Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game really doesn’t want me to change the paint on the Porsche 918 Xbox 20th Edition. Every time I log in to play, it goes back to the original design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Qmass posted:

poo poo this new seasonal coop event is a ballbuster

modern supercars A800 - pissing down rain... some cars I couldn't even find an A class tune for, like the GTR. Had a ferrari 430 that could make the class and it was pretty fun, although it wanted to kill me the whole time. Anyway the unbeatable AI are just that, 3 cars gently caress off away and nobody could get close so we lost easy. The rental is some badly tuned i8 POS so avoid that.

If you take the GTR '17 and put offroad tires on it, it takes the class down below 800 and gives you a bit of room to add a few more things to it.

BTW, I also requested to join GRCC, username is Ehzr Vinh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Well I played some multiplayer thing. It was in the Mayan temple area and there were games like infected vs survivors, capture the flag type thing, and something else I can't remember. It was a little fun but mostly a waste of time, plus my team had one less player the whole time which made it pretty hard to win.

One thing I'm confused about is the flag game, can't the defenders if there are five of them just kind of create an impenetrable box around the goal area and prevent all scores?

It's a shame the Sesto is so ugly, such a good car. but I don't like how it looks, it's like a child's idea of a badass car

I've been rocking the Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK Forza Edition with a Gulf Oil light blue/light orange paint scheme that looks so loving good. Car is really fun to drive since it's a 10 in every category except speed and offroad. Not the fastest but looks so great and very fun to drive. Usually I'm either driving that or the Hoonigan RS200 (which I finally manage to buy in the auction for like 600k)

Internet Explorer posted:

Something about the AI just don't seem right in this game, certainly not something I ever noticed in Horizon 4. It seems like the AI cars just act so inconsistently. Like, you'll be going along a relative straight, no real driving involved, and a car that you've been keeping up with in other straights, or even early in the straight, will just rocket ahead. And then at times, similar thing, except for in reverse. It'll be like they literally had a flat tire and slammed on their breaks, without breaklights.

I know that racing games have rubberbanding to try to keep things interesting, but it's not something I've seen mentioned a lot in the Horizon threads. It almost seems like rubberbanding, but like, not when it's supposed to be doing it.

Anyone else notice this?

Someone posited another explanation, but one other thing is that the pathfinding/racing line is a bit broken. It will often indicate to slow down when switching roads, or approaching a small bump, even in the middle of a race. But it's actually totally unnecessary to slow down at all. However, the AI automatically slows down when instructed to by whatever constructs the racing line. If you don't slow down there (and you shouldn't), it's kind of the main opportunity to gain on the AI opponents. And if you don't have racing line enabled you might not notice this. It's kind of annoying actually because I never know if I need to take the red 'slow down' indicators seriously or not.

Also, obviously, if you get sideways even a tiny bit, get wheelspin, or even touch anything you'll be slowed down drastically.

Incessant Excess posted:

Worst thing about Forza is that I still have to move the mouse cursor off screen on every launch.

Truth, friend. Truth. Even then it keeps appearing in the center of the screen randomly even though I'm only using controller.

Play fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 18, 2021

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Play posted:

Well I played some multiplayer thing. It was in the Mayan temple area and there were games like infected vs survivors, capture the flag type thing, and something else I can't remember. It was a little fun but mostly a waste of time, plus my team had one less player the whole time which made it pretty hard to win.

One thing I'm confused about is the flag game, can't the defenders if there are five of them just kind of create an impenetrable box around the goal area and prevent all scores?

If you sit still in flag game you go transparent and lose collision. But also yes, a lot of defense is focused around the capture area in ctf

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One more thing: I did my first user-provided tune today and I'm a little confused. I thought they were tunes as in tuning the exact specs of the springs and dampers and aero and such, not just different arrangements of parts. They're both, right?

Is there any way to get tunes that don't include new parts and just have setup changes?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Unless you already own the parts used on the tune in question for that specific car, the game makes you buy them when you install the tune.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so, what accolades are newly available now with the season change?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Oh yeah

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

That's the best horn in the game, hell yeah.

Nice watch, too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GreatGreen posted:

That's the best horn in the game, hell yeah.

Nice watch, too.

Black chunky watch will serve me well until I can get something with a color that pops.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

That's the best horn in the game that's not Doom Horn, hell yeah.

Nice watch, too.

Seasonal jump is bullshit, finally got it but it's bullshit

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Is it wrong that I expected the BWWWAAAAAH! horn to be a Raving Rabbids sound and not an Inception sound?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The 2019 STI S209 was added to the car collector list.

one of the console forzathon store items is the civic coupe which isn't available any other way

e: apparently S209 is a car pass thing. Next week we get the Renault 8 Gordini and the week after that the Mercury Cyclone Spoiler.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 18, 2021

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

You're just upset you can't beat my D-class gauntlet time.

you thought you were safe having what amounted to the #6 time?? (the guy I have selected is where the cheaters start)
you "car" is 4 tons of cast iron riding on top of 4 bicycle wheels all suspended by the same suspension as in a horse carriage, european class and refinement will win over that every day

3rd try, first was with the wv buggy, it sucked total rear end in a top hat, 2nd try was with the renault, drifted into a barrier at 45%, 3rd try was the charm, but then again I already have clean laps in B and A class on the gauntlet so I know the track
nice one to cubivore beating my a-class time by almost 2 minutes, impressive stuff

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Has anyone managed to complete an Air themed arcade and, if so, how big was your group?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
sorry if the forums are feeling slow, it's just me refreshing them 2000 times per second waiting for powershifts QQ response to me blowing up his nerd rear end

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

sorry if the forums are feeling slow, it's just me refreshing them 2000 times per second waiting for powershifts QQ response to me blowing up his nerd rear end

are you still on that? I've moved on to my C class Isetta.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

what do you mean where the cheaters start are they actually cheating? or just because they're using TCS?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

are you still on that? I've moved on to my C class Isetta.

and there it is lol

Play posted:

what do you mean where the cheaters start are they actually cheating? or just because they're using TCS?

I mean that the guy and all above are cheating, you can see the car he is using, the game says it is D-Class but it is not possible to have a D-Class tune for the Manx.
Edit: Maybe I am wrong, I only checked the Forza Edition Manx....

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Has anyone managed to complete an Air themed arcade and, if so, how big was your group?

You need 3 people who aren't total dipshits.

For the "total jump distance" thing, use quick travel to get back to the start.
For "do as many air skills", find somewhere in the circle where you can consistently get the wheels off the ground every few seconds like this https://streamable.com/33y0q2

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

I did one earlier and we had, oh, five to seven going.

First stop was the airfield right outside the main Horizon base. Just hopped in my Jesko and murdered the meter a couple of times and the other two were pretty easy after that.

You can switch cars during Arcades, so I moved to a Rally Fighter for the third one since lol Jeskos on dirt

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the seasonal race with SUVs is bullshit, I have to drive a bigass Defender and they can get M3s and Imprezas?

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
Fixed my game crash by manually downloading C++ redistributable package from microsoft.

Huzzah back to racing cars poorly :)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Haven't fixed the water droplets on the screen bug. That's kind of annoying.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

you thought you were safe having what amounted to the #6 time?? (the guy I have selected is where the cheaters start)
you "car" is 4 tons of cast iron riding on top of 4 bicycle wheels all suspended by the same suspension as in a horse carriage, european class and refinement will win over that every day

3rd try, first was with the wv buggy, it sucked total rear end in a top hat, 2nd try was with the renault, drifted into a barrier at 45%, 3rd try was the charm, but then again I already have clean laps in B and A class on the gauntlet so I know the track
nice one to cubivore beating my a-class time by almost 2 minutes, impressive stuff

If you can catch up to my ghost by 76%, you can see the spot where i tried looking backwards to figure out where your ghost went and i tapped the wall ever so gently. past that i started playing it pretty safe.

I, too, declare times faster than my own to be illegitimate.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Forza Motorsport 7/Horizon 5: Players above me in the leaderboards are cheaters.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Forza Motorsport 7/Horizon 5: Players above me in the leaderboards are cheaters.

It's the code of online racing games. Everybody faster than me is a cheater, everybody slower than me is a scrub.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

It's the code of online racing games. Everybody faster than me is a cheater, everybody slower than me is a scrub.

I'm not sure that anyone slower than me even deserves the rank of scrub.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

I'm not sure that anyone slower than me even deserves the rank of scrub.

I'm not sure there even IS anyone slower than you.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Did they get rid of the blueprint/eventlab forzathon cheese where you could just do a 10 second race and get credit?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm slower than them! I can do anything I put my mind to. Especially being slow

I actually haven't fiddled around with leaderboards or minmaxing at all yet. I feel like I race pretty well, I always have difficulty at highly skilled or expert but finding out the exact best car and the exact best upgrades and tunes to use is kind of boring. I like to use a different car every race and I race with totally stock cars frequently. I just choose one that might be fun and go with it

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

:sbahj:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Wiltsghost posted:

Haven't fixed the water droplets on the screen bug. That's kind of annoying.

Extremely annoying. Turn off screen lens effects until they fix it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I thought it was just super hot in the car and the game was simulating perspiration. :downs:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

Extremely annoying. Turn off screen lens effects until they fix it.

What's that bug exactly?

One thing I've noticed is that in street league or whatever it's called, the checkpoints with the orange smoke coming off the flares are ALL fcuked up. Like they look pixelated like they're on the SNES or something, it's a very strange effect and I can't help but notice it in every street race

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Play posted:

What's that bug exactly?

After a wet race rain drops stay both on your screen and/or on the car's windshield permanently.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm never catching Cubivore's meme car.

This felt like so much more than 39 seconds, you were off my map by the bottom of the mountain.

It was a poo poo ton of fun, though. I got to pretend i was an old timey moonshiner running from the fuzz.

share code for the C700 32 ford: 406 502 938
share code for the D500 polaris: 966 949 384

probably not the best but they compliment how i drive.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 19, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

Harsh but fair. :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Powershift posted:

I'm never catching Cubivore's meme car.

This felt like so much more than 39 seconds, you were off my map by the bottom of the mountain.

It was a poo poo ton of fun, though. I got to pretend i was an old timey moonshiner running from the fuzz.

share code for the C700 32 ford: 406 502 938
share code for the D500 polaris: 966 949 384

probably not the best but they compliment how i drive.

the true meme car is my s1 32 ford coupe forza edition (yes of course i bought the fh5 controller)

i went 5-0 in cross country open racing in that thing last night, it's bonkers both in how good it is and how you have to drive it like an outlaw sprint

e: speaking of open racing last night,

i fuckin love that they had the balls to put the crazy huge tracks in online rotation lmao

this was also the 2nd b-class road racing championship in a row in that lobby, and the second in a row that i won, winning 3 of 5 races in the first championship and 4 of 5 in the second. whoever itt that said the alpine a110 sucks can shove it, that thing rules.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Did I ever make it into our goon club? how can I tell?

And if I did, what do I do to have races with people?