickering issue when being attacked by [Nihilation Monk].
Fixed an issue where spawn special effects of some monsters may not be played.
Fixed an issue where players may see monsters that are behind a barrier.
Fixed an issue with the daily challenge effect [Unpredictable Fortune]: "When you have different numbers of Legendary Scrolls and Cursed Scrolls, +40% Lucky Shot Chance for each difference." where the buff effect may not exist when handing a scroll over to a peculiar chest for the first time.
Fixed wrong description of the scroll status icon [Field Support].
Fixed an issue where the scroll [Triple Comeback] may not function.
Fixed an issue where the scroll [Enhanced Bloody Ammo] may cause players to die under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue where being revived right after getting knocked down may cause the POV to be temporarily lower.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, already? Cool!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/5680722896203019195

New hero, seems a turtle, specialized in melee:

edit: oh poo poo: "Unlock: 600 Soul Essence". Time to save :(

New map, a frosty outdoor area

+9 monsters, + 2 new elite variants

The boss

Two new weapons
[Icy Spear]

Mortar

+New Reincarnation 8 difficulty
+11 new scrolls
+18 new enhanced variants

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 18, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/GunfireReborn/status/1461230445723455490

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Changed the unlock requirement of [Demonlore] from: "Kill [Arrogant Lobster] 60 times with Fire DMG." to "Kill [Arrogant Lobster] 40 times with Fire DMG."

The most important change.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow I hadn't noticed that one yet, that's one of the last ones I need to unlock that isn't tied to 'do x in y difficulty' :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Don't worry, they have replaced that bullshit requirement by a new one. I'm talking of the 600 essence to unlock the last character. I still have to finish the talent trees.
Dog unlocks at player rank 25. Bird at rank 40. Tiger at 55. Last reward is at 70. So why not unlock him at level 100?

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 18, 2021

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

oh...

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Played a run with a goon friend, made it to the final boss but wiped on the last phase. Translation could definitely use a pass there to make it a little clearer what the wipe condition actually is. I like the aesthetic of the last zone. Don't like that you only get one advancement choice instead of three, though.

New character is busted as hell early on and starts to drop off with scaling, from what I can tell (I didn't have them yet, so this is from the friend's commentary and third person viewing). It feels like Bunny on release in terms of power disparity. I wouldn't be surprised to see the base stats take a hit.

Ice spear is fun. Very fun. I don't care for the launcher as much but I'm sure it can be used well, just haven't gotten to figure it out yet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hell yeah full release! New stage, new bosses, new enemies, and some new scrolls/weapons is pretty awesome. The Turtle hero looks great too, just a goddang scuba mask on his face! :allears: More achievements to unlock too I guess, oh well.

Turin Turambar posted:

Don't worry, they have replaced that bullshit requirement by a new one. I'm talking of the 600 essence to unlock the last character. I still have to finish the talent trees.
Dog unlocks at player rank 25. Bird at rank 40. Tiger at 55. Last reward is at 70. So why not unlock him at level 100?

Bunny also cost Soul Essence too, though only 400 or so? I think it's a neat idea to have a few characters you can just save up a bit for to grab instead of investing in the talent tree, but at the same time 600 is way too much.

I'll still be able to instantly unlock Turtle but it's gonna mean not slamming high Reincarnation levels now so I can build back up some soul essence.

Kind of a shame, but also not too surprised, there has been a track record of mistranslated stuff. That aside, I'm not sure what they could have added to make a "campaign" mode that the game isn't already now, so I really wasn't expecting much. Cool we get some story now though!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Double posting to give my thanks that a bunch of the new scrolls were considered unlocked retroactively if you met the requirements already. Some of these scrolls look kinda nuts.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I don't know what people expected with the campaign. I always imagined it was just the missing intro, outro, maybe some dialog. But it was clear that what we had was the real game, with a missing area.

I heard people complain if the last boss, because he includes a final DPS check, that is game over if you fail. People with very tanky builds have problems beating it

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I had an inkling of there being a DPS check for the new boss from a cheevo sort of spoiling it. I haven't gotten to it yet as I've been playing around with Qian Su (Turtle) and dying a bunch on Nightmare while I get a feel for him. So far Turtle is a BLAST to play, just dash and punch everything with your shield out. Gunfire Studio has really knocked every new hero they've released out of the park in terms of having a really fun, focused playstyle while still being somewhat flexible.

I'll have a more clear opinion on the DPS check when I get to it, but tbh most successful runs are usually some level of broken so I'd be surprised if you can't meet it regularly. Still a weird thing to incorporate a pass/fail state into the game that doesn't involve understanding boss patterns.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Tbh there was already a dps check in the cube defense missions. Definitely failed one of those by being near unkillable but with not quite enough damage. :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Why no one joins to my matchmaking? it's release day ffs.

If any European wants to play in Elite, the id
ST25N8KEY933S5

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Maybe I'm misremembering, maybe I lost my edge in this last half a year, but I could swear I was better at this game. I'm being killed mercilessly lol. I remember I finally had beaten the game on Elite a pair of times just before I stopped playing last time (June?), so I kinda expected at least reach the third area in my runs but... after four tries I still wasn't able to do it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

In the last half year they've rebalanced Elite and Nightmare so traps are a bit nastier now and more aggressively placed so I wouldn't be surprised if you're taking more damage than you're expecting from those. The scroll pool is also more diluted so you can absolutely get slightly screwed on the scrolls you need. They also literally just buffed explosive barrels to deal twice the damage they did before so you really don't want to be standing next to one when it goes off, great for dealing with enemies now though!

That said Reincarnation (1) is laughably easier than Nightmare just because the Spiritual Blessings are so drat strong. Elite is still easy unless you're shoving your face straight into things that kill you.

(that's me)

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Turtle is good, but very defensive with burst damage options around his shield. Not the strongest but "has actual defense" is a niche that was missing, so it's neat.

The DPS check on the new final boss is 1000% bullshit. Our team kicked rear end and took names, but none of us has SUPER strong electric weapons, so... we just beat on his shield pitifully until we failed at the end.

It feels really counter to the rest of the game, but I guess I'm just going to take cat, get a broken af sniper weapon with stacked crit/lucky bonuses and that'll be that.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just futzed around with the cat for a bit until I ground up to 600 souls and gave turtle a try. Yeah he's pretty fun so far. At first I thought it was BS that punching with the shield up still consumed shells, but then saw part of his skill tree is boosting your shell stock massively as well as giving you increasing punch refunds so it's actually not too bad to get effectively infinite fisting for the duration of the shield.

I wish I'd had my screen capture running, I just cleared Act 1 on Elite and got Hellboy boss, erased his shield with a lightly buffed Star Devourer, got him down to like 33% health with just tackles and punches, and managed to get the kill with my Wildhunt just before I died myself (turtle still can't just stand there and facetank bosses :v: ). He never even got to jump back up and regen his shield, I think this is the first time I've ever 'one cycled' him.

I got a new little cutscene for the boss death animation, is that the 'campaign' they mentioned in the release notes?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The new weapons are fun. Not that is surprising, at this point is clear they know how to make fun weapons in a FPS.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/505_Games/status/1461599681591586816

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I like that with the turtle you can use your shield thing to revive allies like it makes him easily one of the better support characters other than catto.
Also spear is good fun

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Also, if WhiteHowler, creator of the thread, could update the title, it would be nice.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Turin Turambar posted:

Also, if WhiteHowler, creator of the thread, could update the title, it would be nice.

I'll ask a mod to change it.

I still have the game installed, but my co-op group has moved back to Deep Rock Galactic with the new updates in that game. I'd be happy to update the OP, but I'm not up to date on the new changes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tbh I've had more enjoyment out of playing solo that co-op for this game. Things just get way too much HP with multiple players to the point it's sort of a drag if you don't get the right builds going to kill things quick.

Update on Turtle runs: Finally got a win, and a first kill on the Polar Monarch. Turtle is hella fun with a punch build, and is honestly the most gun agnostic of any of the heros. The only reason to have a gun is to shoot the few enemies that can be just out of reach or your surprisingly long range punch. With the right build you can just go full FotNS on every enemy and it's hilarious. The shield also makes you totally immune to damage from the front and even wraps around the sides a bit which is probably the most busted thing about his kit.

Had zero issues with the DPS check for Polar Monarch, I literally had to restrain myself from killing him too fast so I could get the one cheevo for killing him in the last 3 seconds.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
The DPS check is absolute bullshit and should be 3x as long imo. I think the most annoying aspect of it r/n is that it makes it way way harder to carry people who aren't great through the game, like I don't wanna build as a glass cannon every game but there's a chance a game over is entirely inevitable if I don't.

Evil Kit posted:

Turtle is hella fun with a punch build, and is honestly the most gun agnostic of any of the heros.

Giving him a big refund on the shield's cool-down for cancelling it early was a wonderful design decision since it makes him actually able to be used at any range. The timers on all his buffs and poo poo are perfect so that you can do whatever you want with him as long as you stay mobile and are willing to hurtle in to an enemy every 6-8 seconds. Very good boy, probably the only character where I feel comfortable taking any gun as long as I avoid a couple (admittedly really good) goblets that limit his range.

Crown Prince honestly seems like he should be the general purpose hero at a cursory glance but Energy Blade III, Acidominance III, and Pyrodominance III are all such big boosts that I build around whichever 1 or 2 it looks like I can get by the end of a run.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The deafening mortar is a lot of fun on Dog. The close up blast is a "murder everything somewhat in front of me" button and the artillery option is a ton of fun if you get the right rolls

https://i.imgur.com/qSrum0i.mp4

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I beat the game! Well, thanks to a random dude in 2-player coop.

I thought I was doing it pretty well for myself, I would melt enemies if I focused properly on them, but I see now he did way more damage than me O_o
Well, I know at least I helped, I had to revive him a pair of times.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 20, 2021

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I did forget to mention that at one point in my successful Nightmare run as Turtle one of my punches did 313,000 damage in one blow, and with Wave Breaking Fist I was slamming 5+ punches out per Q press. The DPS is kind of nuts after you get a certain break point of ascensions.

Count Uvula posted:

Crown Prince honestly seems like he should be the general purpose hero at a cursory glance but Energy Blade III, Acidominance III, and Pyrodominance III are all such big boosts that I build around whichever 1 or 2 it looks like I can get by the end of a run.

Prince is the Elemental Weapon hero imo, which is actually a cool niche and incentivizes new players to try playing with the elemental system as the first character you have. This game has a lot of smart little design things in it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Demonlore unlock requirement can (still) get hosed. Lobsters are one of the rarest enemies in the game, I only had 3 to appear on my last game for example. So even if they lowered the goal to 40, that's still what, 13 games at least? 13 games were you have to reach the third area, and do it with a fire weapon if you want to progress in this specific unlock. So 13 games that have to be played with a specific build.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Turin Turambar posted:

Demonlore unlock requirement can (still) get hosed. Lobsters are one of the rarest enemies in the game, I only had 3 to appear on my last game for example. So even if they lowered the goal to 40, that's still what, 13 games at least? 13 games were you have to reach the third area, and do it with a fire weapon if you want to progress in this specific unlock. So 13 games that have to be played with a specific build.

It's Less Bad if you're playing coop and everybody knows to just leave the lobsters alone for the guy who has a fire weapon, and you should be doing most of your runs through the 3rd area before you max out a character... but it's still gonna be the last weapon 99% of people unlock.

I was sitting at like 45 kills when this patch hit, and still had to go get one more kill before it dropped.

It would also feel less bad if it hadn't been nerfed to poo poo a couple of patches back, so you need some pretty specific stuff to make it shine over a bunch of other recently buffed weapons.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

Synergies, imo:

Cat => affinity with elemental weapons/combos of course, corrosion damage in special because nades.
Tiger => affinity with sniper weapons, shock damage
Dog => affinity with explosive weapons, a bit with elemental weapons (as dual wielding makes easy to apply combos), but he has to avoid two handed weapons like swords, bows or the talisman (can't be used in dual wielding).
Bird => Close ranged weapons like shotguns, as in any case he is going to be close his enemies given the skills. This is made more explicit by a single ascension, Victory Rush, which can be triggered easily with shotguns.
Rabbit => Smgs or any other weapon with very high RoF
Turtle => Unarmed/shield affinity. I guess melee weapons too, as he usually will be on punching range of enemies.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I don't get turtle ascensions, he seems like he has a real hard time getting more dps and a ton of ascensions for his shield which sucks cause the last boss has a stupid dps phase.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Turtle is stupid easy, you just pick up punch ascensions and that's your DPS. Like each successful run I've had with Turtle is just get the right punch ascensions, win. I pretty much just stop using guns after a certain point because having your shield out and punching is quicker to kill and safer since you're totally invulnerable to damage from the front. Clenched Fist, Wave Breaking Fist, the one ascension that boosts the amount of Fist Sensation stacks you get, and Dark Tide? You basically don't even need a weapon to win, even more so than Slap build on Bird.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 21, 2021

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

Turtle is stupid easy, you just pick up punch ascensions and that's your DPS. Like each successful run I've had with Turtle is just get the right punch ascensions, win. I pretty much just stop using guns after a certain point because having your shield out and punching is quicker to kill and safer since you're totally invulnerable to damage from the front. Clenched Fist, Wave Breaking Fist, the one ascension that boosts the amount of Fist Sensation stacks you get, and Dark Tide? You basically don't even need a weapon to win, even more so than Slap build on Bird.

How? I ran out of punches very quickly, certainly not enough to take out a boss. I guess if you get Dark Tide 3 you can keep it up forever but good luck getting that consistently.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

How am I supposed to kill cute seals and stuff in the ice level?? They made things too cute!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

I'll ask a mod to change it.

I still have the game installed, but my co-op group has moved back to Deep Rock Galactic with the new updates in that game. I'd be happy to update the OP, but I'm not up to date on the new changes.

I played 200+ hours in DRG, so I can't say anything to you :P

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WarpedLichen posted:

How? I ran out of punches very quickly, certainly not enough to take out a boss. I guess if you get Dark Tide 3 you can keep it up forever but good luck getting that consistently.

tbh ignoring the exaggeration I like to make use of, as of Reincarnation 1 the only boss I can't entirely punch out is the World 2 boss simply because Windgod is a flying rear end in a top hat you might have gotten somewhat unlucky with ascensions. Usually though you just need 1 of Clenched Fist, Rogue Wave, and Wave Breaking Fist to just start murderizing. With the hero talent on top that gives you a punch every 2 seconds you're in Tidal Aspis usually the boss will be dead before you have to start sitting in Aspis to get punches back. Having even Dark Tide 1 also makes it way more viable, and by Polar Monarch if you haven't gotten at least one you're a bit unlucky.

The real important combo is Wave Breaking Fist + Rogue Wave, as high as you can get it. Just whip out your Aspis, slam into enemies and unleash the Turtle version of FotNS because you have 90+ Fist Sensation stacks.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Coop makes grinding Essence much easier. You get more Essence per fight (because there are more enemies?) and you advance stages a bit faster so overall you get more essence/minute too. In coop the game is easier, because you can revive each other, you can apply more elemental combos, and there are bigger chances that one of the player gets a broken build (as there are more players) so you have higher chance of winning or getting further into the game, which also means more Essence.

So I recommend playing coop to the people who still have things to unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

There's lots of ways to expand your secondary capacity, to the point where it can get to simply absurd heights. There's a dang doubler in there! I'm betting they're gonna have to nerf parts of the punching path, cause the dude is just too much of a mixture of damage and defense when you get up there. Being at your most powerful while you're blocking all attacks from the front and having ways to extend that state by effectively doing damage is just too much.